THE CRY OF SWAN SONG - sokeefe

By LoveBookwormGirl

Keefe has stood in the shadows way too long. After a talk with Ro Keefe knows he needs to confess. Sophie des... More

A/N :)
Chapter 1 Keefe POV
Chapter 2- Keefe
Chapter 3- Sophie POV
Chapter 4 -Biana POV
Chapter 5: Fitz POV
Chapter 6: Tam POV
Chapter 7: Keefe POV
Chapter 8 : Keefe POV
Chapter 9 : Sophie POV
Chapter 10 : Ashleigh POV
Chapter 11 : Linh POV
Chapter 12 : Biana POV
Chapter 13: Sophie POV
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!
Chapter 14: Keefe POV
Chapter 15 : Biana POV
PLEASE READ QUICK
SPECIAL 1K ACE POV
Chapter 17 : Sophie POV
Chapter 18 : Keefe POV
ANNOUNCEMENT
Not an update unfourtunately
Chapter 20 - Fitz POV
SPECIAL 2K CHAPTER 21
UPDATE STATS
Chapter 22 : Sophie POV
2K Special Dex : Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Sophie POV
Chapter 25 : Ashleigh POV
Chapter 26 : Dex POV
Chapter 27: Sophie POV
Chapter 28 : ??? POV
Sorry y'all for the wait!
Chapter 29: Ace POV
SHOUTOUTS
STOP RIGHT NOW- OMG
Chapter 30 : Keefe POV
Chapter 31 : Dex POV
Chapter 32 : Keefe and Sophie POV
Chapter 33 : Keefe and Sophie Join POV
Chapter 34: Sophie POV
Chapter 35: Multiple POV
Chapter 36 : Sophie POV
Chapter 37 : Keefe POV
Chapter 38 : Sophie POV
Epilouge
Announcements And Dedications
thank you thank you thank you
Special 40K BONUS EPILOGUE

Chapter 19 : Keefe POV

1.1K 10 70
By LoveBookwormGirl

A/N: So sorry for the long wait! Kinda had writers block. But I'm back just waiting for inspiration to strike I guess.

ALSO I WANT TO PROMOTE A STORY BY drlivvy, another reason I haven't uploaded in so long. THEIR STORY CALLED KEEPER OF THE LOST MEMORIES IS MIND BLOWING. I cried, laughed and gasped multiple times. It's actually got a really good plotline and it's like really plot twisty and maybe the writing is even better than shannon messeneger i swear. So go check it out! THIS AUTHOR IS LIKE AN INSPIRATION!.

Okay, so in the two weeks  I've spent thinking about what this chapter will be about the story has reached 2k. Oops?....

Anyway I'll do a 2k special soon. 

Also I had that concert and have been rlly busy with exams and I just got maths back and barely passed. So I'm trying to study more. So I might update less frequently.

Keefe Sencen wasn't breathing properly. He couldn't breathe. 

His mother had picked up shortly after he called. 

"Son." She had regarded him so carelessly, so unlovingly. Like he was nothing to her. Nothing important at least. Her defined cheekbones were angled away from him and she didn't maintain eye contact. Her face was splotched with purplish-blackish bruises.

I had to grimace to reduce the chances of me snarling. I looked at her appearence, she appeared to be slouching over something, but she straightened when she saw I noticed. She straightened to her full height and questioned.

"Well....I don't have all day, and by the looks of things...neither do you, so quickly hurry up. Your analysis is not going to help solve anything."

My lips pulled into a small frown. "Fine, I'll get straight to it." 

I smirked a little. "But first Mother, I need to ask you a few questions..."

Mommy just rolled her eyes and sighed defeatedly. "Whatever do you want now?" 

"To join the neverseen." I said quickly, worrying that if I took too long I would take back the unforgivable words.

Mother's eyebrows shot up, like a rocket. I smirked. "Don't go all rocket eyebrows on me there, mummy." I said flatly. 

Her eyebrows settled but her smirk- so alike my own was etched into her skin. "Oh- perfect. Did you finallyy realise that Sophie doesn't care about you?" 

My frown deepened a little. The words stung, a new wound to add to the collection of those I'd gained before. 

Her words added to the collection and my mind fell back into a dark time. 

"Keefe, what are you planning on doing when you finish Foxfire?" 

Only 7. 

"I don't know daddy....I want to paint people!" I cheekily smiled whilst holding up my painting of me and him. How, little did I know about the real world. "What is foxfire?" I curiously asked my father. 

"A school, one you need to get into, I will not have a son who is going to fail me, he must be an emissary. Not an...artist." He spat the word, as if revolting. 

Only 7 

Too young

I frowned causing my mind to spiral more. "What's an emissary?"

"A very important person, it's a job. My job."  My father continued with the  at-the-time seemingly endless stack of papers he had collated on his desk. 

"Oh."  I replied shortly, my mind spiralling more. "Why can't I be an artist daddy?" 

My father chuckled. So unloving, unsupportive, so dead in the soul. "Oh Keefe, you'll understand soon."

Just then my mother entered the room her midnight blue gown sweeping the polished floors. The silk trailing behind her. Her hair was pinned with her star hair clip, and little wisps of her wavy blondish hair fell out of her bun as she shook her head. 

"Cassius...stop tormenting your son. Keefe..." His mother walked over to him and he flinched. His motber always invoked a certain sort of fear in him. A fear he hated. 

"You will be whatever you want..."

He hadn't realised her wordplay back then, but she said will. Not can. 

He would.

He would be her puppet. Then...

He could be whatever. It didn't matter to her. 

Keefe's bottom lip trembled, threatening tears to fall and he nodded. "Okay mommy." 

Gisela smiled and stood and strode out of the room, her finger painted something red. 

Keefe frowned at pointed at her finger. "Daddy? What is that?" 

Gisela gasped a little but recomposed herself. Fake. "I must have cut it whilst preparing dinner. Silly me." 

Liar.

Keefe didn't eat that night. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Lies

Keefe sat down, 9 years old. Drawing his mother, and her red hand. He imagined the red spreading, the red engulfing her. His father barged in and Keefe quickly hid the drawing. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He spat. 

"Nothing" Keefe said looking down ashamed. All he wanted was to make his father proud. 

"Homework."  Cassius sneered. "That. Is what your doing." 

Keefe sighed and pulled out his workbook. 

That was the last time Keefe felt the need to make his father proud. 

Keefe's mother had come and embraced him that night. 

Lies, all damn lies. 

"Keefe..?" His mother spat. "I asked whether you were sure." Almost concerned. No. Keefe, she doesn't love you, she only wants to use you for her plans.

"I'm sure." I said confidently, but some voice inthe back of my mind told me no. 

"Hm." Gisela analysed him. "Let's go then." She approved. Good. 

"Good."

Gisela raised an eyebrow but dimissed his comment. 

Gisela held a weird orange sunset kind of colour to the sun and motioned for Keefe to follow.  Keefe hesitantly stepped into the unknown light and braced for impact out of instinct.

Instead he opened his eyes to a pretty sunset pink and purple painting the sky along with vibrant streaks of orange and red. Keefe let out a little gasp. It was a paint-worthy scene. He would do anything to go back and paint it. 

Gisela analysed him with challenging eyes. Keefe decided to ignore it. 

"I missed you," Gisela said flatly, lacking emotion. 

"I don't think you did." The words just slipped out. But I kept going. "Get this right lady, I'm not here for your petty lies or "emotions". I'm here because I can't be accepted by anyone, why not take advantage of it. So shut your pie hole and let me do my jobs, I'll fufill your stupid "legacy", but you don't touch my friends. I don't care about your cold-heartedness. Trust me, I put up with that shit for forever. I don't expect my friends to have that burden aswell. So shut the shit and pretend I'm one of your minions, I don't actually care, just shut it Gisela. I don't really care for anyone anymore. Not Sophie, not dad, not fitz, not the black swan not anyone and definitely not you."

She stood still like a statue. Shocked probably. 

"Shocked?" I laughed heartlessly. "Yeah, now you know how it feels to know your mom is a col-hearted control-freak sociopath." 

Gisela lips pulled into a grimace. "Your just as lazy as your father says you are."

"I'm too lazy to think of a comeback." I drawled. 

"You don't appreciate your mother enough."

I chuckled. "The same way you appreciated your son before you betrayed him?" 

"Stop being a baby, get a life."

"One like yours? Nah..."

Gisela rolled her eyes. 

"Find a brain back there?" I said seizing the oppurtunity.

"Oh will you grow up!"

Everything went quiet.

"Please." She begged.

I sighed in defeat and ran a shaky hand through my hair, 

"Okay..." After all this time I still gave in to her. Stupid instincts.

"4 years." I started myself by saying "4 years since you betrayed me. Since I fully trusted you. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner. I waited Gisela. I waited 4 fucking years." I blew out quickly before she could respond. "4 damn years since you said you cared, truthfull, and I really thought but you loved me, your son. But now I know." Keeping my eyes trained ahead. "No, I wouldn't have done all the things I have done if I knew you would end up like this. All I wanted was a normal family. Why is that so hard to understand? Why the fuck?"

His mother stiffened. 

"I'm tryin-"

"No, no Gisela, you aren't, do you know what I did after I found out you were with the Neverseen. i cried, I stupidly cried, for you. Begging you to come to your senses and to come back, to me, and to your family, but then I realised that it was hopeless. You broke me Gisela, you broke me! And you don't deserve to be called a mother. You deserve to rot and break. Because thats what you did to me! I broke down. I fucking broke...your fucking own blood, and son. Wow. Mother of the year. And all I wanted was for you to say, that you love me...or-r" I was full on crying now.

"Or that you were sorry." I said through sobs. "Just give me the cloak and get me to a fucking base." I yelled out. "Torture me or torment me, doesn't matter anymore. I'm broken, shattered and I'm not surprised if my mind is even working anymore." 

She was hesitant.

"Please" I said sternly. "Please. End me for all I care." 

At that she shook her head. "Stop saying that." Her voice soft.

"Give it to me." I said furiously.

"Keefe-"

"Fucking give me the cloak." I said crying.

Gisela backed away and handed me a cloak and gave me a pathfinder with a neon green crystal on top. 

"There. Go." She said softly. And she studied me carefully.

He turned away and raised the pathfinder to the light. 

And as he leaped away he swore she could see her wipe away a tear.

A/N: The stellarlune insta spoilers are really giving me cassius redemption vibes...so why not give a little motherly-gisela in this chap.

Also keefe is in the neverseen...did you expect it?

Also daily question...

Q: Do you think cassius will be redeemed in stellarlune or no?

A: I'm not sure at the moment but maybe?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 4.4K 33
One half of the time it's a gun fight The other half, we're taking off clothes, clothes, clothes🎶 Alethia Verstappen, Formula 1 driver for Ferrari ...
291K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
488K 10.3K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
115K 1.7K 54
2/14/22: #1 in sokeefe!! Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Sophie couldn't seem to get the words out of her head. ~~~~ "You never know how much...