I Can Live neither With You...

By Netwerk

Rikako Saromi is associated with the Ghouls of Anteiki, and the group Clowns. She just doesn't know it yet. A... More

I CAN LIVE NEITHER WITH YOU, NOR WITHOUT YOU
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Fifteen

9 0 0
By Netwerk

Gasping loudly I spring out of my spot on the bed, my chest feeling heavy with each shaky breath. My palms becoming clammy, adding to my discomfort I look over to my side seeing Uta still sleeping. His arm draped across my waist. Sighing I brush some of the hair from his face removing his arm also. Locating my clothes switching them out for the ones I borrowed for the night.

Uta...After we had kissed nothing had been said afterwards. We looked at each other for a few moments longer, trying to comprehend what just happened. I kissed him again afterwards, wanting to confirm that feeling in my heart and mind wasn't a onetime thing. I wasn't. I'm not sure why I'm so happy about it, but being in his arms felt...nice.

I check the time on the clock sitting on the bedside table whilst putting my shoes on. 6:00 AM. Sighing I nod, searching for a pen and pad. When I grab them I just think about what to write.

Thanks for letting me stay over?

You're a good kisser, but I gotta go.

All sounded horrible and cringe worthy. Scribbling down my intention to go home and I'll see him sometime soon. I tip the note out placing it on the pillow. Standing back for a few seconds I watch Uta in his sleeping state, he looked, peaceful? No, that wouldn't be the right word. Relaxed would be it. More relaxed than I had seen him before.

That's creepy. Tucking hair behind my ear I walk out of his place and start heading back to Anteiki, and boy do I hope that Touka's working the early shift right now. Halfway to the shop I see Touka walk out holding the sign board in hand.

"Hey, Touka!" I call out waving my arm in the air. Slowly she turns around confused seeing me. I ran the remainder of the way. "Please tell me you're working with me today."

"Yeah...why, what's wrong?" Slowly and awkwardly she questions. We walk into the shop telling her that I'll get changed first and explain when I get back.

I tie my hair into a high pony tail walking down the stairs joining Touka at the front once again. When I walk in the main part of the shop the fresh smell of coffee already hitting my nose, a few regulars who come into the shop before work sit around. I grab a pen and pad dumping them into the front pouch of my apron.

"What did you want to tell me?" Touka asks pouring coffee into multiple mugs giving me a quick glance.

Leaning against the bar supporting myself with my elbows. "Well, last night I met up with U and-"

My words cut short by two very tall men with cases in hand. This takes me back... "Welcome!" Touka and I greet in sync. They give us a quick nod and smile sitting down at a table. Taking out the pen and pad making my way over to them, they dress very much alike and the cases the exact same.

"Morning gentlemen, what can I get you?" I ask smiling at both taking note of the small bags under their eyes, and the slight bloodshot-ness in them also. "Tough morning?"

The one with brown hair nods rubbing his face over multiple times. "Yeah," looking up at me he licks his lips. "I'll just have a regular coffee."

Nodding my head I write it down whilst directing my attention to the other male with a wider build. "And I'll have a cappuccino, please." He smiles at me as I write shooting his friend a look.

Without another word I turn on my heel heading back behind the counter making a start on both drinks whilst Touka washes some dishes in the sink.

"Hey, careful of those guys their-"

"The bad guys," I question switching the caps over and pressing a few buttons on the machine. "Yeah I know." She doesn't press me any further. Instead she sighs continuing on with her task.

"Anyways as I was saying, I kissed Uta." Smirking when I hear some dishes clash in the sink turning around seeing Touka's surprised face, her mouth opened slightly.

"Seriously, well good for you guys." She says smiling, now completely unfazed, carrying on with the dishes.

"You don't sound very surprised by this. I mean, at all."

"Rikako," Touka begins drying off her hands with a towel hanging from the bottom cabinets. She approaches me placing her two hands on my shoulders. "It was bound to happen until one of you acted on your feelings." She says smiling patting me a few times before walking away.

Raising my eyebrow at her, "hold up. "Only a matter of time"?"

"I mean, anyone could tell that Rikako and Uta would eventually become an item." She explains.

We're not an item. We just kissed. And a few times after that. I nod once picking up the warm cups taking them over to the table.

"So you're saying a case like this hasn't happened in over three years?"

"Exactly, people think "Butterfly" is back on the streets."

"Butterfly?"

"Oh right, newbie. Three years ago there had been a violent crime in a home. The victim was tied up with two cuts on either side of the spine having the lungs fully exposed. A CCG member also saw an attack in place once and caught sight of a butterfly mask. Thus the name we've given them."

"Why is "Butterfly" back now though? Why after all this time?"

"Who knows, I know it's our job to catch this SOB before they can do anymore damage."

My stomach twisted, turned and knotted as the one with brown hair described a killing. It seemed familiar in a way, but I don't remember hearing or reading it anywhere. I placed the cups down in front of the men receiving a smile from both. "Will that be all gentlemen, or can I get you something else?" I ask smiling at them despite wanting to be sick on the table.

"No I think that will be all, thank you." Brown hair answers grabbing hold of the drink instantly, breathing in the scent of the coffee. "It smells amazing!"

I smile wider bowing to him I say thanks. Retreating back to the counter beside Touka we stand in silence observing those in the shop, chatting away to each other or those who read. The bell on the door chimes directing my attention there, a real smile tugging at my lips.

Uta had walked into the shop. Touka and I greet him as he scans the crowd. Eyes stopping at the sight of those dressed in suits and a briefcase beside them. Uta ushers me over to him. I glance over at Touka who nods.

"What's up?" A part of me hoping it is about last night's events. The other half telling me his appearance here is nothing of the sort.

He pulls me close to him which surprised me a little. "Kaori is dead. He was murdered last night." Uta whispers in my ear. "Those men with the briefcases-CCG, believe that a Ghoul attacked him." My grip tightening on his jacket burying my head further into his chest, Uta arms wrap further around me resting his head on mine. I don't even get why I'm upset by this. I hardly knew him but he was a good person from what I saw. Then again, so are the other people dying by the hands of every Ghoul out there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385K 23.3K 82
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
825K 18.8K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
157K 3.3K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1M 35.2K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...