Chapter Fifteen

Gasping loudly I spring out of my spot on the bed, my chest feeling heavy with each shaky breath. My palms becoming clammy, adding to my discomfort I look over to my side seeing Uta still sleeping. His arm draped across my waist. Sighing I brush some of the hair from his face removing his arm also. Locating my clothes switching them out for the ones I borrowed for the night.

Uta...After we had kissed nothing had been said afterwards. We looked at each other for a few moments longer, trying to comprehend what just happened. I kissed him again afterwards, wanting to confirm that feeling in my heart and mind wasn't a onetime thing. I wasn't. I'm not sure why I'm so happy about it, but being in his arms felt...nice.

I check the time on the clock sitting on the bedside table whilst putting my shoes on. 6:00 AM. Sighing I nod, searching for a pen and pad. When I grab them I just think about what to write.

Thanks for letting me stay over?

You're a good kisser, but I gotta go.

All sounded horrible and cringe worthy. Scribbling down my intention to go home and I'll see him sometime soon. I tip the note out placing it on the pillow. Standing back for a few seconds I watch Uta in his sleeping state, he looked, peaceful? No, that wouldn't be the right word. Relaxed would be it. More relaxed than I had seen him before.

That's creepy. Tucking hair behind my ear I walk out of his place and start heading back to Anteiki, and boy do I hope that Touka's working the early shift right now. Halfway to the shop I see Touka walk out holding the sign board in hand.

"Hey, Touka!" I call out waving my arm in the air. Slowly she turns around confused seeing me. I ran the remainder of the way. "Please tell me you're working with me today."

"Yeah...why, what's wrong?" Slowly and awkwardly she questions. We walk into the shop telling her that I'll get changed first and explain when I get back.

I tie my hair into a high pony tail walking down the stairs joining Touka at the front once again. When I walk in the main part of the shop the fresh smell of coffee already hitting my nose, a few regulars who come into the shop before work sit around. I grab a pen and pad dumping them into the front pouch of my apron.

"What did you want to tell me?" Touka asks pouring coffee into multiple mugs giving me a quick glance.

Leaning against the bar supporting myself with my elbows. "Well, last night I met up with U and-"

My words cut short by two very tall men with cases in hand. This takes me back... "Welcome!" Touka and I greet in sync. They give us a quick nod and smile sitting down at a table. Taking out the pen and pad making my way over to them, they dress very much alike and the cases the exact same.

"Morning gentlemen, what can I get you?" I ask smiling at both taking note of the small bags under their eyes, and the slight bloodshot-ness in them also. "Tough morning?"

The one with brown hair nods rubbing his face over multiple times. "Yeah," looking up at me he licks his lips. "I'll just have a regular coffee."