quean; 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐁𝐘!𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓�...

By moonjirose

𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐚𝐧; a woman of bad character A story about Esther Shelby and her journey of being the second oldest... More

𝑷𝑳𝑨𝒀𝑳𝑰𝑺𝑻
↦ 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞
01 - one
02 - two
03 - three
04 - four
05 - five
06 - six
07 - seven
08 - eight
09 - nine
10 - ten
11 - eleven
↦ 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨
12 - twelve
13 - thirteen
14 - fourteen
15 - fifteen
16 - sixteen
17 - seventeen
18 - eighteen
19 - nineteen
20 - twenty
21 - twenty one
23 -twenty three
↦ 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
24 - twenty four
25 - twenty five
26 - twenty six
27 - twenty seven
28 - twenty eight
29 - twenty nine
30 - thirty
31 - thirty one

22 - twenty two

925 22 1
By moonjirose

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

Esther walked into the betting shop, the place Isiah told her they would meet up at. Her eyes held a glint so leathel that satan himself would turn around upon seeing her. Her family was already gathered, she turned around to Isiah and pushed him towards the door. "You're leaving, I'm fucking angry with you right now." he apologized once again and left with a regretful look on his face.

She strutted through the shop, pushed the doors open and quickly stomped towards her little brother. "Here you a-" he didn't get to finish as she kicked his shin with as much strength as she could muster. Her brother doubbled over with a grunt as she huffed in satisfaction. "Don't you ever tail me ever again." she turned around and took the whiskey her aunt held out to her with a small smile. 

"Now that we're all here." Tommy huffed as he shook his leg slightly. "There's some stuff that needs solving." Esther looked through her family members, two were missing.

Arthur & Micheal.

"Arthur and Micheal are in prison." he said, coming straight to it. Esthers eyes widenend as she placed the empty glass on the table behind her. "What the fuck." she cursed. Tommy raised his hand to tell her to hear him out. "Arthur was framed for the murder of Billy Kitchen and Micheal was arrested for burning down the Marquis Pup some time ago." he pushed a cigarette between his lips and sighed as he lit it.

"The Pubs been raided by the coppers, Tommy." John spoke, stepping away from his wife. "Sabini and Solomons took'em." he said befor his wife, Esme, tried speak up. "She has no place to talk here, she's not family by blood." Polly spoke, cigarette between her fingers. Esme only narrowed her eyes at her as Thomas urger her to speak, hearing her out.

"I spoke to Johnny, the Lees are kin now. They can give you men for a few nights." Polly only rolled her eyes. "We don't need more fucking men! It's men that have done the damage! It... It is men fighting like cockerels." Thomas doesn't say anything and ignores Polly completely. "Tell Johnny to gather'em." Esme nodded and stepped back to John again.

Polly shook her head as she dropped her cigarette into Esthers empty glass. "This life is bad, this life is all bad." she cursed.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

Esther despised the smell in these walls. The mold and the stank from the unkept men made her sick. She hated that her brother had to be stuck in here, that he had to breathe the same air as these bastards. She wanted nothing more than to kill every single person in this prison and break her older brother out, but nothing would be solved by this and she knew that more than anyone else.

"John, Esther." her brothers voice pulled her from her thoughts and she gave him a small smile. He looked drained, like he hadn't slept in some time. "Arthur." she grabbed his hand through the bars. "We'll get you out of here, i promise." she said, thumb stroking his hand. He nodded and gave a small smile. "All sentimental, alright." John chuckled as he held a cigarette out for Arthur to take.

Esther was quick to reach inside of her jacket and reach for her hip flask and hold it out for her older brother to take. His eyes lit up as he saw the small container holding some whiskey. "To make it a bit more tolerable in here." She chuckled. The man behind the bars enjoyed the cigarette and the few sips of whiskey like a starved man. After a few minutes of silence John spoke. "You've tried to hang yourself twice, now the king's going to do it for you."

Esther slapped him on the back of his head and shook her head. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Arthur nodded his head and spoke as well. "I regret not doing more with my life, it's gon' end like this now." he sighed. Esther shook her head and grabbed hold of the bars. "You don't have to regret anything, you have a long while to go, brother. And no one is gon' be hanged by the fucking king." she said, a tear slipping down her cheek.

Her brothers eyes filled with tears as well. "You cryin'?" John chuckled and grabbed a hold of her shoulder before stroking down her hair with a sad smile on his face. "No." she sniffed before she wiped the tears away. "See ya', Arthur." she smiled and stroked his hand once more. "We'll definitely get you out of here." He only nodded and took another sip of the hip flask.

"See ya', love." he whispered as he watched his siblings walk away.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

A few days later Esther made her way down Watery Lane to meet up with Tommy and James, Ada's new housemate. Thomas urged her to accompany her with meeting up with Alfie, since he seemed to like his older sister. 

She slipped through the streets like she built them, knowing exactly where to go as the mellow sunlight brushed agains the cold brick building. Just as she turned a corner closer to the garrison, the destination of departure, she was stopped by someone garbbing the collar of her dress jacket from behind. 

With the element of surprise the anonymus people threw Esther to the ground, her back aching as she opened her eyes. A few coppers stood gathered abover her, laughing, cackling as she laid there. "Shooting our chief wasn't the brightest idea, Shelby." one laughed as he kicket her in the stomach. The next one punched her in the face, a sickening crack sounded in her ears as a blinding pain cursed in between her eyes.

"This is the lightest punishment." one laughed as he kicket her in the face, blood spilling over her eyes, she couldn't keep her eyes open as she tried to shield her face with her hands. She felt pathetic as they beat her to a pulp, cowering on the ground like a beggar. But she had no chance, there were at least five or six men all a tad stronger than her targeting her. Her only objective was to survive, no matter if she laid here like a coward. She couldn't die here at the hands of some coppers.

After an eternity of punches and kicks they left her alone, laughing and making jokes as the dragged her further down the alley, for people to not notice what they had just done.

Esther kept still for another few moments. Her arms were still tightly shielding her head and her feet tightened over her stomach as her rabid breath kept her reminded that she was still alive. She turned on her back as she tried to make out the sky but all she said was red, her blood pooling in her eyes and the pounding pain all over her body. She needed to get to the Garrison, now.

With all of the strength she could muster she tried to get to her feet. Thankfully no major bones were broken, she could walk. She stumbled down the street, head held high as blood seeped from her wounds and the blinding pain which cursed through her body kept her walking.

A few moments later she turned a corner to the Garrison. She could see her brother, Thomas and Ada's friend waiting in front of a car, impatiently checking his watch over and over again. She straightened up and walked towards the two men. His eyes found hers as she took a breath, the pain almost not endurable.

"Esther?" His voice was nothing above a whisper, watch dropping into his pocket. James staid quiet as he watched the bloodied and beaten woman approach them. "What the fuck happened to you?" Esther spit some blood to the ground and raised a hand to silence him. 

"Let's get going." She spoke, blood pooling from her nose and from her scalp. "I'll tell you in a moment." She turned around and coughed voilently, a bit of blood leaving her dry throat. "Fuckin' hell" James spoke and got into the car.

After a few minutes of driving her brother spoke up again.

"Check her." she could hear her brother say, James hand found her thigh as he tapped her to check if she was still alive. "I'm not dead, not yet." she said, throat burning. "What happened?" he asked. She sighed but kept her eyes closed, the pain numbing a bit. "Had Campbell pay what he owed me." she paused to peek at her brother. "His thank you, i guess."

Tommy slammed his hand against the starring wheel. "I'm killing this bastard." she chuckled, the pounding pain reappearing once again. "No need, i shot him in the knee."

James kept silent once again, no need to involve himself in this chaos.

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

we're nearing the end of the 2nd act :)

hope u like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 9K 32
"even when she was lying, there was a certain truth she always told" A pretty girl, a deal gone wrong, an ultimatum, and a death... Another average w...
1.4K 42 12
Olive Shelby spends her whole life following the orders of her older brothers. The day of her brother John's funeral, she makes a decision of her own...
13K 238 26
Amelia's fear begins when she realizes the darkness within her family. She has always wanted to be part of the gang, Peaky Blinders, but now she is n...
78.9K 1.5K 20
'𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒' /həʊp/ noun '𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅 𝓉𝑜𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓈 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉' - michael gray x fem!oc peaky blinders