Tales from the Phantom

By Blue_Hybrid_

Babysitting 101s, A deadly Virus, new neighbors, and some new and old faces. Memories, good and painful. Ligh... More

Welcome!
Pilot
Part title
Part title
Part title
Part title
Part title
An illusion
Mike Wars
The one with the karen
Vector's Neighbor, Karen
Thunderstorm on Angel Island
Rise of the Mike
Night Terrors
Problems in babysitting
My No Romance - The Pride Parade
Shadow: Safety Check
A Birthday to Remember
Terrible Terfs and where to Find Them
Blood & Tears
A day in the life of Vanilla
Trust, time, & patience
Baby Steps
Scared
Doctors & Donuts, what a day!
Working Title
Kitten' around
Heatwave
It Doesn't Matter... or does it?
Goodnight Longclaw
Breakfast and Small Talk
A New Mike
Attack on a Titan
The amazing life of Silver
One Evening at Freddy's
The Halloween Oneshot
Real; or a faker?
Battle Scars
This is why I have Trust Issues...
I promise...
Lost & Found
Blurry Vison
Thanksgiving Day
Hedgehog vs Bee
Sonic and the aro/ace rings
The Ow House
Monster Hunter
I won't be home for Christmas...
...Or maybe I will?
Christmas Eve
A Quick Thank-You

Hate? That's no good!

27 0 3
By Blue_Hybrid_

Language, transphobia & deliberate misgendering, bullying
At one point, a character says a hateful slur, which I have starred out for obvious reasons

Amy skipped happily up the stone stairs to the house on Angel Island. Today was the day her and Sonic had planned to hang out, and she had been looking forward to it.

"Hey Tails!" She greeted cheerfully as the young kit opened the door.
"Is Sonic here?"
"Yeah.. but he hasn't come out of his room all day, not even for lunch,"
Amy didn't even wait to rush up the stairs to the balcony, knocking on Sonic's door.
"Sonic? Are you ok in there? Your not hurt or sick or anything, are you?"

There was a slight mumble behind the door, the two looking at each other in concern.
Amy opened the door, peeking her head round, surprised to find him sat in his bed, earphones in listening to something.

"Can I come in?" She asked, Sonic nodding and she walked to the bed and sat on it.
"What's going on?"
"Wha..? Nothing.. I'm.. just chilling, that's all," he smiled slightly, but Amy shook her head.
"No, no. There's definitely something wrong. What happened?"

"It's embarrassing," Sonic admitted, handing his phone over, it being open on a Instagram DM

Girl

?

You'll always be a girl

plz lesve me alone

No, wake up you
delusional piece of
shit

Why don'y you
go toich some grass?

Amy continued to scroll through more of the troll's DM, shocked at the amount of harassment and bullying.
"Oh, Sonic!" Amy eventually said, closing the phone, "I don't know what to say, that's horrible! I can't believe that someone would say all that!"
"A lot of the time I wake up to all sorts of comments. 'T' this, 'R' that.   

"Why don't you just block them?" Amy questioned.
"Oh trust me, I've tried. But when you're world-wide famous, and everyone knows you, it's hard," he stopped for a bit, "Sometimes I wish that I wasn't the hero,"

"Oh," Amy quietly said, "Well, are you still up for today?"
"Of course," Sonic grinned, jumping of the bed. He had promised Amy, and he would never break a promise to someone. Besides, he'd been looking forwards to it.

***

"I thought that we'd go to this new ice cream parlor, if that's okay?" Amy asked.
"Anything's fine with me," Sonic replied with, which was true. He never seemed to mind doing whatever his friends wanted to do.

Sitting down at the table, Amy brought up the subject again.
"So, what are you going to do about it?" She asked, generally concerned at the amount of hate.

Sonic just shrugged, "Heh. Not much I guess. I didn't even want the app to begin with," he admitted, "Did you just bite your ice cream?"

"Yeah. I don't mind," she laughed, watching her friend's face.

"Well. Would you look who it is?" Sonic heard a familiar voice behind him, one that belonged to a certain green hawk.
"No," Sonic whispered before turning around to find Jet right in his face.
"What are you doing here?! You here for a rematch!" He yelled.
"No Jet. I'm just getting ice cream," Sonic deadpanned, "We just happened to be in the same place,"

"Nonsense!" The hawk bellowed, "We're having a rematch, now. You wouldn't want to disappoint your girlfriend, now would you?"

This got Sonic upset, "For the last time, Jet. She's not my gir.."
"I'm not his Girlfriend," Amy said at the same time, "He's aromatic and asexual, and doesn't want to date anyone. And I wouldn't change that for the world."She smiled.

"Eh, whatever," Jet scoffed, while Sonic looked surprised at what Amy had just said.

***

Later, the small group was gathered in the skate park, Jet walking over to some kids.
"Beat it you little bugs, it's our turn now," he threatened, and the kids ran off, scared of the green bird.
"Ok, I'm ready," Sonic shouted over, pulling on his riders gloves.

"Heh," Jet sneered, "loser. Ok. We race around the skate park, do a few tricks, and Wave here will tell us which one of us did best," he then got up close to Sonic's ear, "She's brutally honest, so don't be offended when she makes fun of you you fake,"

Jet then continued to ride off on his hover-board, Sonic following suite, straight up the largest ramp in the park.
"Can you do this?" Jet jumped of his board, twisting his body in several different ways, "Or will your delicate little snowflake scars tear?"

"Snowflake? Snowflake!" Sonic growled back, "If you're getting offended by someone's scars, you're the snowflake!" Sonic continued to do exactly what he had done, but better.

Behind him, Jet heard Amy, Rouge and Wave cheering.
"Ahh! You're making me look bad in front of the ladies!" Him and Sonic raced side-by-side, Jet's anger getting hotter and hotter.

"I've had enough of this, you fucking t****y," Jet rammed his board into Sonic's, sending him flying and he hit the concrete with a thud.

Jet rushed over, kicking and stomping on him.
"What the heck?!" Sonic asked as he tried to get up, "Jet, stop! What's gotten into you?"

"Hey, hey! Time out you!" The three girls ran over, Wave pulling Jet away, "This isn't a a friendly competition, this is a straight up hate-crime!"

"You ok Blue?" Rouge helped him up.
"Yeah.. ugh.." Sonic got to his feet, Amy gasping.
"Sonic! You're bleeding!"
Sonic looked down at his knees and arms. They was covered in bruises.
"Eh. I'm fine. This happens," He shook his head, which made Amy sad.

This was supposed to be a good day when they hung out as friends. This wasn't supposed to happen, nobody should have gotten hurt by it. But, as sad as it was, where was some people who just wanted to make her friend's life a misery.

"Come on, let's go back to my place. I'll get you fixed up, and I'm sure that my parents will be making enough food for an extra. They always over-do it!" Amy turned back to Jet, "As for you, if I see you come near Sonic again, I. Will. Stamp your kneecaps backwards!" She threatened, before walking of with Sonic, knowing that Wave and Rouge would do a good job at teaching him a lesson.

***

"Sonic?" Amy asked as she helped him clean his grazes, "How often does this happen?"
"Hmm?"
"I mean, how often does it happen. When people hate on you?"

"Often," he sighed, "Don't ask me why, I don't know the reason. Some people just can't respect others,"
"That's horrible!" Amy seemed angry, "You're the nicest, sweetest, most friendliest personI know! You don't deserve it!"

Sonic then turned to the other side of the couch, to Amy's parents, "You guys are really good cooks,"
"Thanks. I can't believe that it's only now that we're meeting you. Amy's told us so much about you, a little two much. But you're a nice kid, you're welcome here whenever you want," Amy's mother smiled.

"Boy, it's getting late, it's dark outside," Sonic realized as Amy finished up. "Well, thank you for your hospitality, but I must get back home before Tails sends out a search party," he laughed, "He still gets nervous when I'm out for a while,"

***

Walking into the house on Angel Island, he found Tails watching a movie on the couch.
"Hey Tails,"
"Sonic! You're back and.." he looked the hedgehog up and down, he was still in his rider's outfit and had both lower arms and knees wrapped in clean bandages.
"Do I even want to know?" Tails sighed.

"It was just a skateboarding incident," Sonic said with no energy at all, heading up the stairs, "I'm just gonna go to bed. See you tomorrow," he shut the dirt behind him, took the gear of, and climbed into bed, thinking.

"It's getting worse with every passing day. I hate to say it, but I think that I'm out of luck. Not even our rulers wants us even more. What chance do we stand? This is a battle that I can't fight,"

"I guess that I'll just have to grit my teeth through it,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 191 20
My First Wattpad Story. The characters in this story aren't mine they're Sega's. (Y/N) belongs to you and is also you. (Y/N) is just a normal girl wh...
6.4K 46 22
I'm alone. I'm scared. No one can hear me. I'm slowly getting crushed. The air is being squeezed out of my lungs. I can't hold on much longer. I'm sl...
14.4K 521 17
"ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴜɢ ᴛᴡᴏ ɢʀᴀᴠᴇꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴜꜱ, ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴀʀ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ, ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴ' ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ꜰᴇᴀʀ" -------------------------------------------- (Y/N), a poo...
13.2K 313 28
You've asked for a Part 2 and here it is! Cream and the others are happy now that everyone is happily married! Now it's time for families and other g...