Astrid

By raine2021

Astrid has never stepped out her house. She didn't know that her parents hitting her wasn't right. She always... More

ASTRID
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Author's Note
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Author's Note
27
Characters
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
42
Not an Update
43
Books I'm working on
44
45
More Character Aesthetics
46
47
48
Epilogue

41

30K 1K 102
By raine2021

"Can we please get rid of Adrian," I walked into Daemon's office whining because Adrian kept ruffling my hair. But I stopped midway when I saw two other people in Daemon's office.

I stood frozen in the doorway when Daemon beckoned me to him. I slowly walked up to him and he got up for me to sit in his chair.

"You two can leave, we'll continue this later," he told the two other men in the room and they left.

"Where do you want me to send Adrian?"

I giggled. "I don't actually want him gone silly. He just annoys me a lot."

Daemon kissed my nose, humming softly. "How did your test go?"

"Brilliant."

"I'm glad."

"Daemon."

"Yes love."

"You promised you'd take me out after we come back home but you didn't."

He smiled. "I apologize, my darling. It slipped my mind. Where would you like to go?"

I've been waiting for this question. "Can we please please please take out old stuff or stuff we don't use and donate them? Please don't say no."

Daemon chuckled. "I can never say no to you, darling. Well do that tomorrow okay?"

I nodded excitedly. It'll be fun.

Daemon stood up from his position on the floor. "Come on now, dad wants to meet you."

I held his hand and walked alongside him down an empty corridor with a door on the very end of it. Ambrose King, it said on the door.

Daemon knocked and we waited until papa asked us to go in.

"Papa." I jumped into his arms and papa peppered my face with kisses.

"My precious child. I missed you. Are you okay? Was Adrian mean? Are you hungry? How did your test go?"

I giggled. "Easy papa. I didn't even catch all your questions."

Papa took a deep breath and smiled. "First tell me, how did the test go?"

"Great."

"And Adrian? Was he alright?"

I giggled again. "Yes papa, Adrian was alright. He even blushed!"

I heard Daemon laugh behind me. "I have to go now, darling. Meet me before you go home." Daemon kissed my head and left.

"Are you hungry," papa asked.

"No papa."

"Why not? You haven't eaten anything in such a long time."

"I had a big breakfast papa."

Papa sighed. "If you say so." Then he went all quiet. He looks so sad.

"Why are you sad papa?"

"I can't believe my baby's going to school. You're growing up, love."

"But why are you sad about it?"

"I never thought you'd grow up so soon," papa almost cried.

I tried to placate him by kissing his cheeks. "But you have so many children and they're all grown up. I think Adonis might even get married soon. Are you sad about that too?"

Papa shook his head. "I couldn't care less about those creatures, baby. But you- you're my everything, love. I don't want you to grow up."

It seems a little silly to me but I guess that's how parents think when their babies grow up. Maybe he's sad he won't get to coddle me as much. But why wouldn't he? It's not like I'm leaving. Oh! Maybe he's afraid I'll get married and leave him. Silly papa.

"Don't be sad papa. I'll always be your baby."

Papa nodded. "Yes you will." He then proceeded to pick me up and put me on the couch. "I'll get you food."

"But I'm not hungry."

Papa shook his head. "Just some fruits. Please."

I can never say no to him. "Okay."

______________________________________

After having a giant bowl of fruits I came back home with Adrian.

"How'd it go," Soren asked as soon as I walked in.

I nodded. "Good."

"Do you need help choosing your electives?"

"Yes please."

Soren smiled. "Why don't you go freshen up and then I'll help you after lunch.

I agreed and went to my room.

______________________________________

"I don't know man," I spoke into the phone.

"Come on it'll be fun. And bring her along." My friend Mason is trying to convince me to go to his party tonight. And he says I can bring Astrid along with me. Fuck it.

"Soren." I yelled walking towards the living room.

"Soren."

"What," he asked without removing his eyes from his laptop.

"Come with me."

That got his attention. "Where," he narrowed his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and pulled him by his hands.

"Wait let me put my lap-" thud.

"Great." Fuck Soren's seething in ager now. "You broke my laptop."

"I'll buy you another one I promise but please come with me."

He rolled his eyes but followed me to my room nonetheless.

I locked the door after we're both in. "Look Mase is throwing a party -"

"When's he not throwing a party," Soren interrupted.

I rolled my eyes. "No like this is the one he throws every year before school and I wanna go."

"Then go. Why are you asking me?"

"I'm not asking you. I'm informing you that you're coming along."

Soren shrugged. "Sure."

"And-" I gave him a nervous smile. "I was thinking maybe we could bring Astrid too."

"Absolutely not."

"Come on why not," I whined.

"You know what happens at these places, we can't take her somewhere like this."

"Please I'm sure she'd love to go."

"No she wouldn't."

"She would."

"No- wait let's go ask her. I'm sure she'll say no."

I nodded and off we went to ask our darling sister. I hope she says yes, I even have my fingers crossed.

Soren knocked on her bedroom door.

"Come in."

Soren and I went in.

"Do you want to go to a high school party with us," I asked without wasting a single moment.

"Yes."

"Hah. Suck it bitch."

"Anubis," Soren glared at me through his glasses. "Sorry sweetheart, you can't go."

Astrid pouted. "Why not?"

"Yeah Soren, why not?"

Soren scratched his head. "You see, it's not the best place for you to be. How about we go out for ice cream?"

She shook her head. "I wanna go to a party. Please."

An I knew Soren's stone clod heart melted. He sighed. "Okay fine, but only if dad says yes."

I scoffed. "Don't be ridiculous, dad will never let her go. We'll just sneak out and sneak back in."

Soren looked at me over his glasses. "Sneak out? Pray tell brother how do you plan on sneaking out of this heavily guarded manor."

Before I could argue in favor of my high-caliber brain Astrid spoke. "I'll ask papa I'm sure he won't say no."

And before any of us could stop her, she ran out.

"If I die, I'll fucking kill you," I hissed at Soren while he just shrugged and walked out with his hands in his pockets.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.1K 37
Francisca was only 10 years old when her mother decided to pack hers and Francisca's things and leave their home along with Fran's father and 2 olde...
295K 7K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
1.3M 30.2K 83
Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for her whole...
180K 4.8K 31
Everyone in life is dealt a hand of cards. The player can't control if they are dealt a good or bad hand but the player can control the outcome if th...