Synthesis of Scattered Pieces...

By Writerbyheart01

Once upon a time, An eighteen years old girl was in love with a boy, she use to pray for him... Crying in Suj... More

INTRODUCTION
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10 (i)
10(ii)
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22
23.
24.
25.
26.
27
28.
29
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41
42
43. ..
44.
45.
46.
47.
49.
50.
51
52.
53.
54
55
56.
57
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
not an update.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.āœ”ļø
88.
89.
Epilogue.
Bonus 1
Bonus 2.
Not an Update.
Bonus 3.
Bonus 4.
Bonus 5.
Bonus 6.
Bonus 7

48

1.4K 188 235
By Writerbyheart01

"Mommy," holding the corner of my apron with his tiny hand he successfully grabbed my attention. My little boy, my only hope to live.

"Yea, mommy's little prince?" Without stopping my hand to stir his favourite dish, kheer I asked him, just to get another innocent question, "Tomorrow is eid, right?'' There was something in his eyes which always resemble his father. Alas... We're far away from each other.

"Absolute right." Leaning down to his level I replied and kissed his cheek. "But my new clothes?" He asked with curiosity; in reality, he wasn't interested in clothes but I knew!

"Don't you think only a few days ago we bought two good pairs of shoes and many clothes for you?" With fake innocent expressions and puppy eyes, I asked him but my little boy had real innocence on his face.

"But you also promised to buy me new toys!"

"Umm... Yeah... But for now, lemme cook dinner. We'll go tomorrow." I replied with a sweet smile but it was a fake one.

"Please mommy, you promised me," Zaryab stressed his words but I wasn't in the mood to listen. It was a tiring day at the office then cleaning and preparing for eid, and besides everything, I just didn't want to go anywhere! That's it. 

"Mommy please!" Zaryab pulled my apron one more time but I ignored,  "Mommy... Mommy please..." This time I looked at my son who was on the edge of crying. His little eyes were flickering with tears. My heart clenched with an unnamed pain, kneeling in front of him I pulled him into a hug.

"Mommy has to do some work beta! She is busy!" Zaryab sobbed and pulled himself away from my arms. I was pretty surprised to see him furious, this is the first time when he had shown this stubborn side.

"Zary...'' Before I could say anything he burst out crying "You're bad mommy, you're a liar! You never fulfil your promises. You don't love me." I was stunned! I wasn't expecting anything like that. It hurts when a loved one takes no notice of your efforts. I try to give him everything I can, I forget my comfort to make him comfortable but I have to admit little kids don't consider these things, according to them eid is a synonym for enjoyment and my son deserves all happiness. Gulping down my emotions I took a step towards him. "Zaryab beta, listen to me." I tried to pull him softly but he wasn't ready to hear anything, he was just crying out loud.

"Zaryab... Beta listen. You wanna go to buy toys?"

"Okay, we're going. Get ready." I said louder than usual to grab my crying son's attention, he sobbed one more time while wiping his tears. "I'm sorry beta?" I just pulled him in a tight hug and kissed his head. "You're right... Mumma doesn't keep her promises. Let's go I'll buy you everything you want." I mumbled and two tears rolled down from my eyes but I make sure to hold myself together. These tears are a clear explanation of my weakness and I can't show myself as a weak person in front of my son.    

<><><><>

Walking on the road is not easy when each and everything make you realise that tomorrow is eid but this day is meaningless for you. I looked at the little boy walking beside me, his face and eyes were glowing with joy. "Do you want anything else?"  Just to fulfil his demand I ignored my heartache.

"A robot."

"Okay... Anything else?" I asked with a big smile and he represented an endless list, I was quite amazed to heed but keep walking with him silently, but before I could walk further my feet were rooted to see someone on the other side of road.

It was none else but Daniyal!

It felt like a dream... My lips stretched into a smile, He was only a few steps away from me, and I wanted to meet him not as my ex-lover but as an old friend who taught me many things. But suddenly my smile died when witnessed him lifting a piece of pani puri and soon he fed it to the girl standing next to him. His wife! The way they both were smiling and talking was indicating the state of their happiness and love. Daniyal deserves every happiness! I'm glad he is enjoying his life with his wife. Half of me wanted to go to him and ask forgiveness, I knew I didn't keep my promise and left him in the ditch of sorrow, I wanted to get rid of this guilt; on the other hand, half of me was stopping to approach him. I didn't want to remember him about the past and our love... I didn't want him to think about me when his wife is with him.

"Mommy..." Zaryab pulled my hand and I looked at him "hmm?''

"Won't you buy anything for yourself?'' He asked me innocently, I could feel a different pain with that question but it gave me happiness too. I don't feel like to celebrate eid when my husband is not with me but a"I already have everything." I just shook my head and glanced at Daniyal, this time his wife was already looking at me. Without choosing to do any damage to the present relationships I turned and changed my path.

Now zaryab was looking happy, what else I wanted? Nothing. After buying some chocolates for him and something for dinner I come back home. Now I was enough tired to cook dinner or clean the home so decided to take a rest after feeding this little boy.

"Mommy"

"Hmm?"

"When will dad come to meet me? I'm missing him."

"He's busy beta,"

"Make me talk to him on call." He further demanded and I nodded while giving him the last morsel. "Go and brush your teeth."

Sometimes it's difficult to handle Zaryab, somehow I diverted his mind and put him to sleep. His countless questions were eventually stopped for a few hours and I rest my head on the headboard. Slowly silence started gulping down the dull walls of my room leaving horrible loneliness behind.

My heart was sinking due to unknown dismay and my eyes were ready to flow down fresh tears. I was missing Shahid, his presence around me and his hand in my hand. Moreover, after witnessing Daniyal with his wife I was feeling deprived.

This suffering and suffocation are killing me.

Before I could continue this a knock on the main door dragged me out of the train of thought. Wiping my tears I inhaled deeply a few times and open the door.

"How are you Adeena?" I was stunned to witness this face. "Were you crying?" She questioned, maybe my eyes were puffy due to crying. "No, I'm not crying." I smiled but cried too after hugging my sister. 

"Adeena... My baby... Don't cry." She mumbled while caressing my back but I just cried out in her arms like a kid, I was meeting her after five years. "Aapi why you took so long to come?" I sobbed.

"At least go inside, Adeena." She whispered making me realise that I was standing in the doorway of the apartment. Breaking the hug I gave her space to enter, she was holding her suitcase which indicates that she was directly coming from the airport.

"What condition you've made of yourself?" She asked holding my chin in her hand, she also had tears but I shook my head and wiped away my tears. "I'm absolutely fine aapi! Are you coming alone? Where are my nephews and jiju?" I asked when witnessed her alone but instead of replying she stare at me for the next few moments and in the end tears rolled out of her eyes.

"Have you done preparations for eid?" she whispered and I nod my head while trying to smile. "Zaryab's clothes are ready, I've cleaned the home, changed curtains and sheets... Only cooking..."

"I'm asking about you." Her question stopped me for a second and I couldn't help but sob loudly.

"Aapi, this is the second eid after Shahid's death, I'm missing him." and I broke down for the first time in these 18 months of hardship.

"Adeena, don't you deserve happiness?" Aapi asked me but I already know what she was saying. "Please, don't talk to me about remarriage. I can't forget Shahid."

"For how long will you manage everything alone? You also need emotional support. You're just 29, Adeena. You have a long life ahead."

"Please aapi, I've already told you to do not bring this topic up."

I can't give Shahid's place to another man, and now I'm scared of love and its outcome. When I loved Daniyal, destiny pulled us apart and tied me with Shahid then took him away too. At the beginning of marriage, it was hard for me to believe that I could love him ever but that man and his unconditional love made me forget everything. And now I only love him and keep loving him till the end of my life.

<><><><>

*Second Day of Eid*

Mr and Mrs Kazmi along with Daniyal were sitting with Anwar and Bilal in the living room meanwhile Maryam was preparing lunch. Shifa looked at her mother-in-law with a smile and stood up, "Ammi, I'm going to help Mumma," Mrs Kazmi nod her head and again looked focused on the ongoing conversation.

"Mummy tell me what help do you need?"

"Nothing! You just sit with them, I'll handle everything."

"Come on Mumma, at least you don't treat me like a guest, I'm already feeling awkward coming to my own home so formally." Looking at her pretty clothes which were quite uncomfortable for her, She rolled her eyes. Maryam smiled at her act and open her arms, without wasting time Shifa hugged her with a big grin on her face. "I can't tell you how happy I'm to see you happy," Maryam let out her emotions in few words, she was overwhelmed by Shifa's happy state but then broke the hug with a kind of disappointment, "Everything is fine, but why aren't you wearing matching jewellery?"

"Deni has given me these earnings for eidi, so I wanted to wear this only." Told Shifa to her mother and she examined the beauty of that small piece of gold hanging from her daughter's ears.

"Masha Allah. May Allah give you happiness," Maryam blessed her meanwhile they all listened to the doorbell.

"Who can arrive at this time? Shifa muttered while turning to go to open the door but Maryam stopped her

"It must be Rani Baji, you stay here, Billu will open the door"

"What? Mumma why did you invite Ammi and baba if Rani Phuppo was supposed to be here? You know na, she could say anything odd regardless of the guests." Shifa kinda panic. And she wasn't even wrong but Maryam assured her that nothing wrong would happen as Anwar had already instructed Rani to stay silent and not create any mess.

"Surprise!" But instead of Rani, someone else walked into the home and shout loudly. "Affooo..." Shifa was delighted to see her bestie. "I missed you so much, how are you now? And how will you manage the loss of study?" Shifa inquired about everything in a single breath. Afifa was unwell for the last fifteen days so she wasn't going to college and Shifa wasn't getting time to go to meet her, but now both girls were ready to jump like kangaroos to demonstrate their happiness, yet they decided to stay within the limits of humanity.

"Come let me introduce you to Ammi and Baba." Shifa literally dragged Afifa with herself.

''Shifaaaaaa... I'm still weak and feeling dizzy." Afifa squeezed her bestie's hand which stopped their small journey outside the living room. "I'm sorr..." Before Shifa could complete, a voice fall in their ears and force them to turn back

"Oohoo aaj to bade bade log aaye huye hain." Said Shariq with a huge grin, he was over the moon to see Afifa after so many days but Shifa glared at him as she didn't like his comments about her best friend. For the time being Rani and Musa also entered into the home and Shifa changed her plan.

(Wow, special guests are here!)

"Let's go to my room instead of wasting time with some useless people." Shifa turned to go to her room and dragged Afifa with herself.

"Take rest here, no need to go in front of that idiot monkey. I'm coming back in just a few minutes." Leaving Afifa alone Shifa fled out of the room in a hurry, both girls didn't know that someone was already waiting for a chance to meet Afifa.

"How are you Afifa?"

"What are you doing here?" Afifa glared at Shariq who just sat down in front of her without choosing to reply! "Afifa." He shifted little closer to her making er heart thob with different pace but ignoring the state of her heart she continued to glare at him.

"I love you." Grabbing her hand he muttered. His thumb slowly caressed the soft skin of the back of her palm which was enough to make her uncomfortable and nervous she tried to pull her hand from his grip but he was fast to tell her what he was already hiding in his heart. "I've already talked to Dad, he'll come to your home soon." He smiled dragging her to a new world of chaos... Neither she could refuse as her heart was happy to see Shariq's love on the other hand she was afraid of Shifa's reaction. Before her brain could conclude a reply she felt someone's presence on the doorway.

"So he is that person! And you're hiding this from me." Shifa was hurt to know that her best friend was hiding such a high matter from her. Shariq was also shocked, deep down he knew very well Shifa's decision will alter Afifa's decision.

"Shifa listen to me..." Afifa jerks away Shariq's hand and stepped out from the bed.  "What do you want to do? Do you like to play with emotions? Initially, you were playing with my emotions by insulting me in every possible way but now you're playing with her heart by showing your fake love and kindness! And you Affo... What do you think, could he love anyone? No Dude... No! He's a heartless creature and mark my words he only know how to give pains and tears." Shifa pour out all her anger on Shariq and asked the last part to her best friend. Afifa stay silent, even she was confused whom to believe, Shariq's confession or Shifa's explanation?

"Stop it Shifa! Stop measuring me on your scale! Everyone knows I hate you and you also don't like me, that's it. But my feelings for Afifa are real so don't judge me on your scale." Shariq kind of huffed and Shifa glared at him.

"I can't trust you for her! She deserves a great man and I know pretty well that you are not even good in any way."

"Shifa it's her personal life let her decide what she wants, don't poke your nose in her matters."

"Stop it you both!" Before the argument could heat up, Afifa come in between and both of them looked at her like asking for her answer. "What? Stop gazing at me like this..."

"Will you tell me what do you want?" Shariq inquired but Afifa's silence was enough to create confusion. "I'm going back home." She announced while grabbing her Mobile and bag; resulting Shifa got a glare from Shariq and he left the room.

"Affo... I'm disappointed in you, don't you get anyone else?" Shifa registered her disappointment making Afifa smiled dryly.

"Remember I told that his best friend doesn't like me... That best friend is you Shifa."

"It means... You also like him?" Asked Shifa in a dead tone but Afifa stepped out from the room instead of replying. Her silence was an answer in itself which hurt Shifa deeply. For Shifa, Shariq was one of the knave, she wanted to save her bestie from him but this situation wasn't so simple.

<><><><>

"Mohtarma ke mizaaj kuch durust maloom nhi hote... Kheriyat to hai?" After all he asked when noticed Shifa upset and continuously tossing on the couch.

(What's wrong you're looking upset?)

"Nothing." Without looking at him she replied but her tone was clearly telling there was something wrong, but what? He doesn't know.

"Unable to sleep?" He asked and Shifa nodded to drop the matter

"Couch must be uncomfortable, come here to bed." With this command he walked to couch but Shifa shook her head silently and covered her face with blanket to avoid Daniyal. "Hua kya hai yaar? Dopeher se dekh rha hu, kuch to baat hai..." Uncovering her face he asked making a few caresses on is forehead. Shifa sat down on the couch

(What happened Shifa? I'm noticing you since afternoon, what's wrong?)

"Denii..." A defeated tone

"Ji?" Pushing away the blanket he vacant some space on the couch and literally throw himself besides Shifa. "Farmaiye kya masla hai?" He let out a sigh

(Tell me what's the matter?)

"Afifa pagal ho gyi hai!" Shifa huffed but Daniyal couldn't help and chuckled.

(Afifa has gone nuts?)

"Kuch khaas khabar to do. Ye to sab ko pta hai,"

(This is what everyone knows, tell me something new.)

"Deni main mazakh nhi kar rahi hu, Affo is in love and do you know who is that idiot?" She pour out all her anger and frustration in a single go but Daniyal wasn't in mood to listen to her seriously. He was happy without any particular reason so he didn't want to be upset like Shifa.

(Deni I'm not joking, I'm serious)

"Aap hi bta do kon hai wo aqal se pedal shaqs jisne Afifa ka intekhaab kra..."

(I won't know, but you tell me)

"Shariq" Shifa burst the bubble to give another level shock to Daniyal, his smile lost somewhere. "Shifa, Are you sure?"

"Of course! Do you think it's a matter of prank?"

"Strange..."

"And you know what Deni, that Shariq was confessing his love so sweetly... He was saying to send Musa Uncle to Afifa's home for their match... Can you imagine how shameless he is!" Shifa pour out her anger but Daniyal was trying to conclude something, for next few moments he was sitting silently lifting his head on his palms.

"Do Shariq really want to marry her or is he only willing to date her?"

"He wants to marry her... Deni can you imagine he is faking love for my best friend?" Shifa again withdraw her anger in a result his already arched brows arched a bit more. "And how do you know he's faking his feelings?" His question was valid but this time Shifa didn't has an answer, even after trying to gather some suitable words to reply she was unable to prove her statement. "I.. Am.. I.. Umm... I just know. Shariq can't love anyone, Deni." After all she replied and Daniyal sighed. "People who fake love never turn their relationship into marriage." He muttered but enough clearly that Shfa understood then glanced at Shifa's mobile which was placed at her left side, gesturing towards it he held his hand in front of her but Shifa didn't notice his gesture, all what she noticed was his hand. Peeking in the oceans of his eyes she forgot her anger and grin softly while slipping her fingers on his palm. For a moment he was confused about her act but soon his lips also engaged with a smile when she held his hand properly.

"Ya Allah kesi ahmak biwi di hai mujhe aapne." Daniyal complaint about her silliness but held her hand with intervened fingers, he did not know what his simple act  had done with her heart.

(Oh God, you've grant me such an idiot wife)

"I was asking for mobile." Looking towards their hands he told her, Shifa found it a bit embarrassing she tried to pulled her hand back but it seems this time he wasn't ready to leave that soft hand. 

"Call Afifa and ask her what she wants?" Daniyal suggested making her realise that just a few seconds ago their main topic of discussion was Afifa. "I already am aware of her answer. She also likes Shariq but that's my point Deni, how can she like him?"

"Shifaaa... Relax and listen." Patting her hand which was still in his other hand he tried to assure her that everything is under control but no, she wasn't ready to believe until he started explaining.

"If Shariq is not good for you it doesn't mean he will be bad for every other person also! He's a good son, a good brother...maybe he'll prove himself as a good husband also... If they both are in love you should not create problems for them, why are you becoming villain? You should respect your friend that she's sacrificing her happiness just because of you."

"Deni, I'm afraid... How Rani Phuppo will behave with Affo? She's such a venomous lady!"

"Shifa it's not your life,"

"But it's my best friend's life."

"Never force your decisions on anybody! Represent your suggestions, opinions and conclusion but left the decision on that person whose life is this! That's it." Daniyal's explanation had something which melted Shifa's heart. "So what should I do, Deni?" Without wasting time she inquired

"Call her, tell her all your doubts regarding Shariq and his mother's behaviour and let her decide what she wants to do with her life." Without letting her hand go from his grasp he declared his opinion, and as he said, he wasn't forcing his decision on Shifa but giving her choice if she wanted to do so or not, however, there was something in his voice which urged her to accept his suggestion. But...

"I'm afraid Deni, what if Affo get agree?" Making a fake cry face she asked but Daniyal smiled. "Then you should do shopping for your friend's wedding or engagement, but let me tell you in advance I'll not accompany you in that work..." While saying the last part he was announcing his decision with determination which made Shifa smile yet some doubts were present in her heart.

"Enough of your overthining! Stay happy in your friend's happiness. By the way, I've noticed feelings in Shariq's eyes for Afifa, at that time it was difficult to conclude but now I understand what was that!"

Shifa dialed Afifa's number, put the mobile on speaker to let Deni know what they both would talk, and soon Afifa received the call but her voice was not as happy as usual. "Affo are you crying?"

"No... I'm not... But I've severe headache."

"What happened? Are you alright? Have you taken your medicines?"

"I'm fine, Leave my topic and tell me what are you doing? And what my jiju is doing?" Afifa asked with a fake happiness but Shifa understood.

"Your jiju is trying to convince me." she looked at Deni and who smiled.

"Regarding what?" Afifa asked.

"Affo, do you really like Shariq?" Asked Shifa in a hushed tone but get no reply. "Don't forget we're best friends. We have shared our every secrets with each other."

"Shifa, I never liked him in past but his sudden change in his behaviour and his care for me... I don't know if I like him or not, but..."

"But what?" Asked Shifa in a hushed tone.

"I want to give him a chance." Mumbled Afifa

"Even after knowing how Rani Phuppo is? And what about Shariq, he's such a Jangli pagal insaan" said Shifa with frustration.

"Not for me! He's kind and soft with me. And if it comes to Rani Phuppo, yeah... She's a matter of concern... Us aurat ke top floor mein kuch to problem hai," Afifa told the reality of Shariq but saying the last part she pulled a weird face and Shifa could imagine clenching her nose. 

(There is some problem in the upper most part of that lady)

"Think about it and all the other circumstances before accepting his proposal..." Shifa muttered and there was a silence for next two minutes then a whisper came from other side.

"Shifaaa..."

"Hmm... Say."

"Tu to naraz nhi hai na? Yaar hamari dosti mere liye sabse important hai." Afifa asked in a dead one which makes Shifa realise how badly this girl was dangling in between her feelings. On one hand she did not want to upset Shifa on the other hand, Shariq was making place in her heart.

(You're not angry with me. Right? Side our friendship is most important for me.)

"Nhi main naraz nhi hu, teri khushi mere liye sabse important hai." Shifa smiled looking at Daniyal because only he was behind changing her mind. Unknowingly he, one more time, gain another point of respect in her eyes.

(No I'm not upset, your happiness matters most)

"Sach bol rahi hai na?" Asked Afifa just to confirm but this time her tone was telling that she was already happy

(Really?)

"Yes, really. Because I love you so much Affo." Shifa said genuinely but she was Afifa... And mobile was on speaker mode

"Eww... Girl, I don't need your love, shower this on your hubby," Shifa suddenly looked at Daniyal, he was kind of surprised "Shut up Affo... And bye."

"Hey wait..." Before shifa could disconnect the call a voice stopped her "yea?"

"Have you said I love you to jiju or not?" Shifa's breath was hitched, Daniyal was shocked. "Bye." and she immediately cut the call.

"Umm... I... I don't know what she was saying." Shifa bite her lower lip without looking at him but he couldn't help and smile at her nervousness. "Really?"

"Ji Deni... Afifa to pagal hai aap kyu uski baat ko serious le rahe hain... Ignore it." She stammered while showing her fake laugh but Daniyal knew it was her nervousness nothing else. To save herself from this awkward situation Shifa stood up but before she could go ahead she realised that her hand was still in her husband's grip.

(Yeah Deni, ignore Afifa... You know na, she is an idiot)

"Deni..." Looking at their hands she muttered, "umm.. I.. Chai piyenge aap?" After stammering a few times she asked suddenly, it was the best way to go away from the room but her husband read her mind one more time.

(Wanna have tea?)

"Nhi, aap beth jao yaha" pulling her by hand he made her sat besides himself and shifted a bit closer to her, still there was enough space between the two

(Nope, you just sit here)

"Affo is an idiot" she muttered

"Well I'm not sure about Afifa, but her best friend is definitely one."

"Deniiii... Aap bohot bure hain" she fake anger and he chuckled.

(Deniii you're bad )

"Khair ye to mujhe pehle hi pta hai. Kuch naya nhi hai batane ke liye?" She fake cried on her own leg pulling by her handsome husband who wasn't in mood to let this fun go away from hands. He raised his brow to tease her but now she understood his intention. Though she wanted to say something but unfortunately couldn't! They both were watching each other with an unmatched smile, Shifa was falling in love with her Deni and he was discovering another world in these brown orbs.

(Well, I already know this, don't you have a new information?)

"Thanks Deni." After all she whispered with an ocean of feelings in his eyes and the prominent was respect.

"For what?" He asked

"For making me realise that I'm not understanding Affo." and after that there was a silence in between them. For next two minutes they were trying to talk but there was no particular topic of discussion.

"Deni."

"Ji?" Just a whisper

"I'm lucky to have you in my life." Whispered Shifa with countless emotions in her eyes, shine of tears announced her truthfulness which wasn't hidden from Daniyal. "Kitna roti ho yaar? Bewaquf aurat," slowly hitting her forehead with his fingertips he teased her one more time but he was unaware that his each and every act played with Shifa's heart. She wanted to creep closer to him and place her head on his chest but somewhere she knew she didn't had that much guts.

(Why do you cry too much? Idiot!)

"I'm not an idiot!" She pouted and he nodded. "Yea you're."

"Deniiii... I'm not..."

"Shifaaa... Yes you're."

"Main bewaquf nhi hu Deni, aap kuch zyada hi intelligent hain."

(I'm not an idiot Deni, but you're over smart)

"Chalo aap kehti ho to maan hi leta hu, hu main samajhdaar." Shifa blinked at his mischievous behaviour, otherwise he wasn't ready to accept what She was saying but when she praised , he agreed in a single attempt. She couldn't helped but laughted.

(Okay, if you're saying I admit that I'm smart)

"It's already too late, get some sleep." He ordered but didn't leave her hand. Seems they didn't want to take off their hands from other's.

"Aap so jaiye." She whispered.

(You go to bed)

"Aur aap?" Shifa kept watching him with a shy grin and slowly remove her hand from his grip.

(And you?)

"I've some work, I'll sleep after ten minutes." Saying that she crept backward giving indication that Daniyal should vacant couch for her and he understood.

"Shab bakhair bewaquf aurat." Pulling her cheeks he stood up making Shifa groaned.

(Good night idiot woman)

"Deniiiiii... Aap bohot bure hain, main aapki shikayat Ammi se karungi." She looked away with anger but Daniyal just loved her act, he again sat down besides her and crossed his arms on his chest.

(You're so bad. I'll tell ammi about your behaviour.)

"Are you threatening me?"

"Yes I'm." Another level of arrogance glint on her face but he smirked. "Go ahead. Bewafuq aurat."

"Deniiiiii...." Picking up the cushion from couch she started hitting him abruptly. She was trying to show her anger but those soft hits were making Daniyal laugh loudly. Enough loud that the old couple could able to hear their laughter.    

"Jaa rhi hu main" throwing cushion on the bed she stood up with anger,

(I'm going.)

"Where? To your papa's place?"

"Ji.'' She glared at him with fake anger. Daniyal knew she won't go anywhere so he shrugged and nodded his head.

"Khud chali jaogi ya main drop kr du?" Pressing his lips together to suppress his smile he asked, Shifa glared at him, huffed while picking up her bag from study table and left the bedroom.

(Will you manage alone or may I drop you.)

He stretched his body before throwing himself on the bed "Idiot woman" mumbling that he close his eyes to sleep. He wasn't a single bit tensed about Shifa to leave home because he himself locked the main door of home and keys were present under his pillow only, moreover Shifa left the room when she was bare foot, and wearing a night suit, she could not go anywhere in that outfit for sure.

On the other hand Shifa looked here and there, then sat down on the couch of living room. She waited for next ten minutes but Daniyal didn't come out of the room to bring her around. She went back to the room but found Daniyal sleeping. Huffing with fake anger she sat down on the couch and glared at him.

"Kya hua gyi nhi ab tak? Wese jaane se pehle chappal zarur pehen lena. Aur haann, waha pohoch kr mujhe call kar dena." Without opening his eyes he passed a comment but unable to control his smile.

(What happened you haven't left yet? Well, wear footwear before leaving. And yeah one more thing... Call me when you reach there.)

"Deni, Bohot hi bure hain aap." She thrown a pillow which forced him to open his eyes. "Thank you, I already needed this but didn't want to step out of the bed." Hugging that pillow he mumbled lazily making Shifa huffed. She throw more cushions and pillows on him. Daniyal only chuckled and let Shifa do what she wanted.

(Deni, Youre so annoying!)

"You know what Shifa I can write a book on us. Wanna know title?"

"No''

"Your wish, my command." Shifa throw some tantrums as she wanted him to roam around her but Daniyal was Daniyal, the smart man, he knew how to tease his wife. He silently grab all the pillows, pushed them under his head and arms.

"Badtameez." She muttered and sat down on the couch while drawing the diary from her bag.

(Annoying Man)

Dear Diary,

Sometimes this man is annoying but I don't feel bad when he tease or annoy me, even I enjoy my own leg pulling by him, but I want him to bring around me which he never does. Yet, there is something in him that make me fall for him everyday. Today when I threatened him to leave the home I felt a fear too. Now it's difficult for me to live away from this man. Mumma calls me everyday and ask me to come and stay with her for few days but I don't feel like going back to that home where I've spent 25 years of my life. I don't know how this man has become my home? I feel safe and secure in his presence. I don't feel like having dinner until he come back home, my eyes want to see him everytime and my heart want to cherish his presence around me. That's it. This man brings me into the world of dreams with open eyes.

Apna aadi na bana mujhe ke tere bina rehna mushkil ho jaye...
Jo banaye to aesa bana ki khud bhi tu mujhme hi bas jaye

(Don't make me your addicted, it will be difficult to live without you...
And if you're doing so, please lost yourself in me too...)

Another weird thing about me, I've started writing poetry after living with him. I know it's clumsy but I don't have control over my emotions which automatically weaves into words.

_Shifa Daniyal Kazmi.

And she closed her diary to find out her husband already gazing at her.

"Kya hua mohtarma, jaa nhi rhi aap?"

(What's the matter My lady, aren't you going?)

Shifa placed the diary and bag on its place and sat down beside Daniyal on the bed, he honestly wasn't expecting anything like that. She pulled the blanket on him to cover him properly and shook her head. "Nhi main nhi jaa rhi." She grinned and Daniyal change his side to face towards her properly.

(No, I'm not going)

"And why so?” he questioned in sleepy voice, Shifa bowed her eyes down and smile.

"Deni, ab jaha aap honge wohi mera ghar hai, aur main apne ghar ko chhod ke kahi nhi jaungi."

(Deni, now my home is there where you're, and I won't leave my home.)

Daniyal was surprised to listen it, he didn't know when his hand lifted up in the air and cupped her face gently. "Yes, it's your home."

"Ab so jao 2 baj rhe hain."

(Now sleep, it's already 2)

"Good Night." And she slowly stepped backward making Daniyal realise that his hand was on her cheek.

"Good night" he whispered with a smile which brought a smile to her lips too "Bewaquf aurat" but the addition in his greeting forced her to huff.

"I'll go tomorrow."

"Pakka na?" He grinned

(Sure?)

"Ji" and she laid down on the couch making sure not to see him. He was laughing but silently.

(Yes)

<><><><>

How is this?

I hope you people like it.

You know what, after 2 hours I have to an exam but I'm doing this, 🙂 vote to banta hai na.

_Naaz Jamal

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 1.2K 25
What's life, nothing but a void canvas which we have to fill with numerous hues. And once in a while we come across people who will taint the void ca...
27.2K 2.3K 38
[BLURB] "Well, now I'm back and I'm gonna drag you to court, you piece of shite," she said before passing a humorless chortle. "Do that and you're do...
78.9K 4.9K 48
š’šššŸš¢šš š˜šØš®š¬š®šŸ was a simple girl with simple dreams living in a village , but after she shifts Delhi for her studies and to find 2 certain p...
192K 17.2K 53
(Featured by wattpad) She was lost in her own thoughts.She felt like there was no one who could heal her wound. Her tears were falling from her eyes...