Forbidden Desire

By Just_writing_a_bit

"Whose name will you moan tonight?" She repeats the question and I let out a breath at her words. "Yours, onl... More

Chapter 1: A new class
Chapter 2: Soccer practice
Chapter 3: First tension
Chapter 4: Thunderstorm
Chapter 5: Rainy nights
Chapter 6: Car ride
Chapter 7: The game is on
Chapter 9: Night out
Chapter 10: Bar
Chapter 11: Foretaste
Chapter 12: The talk
Chapter 13: Saturday
Chapter 14: First touches
Chapter 15: Intimacy
Chapter 16: Good morning!
Chapter 17: Telling her
Chapter 18: Her hands on my body
Chapter 19: Afternoon
Chapter 20: Party
Chapter 21: Smart mouth
Chapter 22: Over the desk
Chapter 23: She knows?
Chapter 24: Ice cream bathtub
Chapter 25: Sick
Chapter 26: Taking care
Chapter 27: Back in class
Chapter 28: First date
Chapter 29: After date shenanigans
Chapter 30: At the club
Chapter 31: Such a tease!
Chapter 32: Teasing is for bad girls
Chapter 33: Wanda
Chapter 34: The game
Chapter 35: You'll have to keep it in your pants
Chapter 36: Dinner
Chapter 37: Arts and Crafts
Chapter 38: Taking it so well
Chapter 39: Principal's office
Chapter 40: Bad news

Chapter 8: Doubt

4.7K 132 9
By Just_writing_a_bit

Pov y/n

I spend the weekend with Yelena and Kate.
On Saturday, we go to a nearby mall and then a sports store because Kate wants to buy a new bow. She got into archery last year and is honestly pretty good at it.

Yelena and I goof around the store, trying out the kids bow that you shoot at a plastic sign and they stick to it.
We laugh when I miserably fail at that. Yelena does hit the sign but very close to the edge and Kate just watches us with a grin before showing off and hitting the middle.

We split up, so she can look for a bow without us distracting her while Yelena and I go to the soccer corner and kick around a ball, pretending to consider buying it. We don't though because we have a perfectly good ball in our apartment but it's just fun to kick it around right now.
After that we decide to get ice cream and walk through a park, enjoying the sun.

The Sunday is calm, we go out a little to kick around our ball before having a movie marathon with snacks. Since Kate is with us, I can't tell Yelena about what happened on Friday but I'll find the moment to tell her.

On Monday, I am very excited to go to class, not sure what to expect.
Do we continue our game or is it over for now?

With a smile on my face, I enter the classroom and shortly after me, Jess walks in and we have a short chat about our weekends before she goes to her friends.
I sit at my desk, my leg bouncing a little bit in excitement and I look over my notes from the last lesson.

When the door opens again, my attention snaps to the person walking in and I smile at Natasha walking in. Miss Romanoff, I mean.

Ever since she told me her name, it's been on my mind and as weird as it sounds but I want to have a moment alone with her again, to be able to call her that.

Something is different though when she walks in. Her eyes are focused ahead and she walks straight up to her desk. Behind me I hear some whispering from some dudes that visit our class today because their friend is in this class or so, I don't know.
She puts her things down and grabs the papers I carried to her office on Friday. Just thinking about what happened there, makes me press my thighs a little together.

"Good morning, everyone. I brought you your assignments back." She announces, her voice sounding a little more distant than last week, which makes me frown a little.

Did something happen over the weekend?
I hope she's okay.
I watch as she gives the sheets to the people in the front row, to hand them through the class before going back to her desk and opening her laptop, connecting it to the projector.

A document loads that shows all of our results summarized.
I take my paper back and look at it for a few seconds before looking back at her. Not once did she look at me since she entered the classroom and it makes me feel a little uneasy.
Her behavior is more reserved than usual and somehow, her outfit also shows that something is different.

She wears a simple pair of jeans, together with a black t-shirt and black sneakers.
I only saw her twice in sneakers. Once in her office during that thunderstorm last Thursday and the other time during another class but it still seems kinda wrong, she almost always wears high heels and paired with her changed behavior, it makes me think something is not right.

I look at her, hoping she'll look at me too but she keeps her eyes either on the presentation or the other students. During the lecture, I get the feeling she is purposefully avoiding me.
Even when she calls me to answer something, she never directly looks at me.

My heart clenches a little together at her behavior and I don't have any idea why she's acting this way.
While we work on an assignment, I hope she'll finally look at me but she doesn't, she scribbles something down, an almost stern expression on her face. The boys behind me whisper again, just loud enough for me to hear it.

"I bet she had bad sex." One whispers and I feel my body tensing up a little.

"Dude, I bet she didn't have sex for too long." The other whispers back and I have to resist to not turn around and tell them to shut up.

Those idiots have no clue what they're talking about.
But I can't help it but wonder for a second if any of those reasons might be valid.
The bad sex part makes my stomach tighten a little, which is kinda dumb because we only kissed so far and didn't put any kind of label on it. But it would still make me jealous if she was having sex with someone else, if I'm being honest.

For the second one, I can't say anything about that, except that it's still weird that her mood changed within three days because you don't get annoyed by it so fast, I suppose at least.

Something tells me though, that it might be because of me.
Well, not directly me but in some way because she avoids me with so much will power, that it is more than possible, that it's connected.
I just wish to know what I did wrong. The last time I saw her, she almost fucked me against a wall and now she is distant?
That doesn't make any sense.

My heart hurts a little at those thoughts because I kinda had the feeling that we were getting along pretty good and I even thought that maybe, there could be something between us. Seeing her like this honestly hurts more than I want to admit.

I still try to concentrate during the rest of the lecture, pushing the hurtful thoughts and feelings away.
When it's over, I take my time packing my things, waiting until everyone else leaves the room. Miss Romanoff waits at the door for me, which is unusual since she always takes her time and is the last one to leave the room.

"Can we talk, Miss Romanoff?" I add, aware that calling her by her first name would be way too risky right now.
And for the first time today, she looks at me. My heart instantly clenches at the almost cold look in her eyes.

"Please hurry up, Miss y/l/n, I need to go to my office." She says, looking towards the hallway again.

"Maybe I could come with you and we could talk there?" I try and for a second I can tell she hesitates, before she shakes her head.

"There is nothing for us to discuss." She says monotone and her words feel like needles in my heart.

I look at her for a few more seconds before getting up and leaving the classroom, pressing my lips together. Her behavior makes no sense but she also doesn't seem to be ready to talk about it.
So, all I can do is walk to my next class. It goes by in a blur, my mind racing with thoughts what could have caused her behavior, if I did something wrong. But I come to no conclusion.

I think about talking to Yelena about this but right now I'm not sure how to describe it:
My professor kissed me and then almost fucked me in her office but now she acts all cold?

Maybe but it sounds a little weird, well okay, it is but still.
I will just wait and see what happens Wednesday, maybe she really just has a bad day and isn't in the mood to talk, everyone has those kinds of days.
With that on my mind, I relax just a little bit, telling myself it's not that bad.

For the rest of the day, it is still nagging on me though but I try to distract myself with training, giving everything and pushing myself towards exhaustion and even after training is over, I ask Yelena to stay on the field with me to train some more, saying I have a lot of energy stored today.
She agrees and one or two girls from the team join us as well and we pretty much run around the field, kicking balls until it's almost dark and Yelena and I walk home.

She tells me about how her professor had problems with the projector today and that his computer wouldn't connect to it. The irony being, that he teaches computer science.
Apparently, three guys tried to help him but couldn't solve it as well, so Yelena went down there as well and looked at the problem.
She found it very quickly and solved it, the three guys looking dumbly at her, which made her grin widely.

She got a little applause from the rest of the class and I can't help but to pad her back and tell her she did great.
She's really smart and loves to put arrogant people into their place, especially men.
She always does that without seeming arrogant herself, which is very impressive.

After we arrive home, we take showers and while she showers, I continue the meal she started preparing. We eat and quickly do some homework each, before deciding on a show to watch. I cuddle into her while watching and she wraps her arms around me, mindlessly brushing her fingers up and down my arm.

On Tuesday, I feel a little better again, having convinced myself, that it was just a mood of Miss Romanoff's, which made her this distant.
After my lectures, I catch up on homework and do some extra studying. Not wanting to fall behind again.

On Wednesday, I am a little excited again, not as much as on Monday but still a little.
But to my disappointment, she is still distant and doesn't look at me. It hurts me and this time, I can't put it off. Because, even though you can be in a bad mood for multiple days, this doesn't seem like it's just a random mood, this seems to be personal.

While being hurt, I also start to feel a little annoyed myself but keep it together and pretend as if it doesn't affect me. Which other choice do I have?

I can't exactly get up in class and tell her to talk to me about it and going to her office also seems wrong. She made it pretty clear, she doesn't want to talk to me and right now, I don't see why I should put all my energy into begging her to talk to me, it's not that big of a crush.

Well, the last part may be a lie because the night from Thursday to Friday, I have a weird dream of me being chased through the city by some monster, ending up in the school, barricading the doors and running around, looking for someone to help me.

I crash into Miss Romanoff, who smiles at me and takes my hand, leading me to a room with a bed. The monster is forgotten as soon as her lips touch mine and she pushes me towards the bed, slowly unbuttoning the flannel I'm wearing. My eyes are glued to her body and my hands slowly run over her curves, feeling nothing but desire inside me.

I wake up with a hot sensation between my legs, hating the effect she has on me, even in my dreams.

During the lecture, her behavior doesn't change and even becomes more distant, if that's even possible.
My anger grows, really annoyed by her not talking to me at all and pretending as if I wasn't there or just another student. I don't deserve to be treated this way!

She may have her reasons and I'm not saying she has to treat me how I wish but I at least deserve an explanation for her behavior because she can't deny that this is how she normally treats her students, let alone someone who she kissed just a week ago.

After class, she is very quick in packing her things and I already gave up on hoping she'd talk to me, so I am out of her classroom as one of the first.

I'm almost sad when I come home to an empty apartment, remembering that Yelena is visiting her parents this weekend and took a train after her last lecture around noon.
Guess, I'm spending the weekend alone. Well, not entirely since I have a shift at the bar I work at tonight. 

A/n: Some angst, so it doesn't get boring XD
Any guesses on what will happen?

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 539 7
Enemies. That was what you were. She was an Avenger, you were a criminal. You should hate her, she should hate you. So why do you love the feeling of...
4.9K 237 11
College. A horrendous prospect for any graduating high school student. But it's not so bad when you're going with your best friend... who's going to...
252K 6K 61
You are a 22 year old female attending the University of Washington. You are majoring in international business, which requires you to take a foreign...
54K 2K 38
Y/N is just about to finish her second year of college when something happens that throws her off track completely. Over the summer, she tries to fi...