Accepting the Alpha

By under_your_skin

Do you know what it's like to have your life changed in a blink of an eye? Never would I have ever imagined m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Fixed a chapter
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 part 2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 16

665 30 4
By under_your_skin

Guys I am so sorry. Wow that doesn't even cut.  I moved this summer and started classes early.  And Before that was AP exams and graduation and I just pushed it off, again my greatest apologizes.  I just got used to my classes recently, and college pretty much sucks.  If I had any idea, I wouldv'e failed high school on purpose.  I miss you guys dearly and I missed the characters and everything about why I was even writing to begin with.  Your comments are what truely motivated me to write this chapter. Your support is astonishing and omg I sound like a big sab.  Anyways enjoy it.  Love you guys.  

Recap: I leaned against the side of the house and crossed my arms over my chest just waiting.  When he stopped, he froze for a moment, his body tensing, then his head whipped towards my in speed that might snap a neck in half.  The expression on his face was shock, surprise, and happiness.  

He started to walk towards me.

I smirked at him, and when he was just a foot away I said, "Darling, you fight like a girl."

Chapter 16

He raised an eyebrow, "Oh yeah?"

"Ye-" The word didn't escape my mouth before I was dropped onto the floor with him looming on top of me.

"Now, what were you saying?"

I quirked an eyebrow and spoke in a soft voice, "I was saying, you fight like-" I felt him relax his stance and put all of my strength into getting out of the cage his arms created. The surprise of my movement caused him to lose enough balance for me to able to be the one looming over him instead, "a girl." 

He grinned and looked down at my chest. "I can accept that if this is the view I'll be getting out of it." 

I laughed and moved away, "You're just a perv Kyle."

"What? I was talking about the beautiful view of the sky I could see laying down."

"Yeah, of course that's what you're talking about."

He had a guilty grin, "Baby, you know you caught my attention with your amazing personality and intelligence."

"And you know your sincere honesty is what sealed the deal, or maybe that was just some freak werewolf thing."  His face fell at that, and I instantly realized the weight of the words I had said.  "That's not what I meant Kyle; it was a genuine joke."

He forced a smile back on, but I can tell it was restrained.  His eyes were saying something completely different from what came out of his mouth.  "Yeah, I know.  Jeez." He tried imitating me, "Take a joke."  I gently pushed him off trying to stand up.

"So I ran into Lara before coming here."  I tried to get his mind off of things; maybe then he would stop thinking about it.

"Okay, and what happened?"

"Nothing, just thought I should mention it."

"Yeah, but you wouldn't mention it unless it held some sort of significance."

"Yes I would."

"Well its that and the fact that I can feel a tingling vibe coming off of you."  His finger tips ran over my neck gently, sending shudder through my body.  The bite mark.  He gave me a knowing look; one that said, 'you're act isn't working, and you really suck at lying.'  

"It's just that something really weird happened." I remembered back to how she was like a puppet when I got upset, and a searing jolt of fear ran up my spine.

He tilted his head and narrowed his eyes, "Like what?"  His voice was full of curiosity and compassion.

 I thought back to the way she froze up, and the words slipped out like a first time ice skater on ice. "Like Lara being a puppet when I talked to her.  You should have seen it Kyle; it was so weird, scary even. I just got mad at her and the next thing you know she was frozen, almost like she was glued."

"Why'd you get mad?"

"What?"

"What happened to make you that upset?"

I stared at him in shock. "That's all you pick up from this?"

He was so nonchalant;, it drove me crazy. "Well it's only normal since you have the luna command, but what's not normal is the fact that you would get so worked up to the point where it would kick in full force to make her freeze up."

I didn't feel like sharing the extremely vague and obnoxious commentary with him, so I diverted his attention on questions I asked, "How exactly does it work, the luna command? Especially with a human?"  I already knew half of the answers to these questions from Lara, but what he didn't know wouldn't kill him.

He got up pulling me along with him and started guiding me inside.  I saw that I was visibly shaking from the cold, and I guess he did too. "The alpha's mate has the luna command.  It doesn't matter whether it's a human or werewolf, it just not common for an alpha to mate with a human.  And I know you more than you think I do."

"What?"

"You think I don't notice when you change the subject like that? It might work with everyone but it doesn't work with me Scarlett."

I arched an eyebrow at him, "Then why don't you ever say anything about it?"

"Because I can see that you don't want to talk about it, or that it makes you uncomfortable, but it's always so obvious."

"It does work, you know.  It's not obvious, not always." He tilted his head and narrowed his eyes in a that made me want to slap him and kiss him at the same time.  Oh my God! I'm crazy and bipolar. "Can I have something warm to drink?"

"You see? You're doing it again, stop it."

"What? I just really want something warm to drink; I'm cold." My voice sounded so innocent but I really wasn't doing it on purpose.

"God, you do it so often you don't even realize it anymore. That's a serious problem baby. We're gonna have to work on that."  He shrugged it off in a cute way because he probably saw the red I felt creep on my cheeks.  "What do you want to drink?"

"It doesn't matter, as long as it's warm."

"Okay." He put some water to heat up. "I'm going to shower while it heats up, you can do whatever, I'm not going too take long, I promise."

"Okay," I said unsure, it was such a foreign gesture to me.  I've never been left alone in anyone's house except my own.

"Don't worry, my mom left when we were outside."  He said it quickly and in a reassuring tone, he confused my uncertainty for dislike for his mom.

"No, that's not a big deal, I like your mom, your whole family actually." Way less drama than mine that's for sure.  And no secrets.

"So you're okay with this?"  He asked in a concerned tone.

"Kyle, it's okay.  Go shower, you stink."  

He grinned and made his way to the bathroom.  I went straight to the couch, the big, Burgundy, comfy couch.  I looked around and was astonished as the first time I had a tour of the house.  Seriously, how much income do you get for being a werewolf.  I reached for the remote. 

I was mindlessly skipping through channels when the idea came to me.  I walked over to the bathroom door with a chair in my hand.  I pushed the chair against the door knob, and right away the water shut off.

"Sweetheart, what are you doing?" I held in a giggle. "Scarlett, I hear you breathing right outside the door. So you either tell me what you're up to, or I will come out without any clothes on." Crap, I forgot that he can hear me.  And, oh my God, what a perv?

"I'm not doing anything, I was just taking a look around the house."

"I know you're lying, I can hear it in your voice, and not to mention your heart is beating like crazy." Damn your wolf senses Kyle! "Last chance or I'm coming out. What are you up to?"

"Nothing." I said as I walked away, and right away I heard the knob twist. 

"Really, Scarlett? You think putting something in front of the door will stop me?"

"Well it's working isn't it? You know Kyle, maybe you're not as big or bad as you thin---" He broke door off.  My mouth fell open at both the damage and his complete nudity.  "Oh my God, you have no shame."  I started walking away because wow he looked great.

"You're the one who locked me in, and I have no shame?"  His voice held a surprised and astonished tone.

I turned around to answer his question to see that he was still standing there naked. "Jeez Kyle, can you put something on already."  My voice came out too high pitched, and I blushed because I knew then that he can hear how hard my heart was pounding. 

He looked at me for a second in a way that made sure he knew what was going on in my head. "Okay fine."

"Thanks." It came out so sarcastic, he gave me a pointed look and stood there for a second longer.

"Oh, and by the way, I'm making you some hot chocolate; the kettle has been screeching for a long time."

"It's okay, I don't really feel like drinking anything anymore." My voice still came out in that same high pitched tone.

Holy moly, my heartbeat was not slowing down. Seriously Kyle? What was his problem? Okay, he was obviously flawlessly, no problems whatsoever, but really?  I heard the front door open and turned around to see Chris and Anna walking in, and immediately their heads turned to me with concerned looks on their faces.

"Scarlett honey, are you okay?" It was Anna who spoke first.

"Yeah I'm fine."  It was a little breathless, but otherwise sounded normal.

"Your heart rate is way above normal, are you sure, nothing is wrong, I'm a doctor you know, I can check to make sure."  Chris sounded even more concerned than Anna. 

"No really, I'm fine."

"Yeah, dad, she's completely fine."  I turned around to see Kyle fully dressed. Thank God! 

I turned back to face them, and they had an understanding look on their face."Kyle, you have to take care of you girl, you don't see me putting your mom through that, right Anna?"

She giggled, "No, I'd bite your neck off if you did."  

Wait, were they really talking about this in front me and Kyle?  Even worse, did he imply that me and Kyle do the same?  Talk about complete honesty. Honesty I'd not hear, especially coming from my, boyfriend? Is that what I should call him? Anyway, especially not coming from his parents.

"Uh, I'm gonna go, I don't want my parents to get worried with how late it's gotten."  As soon as I mentioned my parents, everyone got tense. Did I give off the vibe that they were that bad? Because they really weren't.  I mean yeah, they're unbearable at times with all their secrets, but they're not bad.

"Okay, be safe Scarlett.  Kyle walk her out."  His dad was sweet, but still tense.

"Yeah, I was going to."

He held my hand leading me out to my car, "Bye honey."

"Bye Anna."  I waited til we were next to my car," So why were they so weird when I mentioned my parents?"

He shrugged, "I don't know.  It wasn't weird. Stop looking too much into things."

"I'm not, but it really--" He cut me off with one of his amazing kisses. I pulled away, "Stop cutting me off when I'm trying to speak."  He was going to say something so I kissed him instead. 

This time, he pulled away, "Stop doing it to me now."  I grinned and bit my lip to try to stop myself from getting too cheesy. "You look so cute when you do that."

"Bye Kyle,"  I said while getting into my car.

He grinned back at me, "Bye sweetheart."

I couldn't help but have the biggest and cheesiest smile on my face as I went home.  I looked in the mirror when I got to a stop light and my face had a radiant glow. Gosh, I was turning into such a love struck girl.  I made it home just in time to sleep, I was so tired, how could this day be so long?

I made my way through the front door, and saw Uncle Liam, my mom, and dad sitting in the living room.  The TV was on, but they weren't watching, they were just sitting there engrossed in their conversation.

"Hey guys."

"Hey Scarlett." They all said at the same, but my mom continued to say, "How are you sweetie?" 

"I'm great just a little tired, I'm going to bed."

"Okay.  By the way where were you? It's really late out."  Really dad? Now your interested?

"I was at a friend's house."  I tried to say as neutral as possible.

"Oh okay, good. Who's your friend?"  He face was full of simple curiosity, but his voice had a hidden expectation to it.

"Uh, Kyle.  From school." Oh God, why'd you have to ask?

"Kyle?" Now both his voice and face were as blank as possible.

"Yeah."

"Why don't you invite him over, I'd love to meet your friend."

Dad, I don't invite people over on purpose.  "I don't know, I'll tell him, but I'm not sure."

"Well why not?"  I looked to my mom for some moral support, but her face was as blank as his.  I tried my luck with Uncle Liam, nada.  He raised his eyebrows and shrugged in a way that said 'hey I can't help you there.' What the hell?  Was he really putting me on the spot like that?

Sorry it's not the best. But regardless thank you guys for finding the time to read with my  retarded uploading schedule.  Don't forget to vote and fan.  Comment any tips and/or points that I may or may not have missed and let me know how your new school year has been like, and your summer. DId anything interesting?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 90 15
They say that your drunk thoughts are what your sober consciousness wants. Does that mean I want you? I can't get you out of my mind. All I see is...
9.4M 65.8K 12
THIS IS ONLY A SAMPLE. Full story has been published on Amazon Kindle. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09K53J4PQ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bitter+kisse...
18.7K 660 24
Lily looked up from the coffee she was drinking to see an intense gaze from the other corner. While it gave her a flutter in her stomach, she flashed...
2K 37 19
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETE! Book 1 in the Unwanted series ~SYNOPSIS ~ His blue eyes the most electrifying yet cold blue i have seen .Black curly hair my...