Haitani's little sister

By justfangirl08

(Y/n) is youngest of 3 siblings and her older brothers are no one else than infamous Haitani brothers of Ropp... More

Before we start
1
2
3
4
5
Hair problems
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Bloody Halloween
18
Princess
19
incorrect quotes
20
21
22
23
Merry Christmas
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Happy birthday Ran!
31
32
Emma
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
I'm sad so I'm writing
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48

Happy Halloween

1.4K 71 9
By justfangirl08

... did I just wrote an au inside of my au? ... yes, I did. 
Ok yeah I was kinda low on ideas of what to do with chapter 37 and just randomly had this idea and since is Halloween I was like why not and wrote it. It absolutely doesn't relate to the story and is mainly focused on (y/n) instead of other characters but I hope you'll like it.
Frankly I have no idea what I was doing here and it's a bit different from how I usually write so I hope it'll be fine.

Happy Halloween everyone  🎃🦇💀

People disappeared in that forest. They always did, they always will. Everyone in the village knew that. It was basic knowledge. Natural law. Water is wet, sky is blue, people go missing in that forest.

There's evil hidden in those woods, or so they say, (y/n) never really cared. She never went to woods but unlike others she wasn't afraid of them. Maybe she should be. After all it was this very forest that took her brothers. At least that is what they all said.

But she never saw it like that. Maybe her oldest brother, just maybe. But it weren't the trees that took her other brother away. It were people. People who turned on him, called him monster and murderer, chased them into the woods. Woods that never returned them. More than once she considered going there. Searching for them. Or disappearing. It didn't matter that much. There was nothing for her in this godforsaken town. There wasn't, ever since her brothers disappeared.

When her oldest brother disappeared few years ago it was bad. No one knows what actually happened that night. Some said that they saw him walk into the forest, whenever it was true or not they never found out. (y/n) remembered that night clearly, that night she heard singing. Sweet, lovely voice calling to her. Asking her to follow it, to come to it. She didn't listen. Oh but she wanted to. When the sun rose voice went silent, and her brother was gone.

They looked for Ran for days, weeks and then months but they never found him, only trace was a torn sheet of fabric near the forest. Even now after years she still looked for him in the strangers on the street. But she had Rindo, somehow they managed together. Things weren't okay but life went on and at least they had each other. That was until that night over a year ago.

That night (y/n) heard the sweet voice again. That night other villagers broke into their house accusing Rindo of killing the baker's son. She knew Rin didn't do it. But they didn't listen. They were out for blood. And so her brother ran, despite all her effort to stop them there was only so much she could do. She couldn't stop entire village. When her brother ran into the woods she could swear trees moved to make him a way. No one dared to follow him.

And so she lost her second brother. That night she thought she was going to die. That they'll kill her instead of him. But they didn't. Sometimes she wish they did. After Ran was gone they didn't look at her the same. And after Rindo, they didn't look at all. She ended up by the tree line many times. But each time she wanted to step in, it was as if invisible force stopped her not letting her in. So she stopped trying to enter the forest, instead she sat by the edge of it wondering where her brothers were. If they missed her like she missed them.

It was one of these day when she met that girl. (y/n) sat by the trees looking at the sky as she did so often. She had all the work done so there was no better way to spend her time. No one wanted to spend time with her, they didn't even wanted to talk with her. After all she was murder's sister. And even if it weren't for that people found her family strange for a long time, her especially. It wasn't her fault that her eyes reflected light in a way that made them look almost violet. That her silky raven hair remind them of evil spirits from the kids stories. That her canine teeth might've been just a little sharper then normal. That she liked to stay up at night staring at the sky rather then sleeping.

She knew she wasn't like the others in the village, neither were her brothers. But it didn't matter when they were together. Ran and Rindo never once looked at her strangely when they found her dancing in the middle of the night just because she felt like it.

Sun was already setting that day. She should get up but she couldn't find the will to. It wasn't like it mattered. She wasn't scared of the dark or the forest and she knew the way back by heart. She won't get lost when the night falls. So she closed her eyes and decided to stay a little longer. But suddenly warm light of sun was blocked by body and a young voice chimed.

"Hi."

(y/n) didn't hear her come. It was as if one moment there was nothing and the other girl stood there. (y/n) looked up at her. She knew everyone in the village but never seen her before. She wasn't local. She smiled at (y/n), her smile was sweet and innocent.

"I'm Emma."

That sweet melodic voice sounded almost familiar.

Emma was strange. Not in the way (y/n) was. Not in the way that scared people. Quite the opposite. Everyone loved her. Villagers could tore them self to pieces to draw a smile on her lips. They adored her locks of golden hair, praised her pretty brown eyes so light they seemed nearly like melted gold. And what mesmerized them the most was her voice. They called her angel. Never once they doubted where she came from or pondered at her unusual name.

(y/n) seemed to be the only one who found the girl strange. Only one to question where she came from. Only one to notice how her innocent smile took on dangerous edge when no one looked how her eyes seemed to glow from time to time. And strangest of all was that Emma always stick by (y/n).

When (y/n) walked out of house in the morning Emma was already there greeting her. When she needed to go to market Emma always followed only stopping to chat with sellers. Even now when (y/n) sat by the forest Emma was there, sitting in grass few steps away making flower crowns for both of them.

It had already been many months since this strange girl appeared at the edge of forest and (y/n) grew used to her presence. At first she found it annoying. She was used to being alone and Emma's overly joyful personality didn't fit with her. But as time went on she found herself more and more relaxed in her company. Sure all the strange things about Emma didn't go away. In fact (y/n) noticed more and more of them. But no one else did. So she let it be, she wasn't normal either so what.

"(y/n) come here! It's done!"

(y/n) smiled fondly and moved over to younger girl so she could place the crown on top of her head. She even let her braid some flowers into her hair. Whole time Emma chatted in cheerful tone and (y/n) listened with small smile.

Then suddenly Emma went silent. (y/n) looked up, worried by her friend's sudden silence. Emma stared at the trees. There was something distant in her eyes and it send shiver down (y/n)'s spine. They looked as if they were glowing again.

"Em?"

"They're getting impatient."

Smile spread on Emma's lips and unlike usually it carried a hint of something dangerous.

"Em ...?"

Emma blinked a few times and snapped out of whatever she was in. She turned to (y/n) and her smile was innocent once again.

"We should go home, it's getting late."

With this she got up and headed back dragging (y/n) with her, humming a tune (y/n) vaguely remembered. She just couldn't remember where she heard it. Emma was a strange girl.

But (y/n) had a secrets of her own. After waving her goodbye to Emma she didn't head to bed. Instead she found herself in her basement flipping trough old dusty book as many nights before while carefully mixing various herbs she collected by the edge of the forest. Anytime she needed something she would found it just by the edge of the forest even if she could swear there was nothing the day before. Now that he thought about it ... where did Emma got the flowers currently braided in (y/n)'s hair? There were no flowers on that clearing as far as she could remember. Until today.

Before she could think more about it she was interrupted by boiling potion next to her. If that one turned out right it might help with fever that speared trough village. She shouldn't be doing this, she knew. If they ever found out they'd accused her of witchcraft but she couldn't help it. She was fascinated by the way herbs mixed with each other, how every little change of dose could change the effect. So she kept doing it.

And that book was a great help. She found it in library, if that tiny room stuffed with old books deserved such a magnificent name, short after Rindo's disappearence. It was written by a local man long ago. It was as a miracle it haven't been burned since it was about potion breading and herbs. And everyone called that a witchcraft. It was stupid, the potions she made helped but they didn't saw that. So she kept silent about it only used them when necessary.

Putting the potion off fire she returned to book. That book made her feel unease. It wasn't how it suddenly dropped right in front of her just when she needed it. It was the way originally neat writing become more frantic and how the author became more and more obsessed with forest and strange things he swore he saw. There was barely any mention of medicine on last pages she read.

There's something in that forest. I'm sure. They can't see it but it's there. They call me crazy, lunatic but I know I'm right. There's something none of us can understand, it's calling me. If I only could figure out how to use it. Then I could save everyone! The plague is infecting more and more of surrounding villages. I can save us. I can! But I need to find out what is in that forest. Emma is the only one who seems to believe me, at least a little. She thinks we should leave, like most others plan to. But she hears it. She hears it too, the melody. It's calling us.

Emma. (y/n)'s eyes stayed fixated on the name. It was unusual name and unusual girl. Strange coincidence. This book was over 2 centuries old, it can't be her. She brushed it off but the creeping feeling that something wasn't right didn't leave. She flipped to another page. Handwriting changed here.

Izana is acting weird. He keeps talking about that forest. People say he went mad. I don't want to believe them. But ... it scares me. It's like he's obsessed with it! Sure that forest is weird, I think I can hear it calling me. I'm probably going crazy. I think we should leave, this town ... it isn't good. It never was. Izana keeps on trying to make them like him. He thinks that if his potions will work they'll like him.

I winced at that part, it sounded way to familiar.

But they won't. They're idiots. He could find the way to bring dead back to live and they'd still hate him. As if it was his fault that his hair is white. It has come too far. I'm not letting my brother fall any deeper into this pit. I'm going into the forest. I'll show him that there's nothing in there.

Somewhere in the house something fell and (y/n) harshly closed the book wincing in surprise. It was probably nothing but she still decided to check. Book staying abandoned on the table, she could swear she heard someone whisper.

"We're waiting for you."

(y/n) tried not to think much about that book and things written in there and for almost whole day she was successful. She decided to bring it back to library the next day. For now she just strolled by the trees looking for anything to use for her next potion. Daylight was slowly fading and after not too long it was impossible to spot any herbs.

Her eyes wandered to the forest. Between the trees pair of glowing eyes caught her attention. Just by the last trees sat a white fox. It stared at her and she stared back. Even in dark she could see it clearly. 

Her eyes widen in shock as fan of tails spread behind a fox, it's eyes glowing bright blue. She took a step back, away from the creature. She blinked and it disappeared. Not just the tails and strange glow in it's eyes. The fox itself was nowhere to be found as if it never even existed. 

She turned around and for the first time in her life she hurried away from the forest. Behind her she could hear flapping of wings and whispers carried by wind.

"Come to us."

"Come home."

(y/n) tried to block them out. She was probably going crazy.  

Next morning she realized something strange. Emma wasn't there. That was strange. Emma was always there ever since (y/n) first met her. It was strange but she didn't thought much about it. At least she tried to. Instead she strolled down to library. She'll put that book back and look for something else to help her. That was the plan.

But things didn't go according to plan. It was frustrating. There was absolutely nothing readible she haven't read before! Her eyes wandered to book with drawing of the forest on it. It was thin but better taken care of then most of other books. Book that contain all the stories about the forest. There wasn't much of them. Most of the time when someone disappeared no one knew what happen. Some of them might not even gone to woods. 

She flipped trough pages. She knew all these stories, everyone knew them.  They were something to tell kids so they behave. They told about the creatures lurking in the dark. No one was sure if they are true but no one dared to go and see. Story of local man who swear he saw monsters there before disappearing, hunter who went in and never returned, people who turned and walked in as if controlled by someone ... before she knew it she was on a last written page.

It was a list. List of all that went missing over the decades. I immediately picked on the two names at the end of the list. Ran and Rindo. Ran's name was written in neat clear letters like most of the names before. Rindo's was scribbled down barely readible as if they didn't find it worth more effort. They didn't. 

Then she looked trough other names. She wasn't really reading them, only few got her attention.

Mochi
.
.
.
Shion
.
.
.
Muto
Haruchiyo 
.
.
.
Kakucho 
.
.
.
Izana 

And then there on the very top of the list. First known victim. 

Emma

In one sift motion (y/n) closed the book and was met with picture of forest on the cover. But this time when she looked between the trees she could swear there was something that wasn't there before. It looked like something between wolf and human. When she blinked it was staring at her. With gasp she stumbled back. 

After few breaths to steady herself she looked back to book. There was nothing staring at her from the forest, just trees. Was it just her imagination? Whenever it was she kept her gaze off that book. Just in case. Instead she bowed down to pick up the book she brought to return. She dropped it in shock before. 

It was open on last written page. The only one (y/n) haven't read yet. Well it wasn't a long read and she was curious. While picking the book up she noticed a paper slipping from back pages. How did she never noticed it? She put it to side deciding to take a better look at it later. For now she focused on the writing. 

Emma is gone. She must have went into the forest. I told her not to do it! It's been two days but she haven't returned. This is my fault, all my fault if it wasn't for me she wouldn't go there if I wasn't such an idiot. I should have listened to her! We should have leave! I don't know what to do, I have to find her. She's still in the forest. Others thing I'm crazy but I can hear her. She's calling me. It's scaring me. She wants me to join her. She's ... singing. I heard the melody for a long time but now there's singing voice as well. Emma's voice. I want to listen to her, to follow her. But it feels ... wrong. I'll go to the forest and bring her back. No one else will. No one else cares. I'll bring my sister back and we'll leave. Whatever secrets that forest holds aren't worth it. 
I'll find her, I have to.

That was the last thing written. (y/n) stared at the words in thought. Emma and Izana, neither one of them returned. They were the first one's on that list. Chills run down her spine as she reread the text. Izana said he heard singing, voice calling him into the forest. Just like she did. Izana said it was Emma. Emma's voice always sounded familiar and so did that tune she always hummed ...

Lost in thoughts (y/n) looked at the paper that fell from book earlier. It was a drawing of two people. One was a boy maybe a little older then her, it must be Izana she realized. From black and white drawing it was hard to tell but from hints trough book she knew his hair was white and skin tan. From him her eyes fall to the girl and her heart stopped.

It was Emma. Her Emma. But that ... wasn't possible. Emma was with her just yesterday. There was no way this was her. This book was over 2 centuries old. But ... it was the same girl there was no denying it. The same hair, smile everything (y/n) grew so familiar with over these  past few months. Even the way she posed for the picture was so typically her. 

The drawing was fading on few places and the paper was yellowish with age just like on the pages of the book. That picture was truly from 2 centuries ago, date scribbled in the corner confirmed that. 

In an instant (y/n) dropped the book and the paper and rushed out of tiny room. Even when she was out on the street it felt as if she couldn't breath. 

She leaned against a wall for support, trying to make sense of what just happened. It didn't made sense. Emma was there just yesterday, there was no way it was the same girl that disappeared in forest more then 200 years ago. But at the same time something told her that it was true. That Emma from back then and now were the same girl.

She looked around breathing heavily to clam herself. Something was wrong. It was too empty. There was no one on the streets. It was getting late, sun was already setting behind trees but there still should be someone. This was the main street after all. 

Feeling of dread crept in her guts as she made her way home. Something was wrong. Very wrong. It was too still, too silent. Wait, no, it wasn't silent. There was a melody, humming. But there was no one humming around. Even if there were it was too clear to be someone else. If she didn't knew any better she'd swear she's the one humming.

She almost reached her house when voices got to her.

"Witch!"

"Necromancer"

"Demon"

"Sold her soul"

"Just like her brother"

"I always knew it"

"Should've got rid of her"

She already turned the corner when the meanings got to her, it was too late. Light of torches illuminated her and all eyes turned to her. Her breathing hitched at the sight. It was just like then. Just like when they came for Rindo. 

"(y/n) you've been found guilty of witchcraft, pact with demon of the forest to summon demonic creature that took body of girl lost in the forest Emma, ..."

The list of accusations went on but (y/n) felt as if she heard it from under water. It was all drowned out in the roar of blood in her ears and the melody that won't go away seemingly louder than everything else, it felt like she was just watching everything from afar. Part of her wanted to laugh. It was all so ridiculous. She just tried to help them. And what she got in return?

"... for all these sins you are sentenced to death."

Suddenly (y/n) snapped back to her body and without second thought she run. Just barely avoiding arms, pitchforks and torches extended in her way. 

"Catch her!"

"Don't let her get away!"

"Kill the witch!"

She wasn't really sure where she run, the melody and strange buzzing she couldn't made out were drowning out all the thoughts. And yet her legs steadily carried her in one direction. Only when the line of trees came into her vision she realized where she run to. The one place where they won't follow her.

She was out of breath and her legs were giving out. She never run this fast in her life and she had to change directions many times to avoid villagers trying to corner her. And the noise in her head didn't seem to quiet but the closer to forest she got the more understandable the buzz became. They were voices.

You're almost here

Just a bit more

Keep on running

Don't stop

You can make it

We're waiting for you

Just few more steps

Whenever she tripped there was encouraging voice telling her to keep going. So she did. She ignored the way her lungs screamed for air and how her heart pounded in her chest. And then for the first time she crossed the forest's border. She could tell the exact moment it happened. Whenever she reached this place before something stopped her but not now. This time trees and bushes moved to make a space for her. Once she stepped in forest all exhaustion from run faded. 

When she turned around. By the edge of the forest villagers were clearly visible but no one dared to follow her. They were screaming but she payed them no mind. They were just a background noise. Trees closed behind her and without sparing another glance back (y/n) turned followed the song calling her deeper to forest. Roots and vines moved from her way but she barely noticed. She barely noticed all around her, only thing that mattered was getting to where that song called her. So she followed the familiar voice until she stood by a lake.

Slight mist was hanging over it but it parted when (y/n) approached revealing a figure sitting on rock in the water. (y/n) gasped and took a step back. She knew her. Sitting her in the middle of the lake was Emma. 

But there was something wrong. Where Emma's legs should be there was a fish tail. Alarmed by (y/n)'s gasp Emma turned around and (y/n) noticed that her eyes were yellow, they didn't just seemed like that anymore. Now they truly were soft glowing yellow. When blonde smiled, her teeth were way too sharp. 

Now when the sweet voice wasn't calling to her anymore (y/n) turned around and ran again. It didn't made sense. What was Emma doing here? What was she? She ran ignoring Emma calling after her.

"Wait (y/n)!"

She didn't know where she was going. It was all so confusing! And then different voice reached her ears. And at the same time someone grabbed her wrist.

"(y/n)"

She stopped. She knew the voice, no, voices. Slowly she turned around almost scared that she was wrong, that it wasn't them. 

It was them. Her brothers. They were different then before but it were undoubtely them.

"(y/n)?"

"Ran, Rin"

She breathed out hesitantly reaching for them. The moment Ran caught her hand a feeling of calm surrounded her. It was okay, her brothers were there and that was all that mattered. As if everything begin to make sense, she was no longer worried about yellow eyed girl or villagers she left behind. 

"We missed you princess"

"I missed you too"

"But you're here now, you're home (y/n)"

Taking a hand Rindo extended towards her (y/n) smiled with little nod. Then she looked up taking in her brothers new appearance . It were undoubtedly them but few things were different. 

Their nails were more like claws. It didn't scare her, she knew they won't hurt her. Their hair was different, Rindo's got blue strips in it while Ran's became combination of black and blond. Each of them had a horn coming from their forehead, each on different side. Their eyes were almost purple and with way they were smiling she could see a little fangs in their mouths.

Strangely this new look seemed more natural than what they looked like before. She couldn't place it but it was as if this was how they were supposed to look. Sound of hooves approaching makes her turn. 

Approaching from the same dirrection she came form was a horse? Man? Combination of both. From torso up he was a muscular man, from torso down a black horse. Instead of being on his neck his head was carried in his arm. 

Most people would be scared for their life seeing a creature like this approach them. But (y/n) didn't feel scared at all. She knew Mochi meant no harm to her. So she stood in the place only releasing her brothers hands to face him. A part of her wondered how she knew his name. She just knew. She knew everyone here, even without being told. 

Mochi stopped and (y/n)'s attention turned to person on his back. Emma's fish tail was still present, making her unable to walk on her own. She seemed like she wanted to say something but stopped her self eyeing (y/n) warily. 

She said nothing but (y/n) knew exactly what was going on. It wasn't just the way she knew her friend. It was as if she could feel Emma's feelings. Almost as if they were her own but not quite. Emma was blaming herself for scaring here earlier. But there was no need. It was (y/n) who got the wrong reaction. Emma did nothing wrong, (y/n) was just so confused at the time. She smiled a little.

"Hi Em. Sorry for freaking out."

Emma's shoulders visibly relaxed and she returned the smile. Before she could say anything tho (y/n)'s attention was brought back to her brothers.

"(y/n)?"

They said nothing more but she knew what they meant. They should go. Taking her hands again brothers lead their sister deeper into the forest. Without being told (y/n) knew exactly where they're going, to the middle of the forest. Mochi and Emma followed shortly behind them. 

Whole time (y/n) was more then aware of creatures watching them. She watched them for the corner of her eye. Young boy they were passing reached for his face and removed it like a mask. Underneath was widely grinning face of fox. (y/n) didn't react in anyway, she recognized Sanzu as the fox from earlier. As if to confirm her thoughts a fan of tails spread behind him. Chuckling he disappeared into the shadows but she could feel him following them.

They passed a transparent man in funeral clothes floated around. (y/n)'s eyes followed him until they settled on wolf like creature watching her from dark. It's eyes glowed in the shadows and the little light provided by moon reflected on it's razor sharp teeth. (y/n) knew that Mucho and Shion meant no harm so sight of ghost and werewolf didn't disturb her at all. She just smiled when they followed.

They were close. With every step they were closing to the middle of the forest. And then they were there. Trees made space for a little clearing illuminated by violet light provided by strange rock in the middle. (y/n) was drawn to it. Everyone else stopped only three siblings kept going closer.

Before it stood two figures. Taller one noticed them first. He turned round and even in dim light she could see stitches lining his skin. As if ripped apart and sewn back together. Kakucho dipped his head in greeting before stepping aside. 

Now last person's attention was turned to (y/n). Giant crow wings ruffed up when he turned to face her. He reached her hand to her and she took it, letting go of her brothers. He let her to the rock and even with veil covering his face she knew there was a smile on his lips. The stopped before the glowing gem, (y/n) could barely tore her eyes from it. But she did to look at winged boy next to her. Blow of wind ruffled his white hair and lifted his veil revealing his face. Izana smiled as his taloned hand let go of (y/n)'s.

"We were waiting for you. Welcome home."

He nudged her to the stone. It called out to her and she listened, reaching for it. Energy flowed trough her. Everyone left, only one's who remained were her brothers. Forest was talking to her, whispering all it's secrets. She felt like she knew them her whole life. Just like she knew names of everyone here, she knew how they got here, who they were before. She remembered everything. Why did she waited so long to come here? This was where she belonged. Her body began to change, filled with magic of the forest and strange gem in middle of it. 

Her nails extended and sharpened, resembling claws and so did her teeth. Two little fangs that always felt too small for her even when they were longer then normal finally fit  comfortably. Experimentally flapping black wings that sprout on her back she turned to her brothers. Her irises no longer seemed violet. Now they were, rich shade of violet the one you could get lost in. 

Somewhere else new name was written in thin leather book. Just another story to tell kids if they misbehave. She didn't care. Not anymore. For the first time in a long time her smile was honest. This was where she belonged. Her brothers took her hands and she let them lead her into the dark where others waited. After all this time ...

... she was home.

Ok it's not really clear what creature is who so:

(y/n) - nothing specific but I'd say kind of demon
Ran and Rindo - inspired by oni but with more human appearance
Izana - Tengu (minus the whole big nose thing and mask they're known for he has a veil instead)
Emma - siren (what a surprise)
Sanzu - kitsune
Kakucho - kind of frankenstein (I really didn't know what to make him)
Mochi - dullahan centaur (so he's a mix of two)
Mucho - ghost
Shion - werewolf

Like I said before I have no idea what I was doing here but well I hope you enjoyed 😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 248 23
About a year after big brother Ran settles down with his Missus, Rindou gets a rather unexpected call from his parents, telling him that they had fou...
14.9K 1.1K 15
。⋆୨୧˚˚୨୧⋆。˚。⋆୨୧˚˚୨୧⋆。˚。⋆୨୧˚˚୨୧⋆。˚。⋆୨୧˚˚୨୧⋆。 When old flame ignited, many untold secrets of the past were unfolded. The moment they reunited, he...
29K 959 37
After Ran was given an ultimatum by his younger brother to choose between the Tenjiku Gang and his long term girlfriend of 3 years. Ran makes the cho...
62.9K 3.1K 23
➥𝙮𝙤𝙪 were a normal girl living in normal society with a normal life. you're obsessed with anime just like any other girls who's simping for their...