A Place For The Vampire

By Monksanto

Y/n Redgrave (Or Y/n Tepes), a 19-year-old vampire living on the streets until the overwatch operative Reaper... More

Bio
First day
Frist combat
New weapons
Arcade contest
Partner project
A stupid idea
Out of Blood

Moving in

1.4K 14 4
By Monksanto

"Speech"

(Thoughts)

Y/n P.O.V~

I sat on the bus, looking outside the window on my right while thinking to myself while several others boarded the bus. This was fucking bullshit. How did it fucking come to this? How fuck did I end up being coaxed into going into a school to learn how to be a goddamn agent? I then remembered what choice had made me go down this path.

Y/n:( Oh yeah, that's right.)

*Flashback start*

I sighed as I sat in an alleyway, looking down at my feet. I reached into my jacket and pulled out a blood bag. I then put a straw into the bag and began to drink the blood as I looked up at the black as usual; however, all the stars were blocked out by all the flashing lights from the goddamn signs. I inhaled through my nose before I quickly finished the blood bag and crumpled it before throwing it on the ground and standing up.

Y/n:" Okay, that's enough for another week."

I began to walk out of the alleyway with my hands in my pockets. I've been stealing blood bags from blood banks for the past months. I now have about 8 or 9 blood bags which should last me a good few months. I sighed as I stopped walking, feeling the hair on the back of my neck begging to stand up as I looked to see someone standing on top of a building.

I chuckled to myself while speaking.

Y/n:" Jesus and people call me emo."

The figure fired a shotgun at me; as the rounds flew toward me, I quickly teleported out of the way with a flash of flames. I looked up at the man and spoke while pointing at him.

Y/n:" Hey! That isn't polite! You can't just shoot some guy just because you feel like it!"

The figure spoke in a deep voice while pointing one of its shotguns at me.

???:" True, but I have a warrant to shoot at the person who's been stealing blood bags for the past nine months."

I pointed at the figure and shouted.

Y/n:" How dare you accuse me of something like that! I would never steal blood bags in a million years!"

However, as I said, a blood bag fell out of my pocket and onto the ground. I looked down at the blood bag and spoke.

Y/n:" Shit."

The figure fired off another blast of its guns as I quickly grabbed the blood bag and teleported behind the figure, and I threw a punch. The figure grabbed my punch and pulled me forward, tripping me before I teleported behind the figure again and tried to attack. The figure blocked my strikes as we began to exchange attacks almost at blinding speeds before the figure kicked my chest, making me go flying back. I fell on my back and growled as I took a deep breath before I conjured my flames, as they began to dance in my hands, and I hurled two fireballs at the figure. The figure turned into mist and moved toward me. I conjured flames, formed a flame whip, and swung it at the figure. The whip smashed down on the rooftop, spewing flames in all directions; as the figure looked at me, purple energy surrounded them before it disappeared. I was put in a full nelson as I realized the figure teleported behind me. With a flash of flames, I teleported out of the figure's grasp and into the air as my fire burned around my foot and kicked the figure square in the face. The figure grabbed my leg and slammed me onto the ground cracking the rooftop before it pressed one of its short shotguns to my head as the figure spoke.

???:" You've got power; that's good."

The figure's soulless black eyes gazed into mine while it spoke.

???:" It's a shame you're using that power to steal."

I clenched my fist as my fire burned around it; I prepared to morph my hand into a blade while I spoke.

Y/n:" And what exactly be a better use of my power?"

The figure pressed its gun to my head even harder while it spoke.

???:" Well, you could use this power to help people."

Y/n:" And why would I do that?"

???:" Well, kid, I shouldn't do this, but I'm going to offer you a choice; since you've stolen about 8000$ dollars of blood bags, you can spend the next four years of your life in prison. Or you can spend the next four years of your life in school and join me in using power to help the world as an agent."

I sighed as I took a minute to think.

Y/n:( Well, shit, I'm either going to jail, and I'll be even worse off than I already am. Or I will go to school and become a soldier to help people. If I go to school, I'll finally have the chance to get back on my feet.)

I sighed before I spoke.

Y/n:" Okay, fine, I'll go to your fuckin' school."

The figure put its guns away as it spoke.

???:" Good choice, now whatever your name is-."

Y/n:" My name is Y/n."

The figure tilted its head as it spoke.

???:" Got a last name, Y/n?"

Y/n:" Tepes."

The figure reached into its jacket, pulled out a calling card, and handed it to me.

???:" Y/n Tepes, be at this location in two weeks on Tuesday."

Y/n:" Okay, I will."

???:" You better."

The figure began to walk away before it turned back to me and spoke.

???:" And, for god's sake, return the blood."

The figure leaped off the roof as I quickly stood up and my feet and looked at the card the figure had handed me, seeing its location as I read it aloud.

Y/n:" Lot 48 zone 2016."

I signed as I had just gotten myself into a fine mess.

*Flashback end*

I sighed as I gazed at my reflection in the bus window, my crimson eyes. I didn't want or need people to find out I'm a vampire. I never did give back those blood bags; after all, a vampire needs blood to survive. As I made my fangs disappear, my eyes quickly changed from a crimson red to a soft E/c (Eye color). I took a little manga out of my black suitcase sitting between my feet as I began to read.

???:" Are you reading bleach right now?"

I saw a guy with clearly dyed green hair and green eyes standing in the bus aisle.

Y/n:" uh... Yeah. Why. You like Bleach?"

The man grinned and shrugged as he spoke.

???:" I mean, I'm more of a Naruto guy myself, but yeah, I do."

Y/n:" Nice."

???:" Can I sit next to you?"

Y/n:" Um, sure, go ahead."

The man smiled and sat next to me as he held out his hand for a shake and spoke.

Genji:" I'm Genji, Genji Shimada."

I shook Genji's hand while I spoke.

Y/n:" Y/n Tepes."

The bus's engine echoed through the vehicle as it began to move, and Genji spoke.

Genji:" So, are you excited to go overwatch academy?"

Y/n:" Eh, not really."

Genji raised an eyebrow as he questioned me.

Genji:" What. Why not?"

Y/n:" Well, it was either this or I go to prison. So you know I made the best of a bad situation."

Genji:" Um, okay."

Genji then grinned as he nudged me while speaking.

Genji:" Well, you made the right discussion; this will be fun."

Y/n:" If you say so."

Genji and I talked as the bus drove us.

Genji:" Yeah, that's a good point, but I would have to disagree; the filler in Naruto isn't that bad."

Y/n:" Yeah, but it has too much."

Genji:" Okay, I agree with you, but it's not as much as in Shippuden."

Y/n:" That's true, but Shippuden is much longer."

The bus stopped as the doors opened, and some older woman with white hair and a headband covered her left eye.

Old woman:" Alright, everyone, get off the van and have your proof of exemption or recommendation card ready."

My eyes widened as I thought to myself.

Y/n:( Shit, I don't think I have either of those things. Goddamn it. What am I going to do?)

Everyone began to get off the bus while I grabbed my black and white suitcases. I got off the bus and saw that all the people on the bus were standing in a single file line, shoulder to shoulder; as I joined Genji, the old woman spoke again.

Old woman:" Alright, everyone, we are going to check you're identity by verifying your letters of

acceptance for passing the test to get into the academy or a recommendation card from one of the senior overwatch agents."

Everyone began to reach into their suitcase and bags while I gulped as I didn't have any of the things. I quickly began to rummage around in my pockets, looking for something that could help me. The old woman took out a clipboard and began to read names off of it.

Old-woman:" Amélie Guillard."

A woman with black hair exited the line and walked over to the old woman as she spoke again.

Old-woman:" Acceptance papers or recommendation card."

The dark-haired woman pulled out a form, and the old woman nodded before the black-haired woman walked off. I gulped as I quickly began to dig through my pant pockets and began to grow worried as another name was called.

Old woman:" Hana Song."

A woman with brown hair wearing all blue walked up to the old woman as she spoke again.

Old-woman:" Acceptance papers or recommendation card."

The girl pulled out a paper as the old woman nodded.

Old-woman:" Genji Shimada."

Genji walked up to the woman as she asked for his papers, and he pulled out a form while she smiled and nodded. As the old woman called out, I gulped and continued looking for something.

Old woman:" Y/n Tepes."

I gulped as I walked up to the woman while rummaging around in my pockets as she spoke.

Old-woman:" Acceptance papers or recommendation card."

I gulped as I rummaged around in my pants before switching to my coat pockets, and I felt something in there. I pulled out the card that the figure from the alleyway had given me. The old woman grabbed my wrist, making my eyes widen as she looked at the card before her eyes widened as she spoke.

Old-woman:" Huh, recommendation card. Don't see those very often. Okay, move on with the rest of the kids, and Lena will show you around."

I moved away from the old woman as she called out.

Old-woman:" Brigitte Lindholm!"

I quickly walked over to Genji as he spoke.

Genji:" How did you get a recommendation card?"

Y/n:" I don't know. I fought some emo guy with shotguns; he said I got power and gave it to me."

Genji:" Okay..."

After waiting a few minutes, some more students showed up, and after a few more minutes of waiting around and with a flash of blue light, a young woman, maybe a year or two older, appeared in front of us.

*Expect with a light blue glow coming from underneath the shirt*

???:" Morin' newbies."

The woman smiled and spoke as I just noticed a light-blue light coming from underneath her black shirt.

???:" Well, everyone, my name is Lena, and I'll show you around."

Everyone began to follow Lena; she showed us the classrooms, the track, the gym, the tech lab, and the training room. I didn't pay attention to most of it, as I mostly talked about anime and video games to Genji. After leading all of this, Lena was going to take us down to the school's main office to get our dorm numbers, but as she showed us around, she bumped into someone.

Lena:" Oh, professor Reaper, I'm so sorry."

I looked to see that she was talking to the exact figure I had met in the alleyway. I gazed at Reaper as I thought to myself.

Y/n:( Huh, so his name is Reaper; that's a cool name. I wonder if I'll get a cool nickname like that.)

Reaper turned away from Lena as he saw me and spoke.

Reaper:" Y/n, good to see that you've accepted my offer."

Everyone looked at me as I gulped before I spoke.

Y/n:" Uh, yeah, after thinking about it, it would probably be the best decision."

Reaper:" Good, I think you'll do good. I'll see you then."

Reaper walked off as Genji whispered into my ear.

Genji:" How the hell do you know, Reaper?"

Y/n:" He's the one who gave me the recommendation card."

Genji:" Wow, you must be something special then."

I shrugged while I spoke.

Y/n:" Eh, not really."

Lena then took us to the main office, giving Lena a list as she spoke.

Lena:" Okay, this is the list of who everyone will be bunking with and what your dorms are. First, Olivia Colomar and Hana Song, you two are in dorm 37, Amélie Guillard and Brigitte Lindholm in dorm 44, and Genji Shimada and Y/n Tepes in dorm 69."

Y/n:" Hehe, nice."

Lena:" Oh, uh, Genji and Y/n, you will have a third roommate, but he's already in your room."

Genji looked over at me as he spoke.

Genji:" Well, it looks like we've got a third roomie; let's go meet him."

Genji and I began to walk around the academy looking for our dorm, and after about ten minutes of searching, we finally found it.

Y/n:" Welp, here it is. Dorm 69."

I looked at Genji as I spoke.

Y/n:" Let's go meet our new roomie."

I opened the door and saw the floor covered with beer cans.

Genji:" What the hell-."

The door to what looked like a bathroom opened as a man with brown hair, and brown eyes exited it before he noticed Genji and me standing in the doorway while he spoke.

???:" Aw shit, are you guys the new roomies?"

Genji:" Yeah, that's us."

The man rubbed the back of his head while he spoke.

???:" Sorry about the mess. I didn't think you guys would get here so fast. Look, I'll get this all cleaned up; why don't you two pick your rooms."

Genji:" Um, okay, thanks, Mr..."

Cassidy:" Cassidy, Cole Cassidy."

I raised my eyebrow as I spoke.

Y/n:" I-I-Is that your real name, I don't wanna sound mean or anything, but that doesn't sound right."

Cassidy sighed as he spoke.

Cassidy:" Yes, this is my real, legal name. Why does everybody ask me that? Is it something I'm putting out there?"

I just sighed and shrugged as Cassidy spoke again.

Cassidy:" Anyways, the room in the back is mine; the ones on the left and right are free. Take your pick."

Genji and I opened both doors to the rooms, giving us a good view of the beds inside.

(The one in the left room)

(The one in the right)

Genji and I looked at each other as he spoke.

Genji:" Rock, paper, scissors, whoever wins gets the bed on the left, and the loser gets the weird desk thing on the right?"

Y/n:" Deal."

Genji and I both threw our fists as he shouted out.

Genji:" Yes! I win!"

I looked down at my paper while he spoke.

Genji:" Oh, scissors, you never fail me, except for that time I ran with you."

I sighed as I congratulated Genji before I went into my new room, put my two suitcases down, and spoke to myself while looking at my new desk-bed thing.

Y/n:" *sigh* This is going to be a long four years."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 337 29
This story is about a young boy named Y/N Rose who was once a huntsman from his world called Remnant, until he ended up becoming a Freelancer, and be...
413K 8.8K 55
(Y/N) is a Mind Reader. At a young age, he caused trouble for his family because of his semblance...and now he's a runaway. How will his ability affe...
1.9K 39 45
The dwelling monsters of Remnant, Grimm. Those who hunt grimm are called "Hunters". Diego Coronatus is a 17y old boy from Atlas who decided to attend...
72.4K 1.8K 92
Y/N Rose was the son of Qrow Branwen and Summer Rose, and the oldest child of the Rose family. Due to Qrows' semblance and a messy end to they're rel...