Red Hood - Vengeance

Від The_Pugg

Y/N Todd was the second Robin, taken under the Bat's wing he was taken off the streets and pushed into a life... Більше

-- Introduction --
The Beginning
Training Commences
The First Night
-- Villains you'd like? --
Familiar Faces
Clash with the Clown
Tragedy
A New Start
-- Apologies!! --
Anger of a Father
Loyalty to the League?
The Power of Rage
The Investigation Begins
Deceit and Warnings
A Tense Meeting
A Shocking Revelation
-- A Break --
Threats and Opportunities
The Crafting of an Allegiance
A Battle of Brothers
The Makings of a Monster
The Clown's Plan

League Vs Legion

833 24 6
Від The_Pugg

"The time has come..."

The room was dark, all except for the light that stood as a spotlight, illuminating the table resting within the warehouse.

Stepping into the light was the scientific CEO of Lexcorp, Lex Luthor.

"...to destroy the Justice League."

One by one, the other members stepped forwards into the light.

The red-ringed, rage-fuelled figure of Y/n.

The yellow-suited Reverse Flash

The cat-like Cheetah

The subterranean terror, Black Manta

The ruler of Kahndaq, Black Adam

The fear-powered, yellow-ringed Sinestro.

"You all know the plan, divide them and they shall fall before us, everyone focus on their target, once they are defeated we will have them give up Joker and then..."

Luthor turned his head towards Y/n, who stood beside him.

"...he is yours to kill."

---

Within the damp, dark batcave sat a dejected Bruce Wayne, his batsuit resting on a mannequin nearby.

As he sat infront of his batcomputer he held a small photo frame in his hands, detailing a photo of Y/n in his Robin costume sat atop the shoulders of both Batman and Nightwing, who had his thumb up to the camera.

Placing the photo down, he stood and walked over to his armory, where the battered and damaged Robin suit had been placed after Y/n's supposed 'death'.

Staring up at the suit, he felt a wave of sadness before being interrupted by a sudden news broadcast appearing on the batcomputer's giant screen.

"...It appears that a giant bat-symbol has been burned into the very street itself at the Gotham Harbour, is this a threat towards Gotham's own vigilante? Or perhaps a warning? We go to our reporter at the scene...Viki?"

The broadcast switched to a video of a blonde woman in a helicopter that was looking down upon the bat-symbol below.

"We aren't certain Jack, we are surveying the scene live to see if there are any developments and...hold on...it appears there's a figure walking towards the symbol!"

The broadcast switched once more to show the camera zooming into the symbol, displaying the figure of Y/n coming to a stop in the center of the Bat.

"Could this be the person who burned this Bat into Gotham's streets? He seems to be raising his hand towards our helicopter and, what is that red light? It seems he may have some sort of-"

Suddenly the sound of an impact was heard as the alarm systems for the helicopter began sounding.

"Oh god! We've been hit by some sort of beam! The helicopter is barely flying but we're still in the air!"

Bruce sprinted over to his suit before throwing it on and jumping into his batwing, taking off into Gotham's skies.

Tapping a few buttons, he began communications with the Justice League.

"Gotham Harbour, get there now! Y/n has shown himself and we need to stop him."

---

Gotham Harbour was exceedingly quiet for the middle of the day, the threat of Y/n's attack had worked.

The sun stood high in the sky, bearing down on the sea and streets alike, only disturbed by the occasional cloud passing by.

Eventually the silence was filled as the roaring of an engine grew closer, a shadow in the sky blasting at incredible speeds shot by, releasing a silhouette that dropped to the streets below.

Landing a distance away was the figure of the Batman, who rose to stare down the man who stood before him.

Before either man spoke a single word, more figures appeared behind the caped crusader.

The red and blue Kryptonian landed with a heavy crash before floating off the ground.

Both the green-skinned Martian and green-ringed Lantern descended from the sky before floating alongside their teammate.

A blur of lightning appeared as the red-suited speedster appeared and folded his arms.

The loud thud of the Amazonian landing beside the Bat, her sword and shield at the ready.

The crash of the nearby sea as a trident-wielding Atlantian landed upon the street.

The first to speak was the outnumbered Y/n.

"I'll only ask once. Give me Joker and no-one needs to get hurt."

"What do you call the news helicopter, then?" The kryptonian asked.

"A warning."

"Just give yourself up, Y/n, you can't defeat all of us." The Dark Knight warned.

"Me? Perhaps not, but them?"

"Them?"

Suddenly a blur of red lightning appeared and smacked the Flash, sending him flying through the air before roughly landing on the street.

"Hiya, Barry."

"Thawne?"

The duo suddenly vanished as they both sprinted into the distance, engaging each other.

A green laser shot from seemingly nowhere hit Superman in the chest, causing him to groan as he fell to the floor and look over to its source, Lex Luthor within a bulky power-suit with a large cannon on his right arm.

"Superman!" Cried Wonder Woman, turning to charge Luthor, who was rapidly approaching the weakened Superman, before having to shield herself from the slashes of Cheetah's claws.

"Enough of this!" Shouted Martian Manhunter, extending his arms in an attempt to grab Y/n in front of him.

A strike of lightning smashed his arm to the street before the cloaked figure of Black Adam flew down and tackled the Martian into a nearby building.

Mirroring his movement, Black Manta took Aquaman by surprise, tackling him from behind, sending the pair falling into the nearby sea.

Green Lantern quickly summoned a green cannon that fired immediately at his Red Lantern foe.

The cannonball clanged against a large shield that had formed in front of Y/n, but instead of being red in colour, it was instead yellow.

The glowing being of Sinestro descended before laughing smugly and engaging Green Lantern with a large laser.

The Batman looked around him, at the members of the Justice League fighting against the Legion of Doom, the ring-wielders going back and forth, Martian and Adam flying about the skies repeatedly clashing.

The occasional blur of the two Flashes shooting by and the two other duos engaging in combat close to the ground.

Eventually his eyes turned to rest on the unmoving figure that was once his son.

"You assembled the Legion of Doom?"

"I warned you that I would come for him, and since you will not give him up..."

His fist clenched and the red ring shone brightly.

"...I shall go through you."

Taking off with remarkable speed, Y/n ran forwards and launched himself at the Batman, swinging his leg around as he flew through the air.

Barely being able to react in time, the Bat narrowly ducked the attack and rolled away from his opponent.

Turning to face him once more, he found his former son already heading towards him, his fist wound back, ready to strike.

Unable to move in time, Y/n landed a punch against the Batman's jaw, causing him to stumble backwards slightly.

Retaliating quickly, Batman spun and kicked his leg right into Y/n's chest, sending him sliding backwards as he raised his arms to block.

Running forwards Y/n swung with his right fist towards Batman's head, who swerved to avoid it, following up with a clothesline with his left arm.

Raising his arms to block, Batman stumbled backwards slightly.

Attempting to sieze the moment, Y/n pressed forwards and made to grab the Bat but was met with his foot striking against his chest.

Anticipating a follow-up attack, Y/n stepped backwards with the momentum from the Bat's kick and spun quickly, bringing the back of his fist towards the head of his opponent.

Responding to the attack, the Bat ducked the backfist before uppercutting Y/n, pushing him slightly upwards before landing on his back.

Batman moved forwards as Y/n planted his hands near his head and appeared to be doing a kick-up before suddenly pushing up into a hand-stand and spinning around, bringing his foot down into the Bat's chin.

Recoiling from the unexpected hit, Batman pulled a shock device from his belt and threw it at Y/n, who had returned to standing on his feet.

Fighting the electric shocks, Y/n smashed the device attached to his chest before blocking a flying knee thrown by the Batman with both arms.

Bringing his arms down, Y/n tackled the landing figure of Batman, who responded by throwing himself backwards towards the floor.

Landing and rolling backwards, Batman used the momentum to land on top of the prone Y/n and attempted to strike down towards his face.

Using his left arm to redirect Batman's punches, Y/n loaded his right arm and threw it upwards, striking again at his jaw.

Batman swerved away from the attempted strike and punched downwards, missing and striking the ground beneath them.

Wrapping his arm around the fist beside his head, Y/n locked the pair together before pushing with his other arm and rolling sideways.

The duo rolled over one another, repeatedly striking each other with their free hands before breaking apart and rolling a distance away from each other.

Both men quickly did a kick-up before rushing towards one another.

Before either could strike, they both quickly rolled out of the way as a shield came flying through the air towards them.

After dodging the duo looked over to see Wonder Woman charging towards them as Cheetah kneeled on the floor, tied by a golden lasso.

"Damnit..." Y/n grumbled as he readied himself for the two on one.

The duo charged the solo and Batman made the first move, swinging with a clothesline.

Ducking underneath the attack and spinning around him, Y/n was met with the attack of Wonder Woman, who attempted to hook his head.

Intercepting the hook, Y/n pushed Wonder Woman backwards and stepped backwards himself to dodge the axe-kick thrown by Batman.

Quickly spinning, he attempted to roundhouse the back of the Batman's head but he ducked the kick. Using the momentum he instead spun again and used the opposite leg to strike against Wonder Woman.

Blocking the blow, Wonder Woman grabbed the leg and spun it quickly, throwing him.

Y/n spun in the air before landing and throwing another spin kick towards Wonder Woman.

This time connecting with her shoulder, she fell to her knee before spinning with the blow and rolling away slightly.

Standing once again, Batman punched from Y/n's side, who backstepped to avoid the punch before grabbing the arm and flipping over it.

Using the spin from the flip, Y/n extended his leg and brought it down onto the charging Wonder Woman's head.

With the kick landing against the top of her head, Wonder Woman flipped forwards and landed on her back, dazed from the blow.

Quickly spinning after landing, Y/n landed an elbow to the Dark Knight's face, causing him to stumble backwards, stunned slightly.

Siezing the chance of his two stunned opponents, Y/n dove towards his tied ally and quickly undid the lasso that had her captured.

"My thanks." She quickly stated before letting out a growl and charging Wonder Woman once more.

Once Cheetah had tackled her away, Y/n and Batman were left standing alone once more, staring at one another.

As Y/n took a step towards the Batman he felt a surge from deep within himself. A feeling that surrounded the figure of the Dark Knight that stood before him. It was an important feeling and yet it felt...subdued and distant, something he couldn't quite place his finger upon.

As soon as the feeling had arrived, it vanished once more, leaving y/n staring at the charging Batman.

Shaking off the feeling, Y/n quickly rolled underneath the jumping kick of the Bat before growing tired of the conflict.

Channeling the ring, a deep red substance seeped its way across his body, joining the helmet at his neck and causing him to grow a few feet in height, a slit appearing across his mouth, revealing jagged teeth. His white eyes stretching backwards and becoming a monstrous slit.

Horrified at the sight, but remaining composed, the Bat quickly detached a small device from his belt and threw it at the hulking figure of Y/n, who bit the cannister, causing smoke to shoot from out of the can and his large mouth.

Y/n's monstrous form remained still as the smoke surrounded him, waiting patiently for the Bat's move.

The move itself came swiftly as the roar of an engine sounded and a pair of headlights shone through the smoke.

Y/n readied himself and grabbed the hood of the vehicle as it slammed into him, his feet breaking the ground beneath him as he pushed against the vehicle.

Momentum falling, the batmobile began to stop, smoke rising from the spinning wheels as it desperately tried to roll through the monster.

Instead of going forwards, the car instead rose up as the monster of rage lifted it clean off the ground and gave a roar, throwing it towards the buildings next to the docks.

Before it could hit the buildings however, the bright glow of a green hand grabbed the batmobile out of the air.

Hal turned the batmobile in the air so it faced the right way up before feeling a claw cut into his extended arm.

Screaming in pain, the Green Lantern was pulled down and pinned by the giant monster of Y/n.

Launching from the falling car, the Bat quickly fired his grapple gun at the back of the rage monster but was intercepted by the yellow form of a large shield.

Sinestro descended from above, his fist clenched tightly as the shield thickened and fortified itself.

"I'll allow your interruption but you shall not kill him." Sinestro warned his red-ringed ally.

He was uncertain however if his message had gotten to Y/n, who was giving roar after roar as he pounded Green Lantern further into the floor.

Feeling ribs break and blood seep from his mouth, Hal raised his injured arm and channeled his ring.

Before anything could materialise, Hal's wrist was grasped by the large hand of Y/n's monstrous form, the two making eye contact before the red-ringed monster dragged his arm backwards, snapping his opponent's arm in half.

A great scream came from Hal's lips as some of the various fighters looked over towards the scene.

The first to react was Superman, who quickly flew down, crashing through Sinestro's shield and tackling the monster off of his friend, flying up into the skies above.

Responding to the tackle, Y/n wrenched his body free from Superman's grasp with great effort before keeping hold of the Man of Steel and repeatedly punching him in the face.

Although his punches were forcing the kryptonians head backwards slightly, Y/n felt as if he was doing very little damage to his opponent.

Superman quickly caught Y/n's fist before changing course and diving the pair towards the ocean below.

A great splash of water exploded upwards as the duo crashed into the ocean depths, falling down and down before hitting the seabed.

The glow of Y/n's red symbol shined brilliantly in the deep blue depths as he summoned a pair of massive gauntlets over his already giant claws.

Planting his large fist into the Kryptonians abdomen, he sent his opponent flying through the ocean's waters before flying through the water after him.

Recovering, Superman stopped his flight through the water and shot back towards the red-ringed monster.

Both figures flung their fists toward each other and clashed, causing a great shockwave to ripple around the ocean.

Both men were blown backwards by the impact of the blow, Y/n  eventually slowed before making out the two silhouettes of Aquaman and Black Manta, both with tridents in their hands quickly shooting about the ocean and clashing with each other.

Being grabbed by his shoulders forced Y/n's attention back onto his Kryptonian adversary as the pair shot through the water.

The pair quickly began laying into each other with blow after blow, the Kryptonians strength shining as he beat back the rage monster while sustaining little damage.

Growing tired of the battle, Superman shot around Y/n before uppercutting him back towards the sea's surface.

Two great crashes followed as Y/n flew out of the water and Superman followed closely behind him.

Another great crack sounded as Superman backhanded his opponent towards the docks where the rest of the fighters were.

Damaged and tired, Y/n flew through the air before roughly landing and rolling across the dockyard's concrete, the red slime of his monstrous form returning to his ring.

Using what was left of his energy, Y/n pushed himself onto his knees.

Looking around he saw a single thing.

Failure.

Luthor was standing, stuck in a disabled mech suit that had him trapped, Cheetah had once again been defeated and tied by Wonder Woman's golden lasso, Sinestro sat ring-less while Reverse Flash and Black Manta laid unconscious.

Adam was nowhere in sight and had no-doubt abandoned the fight considering Martian Manhunter stood with his fellow League members around the defeated Legion villains.

Y/n watched the League members as they stood talking, occasionally glancing over.

As he sat there, defeated and exhausted, he noticed that his rage was the weakest it had ever been, it was resoundingly quieter then normal.

Upon noticing his weakened rage, the red helmet that surrounded his head crumbled away, revealing messy hair and a tired look.

The moment he sat, his face clearly visible, a soft voice spoke from behind him.

"I think this is the calmest I've ever seen you."

Turning his head slightly, Y/n looked up at the visage of Superman.

"The anger hasn't left, just quietened." Y/n clarified.

"Your anger is pointed at the Joker, and given what he did to you I can't say I don't understand."

Superman moved around to be directly in front of Y/n before crouching down.

"But why go down this route? Why choose using bloodshed and murder? Using this power ring?"

He reached over and grabbed Y/n's right wrist, lifting the hand so that the red ring was a few inches from both their faces, before dropping his hand once more.

"Why, when you awoke from resurrection, did you not return to your home?"

"I don't have a home." Y/n quietly replied.

"You don't remember?"

"The only memories I have are what was done to me, my death is all that remains."

"You haven't had bursts of memories? Flashes or feelings of familiarity with anyone?"

Y/n remained silent, considering the times he'd had odd feelings of recognition without any accompanying memories.

"Well, don't worry, when we get that ring off you we can work on your memories." Superman said, placing his hand on Y/n's shoulder before standing and beginning to walk away.

"That may not be possible." Y/n called out, causing the Kryptonian to freeze and turn back towards the kneeling Y/n.

"I think the ring is connected to my heart somehow, I can feel that if I take this off, it'll be the same as tearing my heart out of my chest." Y/n mused, raising his hand to look at it.

Superman moved to respond before being interrupted.

"It's time to take off that ring Y/n" the duo heard, the other League members walking over with Batman at the front.

Superman quickly turned to face the approaching group, his hand up slightly to stop them.

"Hold on a minute, Bruce, we need to consider-"

"What is there to consider?!" Green Lantern half-shouted, his arm in a green sling.

"The red ring is dangerous, we must remove it at once." Martian Manhunter furthered.

"If we do, we could render Y/n dead, we'd miss the opportunity to try and bring him back."

"No! Y/n...y/n died in that explosion, he...!" Batman pointed at the kneeling Y/n behind Superman, "is not my son!"

"But he is my brother!"

The entire group turned to face the voice that came from behind them, seeing Nightwing walking towards them.

Batman walked through the group to stand at the front closest to Nightwing.

"Dick? What are you-"

Nightwing walked past the Bat before stopping between Superman and the group.

"I told you before, he is in there!"

"Dick! I am NOT doing this!"

Batman moved to push past Nightwing but instead found a hand placed upon his chest to stop him from moving forwards.

"You'd kill a man?"

"He is not a man, Dick! He's a manifestation of the worst parts of my dead son! Of your dead brother!"

The two continued to argue as another being floated down to the kneeling Y/n, looking up he saw long pink hair and pure green eyes.

"Oh, Y/n." Starfire spoke as she wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him tightly.

Once more, Y/n had a wave of familiarity hit him, as if he knows this woman, as if he'd hugged her before.

Yet, like all the waves before it, it vanished as quickly as it came, leaving Y/n uncertain of what he'd just experienced.

Eventually, he was released by the beautiful woman who turned to join the still-arguing group.

"-that's exactly why we can't give up on him!"

"And what do you suggest we-"

"Well...isn't this fun?!"

The entire group fell silent at the echo of a new voice that giggled as it spoke.

"The entire League with the Legion at their feet!"

Y/n recognised this voice as he looked around.

"They really should've called me in, things would at least be more fun!"

"He escaped?" Superman asked Batman.

Suddenly, a loud bang of a firework sounded from above a nearby warehouse as a spray-painted-purple-and-white-helicopter flew in above the group, two figures leaning out and looking down at them.

One a woman with white make-up on, two blonde ponytails that stretch into red and black.

The other in a purple suit with acid-green hair and a red smile across his lips.

Several of the boxes in the dockyard opened to reveal speakers that played carnival music and broadcast the Joker's voice simultaneously.

"Hello down there!"

The sound of laughter came through the speakers before Y/n made eye contact with the clown.

"That one seems familiar, could've sword I killed him...oh well! Always time to FINISH THE JOB EH?!"

He erupted into laughter once more.

The laughter ringing in his ears, the sight of the man above him caused his blood to boil, his rage skyrocketing as his eyes filled with a rage.

His ring glowing brightly, Y/n shot off the ground and blasted towards the helicopter.

An audible bang was heard by the League as Y/n took off, quickly following was a bang from the Kryptonian as Superman sped after him.

Y/n summoned a red sword and grasped it tightly before pointing it upwards.

Both figures blasting upwards at insane speeds, laughter and carnival music echoed around the dockyard before Nightwing let out a shout.

"BROTHER! DON'T!"

Woo, what a chapter huh? My apologies about taking so long to release another one, in truth this chapter was almost finished in October and I was unhappy with what I had done. Some real life stuff came up and I didn't have time to first of all re-write what I wasn't happy with and secondly to FINISH the chapter, so it became small changes here and there until now. I'll make NO promises about when the next one will release because I'll still be busy, but as I previously said I won't just abandon this story - I hate when writers do that.

Once again I'd like to thank you for reading.

-Pugg

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

266 6 1
Matt gets sick after an accident which occurred while attempting to follow Batman. Terry finds himself going into the past with the current Flash in...
392K 6.2K 59
This story is complete, it will no longer be updated and I am no longer taking requests. :)
1.5K 42 10
❝ "You can't believe I would keep him from you for such a trivial reason..." A few minutes ago you wouldn't have believed it either. ❞ ───────── ⋆⋅ �...
2.1K 165 57
What happens when a girl off the streets of Gotham is saved by a Robin with a promise to keep? Lyla has been alone most of life. She's never had fam...