Cinis [Genshin Impact]

By -e3xir

"Paimon if you keep this up I will devour you." "Sounds festive." In which a girl stumbles upon a traveler a... More

I. Overview
II. Outrider
III. City of Freedom
IV. Knights of Favonius
V. Sister
VI. Lyre
VII. Tone-Deaf Bard
VIII. Reunion gone wrong
IX. Stormterrors Lair
X. The Meaning of Freedom
XI. La Signora
XII. Liyue
XIII. Moon Carver
XIV. Mountain Shaper
Special - Girlfriend day
XV. Wangshu
XVI. Dust to Dust

XVII. An Organization Known an Wangsheng I

444 27 4
By -e3xir

.˚ :: !Zhongli !

ˏˋ°*⁀➷

It had been slightly awkward between you and Aether ever since you cried in his arms but today, the both of you decided it was time to visit the Northland Bank.

Once you all walked into the said bank, you approached the fatui member behind the counter who greeted you all politely.

"Welcome, travelers, friends of Childe. And congratulations on the first day of your illustrious career with the fatui."

"We don't consider Childe a friend." You spoke, narrowing your eyes at her.

She only smiled wider, "You sound remarkably sure of yourself... remember, we are mere mortals-- our ideas are fluid like water. Only the Tsaritsa truly has a will as solid as the permafrost."

"How about I shove that will up you--"

The fatui member coolly ignored your words. "But back to the matter at hand. Childe tells me that he has upheld his end of your agreement."

Paimon tilted her head. "What agreement? Oh, the thing about him helping us find a guy?"

"Correct, Childe promised and the fatui do not break promises lightly."

"Where is that guy, anyway?" Paimon asked.

"Childe is currently at Liuli Pavilion." She informed.

When Aether seemed confused about what that was, Paimon explained it to him and complained that she was hungry once again.

As you all left the bank, you spoke up. "Do we really need to find him?"

"Unfortunately." Aether mumbled grabbing a hold of your hand and leading you through the town so that you wouldn't try to run away.

It didn't take long for you all to find him, he stands out in the crowds anyway.

The man smiled, "aha, you made it. Like promised, I've found someone to help you. To solve why the Liyue Qixing would hide the Geo Archon's vessel."

"And where is he?" You questioned.

"Come with me, I'll introduce you." Childe said before walking ahead. He lead you all to a fine dine restaurant, where the workers graciously greeted Childe. They mentioned a man named Zhongli, you wondered who that could be.

Once entering the room the ridiculously rich Fatui member had booked, you saw a man with long dark hair and fair skin who seemed to have a stern expression. His eyes were amber and almost looked as if they were glowing when his gaze turned to you. He set the cup he was holding back on the table and smiled politely.

Once you had taken your seats, you sitting Infront of Aether while he sat next to Childe. "Allow me to introduce Mr. Zhongli, consultant to an organization known as Wangsheng and a trusted associate of Fatui."

"Really?" Your voice was clear with doubts with this man being an associate of the Fatui.

"Indeed. Lets just say they understand when discretion is needed. And we, the Fatui, have always been glad to do business with friends who walk in the shadows." Childe stared into your eyes as he talked.

The tension in the room seemed to thicken and Zhongli took it upon himself to ease it up. "It is an honor to meet you. I have heard tell of you from Mondstadt."

"By Wangsheng, does Childe mean the funeral parlor?" You questioned.

Zhongli nodded, this seemed to confuse Paimon.

Childe chuckled. "Did you think he was some sort of hired killer?"

"I hoped not." You muttered. "Anyways, you can bring us to see Rex Lapis' vessel?"

"Indeed."

Zhongli explained the change of traditions, his knowledge of the past fascinated you, he seemed to be extremely wise.

Once Aether had agreed to join Zhongli, he took a few moments to finish his tea and left, leaving you alone with Childe.

He smiled, "you can go if you want to, don't worry about me. I might have a few more drinks... and get acquainted with these things they call 'chopsticks' in the meantime."

You snorted. Childe didn't know how to use chopsticks. This only made you laugh when you watched him try to use the utensils.

Childe glared at you. "Stop making fun of me, [Y/N]. If you're any better then show me how to do it."

You laughed hysterically as you picked up a piece of food effortlessly with your own chopsticks. "Does this hurt your ego?"

"Go to hell."

After making fun of the fatui member a bit more the three of you left and met up with Zhongli.

"After having experienced the land of the absentee archon, how does it feel to know that our archon and adepti are here all around Liyue?"

"The atmosphere in Mondstadt is a lot calmer." You smiled, you were always intimidated by the Liyue Qixing. "But Liyue has its own unique story, there's no preference, I like both lands."

Zhongli looked intrigued. "What an enlightening answer."

"What would Childe get out of us doing the Rite of Parting anyway?" Paimon switched the topic.

"I neither know or do not wish to know. I only wish for Liyue's traditions to endure" Zhongli answered vaguely.

You frowned. "Is that really such a good idea?"

He seemed to ignore your words. He handed a bag to Aether and explained to him that it was the funds Childe had provided. From even first glance you could tell there was a lot in there.

"Well then let us be off." Zhongli announced. "The first step shall be to obtain some prize Noctilucous Jade worthy of a deity."

That lead to you all walking around Liyue in search of the Jade. "If we spend as little of the money Childe gave we can steal the rest." You hummed.

"That's not very nice." Aether sweat dropped.

You turned to him. "Being nice wont get you that far in this world."

Zhongli chuckled. "You have an odd way of thinking, you remind me of an old friend."

Your words hit Aether hard, he had been way too nice to everyone so far, he barely even said no. He wondered if it was time to set up some boundaries.

Soon you found a merchant selling the jades you needed.

After a lot of debates and unnecessary work, you had retrieved everything you needed.

You were already exhausted, there was too much thinking involved for one day.

Even Aether seemed a bit annoyed with the amount of work he had to do as he talked to Ying'er, who was making the perfume you needed.

"I'm beat." You sighed as you made your way to the statue where Zhongli was waiting.

"Agreed." Aether huffed. "I can't wait to lay down."

Zhongli turned to the three of you, hearing your footsteps. "you're back. Well, have you brought the perfumes?"

Paimon nodded. "Three sets and no less!"

He thanked you and offered all three of the perfumes to the statue.

"Let's hope the Qixing can catch the real killer." Paimon mumbled.

Zhongli nodded, "we can leave that to the authorities. Let us focus on the fond farewell for Rex Lapis."

He then asked you to help him borrow the cleansing bell from his friend, Madame Ping.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 7.2K 54
☾☾ 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 ☽☽ or Yo...
9.8K 283 22
' ' 𝒞𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓃𝒹, 𝓉𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 ' ' Torn apart during childhood, meet again 8 years later. Changed souls, wi...
308K 13.3K 53
. ݁ ، 𓂃 ⋆ ─ A RANNETT STORY. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢'𝐦 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝. 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐲 would like to chat! 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐲: hi.. 𝐛...
105K 3K 28
As the youngest daughter of the Hiiragi clan, y/n had a busy life. From a very young age her father, the Kanjou comissioner send her off to Sumeru to...