The Other Pack (completed)

By EricaStanciu

This is a sample. The whole book can be found on Amazon. Thank you! Whitney has the perfect life. She's datin... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 1

385K 1.6K 175
By EricaStanciu

This story is completed but these are just sample chapters. If you would like to read the whole novel you can purchase it on Amazon.com. The link is at the end of the last chapter. Thank you!

This book won't be posted on here anymore but if you would like to read some of my on going and completed work then check out Until Dawn. http://www.wattpad.com/story/3709147-until-dawn

I stared at myself in the vanity mirror and smiled wickedly. Lying directly next to it, in a beautiful silver picture frame, was a picture of my boyfriend. He was offering the photographer one of his dazzling smiles that not a single unmated female could resist.

I sighed loudly and ran my finger down the frame.

"This is a great year so far. I'm well-liked, my friends are amazing, coach made me the captain of the volleyball team, and my boyfriend is gorgeous."

What else could I possibly want? I thought.

My grin widened as my green eyes darkened. "There is one thing that trumps all that," I said, running my tongue over my sharpened teeth.

"On my eighteenth birthday I received the best gift of all; the ability to shift in the prettiest white wolf."

Did that sound vain? I thought. Probably but it was all true. I worked hard my whole life to obtain the status of perfect girl and there was no denying it.

"Whitney, who are you talking to? Come on, you're going to be late for school."

I sighed loudly and frowned as my eyes turned back to their original color. "Okay mom, I'll be out in a minute."

Mothers, especially mine, didn't understand the importance of teenage years. There was an appearance to be upheld, social status' to maintain, and the ability to hunt with her pack like she had been doing it her whole life.

I ran out of my room and heard a squeal as I felt myself slam into something. I quickly reached out and grabbed my little brother before he tumbled to his death.

"Mom, Whitney purposely pushed me down the stairs so she could show off her fast reflexes again."

"I did not!" I yelled, throwing him backwards into the hall. He let out a yelp of pain and immediately began to whimper.

"Oh grow up Scott," I hissed, flicking my dark hair in a dismissive manner.

My little brother stuck his tongue out at me and stood up to brush himself off. His eyes remained locked on the ground as he fidgeted with his button.

"You just wait till I'm a wolf. Then me and my friends will bite your head off."

I rolled my eyes, "It's 'my friends and I' Scott. Hopefully your I.Q. increases with the shifting but I really doubt it."

"You two knock it off! You're going to be late!" yelled my mother from downstairs. With my new heightened senses I could hear her impatiently tapping her foot on the tile floor. It was very annoying.

I made it down the stairs first, with Scott right behind me. He brought his lip up into a pout and held his arm in pain.

"Faker," I mumbled, giving him an annoyed glare.

"Whitney, how many times have I told you to leave your brother alone? Now that you can shift into a wolf you're much stronger than him. It's no longer a fair fight."

"It never was," I said, offering him a smirk. "Can we just go already? If I'm late one more time to my first period class my teacher will write me up."

I jumped into the front seat of our new car while Scott sulked his way into the back. He knew better than to give me a hard time for taking the front.

All the neighbors stared as we drove past. I knew they were looking at our car. My dad spent a fortune on it. Being a doctor did have its perks.

The ride on the way to school was the same as always. My mom complained about work while Scott and I pretended to listen. For only being thirteen, he was pretty smart. Although I would never admit that to him since his head might blow up. I smiled at the thought of his large head exploding. It was childish but I needed some kind of humor to keep me entertained.

My mom pulled over and unlocked the doors with a swipe of her finger. "Okay guys we're here. Have a good day and I love you both."

"Love you too," we muttered in unison.

We walked towards our separate groups and didn't once glance back at each other. Here we liked to pretend that neither of us were related.

Shannon and Ashley both ran up and gave me a hug. We had been friends since kindergarten and practically knew everything about each other. Besides, who else could know all your dirty secrets and still think highly of you. That was the honor code of best friends and we all lived up to it.

"Did you go hunting with Tommy last night?" asked Ashley, trying to hide her smile.

"Yes, but my parents ruined it by calling me in early. I hate this new rule of having to answer to my dad because he's the Alpha of our family. That was one perk of not being able to shift yet."

It was annoying having to obey my father but I secretly enjoyed his status. He was the Alpha of the whole pack which consisted of almost ten thousand shifters. It was the largest pack in the United States and gave her family a lot of power.

"Oh totally," said Shannon, looking exasperated. "The other night I went to a movie and my dad accidentally howled in his sleep. Well I got super embarrassed because I had no choice but to leave. I was so furious with him! He knows he's not supposed to fall asleep as a wolf."

Ashley and I let out a laugh, giving each other a quick glance. We tried to stifle it by putting our hands over our mouths but it was already too late. Shannon narrowed her eyes and took turns pointing a finger at each of us.

"Oh great guys," she snapped. "I'm glad you're making fun of me because my dad's a sleep howler."

"Oh Shannon lighten up. We were just playing," I said, giving her a friendly smile.

The both of us nudged her playfully until we saw a smile forming at the corner of her lips. It was always easy to make her forget about arguments. That's what I loved about these two girls. They never held grudges.

I walked into class just as the bell rang. Wow, that was a close one. A little too close since my teacher was giving me a withering look.

"Hurry up and take your seat Miss Moon," said the teacher as he tapped his pen on the desk.

I guess you could say our last name wasn't unique but I loved it. Moon was one of the oldest Wolf tribes in the city. We were the first people to make our way here and establish a home. Now the city of Brooks was entirely made of shifters. Not just any shifters but powerful wolf shifters. There were rumors that other types of shifters existed in the world but she didn't care enough to ask.

English seemed to drag on forever. I kept looking at the clock every five minutes just waiting for the bell to ring. Second period, lunch, and gym were my favorite. During those times I got to see my wickedly hot boyfriend Tommy.

I jumped at the sound of the bell and quickly gathered my things. Tommy was waiting for my in the hallway. His chocolate brown hair was falling gently over his warm eyes. He flicked his hair out of his eyes and gave me a breath taking smile.

"Hey babe," he said, absentmindedly dusting off the front of his letterman's jacket.

I could feel my heart melt at the sound of his deep voice. He wrapped his arm around my waist and gave me a kiss before we continued down the hall to second period.

Both of us entered the cooking class and set our stuff down. The teacher looked frazzled as usual, with her hair in a bun and an explosion of flour all over her body. She was a nice lady but gave off the impression as being a bit insane. That was probably due to the random white hand prints all over her body.

I loved this class. We usually spent about twenty minutes making some stupid dessert and then sat around doing nothing the rest of the time. This class was perfect for flirting with Tommy who was just as happy to return the favor.

"So are you going to the game tonight?" asked Tommy, casting me a sideways glance.

"Of course I am! It's the first game of the season. You know I never miss the first game."

Tommy had played football his whole life and had become the varsity quarterback when he was a freshman. This only added to his hotness.

"Okay cool. When should I pick you up?" he asked, laying out our dough on to the pan.

"Well, volleyball practice gets out at 4:30. Pick me up at 5:15. That should be plenty of time for us to get there since the game doesn't start until 6."

He lightly floured the cooking counter and smiled. "Perfect babe."

I walked over to the oven and set the timer for ten minutes. Since it was the first football game our school spirit was getting in the way of learning. Most classes, like this, were having us do something simple. Baking cookies was the easiest.

I glanced over at Tommy and gave him a wink. I'll be the first to admit, he is not one for words. In fact, I haven't heard him say more than four sentences in one breath unless it had to do with football. It didn't matter to me though, I was pretty sure I loved him and we were going to get married. Then I wouldn't have to follow my dad's dumb Alpha male rules. Tommy would be all mine and we would have smart, great looking kids.

Tommy shifted into a large gray wolf. We made the cutest couple when we hunted together. White and grey running in a fast blur. It was almost like ying and yang.

I gazed off at the far wall and smiled at the thought of our last hunting trip. After a few minutes of pretending to be away from this school I was rudely interrupted by the teacher screaming loudly.

"Whitney! Turn off the oven your cookies are burning!"

Shoot. If I wanted to become his wife I was going to have to work on that. "Sorry, Mrs. Jordan. It won't happen again."

She nodded and ran off, "Jessica, you're supposed to close the blender before you turn it on!"

Tommy and I finished our cookies in silence. He kept giving me that sexy look that always had my chest constricting.

After the bell rang he walked me to class and gave me a long, sweet kiss. The other girls pretended not to care but I could see their jealousy. It made our relationship even hotter to know that everyone wanted him but he was all mine.

"Hey Whitney!" said Ashley and Shannon in unison as they looped their arms through mine. The three of us headed into our most hated class, math. It's not that I wasn't good at it. Actually, I don't think I've gotten anything lower than an A in my life but, it really gave us no time to gossip.

We sat down as the bell rang and started taking notes. My stomach let out a low growl. I wish we didn't burn half of those cookies in second period; I'm starving and can't wait until lunch. Ever since my shifting abilities began showing at the age of eighteen, my appetite went through the roof. My dad said it was because I burned a lot of energy when I was running around as a wolf and using my new senses. That was another thing I hated about being a shifter, the constant hunger.

The bell rang and my friends and I gathered our things and left. We made our way to the lunch room as fast as we could. Since Shannon and Ashley were close in age with me, we all started turning into wolves at the same time. It's not usually the case but my mom said it had something to do with a scent we gave off. It triggered the transformation of the people we're usually around. The age difference wasn't much though. Shannon was five days younger than me and Ashley was seven.

Shannon had shifted into a pretty copper wolf while Ashley turned into a nice looking blonde wolf. I guess it suited them because that was their natural hair color but, my wolf transformation was a mystery to everyone except my parents. They knew I was different. I had long, shiny black hair and right green eyes. My color had no relation to me what so ever.

Every twenty years or so a white wolf was born. My parents were thrilled when they found out it was me but never gave me a reason why. My dad just kept saying, "You'll find out when you're older." Whatever, my color was awesome and being rare made it even more appealing.

We walked down the lunch line and my mouth began to water. I grabbed two cheeseburgers, three slices of pizza, two muffins, and some mixed vegetables. My other two friends did the same, Shannon grabbing two extra slices of pizza.

We found Tommy and headed over to his table. He gave me a quick kiss before turning his attention back to his friends. He was talking about the game tonight and there was no interrupting that. The three of us devoured our food within a matter of minutes and didn't look up until we were finished. Tommy would occasionally grab my hand but he knew better than to interrupt my eating. After a few moments of letting our food settle the three of us finally resumed talking.

"What are we doing after the game?" asked Ashley casually.

I rolled my eyes. She already knew the answer to that so why was she playing dumb?

"What do you think Ashley," hissed Shannon.

"Gosh you guys, I was just kidding. I know we're going hunting. I just wanted to make sure that we were still doing that."

Sure she did. What they both meant to ask was, "Will Tommy be there?" I pictured her saying this in a whiney voice and chuckled to myself. They both wanted Tommy. Well, everyone wanted Tommy. I wouldn't be surprised if a few guys did too. You never know, right?

Too bad for them. Tommy was all mine but I wasn't the only lucky one. With my Alpha blood he could potentially become pack leader. This would take place after he challenged my father. Of course that would have to mean that I accepted him as my mate. Then again, who wouldn't want to be his mate after he became a huge football star?

The bell rang and almost scared me out of my chair. Shannon and Ashley giggled and I shot them a gut melting stare. That's another perk to becoming a wolf. Every time I gave people that dominant stare they always backed down. I call it gut melting because that's how my little brother tells me it feels. He says his insides feel like they're turning into liquid.

They both glanced nervously at their feet before saying goodbye and heading down the hall. I walked over to my locker and screamed at the top of my lungs when a slimy green frog jumped out. The sound of snickering to my right made me snap my head in that direction. I tried hard to control my wolf who was begging to defend me. My brother and his friends quickly shut up, a few of them pretending to cough.

"Scott," I growled, marching over to him. I could feel my fangs hanging over the bottom of my lip. "If you ever do that again I will make you eat whatever you put in my locker."

"Oh come on Whitney it was just a joke," he said nervously scratching the top of his head.

"Right, and my friends and I will think it's really funny when you eat small animals or inanimate objects."

I smiled a bit as a small chuckle escaped the mouths of his friends. Scott turned on his heel and stormed off looking utterly defeated. Good, served him right for making my wolf almost come out. That would be a disaster.

The rest of the day seemed to go pretty quickly considering the fact that I was extremely excited for the football game. I walked over to the locker room and threw on my volleyball uniform. Getting some aggression out was going to be fantastic. The team turned to look at me as I made my way to the field. They snapped to attention as I started yelling out stretches. Of course they listened to me. I was captain and deserved the position since I was the best damn person on the team.

Practice was great. The team seemed better than ever this year and I was pretty sure we were going to win the state title. The stupid team from Bakers Grove beat us last time but that was before I was able to shift. Now with my extra strength and speed there was no way we could lose.

I didn't have any homework tonight so I decided to run home in wolf form. My teachers knew that even if they assigned it, no one would do it. The first football game was a big deal in our city.

I walked into the locker room and carefully folded my clothes. I placed all my belongings in a little blue bag that had four straps on it. I slung it over my shoulders and exploded into my beautiful white wolf.

A small yelp escaped my lips as the straps dug into my fur. All the running and exercising had really made my wolf gain muscle. Next time I would remember to get a bigger bag.

I ran out of the back of the locker room and through the football field. A few people waved at me and one girl even turned into a wolf and howled. Poor thing just destroyed her volleyball outfit. Oh well, I couldn't help it. My Alpha blood really caused their wolves to become excited. Some had more control than others and clearly she didn't.

I made it home in record time and plopped myself down in front of the door. A loud screech could be heard through the whole house as I let both paws crash carelessly across the door. I felt a wolfy grin make its way across my face as I heard the frantic noises of my mother.

"Oh for heaven's sake Whitney get in the house."

I licked her hand and rolled to the left, successfully dodging a spatula to the head. With one last bark I ran up the stairs and didn't look back.

"Whitney I swear you're going to get it later. I told you to quit licking me!"

I turned back into human form and laughed. My mom hated when I did that but getting her pissed off was just way too easy. I looked at the clock and made a run for the shower. I only had twenty five minutes until Tommy was here. That wasn't enough time to look stunning but looking hot was do-able.

I was putting on the last bit of my makeup when there was a soft knock at the door. I looked out the window and saw Tommy's car sitting out on our street.

"Oh come in honey. She's still upstairs getting ready. I'll go grab her," said my mom.

Oh no she wasn't! I knew she was going to pay me suffer for licking her and give me a big lecture on safe sex, even though I knew the repercussions. My father had gone over it a million times just like all parents do. He was especially strict because I was the Alpha's daughter.

I looked in the mirror and waved my finger mockingly, "Whitney be careful. When you're not expecting it, your blood will call to your mate and then it's all over."

It was explained to me that the mate connection was completed by having intercourse. My parents didn't need to worry about that because I was saving myself for Tommy. Both of us knew that prom was going to be the night. It was going to be perfect.

I ran downstairs as my wolf ears picked up my mother approaching the steps. I flew past her and she had to steady herself on the railing so her feet wouldn't give out. I could feel her angry eyes on my back but didn't care.

"Come on Tommy let's go," I mumbled, grabbing his large hand. "Bye Mom!"

I knew I was going to get an earful when I got home so that meant having a good time was essential. Being rude to my Mother would probably get me grounded but I didn't care. My senior year was going to be full of amazing memories and she wasn't going to mess that up.

We arrived a little before five thirty. Tommy gave me a passion filled kiss then headed towards the locker room.

Did I mention that I loved him?

I met Shannon and Ashley at the doors to the stands. The three of us looped arms and walked in together. I could hear the angry clucking as girlfriends had to physically tug on their boyfriend's faces to keep them from string at us. The attention was unwarranted but still welcome however, Tommy had nothing to worry about. I wasn't a cheater and never would be.

"Ow! What the..." a wad of paper hit my head. I turned and ducked as an apple was about to smash into my face.

"Scott, what the hell! I will literally kill you...where did you get the apple from?"

My little brother fluttered his eyes at me and gave his waist a squeeze. "I'm trying to watch my girlish figure and an apple seemed lie the best decision."

I rolled my eyes and threw the apple back. It landed directly in the center of his chest and exploded. This sent Ashley and Shannon into a fit of giggles. I grinned and winked at Scott who was now fuming. Poor guy; I gave him hell and knew he would return the favor once he was able to shift.

The game was a nail biter to say the least. It was a close but Tommy ran in the last play for a touchdown. He looked up at me and smiled. My heart skipped a beat as I waved back.

After the game we all got into our cars and drove to our usual spot. The edge of the woods was where we always hung out. We would all horse around and sometimes even go for a quick run. I loved these nights.

"Here babe," said Tommy, tossing me a beer.

I caught it and snapped open the top before anyone could blink an eye. That whole scene made me look like a pro but in reality I was a light weight, even with my shifter blood. After this beer I would be singing the latest pop song and trying to kill the nearest fury animal. This was definitely my liquid courage.

"Alright who's going in...what was I saying," Ashley stood there scratching her head. She had started on the vodka first and it was clearly affecting her.

This sent me rolling on the ground in a fit of laughter. Just like me, none of my friends could really hold their alcohol. Even being shifters, we rarely drank, so that meant our blood didn't burn it as fast as a seasoned shifter.

Ashley folded her arms and frowned at me. "That's not funny Whitney. I just forgot what I was going to say for one second."

"Wow Ashley that's all? You don't even have to be drunk to do that one," I gasped, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"You just think you're so cool don't you? Well How about you run past the limits into the Other's woods? Let's see how cool you are then," she snapped, her eyes gleaming with a challenging look.

Everyone became silent and focused their attention on me. My Alpha blood began to boil and I knew I couldn't back down. Well, maybe that was some of the alcohol talking too but either way I was doing it.

"Fine. Anyone coming with me?" I asked, shooting up from the ground.

Tommy shrugged, "I'll come to the edge with you but that's all I'll do."

"Sounds great," I said sarcastically.

I released my wolf and let out a howl. My clothes had exploded but I didn't even care. No one challenged me and got away with it. The other wolves followed suit and we all began our short walk to the limits. I glanced around nervously as we approached the fence. I didn't feel so great right now. The combination of alcohol and a nervous stomach was making me sick. Throwing up in wolf form would be very embarrassing though so I swallowed hard against the fear and took a shaky step forward.

We were forbidden to go past the limits. While my people had moved their pack to the city there were still wild shifters that lived in the woods. I was told that they were merciless, disgusting, savage beasts who had no regard for life. They constantly fought with the surrounding packs but never with us. Although I had never seen my father fight I knew he was powerful. The Other packs could sense this and never tried to interfere with ours.

Shannon and Ashley started yipping in laughter. Without thinking I jumped over the fence and headed to a nearby tree. All the noise stopped as my fellow pack members stared at me. I showed them. Now no one could say that I backed down from a challenge.

I heard a branch snap behind me and turned to find two bright green eyes staring into mine. A huge black wolf stepped forward and let out a deep growl. I turned to run and smashed my head into the nearby tree. I looked at my friends as I was slowly fading in and out of consciousness and barked for help. Tommy was the first to run the other direction and leave me stranded there. I was sinking fast and in trouble but there was nothing I could do. In a few anxiety filled moments my whole world went black.

"She smells good sir, what do we do?" asked a large male shifter.

"Pick her up and take her back to our camp. I think we just found our girl."

The first male grinned stupidly and picked me up in a hurry.

"I swear if you hurt her I will kill you," snapped the leader.

He looked at the ground and nodded.

"Good, now get out of here. I want to make sure we're not followed"

The man with the green eyes smiled to himself as he watched her being carried off in the direction of their pack's camp.

"Perfect," he whispered before shifting into a black wolf and catching up to the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...
3.1M 130K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.5M 103K 197
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
618K 31.2K 32
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...