Fear of Intimacy

By OutOfMyLimit17

{BOOK 2 OF THE 'FALLING SERIES'} Tasha Davis wants the type of love her best friend has. The all consuming... More

A/N
Chapter 1.....
Chapter 2....
Chapter 3....
Chapter 4....
Chapter 5....
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7....
Chapter 8....
Chapter 9.....
Chapter 10...
Chapter 11...
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13...
Chapter 14....
Chapter 15....
Chapter 16....
Chapter 17....
Chapter 18....
Chapter 19....
Chapter 20....
Chapter 21....
Chapter 22...
Chapter 23...
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25...
Chapter 26...
Chapter 27....
Chapter 28....
Chapter 29...
Chapter 30....
Chapter 31....
Chapter 33....
Chapter 34....
Chapter 35....
A/N
Bonus Chapter 1...
Bonus Chapter 2...
Playlist

Chapter 32....

12.9K 607 27
By OutOfMyLimit17

Tasha

Trevor looked down right sexy in an all black suit. I've never seen him in all black but damn did it fit him so well. I swear the suit was glued to his body. The jacket fit his upper body so well, hugging those big biceps. He left the collar open, a tiny bit of his tattoo peeking out. His black slacks showing off those powerful legs.

The only thought I had was how bad I wanted to wrap myself around him.

It's been the longest week of my life. I knew it was healthy for us to spend some time apart and not spend every waking moment together. But that didn't mean I didn't hate it. Waking up beside Trevor has become one of my favorite things.

I had to force myself to stay where I was so I didn't run towards him. But with each step towards me all I wanted to do was launch myself at my boyfriend. Claim him in front of everyone in this room. My parents included.

When he was only a foot away I lost the little bit of control I had. With two quick steps I was directly in front of him. Not giving a rats ass about who was watching, I grabbed the front of his suit and yanked him down to my level. Even in my 6 inch heels he had to bend over a little bit.

The moment my lips landed on his, all my doubts and worries vanished. When he wasn't answering my texts my first thought was that something bad had happened. But seeing him here in one piece eased all those fears. I wouldn't be able to handle it if something happened to him.

The amount of intensity that Trevor kissed me back with let me know he missed me just as much as I did. No matter how bad I want to make out with him, right now was probably not the time. Pulling back Trevor softly cupped my cheeks, tilting my head back a little to look at him.

"You're here."

"I'm sorry I'm late. I'll explain later but I'm sorry." Trevor spoke softly.

"I'm just glad you are here." For some reasons tears pricked the sides of my eyes. His thumbs brushed along my cheeks.

"You look absolutely breath-taking, sunshine." I watched as his lips quirked up. "Can't wait to peel you out of that dress later." His words lit my entire body up.

"I look forward to it." The look that passed over his face had my lower belly tightening. Maybe we could leave right now. That thought flew out the window when I heard my mother say my name from behind me.

Trevor sent me an encouraging smile as he grabbed my hand. It won't be that bad Tasha. With a deep breath I turned and squeezed Trevor's hand, facing my parents.

"Mom, Dad. This is Trevor Hall. Trevor these are my parents-Robert and Jennifer Davis."

"Nice to meet you." Trevor reached out to shake my parents hands. I gritted my teeth at the way they seemed to look down at him. Trevor didn't seem fazed though.

"Nice to meet you as well." My father shook his hand, at least looking somewhat friendly. Unlike my mother who shook his hand like he was going to give her rabies.

"My daughter hasn't told us much about you."

"We've kept our relationship pretty private." Trevor swooped in to say before I could open my mouth. "We both don't like outside forces trying to get in the way."

I had to fight my hardest to keep the proud smile off my face. His comment may come off as innocent but it was clearly a jab at my parents. A jab my mother clearly heard as her eyes narrowed at him slightly.

"Tasha tells us you had a hockey game today and you still made it here." My father butted in. For the first time I was so close to kissing him for changing the subject.

"I did. We've had games all week in the U.S and we just landed a little bit ago."

"I hear your team is fairly good."

"They are the reigning Cup Championships. I don't think 'good' is the right word." I interjected.

"Is that all you do? Play hockey?" My mother asked, using the same tone she does with me when she talks about my job. If it wasn't for Trevor's grip on my hand I'm pretty sure I would have snapped out a reply.

"I also invested in some companies outside of hockey." Along with my parents, my eyebrows raised in surprise. I didn't know that.

"Oh. What companies?" Of course that got my fathers attention.

"Techscape, Medical Platinum, and NonProfits Secure." Trevor listed off. Growing up with parents like mine, I knew exactly what those companies were and they weren't no small companies either.

The fact that Trevor has invested in them was impressive. And just showed his net worth was rival to most of the people in this room. I've never, and will never, ask Trevor how much money he has but I know his hockey contract is one of the biggest in the League. Add in three of the biggest companies in the world...yeah he has some money.

I watched him converse with my dad like a pro. Trevor has always been a people person. He pays attention to what the person is saying and easily asks questions. I knew he was nervous meeting my parents tonight but standing here he's exuding confidence. It's attractive as hell.

After they talked for a good ten minutes I interrupted them. Lacing my arm through his I softly squeezed.

"I'm going to take him to get a drink." I wanted a moment away from my parents to talk to Trevor. Before either could say anything I was tugging Trevor away towards the bar, by passing the tables all around us.

Eyes followed us as we crossed the floor. I felt smug as hell at the fact that Trevor was hanging off my arm. No one here had a date that equaled mine.

"If you were a peacock your feathers would be out."

Peacocks are known for puffing out their feathers when they strut by for attention. I felt no shame as I did it now walking past people.

"Sometimes you got to give the people a little show." I shrugged with a smirk.

"Mmhm." Trevor replied with his own smirk.

After we ordered a drink I turned to face Trevor, still keeping an hand on him. Like I had to keep making sure he was really here.

"I'm glad you made it." I spoke softly.

"I'm incredibly sorry I was late. The plane took forever to take off, then we couldn't get off the plane because of stuff on the runway. And then my phone died." Trevor rattled off, almost like he thought I would be angry.

"I'm not mad." I stepped closer to him, running my hand up to his cheek. "I'm just glad you were okay." My thumb brushed against his jaw that was smooth to the touch. I had to admit I already missed the slight stubble. He was definitely going to grow that back.

"You didn't have to come, you know." I would have been hurt but I would have understood.

"Of course I did. I'll always be here." He leaned his face into my hand. "Couldn't leave you alone with these people. Did you see the lady in the feathers?" I laughed at the way his eyes widened.

"You haven't seen the lady dressed in the snake skin yet."

"What did you drag me into."

"We don't have to be here too much longer. Have to wait for my parents speech and who bid the biggest."

"Well," Trevor grabbed his beer with one hand and extended his other one to me. "lets go be the hottest couple in this room."

With a wide grin I placed my hand in his. There is no one else I'd rather be at this gala with.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Save me." Trevor mouthed from across the ballroom. I grinned, completely ignoring the conversation going on around me.

A little bit ago Trevor got snatched up by Mrs. Hans and dragged around to talk to different people. When I went to try and help he waved me off saying he was fine. That was half hour ago and was clearly wishing he had taken me up on it. Now he was stuck talking to strangers about business.

I nodded along to whatever someone was saying beside me but I kept my eyes on Trevor. I wasn't going to drop him head first into the wolves. Although I found it a bit comical watching him shift on his feet in discomfort. Slight payback for being late.

After the fifth pleading look he sent my way I finally relented. Poor guy has been on his own long enough. Opening my mouth to excuse myself I noticed moved a figure heading towards my boyfriend.

I stilled noticing exactly who it was. I watched as Alexa Blackwood walked up to my boyfriend smiling. The grip on my glass became so tight I wouldn't be surprised if it broke.

I trusted Trevor. I just didn't trust Alexa. Knowing her she'll do something to start to rumor mill going. Have everyone believe I'm just using Trevor for his money, or that I cheated on him, or that he cheated on me with her. Whatever it is will be so far from the truth.

Every part of me screamed to go over there but I stayed where I was. Trevor can handle himself. But the moment she tries something you can bet your ass I will be right there.

People were talking all around but I didn't hear a single word. My eyes glued to the girl who was now introducing herself to my boyfriend. I watched as she smiled up at him with her 'fake good girl' smile as she touched his arm.

I could see Trevor's polite smile as he greeted her back but I could tell he was only saying hello to be nice. Alexa kept talking, keeping that annoying ass smile on her face as she did so. I wanted nothing more than to walk over there and slap it off her face.

Trevor said something making Alexa throw her head back laughing loudly. I noticed a few heads turned to look at the pair which just made me clench my glass that much tighter. I doubt whatever he said was that funny.

Red was clouding my vision the longer the two spoke. I didn't want to cause a scene but if the bitch put another hand on my man I was going to lose my shit. When I saw Alexa step closer to Trevor, gripping his bicep the control I had on myself snapped.

I knew better than to stomp over there and do something stupid to cause a scene. On the outside I was calm as I excused myself from the group around me. I quickly drank the rest of my wine and handed it to a waiter as I slowly walked towards Trevor and Alexa.

My heels clicked on the marble as jealous flared in my chest. Trevor was mine. Mine to touch, to kiss, to have. Apparently someone didn't get the message earlier but they will now.

I've never felt this kind of jealous before. Especially not with a guy. Yes, seeing someone flirt with a past boyfriend didn't sit well. Or seeing them after we broke up with someone else. But it's never felt like this. Like molten rage under my skin.

As I neared the pair Trevor's eyes landed on me over Alexa's head. I didn't miss the look of relief on his face. It did little to calm the hurricane brewing inside of me. I wanted to go right up to Alexa and shove her but I suppressed the urge.

The sound of my heels seemed to echo around me, heads turning to the sound.

"There you are." I spoke as I walked around Alexa, going straight to Trevor's side and lacing my arm through his. I looked up at his face but from the corner of my eye I caught Alexa's smile vanishing; her eyes narrowing at me.

"Oh I see you two have met." I looked at Alexa with the fakest smile I could muster. I hope she could see the snarl resting underneath.

"Alexa was just telling me how you two are friends." Trevor supplied.

"Oh really?"

"Tasha and I go way back." Alexa grinned at Trevor. "We were thick as thieves back in the day."

I didn't like the way she was looking at Trevor. Like she was picturing what he looked like underneath his suit. Unfortunately for her she'll never know. What I was about to say was a bitch move but I couldn't stand being next to Alexa any longer.

"We were. Right before you snuck into my phone and shared half naked pictures of myself to the entire school." I said it so casually, like I was talking about the weather. "Oh and before you slept with my boyfriend." The first boy who I ever truly liked.

Alexa had been sleeping over at my house that night. When I went to go shower she grabbed my phone and went through my private pictures I had taken. Pictures I took in the safety of my bedroom. Some for my boyfriend at the time and some just because I felt sexy in them. There's nothing wrong in taking sexy pictures that you feel confident in. Somehow she managed to send them to herself and cover it.

It wasn't until a week later did I walk into school with every person looking at me whispering. Alexa paid someone to send my pictures to everyone, and I mean everyone, along with photos of her with my boyfriend. The two seeing each other behind my back for months.

I had to walk the halls of school with everyone laughing, whispering, judging. While Alexa stood there grinning with her arm around my boyfriend. Acting like she won some huge prize.

There is almost nothing worse than having who you thought was your best friend ruin your life. Someone you trusted to go behind your back and do something so disgusting.

All I wanted to do was run home and cry. Everything in my life had been turned upside down. I lost my boyfriend, who I really did think I loved. And lost my best friend. I knew Alexa wanted that reaction out of me. Wanted me to start crying right there in the middle of the hallway for all to see. But I did the exact opposite. Doing exactly what my mother had taught me for years.

I straightened my back, ignored everyone around me, and walked to class like nothing was wrong. Like I wasn't breaking on the inside.

In the end my indifference to it pissed Alexa off even more and even gained me some new friends.

"Such close friends." My voice dripped with honey. I could feel Trevor's eyes on me as I narrowed mine at Alexa. I took a tiny step towards her. The look on my face making her take one back.

"Don't even think about touching what's mine. I have no problem ruining your life like you did mine all those years ago. Just a simple click of a button could have everyone in here knowing about your affairs."

Once more Alexa's face paled at my words. There really was something wrong with me as I soaked up the expression on her face.

Giving her one last warning look I tugged on Trevor arm, leading us away from Alexa Blackwood. If she's smart she'll leave me and Trevor the hell alone.

"Well that was..." Trevor trailed off as we walked across the marble floor, going over to stand near a wall away from everyone.

"She's lucky I didn't do anything more for touching you." I muttered.

"Jealously looks stunning on you, sunshine." Trevor leaned down and whispered in my ear.

Tilting my head back slightly I looked up at him.

"No one touches what's mine. Especially not her." I bared my teeth.

Trevor's hand came up and grabbed the side of my neck, thumb resting below my chin. Bending slightly his lips hovered over mine.

"I'm all yours baby. Forever."

Forever isn't long enough to be with Trevor Hall. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.9K 398 41
She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will it push them together?
931K 27K 66
COMPLETED - It's puck at first sight for Jules Martin, when his gaze falls on Luna Larsson at his first College ice hockey game with a new team. The...
484K 14.4K 76
Jade Fernwood is finishing her senior year at October Academy, notorious boarding school for the filthy rich. Jade knows she doesn't belong there, be...
657K 19.8K 42
2021 Watty's Shortlist! *Mostly edited* T/W: physical abuse "Why did you sign me up for Tinder?" I roll my eyes, "Why else do you think? To get you a...