WITH THINGS WE CAN'T HAVE

By MrsMolinaaa

๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐‹๐ข๐ฅ๐š๐ง ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ... More

Introduction
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER THREE

19 0 0
By MrsMolinaaa

I'M HERE FOR YOU.

I managed to spend as much of my free time with Kendall as possible,  we had a good couple of days together.

And we used all the time we had driving around listening to old music,  eating,  and chilling around the house.

We did whatever we felt until she had work. 

though I still hadn't mentioned what her brother had told me.  I felt that she wasn't ready to talk about anything and I didn't want to push her into saying a thing.

When she is ready to speak she'll tell me everything,  but only when she is ready to I won't be that friend that just dumps a load on her and then forces her to have to tell me everything.

That wouldn't be right at all. 

But for the next day, Kendall will be out of town visiting her grandmother probably to keep her up to date with her father's situation so I'm my mother's helper til then.

I aided my mother with her fundraiser at the local elementary school which to my surprise was considerate and wholesome.  

We both arranged fun games for the kids,  I helped get food stands set up along with my sister who did the bare minimum.

Didn't surprise me in the slightest.

"A little to the left!"  my mother shouted from across the blacktop,  I could hear my sister snicker behind me.

I shifted the little snow cone machine to the left and looked at my mother,  "Is this fine?" She nodded her head and went back to fixing the deserts on the large table in front of her.

Letting out a breath I took a seat next to my sister,   "How long has everyone known Kenneth had cancer?"   I spoke calmingly.

A small smile appeared on my sister's face as she moved closer to me on the bench.

"Six months,"   I felt my hands trembling as her words hit me, hard.

"And no one thought to say anything to me?" My breath started to become shaky as I thought back to all the months Kendall pretended to be fine.

She listened to all my nonsense, even when she and her family were experiencing the worst part of life.

"We waited for Kendall... I figured she would say something."   My jaw clenched.

"Well, she didn't... Victor had to."   A tear slipped down my cheek.

"I'm sorry,  I know it hurts but Kendall was just so depressed by everything happening that it was just too much for her to talk about."   My sister's hand came to mine.

"I'm glad Victor said something so she wouldn't have to."  my sister added.

"Poor Kenneth... He is such an amazing person why do the worst things happen to the best people?"  I felt tears running down my cheeks a little squeeze came from my sister's hand. 

"That's just life sissy,"  she laid my head on her shoulder,  "He will be okay,  the angels are on his side." 

I cracked at her words and the tears just kept coming.    We stayed in that space for a while inviting the silence until our mother was finished with her assignment for the day.

The sun started to set so we all made our way to the car to leave.  Halfway home, I began to think of a way to cheer the James family up.

"We should invite the James over for Sunday dinner?"  I looked over at my mother in the driver's seat and she smiled.

"I think that's a wonderful idea." 

"Me too!"  my sister clapped her hands together,  "We could make that turkey in the freezer?  After all Kenneth's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving." 

"Oh yes, that's a great idea!"  me and my mom said in union.

-

Saturday night going into Sunday.

I felt as if I hadn't gotten enough sleep since I had been back at home. Which was very true. 

I was so busy with tasks and keeping an eye on my best friend when I was around and the Sunday dinner I planned that it was all starting to get to me. 

I have been getting more and more headaches and my insomnia was kicking my ass. 

Though I was grateful Everyone in the house helped out with the food preparation for tomorrow night, it was tiring, but I knew it would pay off in the end.

I put the stuffed turkey in the fridge and placed the mashed potatoes beside it. 

"Hmmm, I can't wait! Thanksgiving in summer? This is the best thing ever!"  my nephew jumped to look at all the food on the countertop.

"Okay,  Jay you need to go back into the living room,  me and your Auntie have to finish this before Kendall pops up."   My sister shooed her son off to the other room.

Before he leaves I sneak him a sugar cookie which he happily takes and runs with.

"You spoil that boy."  My sister groaned.

I shrugged my shoulders and went back to packing the fridge.   After I had everything tucked away I sat next to my sister who had a martini in hand. 

"Ouu can I have a tiny sip?"   She rolled her eyes and gave me the glass filled with adult juice.

I took a sip and handed the glass back to her before our mother stopped in the kitchen and yelled at us both.   I know I'm old enough to drink but my mother hates it and I'm the goodie-goodie so I don't wanna disappoint her.

"Go get some sleep,  sis."   I nodded towards my sister and gave her a big hug before making my way to the upstairs.   I desperately needed rest, especially for tomorrow.

My mother of course thinks I've gotten plenty to be able to keep up with her tight nit agenda, which barely gave me time to eat or shower.

I had set my alarm for five o'clock so I could be able to do the things I had to do but even then I would be rushed out of the house afterward.

I love my mother I do but when she was in this mindset of getting things accomplished it always drove me insane, She'd been this way since my father left shortly over a year ago.

I think it was to keep her mind off the things happening around her. 

I left for college just before then and my poor sister was left to care for our fragile mother, I felt terrible for leaving but I knew if I didn't go I would regret it more than anything.

So I left.

I quickly brushed my teeth in the shared bathroom and made my way to bed.

The next morning my mother had me up at the crack of dawn and in her office before seven am.

I've been dazed since I got here not to mention the hours seemed to be going by slowly

I shook my head taking me back to the task I had in front of me. The stacks of thick books and piles of paper weren't going to sort themselves.

I placed everything in an orderly fashion and set the important things on my mother's desk but the books unfortunately had to be taken back to the library, Luckily the library was just down the street across from the school.

"Ma I'll be back!"  I shouted.

I grabbed the books and tossed my purse over my shoulder before leaving the building.

My trip was quick and by the time I got back, My mother was cleaning up her desk and looked to be done for the day.

My excitement leveled up but slowly went back down when I heard the glass doors shift open.

Damn...

To my luck there stood my best friend and Victor, My face relaxed when I saw it was only them who had come in,  I offered a sweet smile.

"Good Afternoon." I said politely, "What brings you in today." I grabbed the sign-in sheet and binder that held appointments just in case it was needed.

Victor ignored me and started to move around me towards my mother's office.

Well, than...

"Victor has a meeting with your mother." Kenny took a seat on the lobby sofa. "I however tagged along so I could see you! Wanna go out tonight?"

She put her hands together begging me,  I laughed at her child-like state.

I turned to Victor who was already in my mother's office discussing their arrangements.

I signed him in put the paper and binder back on my desk and filled out a sheet for my mother's next appointment tomorrow morning. 

She was a professional planner which meant she could quite literally plan multiple things at once and still be organized.

"You coming over for Sunday dinner?"   I asked Kendall. 

"Well duh,"  she slapped my shoulder,  "I would never miss it," 

"Okay,  well bring everyone."   Her face fell but picked back up seconds later and nodded toward me in agreement.

"So how are you with the busy schedule?"  Kendall asked me, She leaned back in the chair staring at me.

I signed exhausted. 

"I'm just going with the flow,"  I motioned my hands in a wave-like manner. 

She laughed,  "well be sure to get some sleep tonight, We can reschedule are clubbing date for another day since we have dinner arrangements already," 

I smiled immediately at her response because I damn well needed some more time to sleep.

"Okay, well come around the house at 5ish." I waver my hand in front of myself, towards Kenny.

She nodded her head but something was off with her after I invited the James family to dinner she just seemed to back off from me and I wondered if it was because her father was sick and she hadn't said a word to me about it yet?

It didn't matter what the issue was because I would never judge her on anything especially when it came to her in general. 

She was my soul sister. 

"Hey Kenny? You know I'm here for you right?" I smiled and took ahold of her hand to make sure it sunk in that not mater what I was here for her.

Kendall's eyes started to water at my words and she gripped my hand harder then I gripped hers.

"I know,"  a few tears slipped down her cheek and she wiped them away,  "look at me crying for no reason!  Ugh I'm just a baby." 

She laughed out her words but deep down I knew she was hurting so much more than she was leading on.  

I have her a half smile. 

Should I say something?  Maybe I should?  To make it less hard on her?  But would that be arrogant of me... or would it be me being a good friend? 

I guess it didn't matter because I needed to say my peace.   My best friend was in so much pain and I could visibly see it even if Kendall didn't want me to,  I seen it anyways.

I made my mind up,  I'll speak with her after dinner. 

Hopefully later tonight everything goes well, The James family needs a little lifting up, and my family will make surethat happeneds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 112 19
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–+| I was said to be ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐๐š๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ž๐, ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก๐ฒ, ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž... ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž. I had heard it so much...
673K 16.1K 61
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...
426K 11.8K 35
"So?" He looked confused. "She's y- your-" I gulped. "My what Aurora?!" He exclaimed angrily. I jumped. "Don't raise your voice at me! She's your dau...