Daughter of the Night [A Twis...

By Expecto_fandom89

[Malleus Draconia x reader] Y/N of House Umbra has a strange unique magic. It splits her into two people, one... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
C'est Fini!
A/N
A/N

Epilogue

1.1K 57 12
By Expecto_fandom89

. . . FIVE YEARS LATER . . .

"LONG LIVE THE KING!" 

Cheers erupted around the hall as the new king of Briar Valley rose to his feet, holding a sceptre in one hand, and waving to the adoring crowd with the others.

"ALL HAIL KING MALLEUS DRACONIA!"

The crowd repeated the words back to the officiator, and the cheers continued as Malleus smiled at the crowd. He had dreamed of this day for what felt like ages. The day when he would finally be crowned king, no longer a mere prince still forced to obey the rules set by his late mother. Now, he was a king. Now, he had a say in his life. 

One cheer echoed above the others, and Malleus glanced over to the side of the dais where the love of his life was standing. A wide smile was adorning her lips, and Malleus felt his heart swell when he noticed the bundle in her arms. It had been a year since they married, and though Malleus had thought that his wedding was the happiest day of his life, nothing could compare to the day his daughter was born. 

Malleus stepped down from the dais, and as the guests started to make their way to the ballroom where they would continue to celebrate the rest of the coronation, Malleus made his way over to his wife. He handed the sceptre over to a servant and opened his arms wide. Y/N nearly sprinted into his arms, though she was careful not to crush their six-month-old treasure. 

"Hello, my love," Malleus whispered, brushing a few strands of hair away from Y/N's face. She had gotten all dolled up for the coronation, as she was now his queen, but even she, in all her immortal beauty, could hold all her hair in place. Especially when caring for a fussy infant. 

There was a small sound from the bundle in Y/N's arms, and Malleus turned his gaze to his daughter, his eyes glowing with love as he watched his daughter. They had named her Acantha, as she was now the heir to the throne of thorns. He gently moved the threads of the blanket aside, his thumb ever so gently caressing the top of his daughter's head. She babbled at his touch, and Malleus thought as though he might melt right then and there as she reached up and gently curled her tiny fist around his finger.

Y/N watched the interaction with a blissful smile and leaned into her husband's chest. For so long, she had fought to be by his side. She had suffered for years without him. She had endured her power being stripped away from her. But it was all worth it. She had the love of her life, and she had a daughter that she loved more than the moon and the stars above. And even Luna and Nox agreed that little Acantha was one they would guard for the rest of their lives. The little princess would never be aware of the fact that she had two guardians watching out for her, but they would stay by her side when her mother could not. 

Y/N gazed up at her husband and shifted Acantha to a single arm. She reached up and gently caressed Malleus' cheek with the backs of her fingers, smiling when she met his eyes.

"What is it," he asked in a soft voice. 

"Nothing," Y/N hummed, stretching up to press her lips to his jaw. "I just love you so much, my love."

"And I love you, my darling," Malleus answered as he always did. He wound his arms around Y/N's waist and pulled her close. His lips brushed over hers, a mere shadow of the kisses that they had shared in the privacy of their bed chamber, but still just as powerful and passionate. Y/N felt a shiver run through her body as she felt the warm breath of the king on her lips and the gentle swipe of his tongue as it danced across her lip. Her eyes fluttered shut and her lips parted as she waited for him to kiss her, but Malleus pulled away a moment later, a teasing light in his eyes.

"Sorry, my darling, but we must go and attend the banquet. Our people will want to see us."

Y/N sighed. "I suppose I could wait." She shot up and quickly pecked Malleus on the nose. "If you promise to make it up to me." And she strode off without another word, her lady-in-waiting trailing after her. 

Malleus watched, amused, as his wife entered the ballroom, and was greeted by a loud round of applause. It was no secret that the people adored Y/N, and as much as they loved her, they loved their daughter tenfold. As Malleus neared the door, he could hear the guests murmuring about how cute his daughter was, and how she took after her mother, with her lovely cheeks, and gorgeous eyes.

A few hours later, Malleus and Y/N were standing by their daughter's crib, Malleus watching as Y/N gently rocked their daughter to sleep, singing softly to her, of far-off places, magical lands, and a mystery. 

"Where the Northwind, meets the sea. There's a river, full of memory. Sleep my darling, safe and sound. For in this river, all is found. In her waters, deep and true. Lie the answers and a path for you. Dive down deep into her sound, but not too far or you'll be drowned. Yes, she will sing to those who hear, and in her song, all magic flows. But can you brave what you most fear, can you face, what the river knows? Where the Northwind meets the sea. There's a mother, full of memory. Come, my darling, homeward bound. When all is found, and all is found."

Malleus watched in awe as Y/N gently lowered Acantha into the crib, tucking the blanket in around her. She bent down over the side and lay a gentle kiss on her daughter's forehead. Then, she stood and turned to Malleus. 

Feeling as though he might combust, Malleus took his wife's hands in his own and pulled her close, finally giving her the kiss that she had been longing for since the throne room. He held her completely flush against him, and in the light of the moon, the two memorised the gentle caress of each other's lips and the dips and curves of each other's bodies. Y/N lifted her hands to Malleus' shoulders, holding him gently as he wound his arms around her waist. As the kiss progressed, Y/N lifted her hands to his hair, pulling the crown from his ebony locks, and setting it down on the table beneath the window. He wouldn't need it any more tonight. 

Malleus pulled away from the kiss and rested his forehead against Y/N's, his breath catching in his throat. He loved this woman. He loved her so much it felt impossible. How could one person love someone as much as he loved this woman? If anyone had asked him to describe it, he knew that he wouldn't be able to. He couldn't pick just one thing that he loved about her. He loved absolutely everything about her. He loved all her faults, all her dreams, and for all her ambitions. He loved her for everything she was. 

Y/N pressed her lips to Malleus' again, her arms winding around his neck. Not as though Malleus wanted to be anywhere else but right there with Y/N in his arms, her lips pressed against his, and his heart feeling as though it might suddenly burst into violent white flames. His senses were completely consumed by Y/N. He could hear nothing but her soft moans, he could taste nothing but her lips, and he could feel nothing but the warmth of her body and the gentle fabric of her saying nightgown. 

Slowly, the two made their way over to the bed in the centre of the room, and Malleus sat on the edge, pulling Y/N onto his lap.

"I love you, my darling queen," he whispered as he pulled away from the kiss. He gently caressed her cheek, holding her as though she were a new rose, about to blossom in the summer sun. 

"And I love you, king of my heart," Y/N answered. 

Malleus chuckled and got to his feet, still holding Y/N close. He waved his hand and the covers pulled themselves back, revealing the plush mattress beneath. He lay down on his side, careful not to crush Y/N in the process, and pulled the blankets over them again. And in the darkness of the room, he watched as Y/N started to succumb to the call of sleep. It had been a busy day, and Malleus knew that it had drained all of Y/N's energy. 

"Lay down your head, and I'll sing you a lullaby," Malleus started to sing, holding Y/N close as he gently brushed the strands of hair away from her eyes. "Back to the years, of loo-li lai-lay. And I'll sing you to sleep, and I'll sing you tomorrow. Bless you, with love for the road that you go." He waved his hand and the curtains fluttered shut. "May you sail yourself far to the fair fields of fortune. With diamonds and pearls at your head and at your feet. And may you never need to banish misfortune. May you find kindness in all that you meet." 

Y/N snuggled closer to Malleus and he smiled, leaning down to press a kiss along her hairline. He remained by her, his chin resting atop her head as he pressed her closer to his chest. If she was awake, she would most certainly be able to feel his heart as it pounded in his chest. Even after all these years, she could still make him feel like a little schoolboy in love, unable to confess his feelings.

"May there always be angels to watch over you, to guide you each step of the way. To guard you and keep you safe from all harm. Loo-li loo-li lai-lay." 

There was gentle fussing from Acantha's crib, and Malleus chuckled. He released Y/N, gently slipped from between her limp arms and strode over to his daughter's crib. Her bright e/c eyes were open wide, and her lower lip trembled as she got ready to cry. Before she could though, Malleus reached into the crib and gently picked up his little princess. Her trembling lip fell still and she cooed, stretching her hands up to her father. Malleus chuckled and held his finger out, allowing her to grab it as if it were a toy. 

Malleus started to rock the little fae back and forth, continuing the song that he had sung for her mother. "May you bring love and may you bring happiness. Be loved in return to the end of your days. Now fall off to sleep, I'm not meaning to keep you. I'll just sit for a while and sing, loo-li lai lay. May there always be angels to watch over you, to guard you each step of the way. To guard you and keep you safe from all harm. Loo-li loo-li lai-lay."

Acantha cooed once, then twice, and her eyes started to flutter shut at her father's voice. She snuggled closer to him, her tiny hand wrapping around a loose strand of hair that had fallen. Malleus smiled and gently rocked his daughter until he was sure that she was asleep. Then, he gently placed her back into the crib, prying his hair from her hand, and returning to his spot beside his sleeping wife. 

"I love you, Y/N," Malleus whispered, giving her one last kiss. "I love our daughter. I love our little family. And I shall continue to love you until the end of my days."

A/N: The second lullaby was called Sleepsong by Secret Garden. Also, just to be clear, yes you did get your powers back. Malleus was able to return Luna and Nox to you. I hope you enjoyed the epilogue!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 193 9
You find yourself in a body that does not seem to belong to you, and yet you have little to no control over it either. You, the reader, have been obs...
775 5 28
Night Raven College, a prestigious magic school that honours the Great Seven, representing them in their seven dorms, each modelled after a different...
33K 865 25
(Twst x Fem Oc) 🌟 Grace is a hardworking girl that works as many jobs as she can to help pay for her terribly hospitalized Aunt's treatment. One nig...
4.2K 207 6
Yul has lived with their uncle for a year now and has found a New family with them along with all their new Friends. They have become a Hit in the Tw...