Daughter of the Night [A Twis...

Von Expecto_fandom89

[Malleus Draconia x reader] Y/N of House Umbra has a strange unique magic. It splits her into two people, one... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
C'est Fini!
Epilogue
A/N
A/N

Chapter 18

762 40 25
Von Expecto_fandom89

"I OBJECT," Malleus roared as he skidded to a stop at the end of the aisle. The crowd gasped and turned to the end of the aisle, their eyes widening when they saw the Prince of Briar Valley standing at the end. He looked like a mess. His hair was tangled, blood was slowly dripping from where the thorns had struck him on his cheek, and his clothes were untucked and messy, and yet, he was still the beautiful prince that they all knew.

Y/N's mouth dropped beneath the veil as she stared at Malleus. She couldn't believe it. Malleus was here... Malleus was here... He had come for her... But at what cost? She turned to the officiant and Aloren, the former of whom seemed shocked, but Aloren... Aloren was beaming. He turned toward Y/N and took her hand in his.

"I knew he wouldn't go down without a fight." He lifted the veil from Y/N's face and smiled at her. "Go. He's the one you should be marrying." He gently kissed her forehead, before releasing her. 

But Y/N didn't run to Malleus as everyone had thought. She remained by Aloren, her eyes wide. All she could think of was what the queen would say if she discovered that her son was still fighting for Y/N. What would the queen do to her? Would she take her life this time?

"Y/N," Malleus said, taking a step forward. He took another step. "I know what happened." He couldn't stop smiling. He was here. He had stopped the wedding. They would be all right now. They would be all right. They would be able to go back to Briar Valley. They would be together again. 

"W-what do you mean?" She took a step towards him. 

"Lilia told me, my love," he said. "He told me everything." He now stood directly in front of her. If he took another step, he would knock her over, and if he dipped his head just the slightest bit... But he didn't. Instead, he lifted his hand and gently brushed Y/N's hair around her ear. He reached up to her hair and pulled out the pin that was holding it all together. The h/c tresses tumbled down, bouncing slightly. 

"When you say everything..."

"I know what my mother did to you, Y/N," he said, holding her face as if she were a delicate porcelain doll. "I know that she threatened you so you would never come to see me again, and I know that she took your magic."

Y/N let out a small breath of relief and allowed her body to relax. Her bouquet fell to the ground beside her and she leaned forward, resting her head on Malleus' chest. Her arms hung limply at her sides, all energy gone from her body as she felt the wave of everything crashing over her. This whole day had been a mess. This whole week had been a mess. A mess that seemed to revolve solely around her. 

Murmurs started to float around the venue.

"What is the prince doing here?"

"Why did he object?"

"Are they together?!"

"What about Lord Aloren? What will he do now?"

"Why is the prince embracing her?"

"What's going on?"

"Is there still a wedding?"

Malleus noticed Y/N start to tense and he met Aloren's eyes. She shouldn't be here. Not where everyone could gossip and form whatever rumours they wanted. 

Aloren walked down the dais and approached his parents. He spoke with them quietly for a moment before nodding and walking over to Malleus and Y/N. 

"Come with me."

He led Malleus and Y/N away from the venue and back to the manor, where they could talk in private. Malleus could hear the governor speaking to the guests about what had just happened, and how there would still be a reception for the guests. That seemed to appease them enough and they all headed over to the tables loaded with food to help themselves to the buffet, while the governor and his wife followed after them, most likely to speak with them inside. 

Once the five were back inside, Y/N asked if she could get changed out of her wedding attire. Everyone agreed that it would most likely be more comfortable if she got changed, so she headed off to her room, leaving the other four to talk.

"What do we do now," Aloren asked, mainly to Malleus.

He hadn't thought this far ahead. He thought he would be the charming prince, here to save his lady and carry her off into the setting sun. Apparently, he wasn't doing quite that. He wanted to take her back home, and more specifically to his castle to hopefully get her settled there, but he worried that he was moving too fast for her.

"I think Prince Malleus should take Y/N back to Briar Valley." It was the governor who had spoken. He smiled at the prince. "The island will be up in arms for the next while as we get this all sorted out, and something tells me that Y/N won't want to be around for that."

"I agree," his wife said, wrapping one arm around the governor's back and resting the other on his chest. She turned to Malleus. "You two would probably be better off at your castle than here."

"Are you sure? Isn't that kind of sudden."

Aloren laughed and shook his head. "No. Y/N has been in love with you for decades, if not centuries," he eyed Malleus mischievously, "however old you two are..." Everyone laughed. "She loves you, Malleus. More than you know. Just..." Aloren sighed, his smile falling a fraction, "make sure that she's happy, okay?"

Malleus bowed and smiled. "You love her don't you?"

"Yes. But loving someone means being able to let them go if it means that their happiness lies elsewhere. I won't force her to stay. Not when it means that she'll be happy with you."

"Thank you, Aloren."

"Just make sure she's happy. That's thanks enough."

⚔⚜⚔

"I'm sorry that it has to end like this," Y/N said softly as she helped Aloren's mother pack her things. She couldn't help but feel guilty for leaving the family who had given her nothing but love for the past while. 

Aloren's mother smiled. She stood up and brushed away a few strands of Y/N's hair. "There is nothing for you to apologise for, darling. You are entitled to love who you will. We do not always control the way our heart acts, and I know you fully intended to go through with the wedding had the prince not shown up." She tapped Y/N's chin with her fingers. "You may not be married to my son, but you are my daughter now, Y/N. You will always have a home here, no matter what."

"Thank you," Y/N whispered. Unable to control herself, she threw herself at the older woman, wrapping her arms tightly around the woman's shoulders. The woman quickly responded and returned the hug, humming softly as she rocked Y/N back and forth. She had never had a daughter, and though she loved her son unconditionally, she had always wanted to know what it was like to have a daughter. And now, she had one.

Y/N pulled away from the hug. Something bumped against her chest and she realised that she was still wearing the pendant that Aloren's mother had given her. She moved to take it off but was stopped.

"Keep it," the woman said, holding Y/N's arm gently. "It's yours now."

"But what about..."

The woman shook her head. "Aloren loves you, Y/N. We all do. More than we ever thought possible. We want you to have it."

Y/N smiled and lowered her hands from the clasp. "Thank you."

The woman smiled and winked at her. "Just make sure that your new royal life doesn't keep you from coming to visit us every now and then."

Y/N laughed and shook her head. "Of course not. I'll visit as often as I can."

"Wonderful."

⚔⚜⚔

TW: Abduction

Y/N and Malleus were now back at the castle, sitting in one of the many parlours. It felt strange to be back for Y/N. It had been five long years since she had last set foot in here, and yet, here she was, with Malleus embracing her, without any sign of letting her go any time soon. His nose was pressed against her hair and his arms were wrapped tightly around her waist. Not that she was complaining. They were silent as they sat together, simply soaking in each other's presence. 

Suddenly, the door flew open to reveal a panicked Lilia. His eyes were wide and frightened, his hair tangled in knots, and his lower lip trembling as if he was about to break down in sobs.

"Lilia," Y/N exclaimed, shooting to her feet. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"Have either of you seen Silver anywhere?!"

Y/N eyes widened. She hadn't seen Silver since arriving back at the castle. She had seen Sebek when they had first arrived, as he had been one of the ones to greet them, and she had seen Lilia just shortly after. She would have expected to see Silver as well, but she hadn't. Y/N turned to Malleus, a concerned look on her face. 

Malleus shook his head. "I haven't seen him."

"I can't find him! We were supposed to go to the forest for our nightly walk, but when he didn't show..." Lilia started sobbing, clutching his face in his hands as he fell to his knees. Silver was his pride and joy. Silver was his son in all but blood. Lilia cared for Silver more than Y/N's own blood father cared for her.

Y/N quickly rushed to Lilia's side and pulled him up, trying to find clues in his incoherent babbling. She deposited him on the couch next to Malleus, before running from the room. 

Five years had passed, and yet she still remembered the castle like the back of her hand. She ran down the halls, her skirt whipping back and forth as she lifted the front, her heels pounding on the polished floor beneath. She didn't care if she was leaving marks. They could be fixed easily enough. All she cared about right now was finding Silver. Where was he, where was he?

"Silver!" Y/N skidded to a stop in front of the door that led to Silver's chambers. She pounded on the wood, hoping that he had just happened to fall asleep like he so often did. She waited for a moment before pounding again. Still no answer. She tried the handle. It was locked. Gritting her teeth, she backed up and hiked up her skirt. With a well-placed kick, the lock broke with a loud clank, and Y/N shouldered the door open, ignoring the singing flesh that would no doubt bruise at the force of the impact. 

"Silver! Please answer! Silver!"

No one was in the room. Silver's bed was unmade, and it appeared as though he had been sleeping in it. Y/N rushed over to the bed, ripping the cover off and throwing the pillows to some other place. There was nothing. No clues. No -

Y/N stopped in her frantic movements. She slowly turned toward the desk. It was neat, save for one piece of paper that had been stabbed into the surface of the desk. Her eyes widened at the sight. A familiar mark had been drawn on the top in... blood... Y/N nearly vomited at the sight but managed to stomach it. She pulled out the dagger and opened the note.

This is your punishment for not keeping your mouth shut, Lilia Vanrouge. Your son is now mine, and he shall pay the price for your transgressions. I suggest that in the future, you heed my warnings. Next time, I won't be so forgiving.

Y/N looked up from the note and at the world beyond the window. Storm clouds were brewing in the sky, and small raindrops were starting to pelt the glass. She clenched the note in her hand, glaring at the world. The queen had taken one step too far. It was one thing to tell her to leave Malleus alone, it was another to take a boy who had nothing whatsoever to do with the deal. Silver had done nothing, but be his kind and loving self. 

Y/N rushed from the castle and out into the rain. She didn't stop running until she had reached home. Her parents were already asleep, and she rushed up to their chambers, taking extra precautions to be stealthy as she rifled through her parents' things. She took what she needed before fleeing again, this time, away from the castle, and away from her former home.

"I'll get you back, Silver. I promise I will get you back if it's the last thing I do."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

36.8K 1.4K 22
DÉVOUEMENT anthology ~ a collection of stories related to my other twst book called "DÉVOUEMENT" that are canon to the story. kindly read my other...
4.2K 207 6
Yul has lived with their uncle for a year now and has found a New family with them along with all their new Friends. They have become a Hit in the Tw...
16.2K 378 71
Alerie Lewyn known by others yet forgotten, wakes up in the coffin at the prestigious school Night Raven College in Twisted Wonderland with no memory...
775 5 28
Night Raven College, a prestigious magic school that honours the Great Seven, representing them in their seven dorms, each modelled after a different...