𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓 | 4t...

By remotions

━━━ 𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍 y/n, a diligent overachiever; senior in highschool takes on extra shifts for her part tim... More

𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚝
𝟣 | graveyard shift
𝟤 | walmart backstreet boys
𝟥 | mademoiselle
𝟦 | impromtu date
𝟧 | jonah
𝟨 | broken nose
𝟩 | recording studio
𝟪 | the calaveras zipline
𝟫 | best friend
𝟣𝟢 | diamond earring
𝟣𝟣 | the obscure lifeguard
𝟣𝟤 | unannounced flight
𝟣𝟥 | new york
𝟣𝟦 | play pretend
𝟣𝟧 | nicknames
𝟣𝟨 | midnight rendevous
𝟣𝟩 | dilemma
𝟣𝟫 | momentarily
𝟤𝟢 | fountain wishes
𝟤𝟣 | prince charming
𝟤𝟤 | mystery girl
𝟤𝟥 | tongue tied
𝟤𝟦 | coasterphobia
𝟤𝟧 | puzzle piece
𝟤𝟨 | summer bucket list
𝟤𝟩 | double trouble
𝟤𝟪 | insomniac daydreams
𝟤𝟫 | strawberry shortcake
𝟥𝟢 | every shade of green
𝟥𝟣 | rekindled connection
𝟥𝟤 | emotional baggage
𝟥𝟥 | déjà vu
𝟥𝟦 | mauve headband

𝟣𝟪 | juliet's bronze bosoms

2K 65 135
By remotions

— robaire babineaux, you are a cliché .

↳ currently playing ;; ♫
[ say can you hear ] - [ men i trust ]
↺       <<          ll          >>     ⋮≡
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ————•

        𝓜aybe it's the lack of sleep, or maybe I should face the peculiar conundrum oscillating around T; he's been acting indifferent since yesterday. The only missing puzzle that I could force to fit in this circumstance is that—maybe he hasn't gotten over the fact that I chose Z, over him; my best friend—over some guy that I'm suppose to despise with every bile in me.

       I stare at him from afar, with my cronies next to me snoring quietly—I couldn't believe that I'd really consider him my best friend. But hey here we are! I remember when we first met and he'd call me his best friend upon barely even meeting me. I don't regret meeting him at all though, I'll give him that. He's probably the first 4town member that I grew really fond of.

   Currently thousands of miles above the ground, we're on our way to the City of Pizzas and Renaissance, and I'm just glad my friends are able to come with me for this tour in Europe. I mean wow, I've never even been to Europe, this is probably going to be the closest i'll get to Paris (for now) and I'm actually thrilled.

  "What is the meaning of this?!" I perked my head up to the sound of my uncle being a damsel in distress.

   "No, no..no!" At this point everyone stopped what they were doing and craned their heads to my very dramatic uncle.

  "Spit it out Jonah." Z groggily reprimands, lifting his silk sleep mask to peek at the commotion.

   "What's this!" He stood up from where he's seated, confused as a deer—he showcased his phone an inch away from my face; it was the pictures taken in Z's tournament. Specifically where he holds me hostage and I had to force a smile for the cameras.

  "It doesn't mean anything unc—"

"Read the headline."

    My eyes squinted in fueled confusion, Aaron Z: 4*Town Member, Rumored to be DATING their Manager's Niece.

Excuse me.

  "WHAT!"

  Standing up from where I'm seated, I snatched his rectangular device off of his hold to read the rest of the article, this is ridiculous!

    "Uncle Jonah I swear this does not mean anything, I don't know who jumped to that conclusion—"

   "Well It doesn't matter now does it! That's what they think! We need to make a diversion." My uncle marched back and forth racking his brain for an idea, at this point everyone was up from their slumber to take a peek at the horror in Uncle Jonah's phone that will curse them for seven years if they don't pass it on to three people.

     Z looked at it as if it was nothing, I am fuming in anger—why isn't he receiving the blow. Why is Uncle Jonah taking it out on me.

It was now handed to Robaire and he frowned in dubiety,

   "Is this true?" Why does he look genuinely betrayed, again. Maybe the lack of sleep causing me to hallucinate things. But why does it seem like he cares?

  "No! Not at all." My eyes widened in defense, his shoulders relaxed as soon as I answered—My friends did a collective gasp staring at Uncle Jonah's phone they were equally shocked.

  "Aha! I got it." My Uncle dinged with a lightbulb floating on top of his head—this better be good, or else I don't know what he'll do to the rest of the trip because of this rumor.

   "Robaire! I'll have you agree on the Vogue interview. This is perfect! They'll be at Milan some time this week and everyone will just forget about the rum—"

  "No." His lips curled with scheme, my uncle's jaw dropped on the ground as if not expecting his response.

I wasn't expecting it either, I thought this was something they do on the norm.

"No? No? Robaire, This could save Z and Y/n's reputation." All the fright my uncle has in his system was now replaced with pure stern. The graving silence plagued the spaces between us.

Tae and T whistled awkwardly before excusing themselves out of this.

"Jonah, If he doesn't want to. I can try and help." Jesse offered, his hand squeezed my shoulder in reassurance, I turned to him to mouth a 'thank you.'

"I appreciate you volunteering Jesse, I really do. But Robaire rarely agrees to interviews. And if he does one this week It will start a commotion in the community. It will inevitably overpower the silly dating rumor. Robaire for the love of god—Can't you at least do this for my niece's reputation? If not Z, think of Y/n." I wanted to sink in my seat. This whole situation is a disaster. I don't want to burden Robaire because of something so stupid. If anything Z should fix.

"Can't Z fix this? He can simply confirm on social media platforms that we're not dating." Even saying that out loud made me nauseous, why would that even be an assumption between us.

"It's not that easy Y/n, the more people talk about it the more they won't let it go. And chances are—they won't believe it. So we're going for the safest route." My uncle plopped down his seat and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"What's in it for me. If I agree to this." Robaire finally initiated, crossing his arms with that scheming look on his face, what is he planning?

   Uncle Jonah looked up hesitantly, as if this was very unusual to him— "Anything you want Robaire, just agree to this one interview." It seems like it piqued his interest.

    "N'importe quoi?" Robaire's smirk widens.

Uncle Jonah sighs exasperatedly, "Yes Robaire, anything."

   "If you say so," There was a pause, an unnecessary pause that makes me anxious because whilst all of this is happening Robaire is now looking at me.

  "One date with your niece."

    That's it I'm going to sleep, I think I'm starting to hear things. This marks day one of hallucinations. I wonder what tomorrow beholds for me, perhaps I'll start to lose vision on my left eye or something.

  "Incroyable!" My uncle exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air.

    With my eyes practically about to pop out of my sockets they switched back and forth from my uncle to Robaire, and it seems like everyone in this private jet are just as bewildered, My uncle wouldn't—he won't, he was dead serious about dates revolving around me and the boys. Of course he won't.

  I stared at my uncle longer and it really seems like, he's considering it?!

If stares could melt someones head off they'd both be dead now—but Robaire might have a higher chance in surviving with the way he's calm and collected. Uncle Jonah on the other hand looks like he's about to pop a vein with the war going on in his head.

"One date?" Uncle Jonah repeated.

"One date." Robaire confirmed.

   "Fine. One date." Everyone lets out a surprised hiccup that my uncle actually agreed? I didn't know whether to be happy because he's letting me go on a date with Robaire! Or be upset that he easily let down his walls of protectiveness over some rumor! But right now I'm too baffled to even react.

  "But! Be extra careful about this Robaire, you get caught and you're dead." This doesn't make sense at all! And if paparazzi swarms us? Then what? Wouldn't that make matters worse?

   Yet again, who am I to complain. A date with Robaire will fix ninety-nine of my problems and it'll grant me clear skin for eternity. So all the bad possibilities can be shoved in the back of my head for now.

I was tongue tied and all I could do was let out an incredulous scoff.

  "My apologies mademoiselle, I should've asked you first." Robaire heard me and ambled from where I'm seated, I felt Tyler and Mei clutch on my arms excitedly.

  "Will you go on a one time tryst with me?"

   "O-of course."

   He bent to lean, leveled to my ear to whisper, which is futile mind you—because my cronies are right next to me,

  "Hopefully not our last."

  What's with his mind numbing way with words that I just lose all motor functions—my friends squealed uncontrollably, I felt my breath rattle like dice in my chest.

     I shyly looked up at him to see he's staring at Z, huh? Z looks more intense than usual. His jaws are clenched but I can't quite read what telepathic communication their sharing together. Whatever it is, Robaire is still as calm as a light breeze. His small grin says so otherwise.

   Z felt my gaze, his face slightly softens as—he wrapped his headphones around his ears and closed his eyes.

What's up with those two?

Whatever it is, I'd like to not think about it for the rest of our eight hours left in this jet.

Would it be too mean to curse whoever created that article, I had to go private on all social medias because Z's crazy fangirls are out for blood! I stare in horror at my thousands of dm requests, that I refuse to even read a single one. I bet you. This was one of Z's evil master plans to make my life harder than it already is.

As we're walking to the airport, the paparazzis has began. Usually we'd arrive to our destination a day early so we'd avoid this. But they've gotten wiser—and knew to come to the airport two days earlier. To them, we are pulpy oranges to squeeze for juicy content.

"Don't even think about opening those dms Y/n. Not worth it." T calmly walked next to me, we were being bombarded with questions, and with blinding epileptic inducing flashes, Mortified my first instinct was to cover my face with the palm of my hands and let T guide my feet.

He wrapped an arm protectively around me and pulled my hood over my head. I can't even see where I'm headed I'll just have to trust T—and now Tae, next to me that they won't let me trip and embarrass myself from these vultures waiting for something to happen.

I took a little peek to search for my friends and it looks like Jesse's guiding them, how were these paparazzis even allowed to loiter around here?

Finally after probably the worse thing to happen to us today, We all quickly hopped in our tour bus right now double security had to be involved.

"Miss Y/n! Is it true that you're dating Aaron Z?"

"Y/n come on just a few words!"

"Jonah what are your opinions on this?"

"Y/n how does it feel to be the most envied girl right now!"

"Z! A minute of your time per favore!"

     Even after getting in the bus, I can heard their muffled blunders. This is one of the reasons why I'd hate to be famous—All those prying eyes forget that you're human too. I really can't believe that they go thru this all the time. It must be so exhausting. I mean I haven't even spent a day of getting harassed by these people and I'm already so done with it.

  "Ignore them Y/n." Priya scooted next to me, my friends gave me concerned looks but there's really nothing to worry about.

     "I'm fine guys, I'm just tired is all." I reassured, and they gave me that look asking if I'm sure. I just nodded—they ambled by the corner of the bus where snacks and beverages were provided. I'm glad they're having the time of their lives despite all the commotion happening. and I didn't want to ruin it with some silly little rumor.

     I stared out the window once it finally started moving, We're finally at Verona Italy, I can't believe I was so distracted that I didn't get to appreciate my first arrival here. Now that's one reason to be bummed out.

  I felt someone ruffle my hair from behind, I gawked stupidly at my uncle as he handed me a cup of ginger ale.

  "I was afraid of this happening Y/n." He sighed, I shook my head. "Don't worry. It wasn't anyones fault. And you have a plan, Things will unravel smoothly Uncle Jonah." I reassured him and he flicked my forehead.

  "Ow! What was that for?!" Rubbing the spot where he abused I gave him an accusing look.

  "You imbecile, I was talking about how you'd handle this situation. I don't care about how the boys will take it! They're used to it." Ohh..

  "Well you could've just said that!" I exclaimed, "and If you're wondering. I'm fine. Just go and rest." He gave me a small smile and went back to his seat.

    Huh, who knew Uncle Jonah is awkward when it comes to showing he genuinely cares. All this time I honestly did think he cared about the boys' reputation more. But I might've judged him too soon.

Being in Europe is completely foreign, I was lost in the song playing in my mp3–That I didn't realize Z had sat across from me. He cleared his throat and I let one ear to be available to whatever he's about to say.

"What do you want."

"What? I'm not allowed to see how you're handling this?" He scoffed plopping down on his seat comfortably.

"Oh please as if." I crossed my arms on the table between us with my chin resting on the palm of my hand, that is such bull.

"I just want to clear things with you that I didn't plan for this to happen." His tone was cold with sincerity. "With that said, I really do care about how you feel."

Is he being serious right now? If he is, it's not that I don't appreciate him being genuine for once but this is rather—peculiar. And out of character of him.

"I'm okay." I answered simply. He hummed quietly to himself now opening the familiar blue book that looks like he's halfway done with.

"You've been reading that book for eons." I huffed to myself teasingly, he looked up.

"Well how long did it take you to finish this?"

"Seven hours."

"Seven hours?" His tone was a bit shocked but he played it off by clearing his throat, "Congratulations for not having a life, I'd probably be able to do the same if I had nothing to do too." He dismissed.

"You really don't strike as the type of person to read The Fault in our Stars." I mumbled to myself staring out the window as we pass by a busy market place—which was true, and stereotypical of me, but he plays basketball and wears a mauve band around his head 24/7.

"I don't know Y/n.. Haven't you considered that maybe people aren't always how we idealize them in our heads." He answered with his eyes glued on his book. I hate that he has a point.

"Does that mean you like Romeo & Juliet?" I queried.

He scoffed, "No. I actually dislike Shakespeare."

"See, that doesn't make sense. You are reading a book about star-crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet are the epitome of star-crossed, What makes you hate it?" He paused for a moment because I've disturbed him from reading once again, he inhaled deeply before closing his book shut.

"They died a stupid death, in which one resulted in suicide because of not being able to handle their lover's death. In comparison to John Green's The Fault in our Stars, It was an inexorable death they had no control over, but despite that. She lived on." My mind was blank, like a thesis paper due in five minutes. I never really considered it that way.

"Wait, so you lied. You've read the whole book before?"

"Multiple times." Oh would you look at that, It's his favorite.

"It wasn't a stupid death for your information, It was actually romantic." I crossed my arms to put up a faux sense of triumph, he jeers seeing right through me.

"It was illogical."

"Shut up."

   The entire ride was peaceful shortly after, I took a few glimpses seeing he's fallen asleep on the table, There's really just something about Aaron Z when he's asleep. It's a whole different person.

  Finally we've arrived at Jesse's villa, although he's half Irish—his Italian grandmother happens to be taking care of his two children so he offered his place as our temporary stay for a night or two.

    Since someone forgot to book for an airbnb, cough Uncle Jonah cough.

   We arrived at about ten at night, I stretched as we got out of the vehicle, I felt a tap on my shoulder, It was Jesse.

  "If you must know, My Villa is just up there." He pointed at the second floor and I was amazed by the neglected vines crawling freely at almost every building here, then my eyes lied upon a very familiar balcony and statue.

  "Jesse. Is that—Juliet's statue."

    "Yes ma'am." No way.

   His Villa is located at a very famous tourist spot in Italy. As we made our way upstairs I noticed the thousands of letters on the wall written by tourists—It must be so crowded here at day.

     As soon as we arrived at his humbled abode, I was in awe of the interior design, You can tell that it's old. But it was furnished and adorned—they've preserved the design for ages with care. I noticed a shelf, variety of wines. Of course—probably for wine taste testings.

   "Benvenuto!" An elderly lady greeted us, I'm assuming his grandmother—she gave Jesse a big hug and kisses on his cheeks,

  "Nonna! So great to see you again,"

    Two little girls came running from the hallway, Jesse filled the room with chatter and laughters with his daughters.

  "Bianca! Francesca! You both have grown since the last time I've seen you!" T ran to greet the girls.

   "Uncle T!" they said in unison, T carried the both of them for a big bear hug, and since I was behind him. Their beady eyes are now staring at me curiously.

   "Who's she."

   T turned to face me, "Oh that's Jonah niece, Y/n." He let go, and I knelt down to be leveled with them, smiling sweetly they're now playing with my hair, "Nice to meet you both." Bianca has her dad's eyes, she looks more like Jesse than Francesca does. But they're both just as adorable.

   They looked at me and stared at T who's now knelt down beside me as well, He's probably known these girl since they were born. That's sweet, you can tell that he's the favorite 4town uncle.

  "Is she your girlfriend." Francesca blurted out. The whole room seems to have heard what she said and we all stared at each other wide eyed.

  "No! Haha.. Y/n is just my best friend you silly goose." T's cheeks flushed red as he ruffled her brown locks. Bianca curiously gawked at every boy in the room but is now only looking at Z , Oh my god.

  "So is he your boyfrie—"

   "Hey! Do you have any dolls? Why don't we play?" Tae cuts her off, giving me a cheeky wink before he held the girl's hand and lead them to their rooms.

Well, that was definitely something.

   "Kids.." Jesse chuckles nervously as he rubs the nape of his neck,

  "They're cute, look just like their daddy!" I changed the subject giving Jesse a little nudge on his side.

    The rest of the night, they've educated me on fun facts about the city and history about Jesse's family, my friends were... they've had a little too much of the adult grape juice, and I told Jesse that it was a huge mistake to let them feel too comfortable.

   But not too long, they've passed out in the couch after screaming Telephone by Lady Gaga lyrics on the top of their lungs.

   Now standing at the balcony in his villa I looked down at the statue and the thousand of troubled love letters—girls from all around the world had written on the walls.

   "I wouldn't count this as our date yet, but would you like to go down with me? I want to show you something." I jumped from the person who spoke, It was Robaire.

   "Juliet's bronze bosoms." I chuckled raucously to the point my ribs starts to hurt.

  "It's tradition! Come on! And besides I over heard your tirade about Shakespeare earlier, I thoughts you'd love this." Robaire pouted leaning on Juliet's statue.

  He just explained to me that holding Juliet's breast will make my wishes come true, I didn't even know that was tradition here until he told me.

  "You were listening.." I calmed down from my boisterous laughter.. He just nodded.

   "I don't know Robaire. It feels wrong, wasn't she thirteen?" I laughed again feeling ridiculous that we're actually about to make wishes by doing this! Just take me to a well or a fountain at this point, throwing pennies seems...more appropriate..?

   "Y/n please." He pleaded laughing along with me,

   "Fine."

  "Now close your eyes." And so I did, I still couldn't contain my laughter escaping from my lips but I played along to whatever this is, We both held on each of her cold underage globes and made a wish.

  Or at least he did, I really had nothing in mind—I just hoped that whatever he thinks of me was mutual with the way I felt about him.

  I opened my eyes to see his jaded eyes staring right at me.

"You cheater, you didn't close your eyes did you."

   "You caught me." I shook my head playfully and slowly walked through the different colored papers, my eyes rummages through a few of these personal heartfelt letters.

  "Heart broken women from around the globe, write letters to Juliet Capulet." He stated as he walked next to me.

  "What are they hoping for exactly?" I questioned.

"Letters back, answers from Juliet's secretaries." He dug his finger tips in his pockets as a cold breeze welcomes us.

  "They actually write back?" This was all so new to me, I had no idea that this was something that exists—Juliet's secretaries? It was a bizarre idea.

  "There's one of them now." A lady opened the gate with a basket in hand, she waved at us as she started collecting the letters on the wall. Wow.

He held my hand, he took a glimpse at Juliet's iconic balcony and back at me.

"O speak again bright angel." Is he reciting? "For thou art, as glorious to this night, being o'er my head, As is a wingéd messenger of heaven—when he bestrides the lazy puffing clouds and sails upon the bosom air."

I giggled, "bosom." He rolled his eyes playfully at my harmless comment,

"Robaire Babineaux, you are a cliché."

"I love Shakespeare I can't help it." He chuckled,

"Hmm right, you forgot that right after he says heaven, you skipped a whole line where he says: Unto the white upturned wondering eyes..."

"...Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him." We both enunciated in unison,

"Damn it." He mutters, "I think this is good night, mademoiselle—we wouldn't want your uncle to see us alone at this hour." He gave the back of my hand a peck.

"Parting is such sweet sorrow." He says one last time before I went upstairs first, I quietly laughed at his corny jokes.

"Stop reciting Romeo and Juliet." with one last peek from the balcony, I mouthed 'Good night' —that whole night I felt the whole zoo marching in my bottomless pit; that no other butterfly can make me swoon.

don't forget to vote & comment! ♡

10/9/22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 61 17
She's a bad bitch that all You need to know (I did change the story a bit so no one will die) (Grabbers like gone) Lowkey cringe but I'm working on i...
1.3M 53.7K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
18.4K 249 12
Axian is a weredragon , one of the rarest creature of the mystical worlds , due to his position , he is ruler over all supernatural creatures that do...