Mass Effect :: Spartan Interv...

By Void-Shark

Spartan VII's, top of the line armour, weapons, and training... Meet "Ulz" Z-101, one of the first Rakshasa C... More

Mayday, Mayday
Friendly Contact
Meetings & Briefings
Clear Hostile Intent
Whatcha Want?
Council Introduction

HVP(s)

385 9 1
By Void-Shark

- Deep Space -
- Pridurdion -
- Admiral Victoria Lee -

"Tell me, Human, if your ship is abandoned, why is it powered?! And it's weapons online?!" A massive Jarlhanne, or Brute, slams his fists onto the metal table, snarling at the short Human woman across from him.

"I wouldn't know, it can't be activated unless myself, or the Shipmaster release the codes." She states calmly, amber eyes glaring at him, her ravenette hair is pulled back into a tight bun, a grey decorated uniform fitted to her being.

"So, does this mean it was wrong to bring you near it's Wreakage!?"

"...You misunderstand, Chieftain, I cannot do anything unless I'm aboard the ship, even then, I would need the Access codes from my counterpart to activate this defense protocol."

A clear lie, she knew what it was, and she was damn thankful for their assistance, she'll have to reward that AI when she gets the chance.

"Grrh... You will regret holding your tongue as so." The Chieftain growls as he exits the room, the door locking behind him.

"Okay, all I have to do is wait, with Aurora on the weapons, she'll have woke the Commander..." Victoria looks out the window, witnessing heavy fire being thrown at the forward most Banished ships.

"...Don't let me down, Ulz." She smiles softly.

- Pridurdion -
- Commander Ulz -

"Alright, knowing my luck... That wasn't all that was guarding the Bridge..." He looks behind himself, panting lightly, looking at the mass of bodies lining the hall.

He's holding a Mauler in his hand, a replacement for his lack of Ammo for his Bandit.

He reloads the alien pistol, holding at the ready, "Alright..." He spins the chamber before rushing through the door, he looks around quickly, weapon raised.

But doesn't spot anyone, "This is definitely a trap..." Just then a massive white furred brute stands on the center bridge, a disgusting toothy grin follows.

"A Spartan! Ahh, you are all but Extinct..."

"How's the Homeworld searching going, eh Harambe?"

The Brute growls, pulling a Gravity Hammer from his back, "I will grind you into dust, and sprinkle you over the Admiral!" He yells, charging the Spartan.

Ulz squeezes the trigger, firing slugs into the Brutes armour, the brute brushes it off as he rushes the Spartan, swinging the Hammer from the side, Ulz easily rolling under the attack.

When he jumps up, he angles himself to launch into the brutes side, slamming a metal fist into the aliens ribs, only making him twist, slamming the hammer into Ulz, launching him towards the front of the Bridge.

"...Ow." As Ulz is standing, the Brute gloats, beginning a speech.

"I, am Votazis! Last of my Pack! You, Spartan, have come to your death, your helmet shall become my bowl! Your armour will server as trophies among my walls!"

"Your-"

"-Shut up! Jesus Christ... I get it, your the big bad boss, but, this usually goes my way... So what's gonna happen is this."

"First, I'll get that Hammer from you, then, I'll embarrass the hell outta you... Finally, I'll blow up your ship, you'll survive, then we'll have this feud, or whatever..."

Votazis grunts, tightening his grip on the Gravity Hammer, he shifts, when all of a sudden, the Pridurdion shakes, throwing them both to the floor.

"Aurora! Status!"

"You've only got a few minutes, Spartan! Get the Admiral's and get the hell out of there!"

Ulz looks towards a door nearby, that's the door with the waypoint, and two allied lifesigns.

He quickly runs to the door, leaving the Chieftain to stumble back to the floor, sliding across the floor as the Pridurdion tilts, "I'll kill you Spartan!"

Just as Ulz reaches the door, it slides open, allowing him to enter, he punches a grunt or two before running to the door with the lifesigns behind it.

It doesn't open on approach, so he slams his prosthesis into it, denying the door, allowing him to wedge his fingers between them, and pushing them open.

He spots the Admiral, and Shipmaster.

"Admiral Lee, Shipmaster, your Knight in Shining armour has arrived."

[ Shipmisteress Tesa'Wacamai ]

[ Admiral Victoria Lee]

(Literally couldn't find a good one.)
(Sorry.)

"About time, Commander." She steps forward, wrapping her arms around his torso, "Was starting to worry you weren't gonna make it."

Tesa steps forward, "Commander, you've my gratitude." Ulz nods at the Sangheili woman.

He turns back to Victoria, pulling his Sidekick off his thigh, then hands it to her, then pulls a plasma rifle and energy sword from his back, offering them to the Shipmaster.

"Had a pitstop at the Armory when I was comin', thought you two could use 'em."

"Thanks, Spartan, do we have evac?"

"Yes ma'am, I rescued some Marines from the lower levels and sent them to guard the position." Ulz leads the two down the hall, passing the few grunts he punched.

"And the Chieftain?" Victoria asks.

"Probably in the middle of evacuating, like we should be." Tesa leans forward a bit.

"And my Unggoy?"

"Also guarding the position, Shipmistress."

Ulz opens the door, giving an all clear to the Admiral and Shipmistress who follow him closely, then begin making their way through the halls, passing a number of corpses Ulz left behind.

As they approach the position, they hear gunfire through the halls, causing them to pick of the pace, now sprinting down the hall, Ulz faster than his Higher-ups.

"Spartan!" He drops into the hangar bay, landing on a Jackal, killing it, he guns down a few grunts before joining the Marines.

"Clear them out!"

"Yessir!"

The Marines, with rejuvenated vigor rise from cover, gunning down the few Banished remaining.

Once the last grunt drops, the Admiral and Shipmistress appear on the upper deck of the hangar bay, "You've got a way of showing off, Ulz!"

"Yes I do, Admiral, come on down!" The two join the small force, the Unggoy among them rush over to Tesa, saluting her.

"Where's our Evac?" Victoria asks.

"Right, theres gonna be lots of explaining once we're off this hunk of space junk, but Aurora has called in some of our new allies." Victoria nods.

"Commander Ulz, come in." Ulz lifts a hand to his comm unit.

"Aye, Joker, we're ready for a pickup, this Hangar is big enough for the Normandy."

"You've got it, Ulz, we'll be there soon." The comm shuts off, Ulz leads the group towards a space big enough for the Normandy to slip in.

"Admiral, the ship coming to pick us up is the SSV Normandy, of the Alliance Navy."

"Alliance?"

Ulz nods, "It's this Galaxies version of the UNSC, though the level of technology is vastly different." He continues.

"We're more advanced, but they're more... Widespread I guess, they also weren't bullied off their planet by an AI."

"...While I'm on the topic of Artificial Intelligence, they are entirely illegal, so... Aurora is a secret."

"Maybe we should've done that..." Victoria jokes.

"These new allies know of the Swords of Sanghelios, correct?" Tesa asks, hands clasped together behind her back.

"Aye, Shipmistress." The Normandy slowly drifts into the hangar, the boarding ramp opening as the Group moves into the the ship, Admiral and Shipmistress leading.

Commander Shepard is waiting aboard, "Commander Ulz, is this the Admiral?" The Spartan nods, Shepard salutes the woman, who returns the salute before lowering her hand, extending it for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you Commander Shepard, Commander Ulz has said a bit about you."

"All good, I hope?"

"Yes, Commander, now, I'd like to introduce you to our ally." Victoria motions over to Tesa'Wacamai.

"Shipmistress of the Peace of Sanghelios." Tesa bows her head, a fist brought to her chest.

"I am as thankful to you, as I am to Ulz Rask." Shepard looks at the tall alien confused.

"She's a Sangheili, Commander, the Warrior race I told you about?" Shepard hums, nodding.

"It's nice to meet you, Tesa, you're welcome aboard the Normandy for as long as you need." As the three walk off to talk diplomacy, Ulz looks over his rifles, Lieutenant Thorn joins him nearby.

"Commander, thanks for the save, sir, really thought we were done there." As the Normandy passes over the Peace of Sanghelios, Aurora short jumps from the ship to Ulz's armour.

"Back to the comfy life~!" She sighs happily, appearing on his shoulder.

"And thank you, ma'am, for the guidance." Thorn nods to the AI.

"No problem, Marine, we don't know how many of us are left, so we've got to get the UNSC together."

Thorn chuckles, leaning against a nearby table, "What even happened? I remember a Slipspace event, then woke up on that Banished ship."

"From what Aurora and I discerned, we've been pulled into a completely different Galaxy." Ulz sets his weapons down, lifting his helmet off his head, "The ship was torn in two, and now we've got to recollect our troops, and establish ourselves with the local Galactic council."

"So what's this Alliance Navy?"

"It's this Galaxies Human Military, only technically the Army, but... Y'know, Navy-er, I guess."

"Guess that means we're still the muscle, huh?" Thorn asks, a slight smirk on his face.

"Yep." Ulz answers.

"Oo-rah."

<[---------------------------------------]>

Here we go, I hope everyone is enjoying the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 18.7K 80
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
253K 16.5K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
258K 9K 104
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
219K 5.5K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...