𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐲𝐬�...

Af kyrieswriting

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* steve harrington after a night of drinking and swimming around in a cold pool on a fall night, ic... Mere

I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!
PART ONE.
i. THE INVITATION
ii. THE GET-TOGETHER
iii. THE CONFRONTATION
iv. THIRD-WHEELING
v. THE CONFESSION
vi. THE CHANGE
vii. THE FIGHTING
viii. SENSORY DEPRIVATION
ix. THE PLAN
x. A MONTH LATER
PART TWO.
i. THE NEW GUY
ii. BE HONEST
iii. THE SONG
iv. THE BAT
v. THE JUNKYARD
vi. DEMO-DOGS
vii. THE MIND FLAYER
viii. HEEBIE-JEEBIES
ix. THE PLAN 2.0
x. BACK TO NORMAL
PART THREE.
i. SIX MONTHS
ii. BEST FRIEND
iii. AMERICAN HEROES
iv. EVIL RUSSIANS
v. SECRET SPY CODE
vi. BETRAYED ME
vii. AIR DUCTS
viii. FREE ICE CREAM
ix. OTHER SIDE
x. IDEAL SUMMER
xi. IT'S CLOSE
xii. WON A FIGHT
xiii. FULL OF SHIT
xiv. I'M YOUR IDIOT
xv. THE DRUG
xvi. INDY 500
xvii. IN LOVE
xviii. SUPERPOWERS
xix. JUST THE FACTS
xx. TODDFATHER
xxi. TOO MUCH
xxii. GOODBYE
BONUS CHAPTER
PART FOUR.
ii. STAY THE NIGHT.
iii. BE MY DATE.
iv. WATCH A MOVIE.
v. TALK TO YOU.
vi. FAMILY VIDEO.
vii. LOOK PRETTY.
viii. REEFER RICK.
ix. WITHDRAWALS.
x. I LOVE YOU.

i. SPRING BREAK.

794 33 7
Af kyrieswriting

MARCH 20TH, 1986 and there Icarus Blood was, sitting in a row together with his mom and his dad on either sides of him. "Is... this really the only way to spend Spring Break?" He asked, looking to his mom who had black sunglasses on, staring straight ahead. "Yes." She just replied back quickly to him.

"Grandma doesn't even have that much space!" He exclaims. "You can stay with a friend." His dad ruffled his hair and Icarus grimaced, rling his eyes. "I'd rather stay here with Riley in her dorm." He says and his dad laughs, "yeah, right. It'd not coed, even if she's your sister, they won't let you." He says and Icarus sighs, slinking down in his seat.

"I don't have friends in Hawkins anymore." Icarus said as their flight was announced over the intercom and Matthew laughs. "Yeah, right. There's a letter coming in every month from none other than Steve Harrington." He says and Icarus ignores the pang in his chest as he rolled his eyes, looking around. The three stand in the line and Icarus wants to run, go and squat at one of his new friends' maybe, but six months is not enough time to know someone well enough to stay at their house for a week. He will just have to suck it up and go back. To Hawkins. Shitty little Hawkins.

Something is drawing him there. He can sense it. He feels like it's Steve, another is telling him it's just gonna be something worse happening again, because something worse happened three years in a row, who's to say another won't happen? He feels anxious as they made their way closer and closer to the terminal. Maybe it's not too late to turn back.

He'll beg his new friend, Melanie, on his hands and knees if he has to, he'll take some money out of his trust fund if he really really has to, just use it and stay at some random hotel. But then they were on the airplane, his seatbelt fastened and his heart racing a thousand miles per minute. He tries to calm himself down as his mom looks at him, slipping off her sunglasses. "Are you okay honey?"

"Peachy keene."

The flight was only two hours long and when they landed, Icarus was practically dragging his feet behind his parents with an annoyed look on his face. "I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. I hate this." He whispers repeatedly on their way to the exit of the airport.

"Saying you hate this over and over won't teleport you back to home." His mom, Mary, says and he merely rolls his eyes. "I can try!" He says sarcastically as his dad loads up the trunk and they got into the backseat. Icarus got the window seat with his forehead against the window the whole way to his grandma's which was about an hour. Roughly.

The taxi ride took a while, but at least Icarus has free time to do whatever the fuck he wants while his mom and his dad catch up with his grandma. He didn't know what the fuck he was doing. He sat directly across his grandmother and his mother who are talking all about their lives in their new home, in New York where Riley was attending classes at Barnard.

"And what about you, my dear Icarus, how is New York for you?" His grandma, Lorraine asked with a sweet little smile and he shrugs. "Good... I made some friends." He's fidgeting with the zipper of his leather jacket as his leg started bouncing up and down. "Oh, that's nice," she said and then Matthew walks in. "Hi, mom," he smiled widely at her, then went to her side to formally greet his mother in-law. She had always insisted he call her mom too and not Mrs. Morris or Lorraine. It kinda stuck.

Icarus smiled faintly then glanced down. "You know what? I'm gonna go see a friend." He got up suddenly. He glanced at the watch on his wrist and saw it say 5:45 p.m. Robin should be at Family Video by now. He prays for a moment that Steve had the day off or something of the sorts when a pair of keys were tossed towards him and he quickly looks up after catching them in between his hands and chest. "Take Betty!" His grandmother's grinning.

"Grandpa's car?" He asked and she nods, smiling big. His grandfather's car is a sweet cherry red Ford Thunderbird. Icarus always liked the look of it, it was nice but not his style. He couldn't really turn down the offer though, now seated in the red leather chairs before driving off and heading to Family Video.

When he got there, he turned off the engine and got out to head inside, smiling at the sight of a Robin Buckley behind the counter, sorting out some tapes when he walked up. "Welcome to Family Video, how can I..." The girl's voice trailed off at the sight of Icarus. "Rus!" She cried out, running around the counter as he smiled widely. "Rob!" He says as she threw her arms around him and he hugs back tightly, smiling widely. "I missed you!"

"I missed you more!" He says, ruffling her hair gently and she pushes him back gently, adjusting it as she giggled. "Who's car is that? Your sugar daddy's?" She asked and he rolls his eyes. "My grandpa's." He explains and she nods. "Visiting for Spring break?" She asked as she goes behind the counter.

"Yeah... my mom called in that I was gonna be absent today and tomorrow so I get a head start on my break." He sighs as he leans against the counter. "Oh, cool. Lucky you! I have to go to a stupid pep rally tomorrow and it's like the worst because there's this really cool girl, Vickie? And she's like super nice and super--" "a crush you mean?" He leans forward a bit and she quickly glances over, scoffing.

"No..." She says but her blush says otherwise as he smiles widely. "That's super cute, Buckley." He says and she looks at him. "Steve's on his break." She says and he glanced down. "I'm not here for Steve... I'm here for you." He gestured towards her and she dramatically puts a hand to her chest with an awestruck face. "Me, little old me?" She asked and he chuckles. "Yeah... just wanted to see an old friend again." He says, smiling.

"I missed you, really, Rus." She walks over to stand in front of him and he nods. "Yeah, me too." He smiled and she smiles wider. "We all do." She adds and he glanced down, playing with the hem of his jacket sleeve. "I miss you all too." He says quietly and she just smiles widely. "Great!" She said then the bells above the door ring gently as a voice calls out, "Robin? Did you see that fucking Thunderbird out in front? What kind of douchebag..." Steve's voice trailed off at the sight of Icarus.

His ex who's sort of glaring at him and Robin is making a face at him to say cut it out. "My grandpa. That douchebag would be my grandpa." Icarus says, crossing his arms and Steve quickly adjusted his hair and hid his Family Video vest behind himself. "Sorry... hey... how's it going?" He rushed out rather quickly as Icarus just taps the top of the counter with his fingers. "I'll... be in the back." Robin suddenly rushed off, heading to the room in the back as Steve walks around the counter to stand in front of Icarus.

"So... um, how have you been?" Steve asked and Icarus really hated the small talk. So when he doesn't reply, the Harrington sighed. "Why haven't you responded to any of my letters?" He decides to cut to the chase and Icarus shrugged lightly. "I guess I didn't feel like it." He says and Steve leans closer to him.

"If I... in any way, made you upset because I just wanted to be friends, I'm sorry--" "no. It's not even about that, Steve, it really isn't..." Icarus quickly cut him off and the shorter glanced down, fidgeting with his hands. "I just wanna know where things went wrong with us because I have been trying and... it's like you're not even there anymore. Like you've cut all ties with me." He gestured between them.

"Then answer this question, Steve... how long did it take for you to move on and stick your dick in some girl?" He asked and Steve's brows furrow together, standing up straight. "What? How--how--" "Chris and I kept touch... lot more than you ever tried. I mean letters? He practically calls me every week to check on me. Sends me little letters talking about life here in Hawkins, even some photos. And, how great is that? Barely a month after I've moved and he's already mentioning you going out on dates with a girl. Not even one, multiple girls." Icarus says, he sounds angry while talking and Steve just looked away, gulping.

"I thought we agreed to be friends... when you moved, I mean." He glanced back up and Icarus just nods. "Yeah, totally... it's just, so weird to me it didn't take you long to move on." He says before crossing his arms.

"Whatever. I'm not here to ask questions and pretend to be all buddy-buddy. I only came to see Robin. And I have, so I'm gonna go." He turned around. "Icarus, wait," Steve stops him quickly. He sighed before turning around to look at him. "I--I missed you." He said and Icarus nods. "Cool." And then he left.

authors note lol 🫶🏼
ofc bc of the stancy bullshit (emphasis on bullshit 🤭) this season, there will be some angst for my boyos.
idk i guess bc i really like angst. unlike with love my way and jeddie, there will be no icarus x eddie, just a bromance bc they are the same person but in different font & icarus is out of his metalhead era (he still loves metal a lot though thats why they'll get along)

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

179K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
369K 13.2K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
825K 38.1K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
124K 3.4K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...