Butterflies 🦋

By hopelesslyanIdiot

this is just a short story it's also my first I cannot spell and my punctuation is bad so this is going to su... More

Hangover?
Not A Hangover
The Hospital
The House Of Asmodeus
Nightmares
New And Improved
Phonecall
A Week
The House Of Mammon
Low Battery
Interrogation
A Long Fucking Story
A Long Fucking Story II
Trust
Calm Before The Storm
The Contract
The Moment You've All Been Waiting For
The Date
The Warning
An Eye For An Eye
The Dead
Open Eyed
...Click...
Pocket Sized Trade
Deja Vu

A Shot In The Dark

758 20 22
By hopelesslyanIdiot

[ me desperately covering plot holes with flex tape: DON'T LOOK!!! PLEASE!!!

[ Also violence warning ⚠️ ]

Fizzarolli feels warm sunlight hit his face, he blinks a few times, checking too make sure he's seeing correctly.

He's in Ozzie's bed again, that's no surprise, he remembers going home with Ozzie. What he's not fully able to recall is why blitzø's jacket is on the coat hanger of Ozzies room.

Maybe it's not blitzøs, maybe he bought it last night and doesn't remember? That's weird. He never wears leather, it's hot and in his opinion, ugly.

Then it hits him, like a school bus full of crying children, he remembers last night. He must've had something strong to drink.

He groans, his splitting headache confirming his theory, he glances at his phone. It reads twelve thirty PM.

There's a sound at the door, he looks up and sees Ozzie standing in the doorway. "Oh, you're awake, good morning!" He says fully walking into the room.

Fizz nods his head, putting his phone away. "are you feeling okay?" Ozzie asks.

"I feel like I've been hit by a car, but other than that I'm fine."

Ozzie hums in response, he's holding a plate with toast and eggs. "I got you some breakfast" Fizz smiles, thanking him, and Ozzie hands him the plate.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright? You were very...upset last night"

Fizz stops shoving scrambled eggs into his face and looks back up at him, Ozzie continues speaking. "Did something happen that you want to talk about?"

Fizzarolli falters for a moment, uncertainty in his body language, but he sets his plate down and nods.

Asmodeus sits on the bed, giving fizz his full attention, listening.

"It was an old...friend, he came by and we...had an argument I guess" fizz isn't exactly sure what to say, oh yeah, my ex came by and I verbally assaulted him because it's his fault I'm so fucked up!

He grimaces, Ozzie holds his hand, using his thumb to rub comforting circles into the top of it. He's quiet for a few minutes until Ozzie speaks.

"It's okay if you don't feel like talking about it anymore, i understand it's hard."

Fizz looks up at him again, giving a sad smile. "Thanks big guy," and he nuzzles his face into Ozzies chest. "Are we still going to the club today?"

Ozzie smiles, "only if you feel up for it" and pets fizzarollis head.

Fizz purs, bouncing up out of bed, headache forgotten. "Feel up for it? I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms from not hosting!"

Unknown to the two, once again, hidden in the darkest corner of the alleyway that split off the exit to Ozzies, someone was watching the exit door, waiting.

He hasn't got to wait any longer, as the door swings open, a short succubus holding a trash bag steps out. leaving the door open she walks over to a dumpster, she's on her phone not paying any mind to her surroundings.

He takes his chance, running quickly through the door and locking himself in a broom closet. He waits a few moments, he hears the succubus walk back inside and shut the door, nobody has noticed him.

He sits there, silently, he allows himself to be comfortable enough to clean his weapons thoroughly, preparing everything he'll need. His phone lights up, but makes no sound as his employer sends him a message, didn't he tell this clown not to disturb him on the job?

He glances at the message, 'you're certain you can get the job done? Otherwise this won't end well for you.'

He scoffs silently, of course he can get the job done, then again lust was a newer ring to him, he typically kept to himself in his home ring, wrath.

He shrugs off the uncertainty, sending a message back. 'ive done this before, it's not like I'm taking a shot in the dark here, at least not metaphorically."

He shuts his phone off, thinking about his plan, and the prize at the end rather than the fact he's never even been to lust before. After a few hours he'll find a way up into the rafters, it'll be dark and nobody will see him. It'll be a big crowd but they'll be too busy panicking after he takes the shot for anyone to see him make his escape.

Then he'll get his ten million.

The limo pulls into a stop, a butler getting out and opening the door for Ozzie, and fizzarolli. The two get out of the vehicle and make their way into Ozzies, fizz heads to his dressing room to get ready and Asmodeus goes to his office, as always.

As fizzarolli is walking through the hallway that will take him to his dressing room, he can't seem to stop thinking about what blitzø said, more specifically, the demon he had mentioned.

What was the name he had said? Stinger? Sticker? Whatever, he shakes his head, as if that'll shake the thoughts from his mind. if he can't remember it then it must not be very important.

He finally reaches his dressing room, entering it and locking the door behind him.

In the pride ring, a certain owl Prince's peaceful afternoon sipping tea and reading his favorite book, is interupted by the sound of his phone ringing.

He blinks, looking at the contact ID, before smiling and answering.

"Hello blitzy! How are you doing?"

His relaxed tone is met with incoherent shouting between three imps. He's only barely able to make out blitzø screaming at him to, 'open a fucking portal please, it's a fucking emergency, my crazy fucking ex boyfriend is about to be fucking murdered' well then, he supposes he can kiss his relaxing afternoon goodbye.

He hangs up the phone, setting his book down he opens a portal to the I.M.P. office, not very surprised by the unhinged chaos that is taking place.

He steps through the portal and with a single hand movement it's gone, he sighs before raising his voice above the other more chaotic ones.

"Ahem! What exactly is the emergency?"

And at once, both moxxie and millie go quiet, loona wasn't even part of the chaos in the first place, stolas doubts she even noticed the screaming.

Blitzø on the other hand, is at his side in an instant, pure panic on his face.

"STOLAS! oh thank FUCK you're here, you have to help us! We need a portal right now! My broke ass can't afford a mother fuckin ticket!!"

Stolas blinks, resting a hand on blitzøs shoulder. "Dear, it's all right take your time!" Blitzø takes in a deep breath of air, before rambling again.

"My crazy ex who also happens to be kind of famous is going to be murdered, by striker, like tonight! If we don't get to the lust ring and save his scrawny ass."

Moxxie mumbles something along the lines of, 'oh dear Satan'
Millie is holding him up as though he's about to fall.

Stolas is slightly taken aback, "oh yes, I see, you need my help!" He chirps.

Blitzø somehow manages to look even more worried, "No! Nonono!! You keep your feather duster ass here, Striker is literally still hunting you!"
He shouts, out of breath.

Stolas hums, "so you want me to open you a portal?" He puts his hands on his hips.

Blitzø nods his head quickly, looking less worried. before turning to loona and saying "you're staying too!" Loona hardly looks up from her phone, muttering something in agreement.

Stolas turns, waving his hands in one fluid motion he opens a portal, moxxie and millie grab their hand guns before stepping through, stolas leans down and gives blitzø a peck on the forehead mumbling, "be safe." Before letting him step from the hard wood floor of I.MP. headquarters onto the rain soaked streets of the lust ring.

Fizzarolli looks up from his phone when there's a knock on his door, he gets up and answers it. A taller incubus is standing there holding a clipboard, he looks at fizzarolli and speaks. "Five till show time!" Fizz nods, and the incubus walks away.

He figures there's nothing wrong with being a tad early and he exits his room, heading towards the backstage area he passes a broom closet and abruptly stops, what was that sound? It almost sounded like...a rattlesnake? That doesn't make any sense. This is lust, not wrath.

Shrugging it off, he continues backstage, climbing the ladder to get himself up to the floating pole he's meant to be lowered down from.

In their rush to get to Ozzies as quickly as possible, blitzø had lost his gun somewhere, whatever it didn't matter, as long as he could warn someone, or moxxie didn't fuck up, things would be fine.

But as soon as the bouncer had seen the three approaching, he had called security to escort the three at least a mile away from Ozzies. Apparently all three of them were banned from the club for life.

Moxxie and millie didn't fight, they tried to explain the urgency of the situation but their reasoning seemed to fall on deaf ears. Blitzø on the other hand was not having it.

"I'm fucking serious you stupid fucks! Asmodeus will be more upset with you for letting fizzarolli get killed than letting me in!"

The two gaurds looked to each other, one of them mumbling something about not being able to believe they were being threatened while the one holding blitzøs arm rolled his eyes.

Blitzø, in a desperate fit of anger, bites down on the guards arm, he yowls in pain and the other guard is tackled by moxxie and millie.

Blitzø starts running towards the back exit of Ozzies, he hears moxxie shout "you've got this, sir!" Just Before comically slipping in a puddle and falling on his ass, sliding down the alleyway on his back and hitting his head on the exit door.

He sits up, letting out a groan of pain,  shaking the puddle water from himself, he gets up and picks the lock on the door, quickly managing to get inside.

Up in the darkest and farthest corner of the above stage rafters, striker sits, semi automatic rifle held firmly in his grasp.

The only thing left for him to do now is wait for the jester to get on stage, and hold still long enough for him to pull the trigger and send a bullet through the pretty little heart shaped pendant on his forehead.

But for now he waits, like a predator waits for its prey.

Perched on the pink glass pole, fizzarolli waits, the lights go out, and music starts, he sees his cue, aswell as Ozzie in his booth smiling at him, and he spins around as the pole starts lowering down, he jumps off in a frontflip, landing upright. The audience cheers.

"Welcome, Welcome, to Ozzies! The lust rings best place to come when you're in a flaccid mood!" He cackles, doing cartwheels down the stage and stopping in front of his microphone.

"You know, speaking of-" he begins but is cut off by someone from the audience shouting something incoherently.

Blitzø is quite literally running as fast as he possibly can, he has no clue how to get to the stage area from the back but after a couple sharp turns and following the sound of demons cheering he's able to make his way, with his trained assassin's eye he's able to quickly spot striker.

But, striker also spots him. And he watches as striker switches the safety of his gun off, aiming directly for fizzarollis head.

Blitzø absolutely panics, and he knows he only has a few seconds before fizz's face is turned into strawberry jelly.

And in those few seconds, he makes a decision.

'i couldn't save you then, I can now.'

He swears his legs have never carried him anywhere so fast in his life, and just as striker pulls the trigger he tackles fizzarolli off the side of the stage, who shouts in fear.

The sound of the now multiple gunshots echos throughout the building, and there is silence for a second before the chaos of the terrified crowd ensues.

Blitzø opens his eyes, about to check that fizzarolli is okay when he sees-

The blood.

Fizzarolli's face is covered in blood.

He's not sure if he screams or not, oh god, there's so much blood.

And-

He's not moving!?

Why is he not moving!?!

[ 2,094 words ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577 35 8
|| The heart of Home, Wally Darling, becomes reclusive suddenly. And a once-welcoming neighborhood is now a shell of itself. Trying to find safety in...
6.2K 255 25
this story is a fan story of fizz and Asmodeus from helluva boss.. this is my first story so tell me what you think of the first few chapters I will...
3.5K 68 19
Requests open, this book will mainly feature: Stolitz Huskerdust Fizzarozzie Stellosika Staticmoth RadioApple --------------- 😽=Fluff 🔥=Smut (if th...