You are Spring for My Winter...

By IzabellaFehr4

A suddenly orphaned, young and weakened omega like Wei Ying, had little chance of escape when some alphas fou... More

🌷 | Intro + Note
🌷 | Characters
Chapter 1 | A sad chapter
Chapter 2 | The hiding rabbit in the realm of wolves
Chapter 3 | An alpha who not only followed the light
Chapter 4 | The alpha has returned home
Chapter 5 | Short omega stories
Chapter 6 | "You're like a white magnolia"
Chapter 7 | Bad memories come back as nightmares
Chapter 8 | Rainy day, tearful heart
Chapter 10 | A stormy evening
Chapter 11 | Legends and news
Chapter 12 | Back to the beginning
Chapter 13 | So far from hope
Chapter 14 | The hiding bunny
Chapter 15 | The hunting red fox
Chapter 16 | The last dark night
Chapter 17 | Know the truth
Chapter 18 | After the fall
Chapter 19 | The red bird
Chapter 20 | The first kiss of spring
Chapter 21 | Like the last breath of winter.

Chapter 9 | Shadow around the house

2.6K 192 9
By IzabellaFehr4

Since Lan Zhan didn't show up that night, Wei Ying was forced to fall asleep without the alpha. But as he thought rightly, it failed. After hours of sleeplessness, Wei Ying finally got out of bed. He went to the other room, took a piece of clothing from the closet, on which he could still smell the clove scent of the alpha, and went back to his own room. Clutching and sniffing the upper garment, Wei Ying fell asleep more easily. But he continued to miss the warmth that he felt only when he was always in Lan Zhan's arms.

---------------------

Lan Zhan didn't show up the next day either.

Wei Ying hadn't seen him for 2 whole days, nor did he know anything about Lan Zhan. He didn't even know when Lan Zhan would return home, .. or that Lan Zhan was going to come home at all. Fear has not left the omega's heart, it has only grown. This led to another sleepless night, and this time Lan Zhan's clothes did not soothe him as much as it had last time.

It was just after midnight, when Wei Ying woke up. Through the window the full moonlight filtered into the room. The omega turned away from the light and looked to the other side of the bed, where a few days before, he had been lying in the arms of the alpha.

Wei Ying stretched out his hand and pulled it across the pillow as he thought back to that night, then sighed sadly.

"Where are you for so long, Lan Zhan? .. Why haven't you come back yet?" said Wei Ying softly.

A little later, Wei Ying got out of bed and went out of the room. Leaning against the railing, he went down the stairs and then continued on toward the kitchen. Since the light of the full moon almost completely illuminated the kitchen, so Wei Ying went to the kitchen counter without turning on the lights. He grabbed a glass and filled it halfway with water at the sink and drank a little. 

Wei Ying had just put the glass down on the counter when he spotted a figure in the distance through the window. Wei Ying just watched the figure motionless.

But then Wei Ying remembered the old alpha's words - that Nie Mingjue was not only known to many, but even revered; even the (majority) of alphas. For this reason, too, no alpha or pack has ever entered Nie Mingjue's territory or near his house, at least not without his permission or in the evening. But some of the alphas and packs did not go to him out of respect, but out of fear, because they knew that he (also) had a reputation as an extremely powerful alpha.

That's why Wei Ying thought that the one he saw among the trees could only be Lan Zhan.

Wei Ying went to the door and opened it. A slight cold breeze immediately hit him, causing him to cross his arms. Wei Ying could feel the cold, but he could not smell the strong clove scent of the alpha. Although he felt strange about the situation, he tried to remain calm. He thought Lan Zhan was just too far away from him, or the cold had dulled the scent. 

Wei Ying walked along the left side of the porch, then stopped at the end and looked around. As he turned toward the backyard, he saw the figure again among the trees.

"Lan Zhan .... ?" said Wei Ying, though a little doubtfully.

Then the figure turned and continued walking towards the terrace.

Since Wei Ying thought that Lan Zhan probably didn't notice him or just didn't hear him, so Wei Ying stepped off the porch and hurriedly went after Lan Zhan. As soon as Wei Ying reached the back corner of the house, suddenly someone stepped in front of him.

The masked man immediately pushed him against the wall and covered the omega's mouth. The next moment, he stabbed the syringe into Wei Ying's neck. It was so fast that Wei Ying had no time to defend himself. After the man quickly put the syringe away, he clenched the omega's wrists and held it over Wei Ying's head.

"Good ... That's better. It's good that you don't use a scent blocker like I do. But that's why I just did it for you. Because you're going to need this on our little trip." he said, .. then then he took off his mask. That's when Wei Ying saw Xue Yang's face.

Xue Yang leaned a little closer to the omega's neck. He began to sniff Wei Ying's fading scent. Meanwhile, Wei Ying watched him the whole time.

"I knew it. It was really your scent I smelled when I was at the waterfall." - then the alpha moved away from Wei Ying. - "You were there, .. and it must have been you, when I was in the forest at night, and I saw you lying in Lan Zhan's arms. .. Then you were easy prey there, but Lan Zhan was not. .. That's why I didn't do anything then. But, when I recently saw Lan Zhan in the small town nearby, ... and with a beta, ... I knew where he had hidden you. And, I knew it was an unmissable opportunity to strike at you. ... Although Nie Mingjue is also dangerous, but .. if the old man can't smell my scent, he doesn't even know I'm here. Just as he won't even know where we went, little omega, .. since you don't have a scent at the moment, which would make the old man able to follow us." said Xue Yang proudly that the omega had successfully and easily fallen into his trap.

But Xue Yang's joy did not last long, for he heard the door creak open. Nie Mingjue stepped out the door and hurriedly walked along the porch.

"Wei Ying! ... Wei Ying, are you here? .. Wei Ying!" shouted Nie Mingjue.

Then Wei Ying started struggling and moaning again. Xue Yang's attention from the old alpha quickly shifted back to the omega. Because of this, Xue Yang did not notice that the noise of omega was heard not only by him, but also by the elderly alpha.

"Hey! .. Be quiet, you ... -" the alpha growled.

However, the next moment, two strong hands grabbed Xue Yang from the side and pulled him away from Wei Ying.

Xue Yang had barely stopped on his feet when he received a blow to his face, which caused him to fall to half-knees. Xue Yang propped himself up with one hand while lifting the other to his face to cover his broken, bleeding nose. He groaned in pain, and as he looked up, Nie Mingjue grabbed his collar and lifted him off the ground. The two alphas faced each other. One was stunned but annoyed, while the other smelled strongly of campfire and smoke.

"If I find out that you have entered my territory again, or that you have dared to go near the omega, I will tear off your limbs. ... ... Do you understand?" warned Nie Mingjue. His canines gleamed with moonlight.

"Get your hands off me, you .." protested Xue Yang, trying to tear Nie Mingjue's hands off himself.

"Do you understand?" asked Nie Mingjue again, pulling Xue Yang closer to him.

"Take your hands off me first, old man. ... " said Xue Yang quietly, after a little reluctance, then looked away.

The elderly alpha threw Xue Yang to the ground and then looked at the omega behind him.

"Wei Ying, are you alright?"

"Yes, .. I'm fine." replied the omega. Nie Mingjue calmed down for a while.

"Then, ... now you go into the living room immediately." ordered calmly Nie Mingjue as he looked back at Xue Yang.

Wei Ying obeyed without a word and went into the house. The two alphas' eyes met again.

"Do you have any idea how precious he is, .. huh?" asked Xue Yang lying on the ground.

"Do you have any idea what a mistake you made by coming here?"

"I knew what I was risking." said Xue Yang calmly and indifferently.

Nie Mingjue clenched his fists, annoyed by the alpha's overconfidence. He took a step forward, and Xue Yang stepped back.

"Now I'll give you a chance to leave here alive. And if you want to stay alive, I suggest you keep your mouth shut about the omega being here. Because if I find out that you've been talking, ... I will find you." said Nie Mingjue.

Xue Yang didn't reply, just looked at him coldly.

"Get out of here, before I change my mind!!" shouted Nie Mingjue fiercely.

Xue Yang stood up, then after a moment's hesitation, turned and ran into the forest. Nie Mingjue stood there until he saw the slightest movement behind Xue Yang.

After Nie Mingjue entered the house and locked the door, he immediately rushed to the living room where the omega was waiting impatiently for him. Nie Mingjue sat on the couch opposite Wei Ying.

"Then you're really all right? He didn't hurt you or hit you, did he?" asked Nie Mingjue worriedly.

"He didn't hurt me. ... But Nie Mingjue, .. I went out because I saw a figure and I thought it was Lan Zhan." the omega explained.

"Yes, ... I know that." - said Nie Mingjue, and after a short sigh, he continued. - "I noticed him too. Which is why I went to the room. But when I didn't find you there, I immediately guessed what had happened. ... Luckily, I found you in time and you were not hurt." said Nie Mingjue with relief.

"So thank you very much for helping me again."

Nie Mingjue smiled slightly for a moment, and then his face darkened as he saw the tiny red dot on the omega's neck.

"But he injected you, didn't he?" asked Nie Mingjue, relatively calm, but his voice was darker.

"Uhm, .. yes." - while putting his hand on his neck where he was stabbed with the syringe. - "He stabbed a scent blocker injection into my neck." replied Wei Ying more quietly, as he not only saw but even felt a tiny part of the elderly alpha's rage in the air.

The slight smoke-like scent of Nie Mingjue indicated this to him. After a short pause, the old alpha spoke.

"Don't worry about that. The scent blocker is harmless, its effect will wear off soon, it only lasts a few hours." Nie Mingjue calmed down, but the nervousness was still visible on his face.

Then Nie Mingjue got up from the sofa.

"I can see you're a bit tired. Stay here and rest for a while, okay?" said Nie Mingjue.

"Okay." said Wei Ying, as the alpha spread a thin blanket over his back.

"I'll be right back, I'll just go out and look around the estate, see if there's another alpha nearby who doesn't know where he's lost either."

Before Wei Ying could speak, the alpha continued.

"And I won't let anyone near the doors. As long as you stay in here, you'll be safe." said Nie Mingjue.

Wei Ying just nodded his head in acceptance as the alpha headed for the door.

Meanwhile, Wei Ying lay down on the sofa. He wanted to stay awake, but he felt that he couldn't keep his eyes open, and minutes later he was asleep. He didn't even know that this syringe contained not only a scent blocker, but also a little sleeping pill.

-----------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it! 💛✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 633 11
Simple village omega Wang Yibo, cutting all stereotype norms focused to make a place for himself in the society found enticed by an new entry in the...
6.4K 734 19
The sects were always looking for making alliances between each other. That's how two strangers got married but there were one condition. The omega...
35.8K 2.2K 18
Wangxian omega ff zhanyi omega ff twin brothers love story ❀️ Lan wangji ❀️ Wei wuxian Wei zhan ❀️lan yibo Yizhan English omega fanfiction Love can c...
4.1K 467 9
Demon king Lan Wangji (Alpha) forces Wei ying (Human , omega) to marry him.... How will their life be.... Will Wei ying ever love Wangji? For knowing...