Tales from the Phantom

By Blue_Hybrid_

Babysitting 101s, A deadly Virus, new neighbors, and some new and old faces. Memories, good and painful. Ligh... More

Welcome!
Pilot
Part title
Part title
Part title
Part title
Part title
An illusion
Mike Wars
The one with the karen
Vector's Neighbor, Karen
Thunderstorm on Angel Island
Rise of the Mike
Night Terrors
Problems in babysitting
My No Romance - The Pride Parade
Shadow: Safety Check
A Birthday to Remember
Terrible Terfs and where to Find Them
Blood & Tears
A day in the life of Vanilla
Trust, time, & patience
Baby Steps
Scared
Doctors & Donuts, what a day!
Working Title
Kitten' around
Heatwave
It Doesn't Matter... or does it?
Goodnight Longclaw
Breakfast and Small Talk
A New Mike
Attack on a Titan
The amazing life of Silver
One Evening at Freddy's
The Halloween Oneshot
Real; or a faker?
Battle Scars
This is why I have Trust Issues...
I promise...
Lost & Found
Hate? That's no good!
Blurry Vison
Thanksgiving Day
Hedgehog vs Bee
Sonic and the aro/ace rings
The Ow House
Monster Hunter
I won't be home for Christmas...
...Or maybe I will?
A Quick Thank-You

Christmas Eve

18 0 4
By Blue_Hybrid_

Tails couldn't believe it, Sonic was there! "Sonic!" The kit shouted out, seeing the blue turn to him
"Tails!" He responded back, rushing towards him, the two embracing in a hug.
"Where was you? I was so worried that something bad happened," Tails questioned, letting go.
"I'm fine, I just had an adventure, that's all," Sonic smiled, looking over to the others stood there.

"Did you really think I was gone for good?"
"As a matter of fact, yes we did kiddo," Vector laughed, Sonic sneezing and shivering a little.
"You look cold, here," Vanilla tossed the blanket that Vector had grabbed over, "Come on, let's get you home," Tails said, "Remember we're going to my parents tonight," he cheerfully said.
"Right, yeah." Sonic sighed.

"Actually," Vector interrupted, "Would you like to come to mine first. We can have hot chocolate, and cookies, and maybe watch a movie."
"Yes!" Charmy shouted, "I want to hear about Sonic's adventure!"

And so it was decided, the two brothers followed Vector and Vanilla back to the house of the Chaotix.
"I'll going to tell Espio what we're doing!" Charmy shouted, running up the stairs.
"Come into the living room Sonic, I'll help you get warm, you come as well mr. Tails." She led Sonic to the couch, before disappearing again.
"I'll put the tree lights on," Tails crawled under the plastic tree, switching the sockets on.

Cream reappeared, carrying a whole basket of her mum's load of blankets, along with a few pillows, Vanilla watching from the doorway as Cream offered them to the blue.
"Cream, I think that's enough now," Sonic laughed as she handed the fifth one over.
"No, Sonic I have to make sure that you are warm and that you do not get poorly," Cream pretended to get mad, making a pouting face, before the two burst into fits of laughter.
Vanilla smiled from the doorway, happy to see him safe.

"Ok kiddos," Vector smiled, bringing in a tray of drinks and chocolates, only just dodging Espio, who had only just walked down the stairs.
"Ah, whoops! Watch out Espio I almost dropped all the goodies," he chuckled as he popped the tray in the coffee table, handing out the drinks. "Be careful, they're hot!" He warned as Cream took hers, abandoning the nativity scene. She had been showing Sonic all of the little figures, but the hedgehog highly doubt that Rainbow Dash belonged with the donkey.

Vector then returned to Vanilla, the two kissing each other under the mistletoe.
Boy, I can't wait for her to see her Christmas Eve gift.

"Ohh, mints!" Tails grabbed a handful before rushing to the couch like a little mint gremlin.
"Can we put the movie on now!" Charmy cried. Vector knew that he only wanted to get the movie out the way so that he could open his gift.
He was about to answer when they're was a knock at the door.
"Oh! That will the pizza!" He grinned, rushing to the door.
"Pizza?" Sonic questioned as Vector returned with the food.
"Well, we couldn't have you being hungry now, could we. After all, you're apart of the fa.. fun! Yes, the fun! Now, let's get this movie on shall we?" He laughed nervously as he switched Disney + on, scrolling till he got to A Muppets Christmas Carol.

Everyone had seen this movie a million times, and know it practically off by heart. By the time it got to the second ghost, Cream was bored, and went back to showing Sonic the little Christmas figures.
Look, Sonic, this is the little lamb, and this is the wise men! And this is Mary," she excitedly told, Sonic interested.
"Oh! This is my favorite part of the movie when they watch the Cratchits have their Christmas Dinner!" Cream exclaimed.
As much as Sonic liked A Christmas Carol, this scene always left him feeling empty, like there was a void there to be filled still.

***

"Well, I think that it's time for presents now!" Vector exclaimed, getting a little flustered.
"Well, I guess we should go now Tails," Sonic began, but Vanilla stopped, "Wait, we got you something,"
"Wha-? Me? And Tails? Aw, you didn't have to!" Sonic started, watching as Charmy yelled in excitement at the LEGO set he'd just unwrapped, Cream feeling the same about her new My Little Pony plush.
"No, it's ok. We wanted to," she handed Tails' first, as he revealed it to be a jar off humbugs, "Bah, Humbug! Who told you I like mints?" Tails joked, everyone laughing.
"And, um.. Sonic.. this is your's" Vanilla handed a rather flat gift over, Sonic wondering what in the world it could be as he unwrapped the pretty paper, "What is it Cream?"
"I don't know, Mother wouldn't even tell me," she peered at the unwrapped gift, it was an envelope.
"Well, I'm completely stumped at what this could be," Sonic laughed as he went to open it, thinking that it would probably be a gift card, noticing Vanilla nervously looking at Vector, who responded by hugging her.
Glancing down at the sheet of paper in his hand still confused, Sonic began to read it.

This is to certifies that
Vanilla Rabbitson
Officially adopted

"Stop-" Sonic didn't need to read anymore, holding his hand up to his mouth, "Stop," he said again, this time with tears, "Is this real?" He read the rest of it, sure enough, it read;

Officially adopted
Sonic Wachowski

"I can't believe it," he cried.
"Well, on Thanksgiving, you told us how you've never really had true parents, just a foster one, so I thought that I'ld fill that role in," Vanilla explained, "Only if you want to be apart of our family, that is,"
"Of course," Sonic gasped, still in disbelief. This whole thing still felt like a dream.

"Ok, bring it in then," Vanilla held out her arms, Sonic gladly taking the hug. It just felt so nice, so right, like that void he felt had just been filled, "Thanks, Mom,"

"Ahem," Vanilla heard Vector, "Yes, I know that you're waiting for your present too, dearie.. oh!"
Vector was knelt down, holding a small black box.
"You're supposed to be stood up for this, but whatever works best for you I guess.." he joked, blushing like crazy, Vanilla immediately standing up, excited beyond belief, Sonic taking his seat on the couch again.

"Vanilla, from the day we meet, I loved you. Not a night went past where I did not think about how caring and sweet you was, how you made me smile, how you took care of me when I broke my arm. I want to spend every last day alive with you. That's why I'm asking you," he opened the box, revealing a ring, "to marry me,"

"YES!" Vanilla shouted. Louder then anyone had ever heard her shout. "Yes, yes, yes! I love you Vector!" The two continued to dance around the room, Charmy putting on the playlist that Vector had put together for this very special day.
Not long after, Tails did his goodbyes and left, promising Sonic that he would come round in the evening.

As everyone got ready for bed, Cream and Charmy putting out cookies and milk for Santa, Sonic made himself comfortable in the couch. Of course, there was Charmy's spare bed on his bunk that Cream after used, and then Vanilla sleeps with Vector, so they're wasn't enough beds for Sonic to have one, but he didn't mind the couch, it was incredibly soft and comfortable. Vanilla came over just as he was falling asleep.
"Merry Christmas son,"
Sonic smiled to himself, he felt warm and fuzzy inside, something he hadn't felt in forever as he closed his eyes to sleep
Hmm. Maybe this year hasn't been so disastrous after all

This story ends on a Wintery night at the Chaotix household

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 719 10
A mob attack + a locked door + a bolt of lightning = a very bad day for one little blonde, but there's a silver lining to this cloud ...
6.4K 46 22
I'm alone. I'm scared. No one can hear me. I'm slowly getting crushed. The air is being squeezed out of my lungs. I can't hold on much longer. I'm sl...
43.6K 939 62
*2018 USA* You're tired of the USA for all it's short comings (ex: the 2016 election, humans eating Tide Pods, being a bad country in general, etc)...
195 10 3
None of these videos I am describing exist! If they do I have asked permission to use them. Sonic characters will react to sonic's fears, traumas, a...