The Sacrifice of Love

By KeanaCalandrino3

There was never a crueler monster or a fiercer sailor than Davy Jones. The man who condemned lost souls to t... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
Bloopers?!
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~

~21~

482 17 1
By KeanaCalandrino3

"Oi! I was wonderin' where you ran off to yesterday, love!" Enid ignored Jack Sparrow's oddly friendly greeting as he approached them on the beach, alongside Hector Barbossa and the female pirate captain. "What is a woman doing with Jones?" she heard the woman whisper to Jack, then scoffed.

Enid let out a soft growl and bared her teeth, making the woman captain straighten out, but she did not back down. "Not just any woman, love - a banshee," Jack replied with a cheeky grin. Enid pursed her lips and glanced up at Davy Jones, but his angered stare was locked on Jack Sparrow as they approached. 

She then looked down at the bucket of water the pirate captain had to stand in, and she openly frowned at the sight. I will find a way to help you, when this is over. On the other side of Jones stood Cutler Beckett and Will Turner, and behind them were rows upon rows of British ships, awaiting on their orders to attack. 

Enid felt oddly uncomfortable at the idea of going to war with the pirates across from her, and Barbossa's words echoed loudly in her thoughts. "If ye think yerself so high and mighty, lass, why did ye not kill Beckett yerself when ya escaped his ship?"

Enid looked down at the sand with a heavy sigh, and she rolled her shoulders. All of this can be settled with the death of Cutler Beckett, and finally we will be free, she thought to herself. "You be the cur that led these wolves to our door?" Barbossa spat at Will Turner. 

"Don't blame Turner. He was merely the tool of your betrayal - if you wish to see its grand architect, look to your left," Beckett spoke smugly. Everyone turned to look at Jack Sparrow, who also turned to look away, which made Enid roll her eyes. Strange indeed. 

"My hands are clean in this...figuratively," he said once he realized they were all staring at him, then anxiously began to bite his nails. "My actions were my own and to my own purpose, Jack had nothing to do with it," Will spoke up confidently. 

"Well spoke, listen to the tool!" Sparrow said cheerfully, completely care-free. "Will, I've been aboard the Dutchman...I understand the burden you bear, but I fear that cause is lost," the woman advised, a look of despair on her face. 

"No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it." Will's words made Enid look over at him as the words processed in her mind, and the arm she kept wound around Jones' tightened protectively. One fool left to fight for it...

"If Turner wasn't acting on your behalf, then how did he come to give me this?" Beckett spoke up in slight annoyance as he lifted a worn compass. Both Barbossa and the woman gave Sparrow disappointed glares, but the man only frowned in defeat.

"You two-faced rat," Enid hissed loud enough for Beckett to hear, making him sigh. "Careful what you say, my dear, for you've chosen to stand on my side," he warned her. "I have 'chosen' no side in this pathetic attempt at dominance, and I only look forward to its end and yours!" she spat back, whipping around to glare at him.

"Easy now," Davy Jones whispered to her, placing his hand on her arm. Her glare shifted up to his face, but it dropped a mere moment later as her anger simmered down. She looked across at the other pirates, and she caught Barbossa's eyes when he flicked his gaze over at Beckett expectantly. 

He will not live past this day, I assure you, she thought with a determined nod. "You made a deal with me, Jack, to deliver the pirates - and here they are," Beckett continued nonchalantly as he tossed back the man's compass.

"Don't be bashful - step up, claim your reward," he taunted with a grin. "Your debt to me is still to be satisfied! One hundred years in servitude aboard the Dutchman, as a start," Davy Jones spat at Sparrow. "That debt was paid, mate, with some help," Sparrow pointed out, gesturing to the woman.

Seems the whole lot of them are twisted beyond understanding, Enid thought in annoyance. "You escaped," Jones argued. "Technically - " Before the men could commence their childish argument, the woman captain spoke up once more.

"I propose an exchange," she declared. "Will leaves with us...and you can take Jack." Both Barbossa and Sparrow stared at the woman in shock, and Davy Jones stiffened at her words. "Done," Will quickly agreed. "Undone!" Jack yelped, to which Beckett confirmed, "Done!"

"Jack's one of the nine pirate lords, you have no right!" Barbossa hissed to the woman. Enid straightened out and shifted her gaze over to Jack Sparrow. "I almost forgot about that..." she muttered to herself, loud enough for Jones to hear, and he grunted in reply.

"I'll gladly bring Sparrow aboard the ship," she volunteered with a fake smile to Beckett. "King," the woman replied smugly, looking at Jack. Wouldn't she be a queen? The pirate removed his hat and bowed to her dramatically, smiling. "As you command, your nibs."

Suddenly Barbossa unsheathed his sword and slashed at Jack Sparrow. He dodged the blow, but the beaded accessory from his bandana was sliced off. The monkey that sat on Barbossa's shoulder quickly scurried out to retrieve it before returning to its master's side.

Barbossa then stood in front of Sparrow, getting in the man's face. "If ye have something to say, I might be saying something as well," he taunted. Enid furrowed her brows and looked up at Davy Jones, but the man had no answer for her.

"First to the finish, then?" Jack muttered. Reluctantly, he and Will Turner stepped forward, narrowly missing each other as they swapped sides. Sparrow was then directed towards Davy Jones and Enid, who snickered as he approached.

"Do you fear death?" Jones asked him with a hiss. "You've no idea..." Beckett then stepped forward, the smug expression never leaving the man's face. "Advise your Brethren...you can fight, and all of you will die. Or you can not fight, in which case only most of you will die," he threatened.

Enid rolled her eyes and looked out at the ocean, where she could see the Flying Dutchman. All of this is useless. All I need, for this to end...is one chance. One opening, one unsuspecting moment...and we will all go free by the end of this day.

~~~~

The Flying Dutchman was anchored at the front of the armada, and there were British soldiers scattered about the deck. Ian Mercer strutted around the deck as well, eyeing the Dutchman's cursed crew with a look of disgust as he marched on with his nose turned up.

Enid stood by Davy Jones' side next to the helm as they anticipated the imminent battle commands. She was glaring down at each soldier who dared to look at her, and her wings fluttered each time as they remained folded against her back.

She would not back down from this fight, nor would she allow the likes of Beckett or Mercer to intimidate her. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she impatiently waited, and her eyes shifted to the sea every so often for any sign of a disturbance. 

Its waters were calm as the time passed on, but she suspected that it would swallow these ships whole soon enough, one by one. "Enid." She looked up when Jones spoke her name, and he held a solemn look on his face. "Once they release Calypso..." he began somewhat nervously. 

His hand then took hers and squeezed it gently, making her tilt her head in curiosity. "You must promise me..." he said, lowering his head, "...promise that you will return to me." He met her gaze as her face softened, and her other hand rested on his shoulder. "Do not let her claim you." 

Enid pursed her lips and sighed, then reached up and planted a gentle kiss on Jones' cheek. "You need not to worry about me, my love. We will emerge from this battle victorious, and we will never have to hear the name 'Calypso' ever again," she told him softly. 

Alarmed screams suddenly rang out into the air, and all eyes turned to the Black Pearl that was anchored across from them. The ship violently shook as a large figure appeared from the deck, still coiled in rope. "Calypso..." Jones hissed, his grip on Enid tightening. 

Enid swallowed a lump in her throat and took a deep breath when she felt her entire body stiffen. Her heart felt close to exploding out of her chest the longer she stared at the enormous, enfuriated goddess. The time has come.

She then sharply stepped away from Davy Jones, rolling her fists as a primal urge surged within her. "My love," he said, reaching out for her again. She stepped back before he could touch her and shook her head, keeping her gaze on Asherah. 

"I must do this...the Dutchman can sink any ship on open water with you as its captain." Enid then turned to look at Jones, a small but sad smile spreading across her face. "I love you." Asherah's loud, demonic voice could then be heard roaring at the crew of the Black Pearl. 

The goddess suddenly scattered into thousands of crabs that escaped into the ocean, and The Flying Dutchman soon began to tremble. "I love you!" she said again to Jones, readying herself. The swarm of crabs suddenly soared out of the water and came barreling down towards Enid. 

She was knocked from the boat, the dozens of crab claws digging into her skin and dragging her down into the sea. She fought as hard as she could, with tooth and nail, as she was slammed down onto the seafloor. Her legs had transformed into her tail and her wings had retracted, leaving her virtually defenseless surrounded by the vicious little crabs. 

"You ungrateful brat." Asherah's voice suddenly echoed all around her, and Enid spun around to try and spot the wretched woman. "You think you are so powerful? So all-knowing, that you may take what was always meant to be mine?" she taunted, then cackled maniacally.

One by one, each crab latched onto Enid's form and snapped and pinched at her with their sharp claws. She screamed and lashed out, knocking one or two off of her, but they were replaced with three or four. "You will never have him! As long as I am alive, he will never be yours to take!" she shrieked into the open water.

A crab had lunged at the back of her head, making her fall forward as she clawed at the wretched animal. That had allowed more of the creatures to leap on her, and she cried out again in agony as the water around her began to turn red.

"If that is how it must go...then you, too, shall never have him again." The seafloor then rumbled to life, and Enid could feel the water around her begin to surge and swirl around her. The crabs then fell off her form and scurried away, allowing Enid to straighten out.

I have to get out of here! She attempted to swim forward, but the swirling water formed a barrier in front of her and stopped her in her tracks. What is this?! Enid then tried to swim for the surface, but she was pulled back down to the sand.

"The ocean will finally be your grave, my child." Enid's eyes widened at Asherah's words, and what happened next had been too swift for Enid to dodge or prevent. A sharp, white light shot forward towards her, and the last thing Enid could see was Asherah's red-glowing face.

Her scream was ripped from her lungs, and her entire body erupted in white hot agony that stemmed from her chest. Her jaw was dropped but no sound came out, neither was air breathed in, and she felt her eyes begin to sting with hot tears.

Asherah was glaring down at her with enraged eyes, and she was panting heavily. She then harshly pulled her arm back, and the hand that had been plunged into Enid's chest was ripped out. Another breathless scream was heard from Enid, and her teary eyes glanced down at Asherah's hands.

The goddess held Enid's still-beating heart in her hands, and her blood was mixing with the ocean water. How could...? "It is done." Enid's eyes then closed as the air was slowly squeezed out of her dying body, and Asherah laid her down on the sand. "You may leave him to me."

~~~~~

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, I'M SORRY BUT I PROMISE IT'S FOR THE BEST, WAIT >.<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.8K 20
Having a brother like Jack , Clarissa would always have to sort out her older brothers issues but what happens when she has to board the Flying Dutch...
2.3K 98 12
This is my second book to my Blair Sparrow series. I recommend you read my first one. Blair is finally back with her Father, Back on the pearl and c...
299K 7.9K 24
Kira, the daughter of the sea. A girl, as fearless as a lion, strong, with the soul of a pirate and... A stolen heart. This is the story of a forbid...
15.7K 918 17
"Well lass, what say you?" The dark, mysterious man inquired. "Join this scum of a crew or get tied to a weight and sink to Davy Jones' locker?" You...