The Runaway Mate

By kate241

The Runaway Mate Carly Faye isn't your average seventeen year old werewolf, she's anything but actually. Havi... More

The Runaway Mate
Chapter:1
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter:10
Chapter:11
Chapter:12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter:15
Chapter:17
Chapter 16
Chapter: 18
Chapter : 19
Chapter: 20
Chapter: 21
Chapter: 22
Chapter : 23
Chapter : 24
Chapter: 25
Chapter : 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter:28
Chapter : 29
Chapter:30
Chapter : 31
Chapter : 33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Epilogue

Chapter:32

124K 4.4K 327
By kate241

Carly

Today was Sophia's funeral. Mike had called Xavier last night to let him know that it would be happening today, at two o'clock.

Though I had tried my hardest to talk Xavier into going he had decided that it would be far to dangerous for us to leave pack territory.

I had been upset that he wouldn't allow us to go but I quickly realized that what he was saying was true.

Everyday the threat of Mason attacking at any moment was causing stress to skyrocket in the pack. We were all worried and I knew that we had good reason to be.

Though we had been training vigorously I was still worried that we wouldn't be prepared for the attack.

Though I had wanted to Xavier told me that I wasn't allowed to participate in the fight. I was angry that he thought that I couldn't defend myself properly but a small part of me was relieved.

I wasn't sure how we were going to deal with the number of deaths that I know there will be. It's inevitable.

I had been practically smothering Aiden twenty four seven, my worry for him worse then any other. I wouldn't be able to deal with losing Aiden again and it was my worst fear.

I watched Aiden out the back window as my mind wandered. He seemed to have made some new friends and it was utterly adorable to watch him run around with the other small children.

I smiled adoringly as I watched Aiden follow around a young, blonde girl, seeming as if everything she did enchanted him.

"It seems like somebody has a crush." A voice spoke from behind me, causing me to jump.

I whirled around and slightly glared at the person, Collin.

"You scared me half to death." I accused as I turned back to watch my son, crossing my arms over my chest.

Collin stood besides me and for a few moments we stood in silence, watching the children.

"I wanted to apologize." Collin suddenly spoke up. My left eyebrow shot up as I turned to look at him, leaning against the counter behind me.

"For what?" I questioned. I couldn't think of something that Collin had done to me that would require apologizing.

Collin awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and looked out the window.

"I wasn't the most welcoming of people when you first got here, I actually wasn't the most welcoming of people ever, and I just wanted to apologize if I ever made you feel like you didn't belong here, because I realize now that you definitely do."

Collins apology brought a smile to my face and I gave him a friendly hug after.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that." I told him honestly, smiling. Collin smiled back and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah well it has been on my mind a lot lately so I just figured, you know?" He shrugged. I nodded and bit my lip.

"Why did you dislike me so much, at first?" I questioned out of the blue.

Collin pursed his lips and stared out the window once again.

"I don't know, I just wasn't sure what your intentions were. I could immediately see that Xavier was interested in you and I just didn't want him to get hurt. I've known him my whole life and after seeing what happened to him with Sophia I was just cautious of you."

I respected Collin for being honest with me and I was glad to finally know what had made him dislike me so much at the beginning.

His dislike for me had been confusing, to say the least. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"I can understand that, I mean I do know how much you care for Xavier." I admitted, smiling softly. Collin was silent for a while as we watched the children play.

"Why haven't you and Gracie had any kids yet, if you don't mind me asking." I asked off the top of my head.

I watched as Collins eyebrows rose slightly and he pursed his lips. He looked very intimidating at the moment and if I didn't know any better I would think that he was angry.

"I'm not really sure. We haven't talked about it a lot. I'm kinda just assuming that when she's ready she'll bring it up." Collin shrugged, like it was the simplest thing in the world.

I chuckled softly and broke out into full laughter when Collin gave me a confused stare.

"Well I think that you should probably talk to Gracie about that, you know how stubborn she is." I slyly hinted, knowing how much Gracie wanted to talk about it.

Collin still looked confused but didn't have a chance to respond as Aiden came running into the house.

"Mommy!" The small boy called as he ran towards me. I chuckled softly and reached down to scoop him up when he reached me.

Once settled on my hip I pushed his hair out of his face and kissed his cheek.

"Yeah baby?" I questioned as I walked to get down a cup and full it with water.

I handed the cup to Aiden and watched in amusement as he gulped it down.

"Can my new friends come back to play tomorrow?" Aiden asked, using his wide eyes as if I would say no.

"Of course sweetie." I told him and watched as he giggled in glee. My heart swelled with joy at the sight of my son being so happy and a tender smile stayed in place as I placed him back onto the ground and watched him run back out.

"Your a great mother." Collin complimented from where he stood in the doorway. I smiled and clasped my hands in front of me.

"Well I think that Gracie would also make a great mother." I told him and laughed when a light blush dusted his cheeks.

..

"How has your day been?" I questioned as I climbed into bed later that night.

Xavier was leaning up against the headboard and when I was near enough he pulled me on top of him.

I relaxed into his body and placed my chin on his chest, peering up at my gorgeous mate.

"It's been alright." Xavier answered but by the sigh that followed I guessed that it hadn't actually been alright.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, playing with the hair at the nape of his neck.

Xavier gave me a soft smile and gently squeezed me, breathing in my scent.

"I'm just worried. I won't be able to forgive myself if something happens to you or Aiden." He admitted, scowling.

I kissed his chest and smiled when he shivered.

"Nothing bad is going to happen to us Xavier. I believe in you and our pack, that's enough for me." I reassured him.

Xavier contemplated my words and nodded when he was finished.

"Okay, I believe you, and I love you so much." His deep voice was soft and the affection was practically dripping from his words.

I sighed happily and reached up to kiss him. His soft lips moved firmly against mine and I smiled into the kiss when his hand snaked around to squeeze my backside.

"I love you so much more." I told him when we broke away, panting for air. Xavier grinned and shook his head.

"Impossible."

..

Mason

The large pack of wolves behind me stealthily followed as we moved through the forest, the dark of the night covering us.

My wolf was on edge, as was every others, as we slowly crept towards the boundary line.

It was as if I was assaulted by a million and one different scents as soon as we crossed and I bared my teeth in anticipation.

They would realize that we were here soon enough but by that time it will be far to late.

..................................................

Hey guys (:

So this chapter is pretty short and a filler for the most part so sorry about that but I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading (:

- Katelynn (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 23.5K 41
When Leah is gifted with an abusive mate, you'd think she would give up on werewolves altogether. But a new experience opens her mind and heart to pa...
62.3K 1.5K 23
Reyna Maree is an abused girl who has a rough life. So when her mate rejects her, she is pushed to her limit. So she runs away and finds a new pack...
3.7K 66 15
If you think that this is going to be a normal werewolf love story, then just stop reading right now. Charlotte is a 23 year old with a lot of baggag...
801K 21.8K 38
Allie Dawson is in a family that is very important to her pack. Her parents were in charge before stepping down and passing on the responsibility to...