If Raven Signed

By HeyUImBlonde

What would happen if Raven signed her page on Legacy Day? The effects ripple out, and the students at Ever Af... More

Permanent Ink: Rewrite
Permanent Ink: Restart
True Heart's Destiny: Mix and Match
True Heart's Destiny: Royal Heart
True Heart's Destiny: Rebel Cause
True Heart's Destiny: However You Go Ever
True Heart's Destiny: Wind the Clock
A Twisted Thronecoming: A Brand New Hook
A Twisted Thronecoming: A Little Spark

Permanent Ink: Ignite

278 6 0
By HeyUImBlonde

Briar soon forgot all about her destiny as her party unfolded at the Red Shoes Dance club. She had been planning it since the first day of school, and was so happy it was going off without a hitch. She couldn't imagine what would have happened if Raven hadn't signed. Absolutely nobody would be in the mood to party.

"This party is ever after awesome Briar!" Cupid said, grabbing Briar's wrist and pulling her onto the dancefloor. She was a new transfer student from Monster High who ran a love advice mirrorcast show. Briar was glad she had come. The students here definitely needed help in the love department, and Cupid was really nice, too. Of course, she wouldn't be any help to Briar, who wouldn't meet her one true love for another hundred years. But she couldn't think about that. She signaled for Melody to turn the music up, hoping to drown out her worries with a good song. Then she joined Cupid on the dance floor, just as was expected of her.

...

Apple laid her head on Raven's shoulder, closing her eyes against the bright lights coming from the disco ball. True, she was ecstatic, and had enough energy to stay up all night laughing, but she wanted to stay by Raven's side. Raven, who had signed her page simply because Apple asked her to. She had never felt so grateful to anyone in her life. Now, her mother would be proud of her. She hoped Raven's mom would be proud of her too. They would live out their fairytale destinies, just as the plan had always been. Apple was content, although she knew Raven was sad. She nestled up against Raven's side and stayed there.

"You don't have to try to make me feel better, you know," Raven said, looking down at Apple. "I did the right thing. I did it for you."

"That's exactly why I can't leave your side," Apple said. She grabbed onto Raven's hand and interlocked their fingers. It made a warm feeling rush up inside her, but she pushed it down. "You did this for me. It's my job to make sure you have the happiest life you can before we have to play out our roles. If you're sad right now, I'll stay with you. We are destined to be side by side. Forever After."

Raven sighed, but relented and leaned her head down on Apple's. "If you say so, Apple."

...

"So, how do we go about this?" Cedar asked Darling, sitting closely next to her on the couch. The Red Shoes Dance Club had a side area where students could catch their breath after dancing, and Darling and Cedar had been hogging the seats all night.

"It's unclear, but we definitely need a plan." Darling looked over at Blondie, who was their key to getting back into the storybook of legends. Literally. She could unlock the door to the Headmaster's office and the book itself. That way, Cedar could figure out if there was something wrong with it.

"True. And we shouldn't approach her tonight. She's too happy about her destiny. There's no way she'd agree"

Darling nodded. "If she feels connected to the royals, she won't be inclined to help us. Although, she has a particular attachment to one rebel..." Darling's eyes shifted over to Blondie's dance partner and roommate. Cedar's eyes followed, landing on Cupid. Truthfully, she didn't know much about the new girl. She had transferred from another school, and she didn't fully understand her destiny. But Blondie had been very close with her ever since she came to Ever After high.

"Do you think Cupid could convince Blondie to open the book?" Cedar asked.

Darling shrugged. "It's certainly worth a try."

...

Blondie's day had been just right. She had curled her hair perfectly that morning, and had gotten it in that position that framed her face just so. Her dress perfectly suited her style, and Cupid had given her a million compliments on it. Then she signed her page, seeing herself loved and adored by her community, just like her mother had been. No one could say she wasn't a future queen. And then Raven had signed, meaning that her destiny, as well as her friends, were all safe. Then she had come to Briar's afterparty, and Cupid had spent the whole night dancing with her, as Dexter Charming was nowhere to be seen. She hated to be ecstatic at someone's absence, but she couldn't help the little happiness that rose up in her. Cupid was hers for the night. That, and Briar was giving her more attention than usual, making her feel like a real royal.

"Are you having fun?" Briar asked for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Yes!" Blondie shouted over the music. She could barely hear herself think, but she found she liked that. "This party is just right!"

"I'm glad to hear it!" Briar said, smiling. Then her attention got snapped away, and she excused herself for a minute. Blondie turned her attention back to Cupid.

"Briar seems a little dazed," Cupid noticed. Blondie had too, but she didn't want to say anything. It was rude to point it out to someone's face, afterall.

Blondie shrugged. "She's probably a little overwhelmed. This party is bigger than anyone expected." To be fair, most people hadn't expected there to be a party at all. Blondie hadn't thought Raven was actually going to sign.

"Well, I like it," Cupid said. "If all Ever After parties are like this, I'll go to every one! This is the perfect place to throw a party!"

"It is a nice venue," Blondie said. She took note that Cupid liked it so much. Maybe she could do something for her here, although her birthday wasn't until November.

"I'm glad I came here," Cupid said. She was a good dancer, and Blondie found herself mimicking her dance moves. She found most of what she did was just following others. Somehow she found more comfort in following Cupid.

"I'm glad too!" Blondie said. "You make this place just right."

...

"Would you stop focusing on Blondie and Cupid and pay attention to us?" Kitty asked impatiently. She was not at the party like everyone else, instead lounging in a tree, Maddie at her side.

It's not your time in the story yet. You'll have to wait for your turn.

"Kitty, it's not very nice to interrupt Brooke when she's narrating!" Maddie exclaimed, though she giggled as she talked. She didn't truly want to scold her feline friend.

"That's right. Pay attention to us. We're the important ones in this story."

I told you it's not your time.

"Oh, right. You're probably going to go back to Blondie and Cupid. Everyone knows they're your favorites."

"Everyone?" Maddie asked. "I thought we were the only ones that could hear the narrator."

It's not any of your business, but we're moving on from them now. But don't worry, they will certainly be back. For now, let's take a look at what Duchess and Faybelle are up to.

...

Duchess fanned herself with her feathery fan on the couches, after Darling and Cedar had finally moved. She was hot from dancing, and had to find someway to get away from Justine, who wouldn't stop asking her for tips. She wasn't here to show off, although she couldn't help it, as she was the best dancer at the school. No, she was here to have fun and let her hair down. Metaphorically, of course. It was much too hot in the club to let her hair down.

"What are you doing, moping over here?" Faybelle asked, taking the open spot next to her on the couch. She was glad Faybelle had found her, as she was really her only friend at this school. Well, she had Sparrow, but he could be obnoxious. And Kitty, but Duchess hadn't seen her since the signing ceremony.

"I just needed to cool off for a moment," Duchess said, emphasizing her words with the swoop of her fan. "I'll be out there outshining everyone momentarily."

"Sure," Faybelle said. She could always see through Duchess, but didn't care enough to press her on it. "Anyway, I just wanted to say I'm sorry you didn't get the destiny you wanted."

Duchess sighed. "It doesn't matter. It's not like I want to rebel. But as much as I don't like Raven, her not signing would have opened up opportunities for me. I could have signed on a different page, gotten an actual happily ever after."

Duchess looked across the room now for a destiny she would want. Of course, Apple's would be the best, but there was no way that was happening. She passed over Briar easily. A one hundred year snooze? No thanks. Holly O'Hair wouldn't be bad, but the destiny she really wanted was Ashlynn's. She watched the other girl now. Strangely, she was creeping out of the club, looking behind her as if someone might follow. Duchess narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"Oh, god, look at Briar," Faybelle said. Duchess moved her eyes reluctantly over to where Briar Beauty was eagerly asking everybody if they were having a good time. "She's freaking out. I better go calm her down." Faybelle got up from the couch, but turned back to Duchess before leaving. "Do you want to sleepover at my dorm tonight? The other bed is still empty."

Duchess smiled. She wasn't exactly eager to get home to Lizzie, who would surely be practicing her "off with her head" shouts. And it's not like Faybelle had a roommate to kick out.

"I would like that, thanks," she said. Faybelle walked away, and Duchess went back to fanning herself. Naturally, her eyes went back over to where Ashlynn had exited moments before. She couldn't imagine why she was leaving the party early. One of her best friends forever after was throwing it, and it's not like she had a lack of things to celebrate. Ashlynn had the perfect destiny; something Duchess would kill for.

Her jaw dropped as she saw Hunter Huntsman exit the same way. Why was he leaving? Additionally, he looked the same way Ashlynn did moments before: cautious and secretive. Wasn't that interesting? Well, if the two of them were hiding a secret, Duchess would be the first to know about it. Closing her fan, she lifted herself off of the couch and followed them into the night.

...

Faybelle weaved her way through the hordes of dancing students, making her way over to the refreshments table. Briar was talking to Lizzie Hearts, who looked eager to get away from her. Faybelle rolled her eyes as she came up behind her.

"And that's why falling asleep for one hundred years is no big deal!" Briar exclaimed, clearly making things up.

"Mind if I steal princess freak-out for a second?" Faybelle asked Lizzie.

"Please," she said, quickly excusing herself. Briar turned to Faybelle.

"Faybelle, hi," she said. "Are you having a good time? Everyone is treating you well, I hope?"

"Splendidly," Faybelle said. "But more importantly, what is up with you?"

"What do you mean?" Briar asked. "Nothing is up with me."

"You're going around asking everyone if they're having a good time." Faybelle motioned to Lizzie. "Shouldn't you be having a good time yourself?"

Briar but her lip, crossing her arms over her chest protectively.

"I am having a good time. It's my party. I'm just trying to be a good host."

"Uh-huh, sure," Faybelle said, not believing a single word Briar said. "You know, if you're having doubts about your destiny, that's okay. We all have--"

"You don't know what you're talking about," Briar snapped. She glanced over at Apple, who was still securely by Raven's side. "I'm happy Raven signed. Now everyone gets the destiny they deserve."

Not saying another word, Briar walked away from Faybelle, looking for someone who would be less honest with her.

...

Ashlynn paced back and forth by the fountain, waiting eagerly for Hunter to arrive. Everything was a disaster. It was like the clock had struck midnight, and now her perfect carriage life had turned into a pumpkin. By signing the book, she had secured her destiny as the next Cinderella. And as far as she could tell, her future prince Charming hadn't signed the book tonight. Otherwise, he certainly would have approached her. And she knew it wasn't Hunter. He had his own fairy tale role to play, separate from hers.

"Ash," he whispered, emerging from the trees. Ashlynn ran to him and he swept her up in his arms, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Oh Hunter," she cried, burying her face in his shoulder. "What are we going to do?"

"It'll be okay," he said, running his fingers through her hair. "I promise. We'll find some way through this."

"But now that Raven has signed," Ashlynn said, swiveling herself out of his arms, "everything is on course. We'll have to follow our destinies. Which means I'll end up with some nameless prince. I saw it unfold. It wasn't you Hunter. And you didn't see me."

"Just because Raven didn't rebel, doesn't mean that we can't," Hunter whispered, lowly, as if afraid someone would overhear them. Of course, they were alone out here. Everyone else was at the party.

"Everyone would team up against us," Ashlynn said. "There's no way we would be allowed to stay together."

"I know," Hunter said, stumped. Ashlynn watched with sorrow as his expression turned defeated. There was no way out of this for the two of them. But Ashlynn wanted to stay with him. She would do anything to stay with him.

"We will find a way," Ashlynn said. "For now, let's promise to stay together. Our love is so strong that even destiny can't break us apart."

"Yes," Hunter said, pressing his forehead against hers. "Take that destiny."

"Take that destiny," Ashlynn whispered, and leaned forward. But before they could seal their promise with a kiss, a sound from the bushes startled Ashlynn. She broke apart from Hunter, afraid someone would see them.

"Who's there?" Hunter demanded, puffing out his chest. He ran towards the bushes, parting the leaves to see through. But whoever was there before was gone. Ashlynn leaned down, inspecting the ground. She saw human footprints and several black feathers, possibly from a nearby bird.

"Someone saw us," Ashlynn said, panic lacing her voice. "Someone saw us, and it won't be long before they talk."

...

"Is all that over now?" Kitty asked. She had been lounging on her branch, listening as the narrator valiantly told her story.

"Kitty, what did I say about interrupting Brooke?" Maddie objected. Although she, too, was curious about when it would be their turn. They had been waiting patiently all night. At least, Maddie had been waiting patiently. Kitty less so.

"So, when does our part come in?" Kitty asked. "I'm assuming we're important in this. I mean, why wouldn't we be?"

I'm sorry girls, but I'm afraid your part doesn't come for a while. And you overhearing me is going to make things very difficult. You'll always know what the others are up to.

"We can't hear everything," Maddie said. "Only some. Presumably when you're in range. We heard everything from the dance club, and a little outside of it. But we wouldn't be able to hear anything at the school from here."

"Why would you tell her that?" Kitty scolded Maddie. "Now she knows how to not spoil things. What if she would have revealed some information we needed to know?"

It's better if you don't disrupt the flow of the story. Besides, you'll still overhear plenty. You're pretty much always near the other characters, after all.

"So we're side characters?" Kitty exclaimed indignantly. "That is so not fairest. I think I'll just make myself the main character."

"Now now Kitty, I think Raven and Apple are the main characters in this story! Isn't that right, Brooke?"

It's hard to say. There are a lot of main characters. And some villains. Characters who you wouldn't expect.

"Like who?" Kitty asked.

I don't get to tell you that.

"Of course not," Kitty said, rolling her eyes. "Then you might actually be fun."

"Some of our friends will be villains?" Maddie asked. "I don't like that one bit."

Don't worry, Maddie. I don't want anything bad to happen to your friends. And I can always warn you if things get out of hand.

"Well that makes me feel better," Maddie said. "Thank you, Brooke."

But since you said you can't hear at the school, I'm afraid there's something unfolding there that I have to get to.

"Of course you do," Kitty said. "Well, go. We were having plenty of fun without you, anyway.

"Bye Brooke! Good luck narrating!" Maddie said.

...

Back at Ever After, Headmaster Grimm had his own problems to deal with. Yes, Raven had signed, just as he had needed her to. But things were anything but simple. For the storybook he held in his hands was a fake. The destinies he placed in there, made up by him. He had no idea who the Charming's were supposed to take the places of. And he had no idea what to do for Miss Cupid. He had to find the real book while Raven still wanted to sign and make sure everyone followed their destinies.

Rain began to fall against his window as an evil laugh came from his mirror. Of course. Her. He turned to face the Evil Queen, who showed her face through her mirror prison.

"You. Where is the real storybook of legends? Don't you want your daughter to sign?"

The Evil Queen laughed in his face. "You have no idea what I want. You always were on the dull side, Milton Grimm. How's your brother by the way? I haven't seen him in a while."

"Do not speak of him," the headmaster said. "Tell me where the storybook is, now, while we can still get Raven to sign."

"Does it matter?" The Evil Queen asked. "Everyone thinks they've signed the real thing, meaning they're obligated to follow their stories. Now, if you don't mind, I have someone else I need to check up on."

She quickly disappeared into the mirror realm, off to find someone else to watch over. Possibly her daughter, or maybe even Snow White, who she still wanted revenge on. The headmaster cursed, throwing the book down on the table. Still, he could make this work. As long as no one discovered the secret about the True Storybook of Legends.

Tapping C.A. Cupid on the shoulder, Cedar Wood had other plans.

A/N: Thank you for reading! Let me know your predictions in the comments!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 10.2K 112
𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐎𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐯�...
126K 859 105
Just read it lmao......
1.4K 217 26
"It happened so fast seems like yesterday I had saw her." I know everything happens for a reason but sometimes I wish I knew what that reason was."
779 16 10
A week after Legacy Day and both Raven Goodking's and Apple White's worlds have been rocked. The Storybook of Legends has been swapped for a fake, wh...