Rise of Kings and Queens

Від lobo1989

The year is 0026 in the United World Century. Esme Cyr and her squad are the new world military leaders. Thei... Більше

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 38

7 3 0
Від lobo1989

JACMEL SAINT AND HIS TEAM CROSS THE LINE

By L.M.Taurus

2/13/0029 UWC

11 hours before headline

Luan sat outside of the safe house provided to Brodie Noble while in Haiti. Luan wasn't alone as undercover policemen worked around the house as gardeners.

A howler pulled up in front of the house and Luan reached for his blade. The police officers also reached for their weapons. Luan stood up as Cairo and Kara got out of the howler. Luan released his blade and the officer continued pretending to work.

"I wasn't expecting you," said Luan. "Welcome to Haiti." He shook Cairo's hand.

"Thanks," said Cairo. "I'm sorry about this. Jacmel was my protege. I should have seen this coming."

"Not your fault. I'm more annoyed with you," said Luan as he glared at Kara.

"What are you mad at me for?"

"Why do I keep being assigned to protect this jackass? You know I don't like him."

"It's not my fault he gets along with you the most."

"People think I'm one of his supporters," said Luan. "Do you know how annoying that is?"

"It can't be helped," said Kara. "Just your luck. Maybe you should take a soak in some holy water. Wash that luck off of yourself."

"Already tried that. Got some funny looks from the nuns and I'm still stuck here babysitting the jackass."

Cairo laughed and Kara looked at him. "What? That was funny."

"But seriously," said Luan. "If I get killed protecting this guy, I'm haunting you and Esme for the rest of your lives."

"Noted," said Kara. "Is he inside?"

"Where else would he be?"

"Take me to him. I need to talk to him."

"Follow me," said Luan as he led them inside. They found Brodie Noble in the kitchen writing something in his notebook. "Brodie, you have guests."

Brodie looked up. "Three world military leaders here to see me," said Brodie. "What an honor."

"What's this I hear that you're planning a protest at the Mexican embassy today?" asked Kara.

"Excuse me?" said Luan. "When the hell did he do that?"

"I had one of the officers put in the order," answered Brodie. "Is there a problem with that?"

Luan pinched the temple of his nose.

"Of course there's a problem with that," said Kara. "Someone very dangerous threatened to assassinate you. Never mind the other people who already tried. And you're planning to go protesting again. Are you stupid?"

"No, Ms. Saud," said Brodie. "I'm courageous. I'm honorable and I'm not going to let some terrorists get in my way of preaching to my people's rights."

"You're in Haiti, why not do it in your own country."

"Haiti is where the people who can make a difference are at. Hence the three of you and the President of Mexico, Delfina."

"Don't try arguing with him," said Luan. "It's pointless."

"I'm not here to argue with you," said Kara as she got closer to Brodie, standing over him. "I'm here to tell you your protest isn't going to happen and you're not leaving this safe house."

"You can't do that," said Brodie.

"It's already done. I also recommend you remind your people to stand down or they will be arrested."

"How do you expect me to do that if I can't leave?"

"The same way you set up the protest in the first place. Call that officer who sent your message. We need to update your followers."

Brodie stared at Kara for a minute and noticed she wasn't playing around. "Fine," he said as he ripped a page from his notebook. "I won't be needing this speech anymore. I'll write a letter to tell my supporters to stand down."

"I'll wait," said Kara. "I want to see that that letter gets the message through."

Cairo motioned to Luan to follow him. The two went outside. "That man seems like a handful," said Cairo.

"He is," said Luan. "He really believes the bullshit he preaches and his people just eat that shit up. It's unbelievable."

"There was something I wanted to ask you," said Cairo. "You fought one of the Haitian girls in their armor."

"I did," said Luan. "Her name was Allegra. I got careless protecting that dick inside and she almost killed me. She had me dead to rights and if it wasn't for Esterline, I'd probably be dead."

"Esterline?"

"A Haitian refugee who ran a shelter in Brodie's hometown. She told Allegra to stand down."

"So Esterline is leading the armored women?"

"We don't know," said Luan. "They're in hiding. Kara was trying to track them down but I guess there's so much shit going on she has to deal with the Brodie shit instead."

"And now we have Jacmel on top of everything," said Cairo. "What a predicament we've gotten ourselves in."

"We'll handle it."

"I'll be helping you out with Brodie," said Cairo. "Esme assign me as your back up."

"Is it because of your relationship with Jacmel?"

"I believe so."

Kara came outside with a police officer who held a letter. "You take that to the people it's intended for," she said to the officer. "Do you understand me?"

"Yes ma'am," said the officer.

"Then you'll return to base for reassignment."

The officer gave her a salute and left.

"Un freaking believable," said Kara as she turned to her squadmates. "Are you guys all set?"

"Yes," answered Cairo. "We'll be here."

"Stay safe." Kara left in her howler.

****

Luan and Cairo were playing cards when they heard something. "What's that?" said Luan as he stood up.

Cairo stood up and they looked down the street. "It sounds like a chant."

"What the hell," said Luan as he saw a group of people marching their way. "The fucking protesters." Luan went inside while Cairo stayed out.

Luan found Brodie relaxing in his bed. "What did you do?"

"I need more context to that question," said Brodie. "What did I do today? Or what did I do for lunch?"

"Why are there protesters coming our way?"

"That is a good question," said Brodie as he sat up. "But I don't know the answer."

Luan grabbed Brodie by the arm and pulled him up. "How did they find this place?"

"Another good question that I don't know the answer to."

"Stop fucking around."

"I'm not," said Brodie. "What's going on outside is not my doing. And can you let me go?"

Luan tightened his grip.

"Ouch."

"Let's go." Luan pulled Brodie along and went outside.

The protesters stood outside chanting Brodie Noble's name while the police officers held them back.

"Tell them to go home," ordered Luan.

"I can do that, but that doesn't mean they'll listen."

"They'll listen to you. Now tell them." Luan pushed Brodie forward.

Brodie gestured for the crowd to lower their voices. Once they were quiet, Brodie spoke. "Thank you everyone for your concern. I'm fine. The world military are protecting me. You don't-"

Brodie was cut off when a sword went flying right towards his face. Luan went forward and blocked the attack with his shield.

"Go inside," said Luan and Brodie rushed inside.

Luan and Cairo looked into the crowd as they made a circle around Jacmel, Renz and Bessy. It was Jacmel who had thrown the sword, but he still held two more.

"What did I say about injustices?" he yelled.

"That they'll be dealt with extreme prejudice," said Renz and Bessy.

"It's time to keep our word."

Jacmel, Renz and Bessy started cutting down the protesters around them. Luan and Cairo could only watch in horror as the three killed multiple people within seconds. The crowd ran in all directions as they tried to escape.

Luan and Cairo rushed into the crowd, having to push their way through the people. They reached Renz and Bessy. The four of them looked at each other before deciding to clash blades. Renz and Bessy were no match for Luan and Cairo.

Luan was about to give Renz a killing blow when Cairo yelled no. Luan instead kicked Renz in the face and he landed on his back. Luan and Cairo stood over Renz and Bessy who were unarmed.

"Seems you forgot about someone," said Renz as he pointed past them.

Luan and Cairo looked back and saw Jacmel kill a police officer right outside of the safe house. Jacmel went inside and Luan and Cairo took off running after him.

Before Luan and Cairo could reach the house, a cannon blast went off. They both stopped, not knowing where it came from. Another cannon blast went off and a hole was blown out of the house.

Jacmel jumped out of that hole and took off running. He stopped across the street from Luan and Cairo.

"You fuckers were protection the Agent of Dependency," he accused.

"Huh," Luan said as Brodie walked out of the house wearing an Agent of Dependency armor. "How the fuck is that possible?"

A police officer walked out of the house from behind Brodie. The officer offered a golden mask to Brodie. Brodie took the mask and smiled as he put it on.

"That mother fucker has been the Agent of Dependency this entire time," said Luan.

"You didn't know," said Jacmel.

"Of course I didn't know," yelled Luan.

"I don't believe you," said Jacmel. "I bet you're one of them."

Jacmel was about to confront Luan when howlers came speeding down the street. Luan, Cairo and Jacmel had to get out of the way as the howler drove up to Brodie Noble. Brodie and the officer got in the howler and they drove off.

Cairo looked for Jacmel and his squad but they escaped as well.

"Fuck," said Luan as he slammed his shield in the ground. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," he yelled as he smashed his shield. 

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

New Rome: Rise of the Augustans Від Garrett Bradley

Наукова фантастика

44 0 8
Humanity's desire to develop teleportation has gone horribly wrong... An experiment in Eurasia has ripped a hole in-between two plains of existence;...
Mech Від Mixikii

Пригоди

277 10 20
An apocalypse is among us and the world is falling apart at the seams, however this isn't zombies. The year is 3068, the idea of a Mechanical city t...
148 2 16
In the distant future of the 28th century, mankind survived near extinction and then made it into the wider galaxy, with almost no other sapient life...
3.9K 324 15
The Adventures of Morley and Boots: The crew of the Leapfrog travel randomly about the galaxy in search of unique lifeforms to trap & trade. Intra-ga...