"every day"

By idontreadbutwrite

Eddy came back from a trip with a book that changed his life. A story where Brett and Eddy are studying in G... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 4

33 1 1
By idontreadbutwrite

Brett quietly followed Eddy back to their dorm, not knowing what to say.

It's not the latest that he came back, and also not the first time he came back with an out-of-battery phone. This is, however, the first time Eddy was out here looking for him, or maybe, waiting for him.

They stepped inside the dim living room with only the lights from Eddy's room illuminating it. That looked like a path to walk on. Brett thought distractingly.

Just as he was about to return to his room, Eddy suddenly turned and hugged him from behind.

Brett was stunned. What is happening?

"......"

They can hear and feel each other's heartbeats and pulses, though they might be too occupied with their own feelings to actually acknowledge that.

An eternity seemed to have passed, as they stood there in the eerily stifled atmosphere.

Brett has now become much calmer after the initial shock. Eddy is probably going to flee if I don't caught on to him. He thought.

Should I turn quickly and catch him or do it slowly?

He decided to gradually pull up his hand to his chest, hovering over the arms around him. "...Eddy." And before Eddy could flinch and take back his hands, Brett put down his violin case and grabbed onto him then turned around.

Their eyes were already accustomed to the darkness, as they looked into each other's eyes. Before Eddy abruptly turned away trying to hide his bunny red eyes.

He tried to pull out his hands to cover his face, but to no avail, Brett kept them firmly in his hands.

Maybe I should be brave for once. A thought crossed Brett's mind. Just do it.

Brett reached out his right hand and brought Eddy's head on his left shoulder, his other hand still holding Eddy's arm, now closer to the wrist.

Badump– Badump– Badump–

Not even 3 minutes had passed, with Brett's hand doing tiny circles on Eddy's back. Brett felt a bit of pain coming from his own back. Without enough support with the weight of a head on it, I don't think I can last. He doesn't think Eddy's comfortable like this either. His back and waist are probably hurting from leaning down for long as well.

Eddy still didn't speak, though. As Brett expected.

He contemplated a bit on whether to move them to the couch, or maybe this is too much for a day, they should talk another time.

Taking a step back, making sure Eddy is standing on his own. Brett suddenly had an idea.

He looked straight into Eddy's eyes, and said it slowly: "I want you to be honest with me. Even if it hurts. Although I would prefer for it not to hurt."

Eddy at first avoided his gaze, but hearing what he said, he slowly turned his head towards Brett. Eyes cloudy and a bit unfocused. Maybe with a little bit of shock or surprise, Brett isn't sure.

I think this is enough. He squeezed out a little smile, and then left with his violin.

§§

Brett came back to his room and leaned on the door for a moment to calm himself.

I really said it. He thought. His breathing was quick and light, his heart rate also back at Allegro. I hope he recognised it was from the book.

There's a single knock on the door, so quiet that Brett would've missed it not if he's leaning against it. He immediately held his breath, not wanting to miss the slightest action from the other side.

"I'm sorry." Brett heard a small voice say. Came with another sentence that sent Brett's heart to the moon.

He doesn't think his heart rate can be faster than Prestissimo, but here he was, trying so hard not to make a sound while almost hyperventilating.

Holy shit, Brett thought as he slowly crawled back to his bed. Fuck. Aside from the fact that he doesn't want to stand up and make a noise to scare Eddy away or let him know he heard it; those simple words got him in a sense he never thought it would, now with a pair of legs that couldn't possibly sustain his body.

Back at his bed, Brett paid close attention to the sound from the outside, though it was a bit difficult given his thundering heartbeats. It seemed like Eddy also went back to his room because he heard the door close soon after. He heaved out a big sigh, still trying to calm himself down.

This is definitely too much for one day. Brett laid down and stared at the ceiling, again. Though he's not going to talk to it this time. It's too late, and Eddy will likely hear it, at least he'll know he's talking.

Worked the whole day talking to people, met the girl at the bookstore, kinda asked me out, practiced all evening, sort of been confronted by Archer, and now this.

Sadly, it's too late for him to utilise his usual coping mechanism now. He's also nowhere near the state of going to sleep either, even though his body is clearly exhausted.

He plugged in the phone and waited a bit.

Brett's screen stayed at the chat with Archer as he fell asleep, with the last line typed but unsend. After 15 minutes, the screen darkened and went to sleep as its owner.

§§

Fortunately for Brett, his shift the next day is in the afternoon only. They had more people on the first day because that's when freshers come in the most.

He met up with Archer for lunch with dark circles and bags under his eyes.

"Woah–" Archer's a little bit better than him. At least he got to sleep for more than 8 hours, which Brett definitely didn't seem to. "I don't even have to ask how'd you sleep." He teased.

"Ahhh–" Brett groaned hearing the comments. "Sorry, I fell asleep before I replied to you, but then I kept waking up. I got up at 9 or something..."

"Well~ You're Brett, the natural alarm. Of course you got up at 9." Archer sighed a little empathetically. "Let's eat. We don't have much time."

§§

"Hey, Eddy."

"Hi, Archer. What's up."

"I'm sorry for the sudden call and maybe you will feel like we're doing too much, but I want to let you know something..."

"Hmm?" Eddy was a bit surprised by the sudden massive words coming from Archer. Not that he spoke little, just not on calls.

"I swear I didn't tell Brett or anyone else, but Asher told me a bit about your 'war plan'."

He took in a big breath at that, and Archer definitely heard it.

"And... I think it's not going according to your plan..."

"I'm sorry, I need a moment..." Eddy wasn't sure if he was angry at Asher or not, he did know Archer quite well, but people can be nice but homophobic.

"Yeah, yea, no worries, I'm really sorry but I kinda know a bit on the Brett side, that's why I want to tell you and maybe help you guys." Archer paused a bit. "If you let me of course."

"So you're... okay with that?" Eddy asked tentatively.

"Okay with what?"

"......Guys" Eddy was trying to convey his thoughts without actually saying the words 'gay' or 'bi' since he's currently in public.

"Oh, well, I'm very supportive, especially the two of you. If that's what you're worried about."

Eddy heaved out a sigh as Archer continued.

"So what I was going to tell you is that, I think Brett got the wrong idea, half of the idea I guess."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I think this is meant to let him know you like him, right?"

"Um, yeah?"

"So, um, he did know that, but–"

"Oh my god." Hearing the words, Eddy couldn't help but want to crawl into a hole or somewhere and hide his face. This is the second person that knows his crush on Brett, the first one being Asher, which is a long time ago as it now seems. Eddy almost forgot the feeling of not just being out, but people knowing his feelings.

Not to mention the subject of the story knew it as well, Eddy doesn't know when Brett realized it, and when Brett told Archer, but now that he thinks about the action he took a few days ago, the fire is burning on his face.

"Eddy? Eddy?~"

"I'm sorry, I just... I don't know he knew it already. I'm just, surprised, by myself. I guess." I'm surprised that my body reacted this way. He added in his mind.

"Okay, well, I suppose you can panic after you hear the other news..."

"Yeah, sorry, go on."

"So, he did know that, but he thinks you don't want things to change."

"Huhh? Why?"

"I don't know! What did you have in the book? And what are you trying to convey?"

"Umm..." Eddy felt a bit weird explaining this to Archer. He doesn't know how close Brett is to him, and how many things they have talked about. But he tried to explain their 'war plan' to Archer regardless.

In words that vaguely delivered the content, avoiding sensitive words that people can easily connect the dots and map out a story. Their conversation seemed to have gone well, and now Eddy knew what he had to do next.

§§

After refactoring their plans a little, Eddy came back to their dorm with some dance in his movements. What he doesn't know already is that, there is something waiting for him in his room.

"What is this..." Eddy picked the item up and muttered.

The clock always ticks. There are times you don't hear it, and there are times that you do.

The handwritten words came with a piece of kraft paper, Eddy nearly couldn't recognise Brett's handwriting. Why is it so neat.

He took a picture and sent it to Asher.

§§

When Eddy woke up the next day, Brett's already off to OWLs. Which is a great chance for him to put the note in his room, or just slip it under the door.

When he reached it though, it was unexpectedly opened, as if knowing he would arrive.

Eddy gingerly stepped in, took a look around, and tiptoed to Brett's desk.

The book he borrowed Brett is lying in the middle, with a sticky note on top. Which he thinks is part of the prizes they got from a random lottery in a shopping mall. That bright pink colour he can't ever forget.

It's Brett's usual handwriting this time.

How did Brett know I was coming. Eddy cautiously looked around one more time. Brett's violin case is not here, he's definitely not home. Eddy assured himself.

As he was about to put down his note, take the book and leave, he saw another note under the book.

He took a sharp intake of breath. Am I overthinking? Is this what I think it is?

TBC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 3.6K 22
Classical music fans all know and love Brett and Eddy, the hosts of the TwoSetViolin channel on YouTube. There's never one without the other, they're...
8.7K 545 41
TwoSet Violin Fanfic where one takes a flight to forget and the other to remember. So far only fluff 🥺 You can listen to the book on my YouTube cha...
Andante By Avdk80

Fanfiction

364K 15.9K 200
What happens when two boys from strict homes meet and feel things they shouldn't? When Eddy meets Brett his whole world changes.
26.4K 1.4K 105
What is Eddy, a shy introvert musician like himself, going to do with his crush for a playboy like Brett? And what is his story behind his attitude...