New Wings

By -sublimate

Scott Hoying was walking in the streets of LA when he sees someone jump from the top of a five-story building... More

Chapter 1 - The Boy
Chapter 2 - Clipped Wings
Chapter 3 - Interrogation
Chapter 4 - Visit
Chapter 5 - What's a Good Name for a Teddy Bear?
Chapter 6 - Group Text
Chapter 7 - The Road to Recovery
Chapter 8 - Will You Take Me?
Chapter 9 - Moving In
Chapter 10 - Voices
Chapter 11 - Meeting the Parents

Prologue

535 31 0
By -sublimate

Helloooooo everyooooone! So I was looking through some of my old documents and found this old gem so I decided to post it on here.

Hope you enjoy it! ^^

_______________

Downy feathers brushed against my fingertips. My eyes fluttered open; at least I think they did. I could only see darkness.

But then light started to break through.

Then I could see blood in the air.

I gave a small gasp. There was blood everywhere. And feathers. And feathers with blood on them.

Was this my blood? Were these my feathers?

Even if they weren't, then why am I surrounded by all this?

Then I realized I was falling.

I sucked in a breath and tried to flap my wings.

I kept falling.

Panic rose up from my chest. My heart raced, my breaths were ragged and staccato; fear began to pump in my veins. A sense of impending doom filled my whole being.

I opened my mouth to cry for help, but no sound came out.

"Help! Please! Somebody help me!" I begged, even though I knew it was futile. "Someone! Anyone! Help me!"

Don't worry. Don't be afraid.

My heart nearly stopped as I heard a voice speak these words. The voice was detached. It was rough, gravelly, and throaty, but at the same time...comforting.

"Who are you?" I asked. Idiot. I thought. He can't hear you.

I can hear you. The voice reassures.

"Then help me!" I replied.

The voice laughed, melodic and clear. You have a lot to learn, young one.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

I can't help you up until you fall.

"I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I am falling!" I retorted.

The voice laughed again. Wait until you hit the ground. I'll be there.

My heart leapt to my throat. "I can't survive this fall! I'm too high up; I'll be crushed!" I let out a sob. "I don't want to die!" I bawled.

What the voice said next would send a shiver down my spine.

You can't die if you're already dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 4.5K 31
Scott's whole life is changed in the space of two hours. He's at a conference while his fiancé is pregnant and out visiting a friend. Samantha ends u...
3.5K 251 31
Scott and Mitch are besties for life, nothing can separate them. What happens when they end up back in the closet? This story is really really sappy...
48.3K 1.4K 28
Mitch is growing up in a troubling abusive home and feels like there's no way out until a beautiful stranger moves in next door and turns his world u...
27.9K 1.7K 33
A fallen angel is one who has rebelled against God and has been cast out of the promised land in return. Jeremy never intended to be one of them; he...