Serena

By ariesaf

I look at him with bewilderment. Emotion floods through me as he looks at me with boredom lacing his eyes. Hi... More

Important!
1.
2.
3.
His POV
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
His POV
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.

His POV

692 12 7
By ariesaf

Elias drives as I hold the food for tonight. Isla and Jax are also in the car as we are going to celebrate Serena and her accomplishments. Isla managed to snatch a couple of the photos from the shoot from Serena's agent and she looks absolutely stunning.

" I want to ask Vera to be my girlfriend " Elias says suddenly.

" I'm so happy for you man " I say

Isla and Jax begin to talk to him but my mind begins to venture off and I think about Serena and I. I've been meaning to talk to her about how she felt about doing long distance. 

I have also been thinking about asking Serena to be my girlfriend, but I don't say anything as I don't want to take away Elias's moment.

Suddenly, an ambulance and a cop car race past us and I begin to feel uneasy. Serena hasn't answered my messages and Eli hasn't been able to get up with Vera either.

Serena could still be busy or course , but what if.

" Isla can you call Vera? Let her know we're almost home "

" That's weird , it immediately went to voicemail. " she says.

" Try Serena " I say

" Voicemail " she says

Another ambulance passes by us and I begin to shake my leg as anxiety suffocates me. I try to tell myself I'm being paranoid, but my gut tells me that something has happened to my girl.

The rain makes it hard to see as we turn down the street , and then there it is. All of the ambulances and cop cars are parked right outside of Serena's house.

Elias slams on the brakes.

" What the hell man? " Jax says unaware.

I throw open the door and sprint down the driveway with Eli hot on my trail. One cop tries to tell me I can't go into the house and I push his hand off of me. Another cop comes and he puts his hand on his taser.

I let out a scoff before I once again try to shove past them both, and that is when I see them.

Vera and Serena hold hands as they lie on the floor, unconscious. They're barely recognizable as they are covered in blood but I know that that is my girl.

" Serena " I whisper

Panic consumes me as I use more force to push past the cops. I can't hear their words, all I hear is the loud thumping of my heart and the guttural sounds of Isla's screams.

" BACK THE FUCK OFF! THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND IN THERE!" I shout

" Sir if you keep resisting we will have to restrain you-"

" GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME! THAT IS MY SISTER AND GIRLFRIEND! "

Elias struggles against two cops as Serena is rolled out on a gurney and into the first ambulance. I try to run after her but the two cops hold me back by my shoulders.

" Kid stop resisting " the other officer says to me

Vera is rolled out soon after and a third ambulance pulls into the driveway.

What the hell?

" We might need another one, he's loosing to much blood " a cop says as he leaves his car.

He?

I shove the officers off of me before I walk away and towards the car. Nate sits there with his head hung down, barely recognizable. He spits out blood and I try to open the door.

" Hey! Get away from there! " an officer says to me

I punch the window, getting his attention.

" I'll fucking kill you! "

Elias runs to the car before seeing Nate and he takes off to the front seat to unlock the door. An officer drags him away before bending him over the hood and cuffing him.

" CALM DOWN! "

I fight against the two officers that try to do the same to me. A third one finally comes up and I am forced onto the ground before I am cuffed.

The cop drags me beside Elias who is leaned up against a cop car.

Someone comes out and he has Elias's bat in his hand , and it drips with blood. It's placed in a bag and taken into a white van. Soon , a knife is also brought out.

I look down as I begin to feel tears prick at my eyes. All I want is to be next to Serena, I shouldn't have left.

" Griffin? " Jax says

My head snaps up as I see cops walk up the street with a bleeding Griffin in cuffs. The cops get into the ambulance with him and they speed off to the hospital.

" Listen , your girlfriend needs you. If I uncuff you, you have to get in your car and go to them. Let me handle this part , and we will talk soon. " a officer says coming up to me.

——

We rush inside the emergency room and towards the desk.

" Serena Laurent?! "

" Vera Garcia?! "

The lady looks at Eli and I before she begins typing away on her computer.

" They are both in emergency surgery, the waiting room is to your left. A doctor will be with you soon. " she says

" Can you tell us anything else? Are they okay? " Isla asks from behind me.

The nurse shrugs before looking back down at her computer and focuses on something else.

Sighing, I sit down in the uncomfortable chair and we all begin to wait.

Hours have passed and Isla has cried herself to sleep while Jax holds onto her tightly. Elias has been pacing around the waiting room and occasionally he goes up to the front desk and he'll ask for an update which she only shrugs to.

I begin to get antsy as I wait and I think of my parents. My father has some of the best lawyers money can buy, and we are going to need one.

I excuse myself and head towards the men's bathroom and pull my phone out.

" Dad? "

" Atlas. I'm kind of busy at the moment, so what is it? "

" I need your best lawyer. I'll explain everything later-"

" Fine, but I need to know whats going on" he says uninterestedly

" I met a woman down here in Tampa, Elias's sister. Today her ex boyfriend and ex best friend broke into her house and they hurt her badly. She's in surgery. " I say as tears begin to fall down my face.

" I will send Annette down, but Atlas, you will end whatever it is you have with this girl before summer ends. " he says before hanging up.

I grow angry as I harshly wipe the tears from my eyes. I splash some cold water onto my face before I look in the mirror. My knuckles turn white from how hard I grip the sink as I begin to think.

I wasn't there.

My fist connects with the mirror, smashing it into pieces. The glass falls onto the floor and in the sink, but I focus on the blood that taints the broken pieces.

I stick my hand under the faucet and let the cold water pour onto my hand before I wipe it off on my shirt and leave.

As I sit back down, I put my hands onto my face as a headache forms. I feel small and petite hands grab my injured hand , and I open my eyes to see Isla.

She digs through her purse before she grabs a few napkins and she hands them to me. I give her a small smile before I take them and lean my head back.

My eyes fly open as I feel something cold on my hand. Isla places a bag of ice onto my hand before she sits down beside Jax, who sleeps.

" I didn't mean to wake you, the other one melted. " she whispers.

I confusedly look around and see that it's practically empty. I spot a clock and it reads three am , making my eyes widen.

I look back at Isla and she shakes her head.

" Nothing yet , Eli is around the corner at the vending machine " she says

" Laurent family? "

My whole body turns as I look at the male doctor with a clipboard in his hand. Elias comes running into the room and we are not far behind him.

" How is she? " Eli asks frantically

" Uh relationship to the patient? "

" I'm her brother, please how- "

" What about parents? This is some pretty heavy stuff kid. Can you call-"

" Let me stop you right there Henry. I can call you Henry, right? " Elias says with a slight laugh.

He's about to crack.

" I have waited patiently for over twelve hours with absolutely no news on whether or not she was even alive! Both of our parents are dead and we only have each other now. So, if you don't mind , Henry , how is my sister! " he says shouting the last part.

Henry looks a bit stunned before he clears his throat.

" Serena has a grade two concussion. Various cuts and lacerations cover her body as a result from the glass. We successfully removed all of the glass with no complications, but the shard that was in her side was presumably nine inches, and she lost a lot of blood. "

Isla walks away as she sobs , and Jax follows her.

" She has a fractured rib and a stab wound on her left thigh. Our best guess is a knife, from how clean the wound was. Mrs. Laurent is in stable condition and is now resting. " he says before flipping his papers on his chart.

" How about Vera Garcia? I'm her boyfriend and before you start, she was raised by her grandmother who lives in Madrid. " Elias says

" Mrs. Garcia has a concussion as well. The glass from the incident also left many cuts and lacerations, which we removed the glass as well. Mrs. Garcia also suffered a stab wound from a shard of glass which we determined was around five inches. She is stable, and only one visitor at a time. I'll be back shortly so I can escort you to their rooms. " he says.

As he walks away, he stops and turns around.

" As we assessed both women, we came to the conclusion that they fought back. The bruises on their knuckles and DNA under their fingernails were the main indicator. The DNA has been sent off to a lab for testing, and we will get the results in a day or so. " the doctor says walking away

A deep breath of relief is the first thing that leaves me. The second, was tears. I cried for Serena, I cried for the pain she endured, and I cried in relief, because I don't know what I would've done if she didn't make it.

Elias pulls me into a hug and soon we all are hugging in the waiting room, crying. We stay like this for a bit longer before we sit back down and begin to wait for the doctor.

To pass the time, I look at the few pictures I have of Serena and I.

I look at Serena wearing a blue dress and a big floppy hat. She smiles widely at me with her ice cream in one hand and a small drop is on her nose. I quickly make it my Lock Screen and I look at it once again.

I miss her.

The next hour, we all wait impatiently for the doctor to come back. Dad texted me a few hours ago with the flight details along with the name of the hotel the lawyer will be staying at.

" They are both waking up, you can see them. " a nurse says

We all jump up and I look at Elias, who is already looking at me.

" Go to her, she'll want to see you first. " Elias says

I head off with the nurse and Elias follows behind so that he can be taken to Vera's room. The nurse gently opens the door before she gestures for me to go inside.

" Hi sweetheart " I say gently

Serena's eyes flutter open and closed for a few moments before she looks at me. A small smile tugs at her lips as she looks at me.

" Hi baby "

I make her a small cup of water before giving it to her. Her small hand shakily takes it away from me before she sips on it.

I pick up the recliner and move it closer to her bed, needing to be near her.

" They told me Vera is okay , and awake " she says after a moment.

" She is, Elias is with her right now"

As I sit down and look at Serena, I can't help the few tears that leave my eyes. She places the cup down and gently wipes the tears away.

" I'm okay " she says

" I'm so sorry. I wasn't there, I didn't protect you-"

" Atlas stop, none of this is your fault. I'm here, I'm okay."

" What happened? Did they get caught?" she ask shakily

I nod my head yes before I tell her how I got a bad feeling when I saw the police cars and ambulances, all the way to us rushing to the hospital.

A few nurses and a police officer come in and ask Serena if she's ready to talk about what happened. She nods and grabs ahold of my hand before telling them that I'm staying.

" I want to see Vera " she says when she finishes

" You can soon, we don't want to risk infection right now dear " the nurse says as they all leave

Elias walks in with red and irritated eyes. Once he sees Serena, he cries.

" I'm so sorry " he says taking he hand.

" I've failed to protect you and I'm so sorry "

I kiss Serenas hand before going outside and giving them some privacy. I walk over to Isla and Jax before I update them.

After a few minutes Elias walks out and Isla goes in, and soon after Jax goes in.

The doctors are keeping them for a few more nights before discharging them, so I get a blanket and I make myself comfortable on the recliner.

So much is going on! What are our thoughts?

What happens next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.9K 1.1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
5.1M 96K 46
"๐‘ฌ๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐’”๐’–๐’Ž๐’Ž๐’†๐’“ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’š..." | | MATURE CONTENT 18+ | | ''You want to test mะต Grace?'' he mumbled, moving dangerously close to m...
1.8K 151 8
"I hate that you can see right through me" "The feeling's mutual" She was scarred from the event that occurred the summer before college. Thre...
38.5M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...