DANCING AFTER DEATH - kol mik...

By tobzka

(DISCONTINUED) PLEASE FIND OTHER VERSION (V 2.0, REALLY) ON MY OTHER PROFILE @inkboundsecrets THIS ONE IS DIS... More

~ PROLOGUE ~
~ DANCING AFTER DEATH ~
~ CAST ~
~ SOUNDTRACK & GRAPHICS ~
~ BOOK 1; CASPER THE FRIENDLY GHOST ~
~ ACT I; ILOMILO ~
01: Haunting Lonliness
02: Vampire? Bon Jovi?
03: It Was A Reflex
04: It Won't End Well
05: Je Promets
06: It Only Gets Freakier From Here
07: Oh... Oh Shit
08: We Were Kids
09: What Did He Do Now
10: Well Thats Not Concerning At All
11: Doesnt Mean You Cant Be My Dirty Mistress
12: Timeless Abyss
13: But It Didnt Mean It Didnt Hurt
14: For In Death, She Is King
15: We'll See Each Other Again, I Am Sure Of It
16: New Orleans & Voicemails
17: Remind Me Never To Piss You Off
18: Thats Actually Moderately Healthy
19: Birthday Boy
20: Founders Day
21: Ghost Things
22: Can You Hold My Hand?
~ ACT II; REVENGE ~
23: You. Owe. Me.
24: The World and its Petty Vendetta Against Eva
26: Elena Needs To Die
27: See What You Did?
28: Let It Burn Them Alive
29: Always and Forever Pt. 1
UPDATE :)

25: If You're Not A Price... What Are You?

447 25 10
By tobzka

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑟𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑤𝑎𝑦
𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ 𝑖𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑏𝑎𝑑 𝑑𝑎𝑦
- ᴛᴏᴍ Rᴏsᴇɴᴛʜᴀʟ, ℐ 𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ𝒹

ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ-ʀᴏsᴇ ᴘᴏᴠ

━━━ IT WAS ONE OF THOSE DAYS when the sun was shining, there were no clouds in the sky, and yet it was cold.

Cold enough for both Ric and I to need several layers of clothing to even consider training, cold enough for me to feel it from the Other Side. It was my first day of vamp-taking-down-boss lessons, mostly because both Henrik and Joey pestered me about taking a break from Mystic Falls drama, and although I was rather proficient at magic I could not always rely on Emily or Rue or the other Bennett's to lend me their power, and I needed to learn to protect myself.

To get used to a world without magic, me without magic. Because, although it had been several months since my first death and since I lost the magic that was wound within my blood, there was always the lingering feeling that it would never return. That the Original Witch, out of fear, had cursed me to a body that wasn't mine, and I had yet to accept it.

Alaric looked at me with a deadpan expression as I hit the dummy he set out in the woods, it being the billionth time.

Well, not the billionth time. But it sure felt like it.

"You suck at this."

"No shit sherlock."

A grin appeared on his face as he walked forwards and readjusted the dummy, walking behind it to hold it in place as I punched it once more. He studied my stance for a moment, critiquing it in his mind, before he frowned, walking back up to me.

"You're going to break your hand if you punch like that."

"And then I could just kill myself and walk over from the Other Side unscathed."

"And then you'd have to bury another body," he raised his eyebrows. "What number are you on? 7? 8?"

I frowned. "No idea, actually. What are you on?"

"First? Second? I don't know. If I could go back in time and watch my deaths I'd count that."

"I've been meaning to ask about that," I turned to him, swiping the hair out of my face so I could look at you properly. "Have you–"

"How about," he interrupted with a smile. "I teach you how to throw a punch, properly, to minimise your damage. And then we go to the Grill and get food afterwards so we can get out of this cold."

I narrowed my eyes at him but complied anyway. "Okay. Fine."

"Alrighty, first of all," he tilted his head. "Are you a lefty?"

"Ambidextrous."

He looked at me weirdly.

"What?" I shrugged. "I really badly hurt my hand when I was little and trained my other hand to do movement things like cast spells and write and do... everything. I was afraid I'd broken it and Donna wouldn't take me to the hospital."

"Spells need... hand movements?"

"Some do," I frowned in thought. "Not really Bennett's considering they're the more... the theoretical side of magic. Using magic when it's needed, in life or death situations," I shrugged. "But other covens that I've run with, some do completely non-verbal magic. Like, one dude, Dave, he made a whole bunch of brooms sweep around this huge warehouse where he built these massive tesla coils and played them to the song Secrets by OneRepublic. He was a bit of a nerd, though he's cool."

"Um–"

"He then went off to kind of save the world from this chick named Morgana," I narrowed my eyes thoughtfully. "We lost touch a while ago though."

"Right," Ric frowned as if he were concerned for my mental status before clearing his throat. "Well. What foot do you kick a footy with?"

"Uh..." I blinked. "Left."

"Right, well, what a lot of people don't know is that a lot of power from the punch comes from the bottom half of your body, not the top. So, make sure you have a strong stance. Left foot behind your right, angled towards the target."

I followed his instructions, my clumsiness resulting in me almost tripping over my own feet, before I steadied myself.

"And, hold your hand like this,"

He showed me a fist with his thumb over his middle finger. "If you hold it like this," he placed his thumb underneath all of his fingers. "You'll get a boxers break. They're annoying. Don't recommend."

"Make sure your arm is straight, strong punch otherwise you'll sprain your wrist, bend the knees, pivot etc. etc.," I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. "Knowing how to punch is all well and good, but how is it going to protect me from the things that are out there?"

"By 'things that are out there' you mean..."

"Oh, I don't know. Katherine? This evil thing that Joey thinks is coming? Whatever the hell Henrik is hiding from me?"

I gave the two a pointed look, who had both been sitting atop a tree branch, laughing at how incompetant I was at throwing a punch. Their expressions of amusement quickly sobered up as I mentioned them, and they sent each other a look.

"Fine. How about, you throw that decent punch, and tomorrow we'll focus on stakes and different uses of vervain instead of using magic to rip a vampire's heart out."

I pouted. "It's efficient."

"It's messy and gross."

"It makes me look badass."

He rolled his eyes, though he smiled. "Just throw the punch, Eva."

I grinned towards him and adjusted my stance, looking towards the dummy carefully before punching it. Alaric nodded, seemingly happy with my progress from being out here for an hour and rubbed his hands together before breathing into them, in an attempt to warm them up.

"Good enough."

***

"Cheesy, curly fries and a strawberry milkshake?"

"You know me so well."

The waitress walked away, nodding and writing down something on a notepad before heading towards the bar. Cathy, I think her name was, having worked at the bar a short time before I ended up taking a break. Alaric placed the menu back on the table with no need for it and I breathed in deeply, placing mine down as well.

"So," I began. "As I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me. Any side effects?"

"Of what?" Ric laughed weakly, shifting uncomfortably. "Of dying?"

"I'm not kidding," I said, my voice only communicating the seriousness of the question. "I died and I came back with... so much lost. My magic, my ability to feel, to taste, to touch. And I can see dead people."

Ric pursed his lips.

"Dying and coming back to life defies the laws of nature and you're telling me you have none, whatsoever? I call bullshit, Ric." He bowed his head before averting his gaze and my expression grew sympathetic, my voice softer. "You can talk to me, you know. It's different when a vampire dies. Completely. I understand."

"I mean..." he sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "The colours are duller. Ever so slightly, but noticeable I guess. And I can still taste things but it's almost like..."

"They're covered in dust?"

He nodded.

"Explains why your cookings been crap. Then again, compared to the both of you, Jay is the chef."

He rolled his eyes but a smile threatened to spill from his lips. The cheesy fries were soon placed between us and I grinned in thanks towards Cathy as she handed me my milkshake before turning back to Alaric. "In all seriousness Ric-Ric, I have herbs and such that can help with that."

His eyes brightened considerably. "Really?"

"Really," I said with a smile. "I'll have to find a way to sneak Remy some too. Knowing him he'd probably deny anything was wrong and try to figure it out himself."

"Sounds like someone I know," he said simply, giving me a look and I gave him a sarcastic smile. "He has orange juice every morning," Alaric slightly changed the subject. "Maybe there's a way to hide it there."

There was a slight awkward silence.

"You're at Jay's most days?" I asked incredulously, not realising how serious they actually were. "When are you gonna propose? Caroline and I need adequate time to plan."

He looked at me weirdly. "What? No. Not... not for a long while yet"

"Oh, yeah. Right. Technically you're still married."

He gave me a look, and I shrugged before eating another fry.

"That's code for 'you should tell her', by the way."

"Tell her... what, exactly?" he sighed, sitting back in his chair and rubbing his hands tiredly over his face. "That my not-so-dead wife is still alive? She wouldn't believe me, she doesn't even know about all of this stuff."

Heh.

I lifted my hand up to rub the back of my neck awkwardly.

Heh.

"Oh, yeah," I feigned realisation. "But... she doesn't deserve this, Ric-Ric. You gotta tell her at some point."

"I know... I know," he turned away from my burning gaze. "But, just... not right now. Things are good right now, I don't want to ruin it."

"Fine," I shrugged. "Your funeral. Just don't say I didn't warn you."

I took a sip of the milkshake and leaned back in my seat, seemingly contemplating my life's decisions before Alaric spoke again.

"How've you been, Eva?"

"Well," I began hesitantly. "It's Momma Lizzy's last day at the Salvatore house before we can compel her. Not a fan of it, but the things she said to Caroline and Brae..." I frowned. "I don't know. I think she just needs time to process the fact her eldest is a vampire and that her youngest is technically aiding and abetting centuries old serial killers."

Ric gave me a look.

"What?"

"I asked how you were, not what's been happening."

I remember staring at him, just for a moment.

Lies ran through my head. Countless lies. Elaborate, complex lies, ones that I had thought about the details of for days.

"I'm... okay," I simply said, averting my gaze. "I've been really busy. You know, finding cures for Stefan, researching stuff to do with this 'sun and moon' curse. I think... I really needed this day. Just to relax, and not worry about anything."

"Jenna and I went to surprise you the other day. With food, and clothes, we know you've been struggling," he began carefully. "But there's a For Lease sign on your house."

That was true. Vincent had kept me up to date on everything to do with Griffin – how he took him back to New Orleans (where Vincent came from) so that he could turn in the bayou instead of around Mystic Falls. He, doing his witchy thing, had managed to sort out everything to do with the house as a favour for helping him with his wife, and had made sure that anyone who signed a contract for it, the money would go to me, not Griffin.

Hence why I no longer worked the crappy job at the Grill.

"Yeah I uh," I cleared my throat. "I–"

Saved by the ringing of a phone.

Taking it out of my pocket, I gave Ric a sympathetic look, whilst he just frowned, eyeing me as I stood up. "I have to take this call," I muttered softly, and he nodded suspiciously as I walked away. The bell above the door rang as I exited the Grill, and I turned to the left, down to a small alleyway, before bringing the phone to my ear.

"Mason?"

"Hey kid," his voice sounded strange, and there were muffled noises going on in the background. "How are you?"

"Uh, I – I'm good," I frowned. "Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

The muffling stopped.

"Uh, no, no," I could tell he was attempting to smile. "Listen... the Salvatore's–"

"What did they do?" I automatically demanded it, and I could hear him softly cough.

"Nothing, nothing..." he trailed off. "Listen, you need to know something."

"What is it?"

"I came to Mystic Falls with a woman – a vampire – named Kathy."

My eyes widened.

"You might know her as Katherine."

"Mason..." I whispered.

"Turns out, she lied," he hurried his words. "But I have to protect Tyler, I can't let him get mixed up in this. I didn't realise, Eva, I swear..."

"It's fine. Mason, where are you?"

"Out of town," his voice strained. "Yeah... yeah we're thinking of leaving for a while. Felix and I. Maybe indefinitely. Just..."

He paused.

"Don't come looking for us. We'll be okay, I promise. We can't risk Katherine coming to find us."'

"I can cover my tracks," I argued. "And... what? You're just going to be on the run for the rest of your life?"

"I'll be chasing the waves," I could tell he was attempting to smile. "And... just remember... if you want to talk to me just look at the sky and know I'll be there."

I frowned. "Dude, why did that sound so ominous?"

"I–I gotta go," I heard him say quickly. "I'll see you again, Eva."

"Uh, yeah–" I cut myself off. "Bye?"

There was some muffling, and then he hung up.

Did I suspect something was amiss? Yes. Did I believe that the words he spoke were not truthful? Also yes.

But, some part of me yearned for the resting of the ache in my heart. Wanted me to finally have a break from pain, from grief, from the consistent cycle of disappointment and exhaustion. So, in defence of my heart, I chose to ignore the obvious signs. To not over analyse the words he spoke and to not think about it – to accept it.

I couldn't deal with any more grief, and so, instead, I ignored it.

Selfish, probably. But it had been so long since I'd done something for me that I'd almost forgotten what it was like. A life without pain.

Ignoring the signs, at that particular moment, was probably the best course of action I could take in order not to fall apart.

And I think I deserved that.

I deserved a day of peace, though it was not meant to last.

***

I had decided to help both Jenna and Ric prepare for the dinner they were hosting. Well, not hosting really, considering it was just us plus Elena and possibly Jeremy if he could make it, but it was a day when we decided to put actual effort into it. Mostly at Jenna's behest but also because the two siblings had probably been exhausted after a day of helping Mrs Lockwood set up the masquerade ball, and needed a night to just relax.

We all needed it.

"You're pretty handy with that knife," Jenna said with a smile, and I looked at her weirdly as Ric cut up some of the vegetables for dinner. Weird thing to say, but I let it slide whilst Ric chuckled awkwardly.

"Yeah, well, it's a skill."

I took the champagne from Jenna's hand and tasted it, grimacing slightly at the taste. "What is this? It tastes so off."

"It was Mason's favourite," she gave me a look. "Considering he's left town, I figured it would be the best way to honour him."

"I would say fair enough, but drinking that is almost a crime," I handed it back to her. "But it makes sense. I was wondering why you decided to bail on the tequila."

"There is some in the cupboard to your left," she gave me a look and I grinned.

"You read my mind, M'Lady."

I turned around to the cupboard whilst I heard Alaric speak from behind me. "Did you know she thinks my cooking is bad?"

"Well," Jenna trailed off, shrugging and giving her boyfriend a sorry but she's not entirely wrong look.

"You two," – he pointed between the both of us – "are cruel."

"We're honest," I simply said with a grin, taking out a glass. "Plus, you have Jenna's love to make up for it. Pure, honest, not lying love."

Alaric gave me a deadpan expression, and I shrugged, giving him a look back as I took a sip of tequila.

There were many times I had almost told Jenna about the fact his wife was still alive, and although I knew she would be hurt once she found out that I kept it from her, it was also not my secret to tell. The supernatural – everyone should have known about. Everyone around us. But Isobel was a conversation specifically meant for Elena, Ric and Jenna.

And although Elena would have disapproved, I definitely never regretted telling Jenna about the supernatural.

Especially with what happened next.

Elena walked through the door of the Gilbert home, obviously exhausted, her eyes drooping in tiredness and her feet barely lifting from the ground as she walked.

Everything okay? I watched Ric mouth and Elena simply shook her head.

That's when I noticed the tears in her eyes.

She brought her finger up to her lips, not registering the fact that I could see the both of them, and motioned upstairs. I quickly turned my gaze back to Jenna as Ric looked around to see if we were watching, before he headed upstairs to be filled in with whatever had happened during the day.

It made me increasingly nervous, the fact that there was obviously something going on that I didn't know about.

But, as soon as Ric went after Elena, Jenna turned to me with wide eyes, her playful demeanour instantly changing to one of fear and paranoia.

"Where the hell have you been the past three days?" she whispered desperately, with fear, grabbing me by my arm and dragging me into the living room. Her eyes were wide, pleading and afraid.

"I've been with Caroline and Brae," I instantly answered, looking between her eyes to figure out what had gotten her so wound up. "Liz found out about Brae – Jay – what's wrong?"

She had begun pacing, a sure sign of her anxiety, but she stopped, turning towards me with wide eyes.

"I think – I know – I've been compelled."

***

I looked towards Jenna wearily. "Are you–"

"What part of 'I know I've been compelled' gives you any sign of uncertainty?"

I winced as she raised her voice, and her expression instantly changed.

"Eva... oh my god, I don't know why–" she cut herself off. "Please. Please help me. I don't remember–"

"Remember what?"

"I did the three questions, like you always said," she whispered. "I asked myself in the morning 'where was I yesterday', and I knew that I was with Elena and Jeremy. Then I asked myself 'what did I have for breakfast', but I couldn't remember. I – I thought at first it was just a lapse in memory, you know? But then, like you told me, I tried to think of details, but all that was repeating in my mind was that I was with Elena and Jeremy. I don't remember what we were doing, what was said, I don't remember anything for the past three days, other than one sentence:

"I was with Elena and Jeremy."

She was most certainly compelled.

"A –" she hesitated. "And I think I saw Katherine."

My eyes widened.

"What?"

"Today – earlier today – I thought it was Elena," she confessed tearfully. "She – she looked exactly like her. The same hair, same outfit. But she turned to me, and looked me straight in the eyes, demanding that I listen and follow her directions carefully, no matter what. But – it wasn't her. Her tone, it sounded nothing like Elena, and afterwards she didn't say anything. She just – left."

I scanned Jenna's outfit for a moment.

"Jenna," I took in a large breath. "Take off your shoes."

She looked at me weirdly.

"What...?"

"Just do it."

Jenna looked at me for a few moments, before nodding. It was obvious she was contemplating whether or not I was compelled, before she decided to take me for my word. She took off her shoes and as soon as I saw her white socks, I knew, making me smile in relief.

"Remember, Jenna, ages ago, when you needed to wash your whites but Elena was using your washing machine?"

"Yeah?" her confusion halted her tears. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Sometimes, when you came over to use my washing machine, I would put powdered vervain in with the liquid," I revealed. "It stays in the clothes for ages. My guess is she managed to compel you when she first met you, somehow she got you off of vervain, but then you had these socks on and you were no longer able to be compelled."

"Oh my god," she whispered.

"I was going to tell you that you should get a tattoo, but mix vervain in the ink," I shrugged and Jenna's eyes brightened at the idea. "But... if you ever became a vampire then it would hurt so bad."

"That's probably more realistic," she whispered, nodding, and I frowned.

"Wait... really?"

"Yeah, I mean..." Jenna shrugged, almost ashamedly. "If I could be sure that I would be able to control the bloodlust... with immortality you could do anything. I could work as a nurse and heal people's wounds, I could compel people at bars not to take advantage of others..." she trailed off. "I could find ways to put immortality to use."

"Really?" I frowned. "You would choose to be a vampire?"

"Vampires aren't inherently evil," she shrugged, nodding at the same time. "Look at Stefan. Look at Braelynn. I think someone could do a lot of good as one. But, I would never consider turning without talking to everyone first, plus I would have to watch Elena and Jeremy..." she trailed off. "And I don't think Ric would turn."

She frowned towards herself. "Why does that for some reason make me sound... selfish?"

"I don't think it makes you sound selfish," I shrugged, answering honestly. "In fact it's rather human of you. Immortality could be yours, if you just asked for it. It would probably be weird if you never even considered it."

"Did you?" Jenna questioned, wiping her eyes. "Consider turning?"

"It's uh..." I frowned, but continued speaking, aware that talking about this was taking Jenna's mind off of Katherine. "It's different, I guess. For witches. We have a connection to life, a connection to everything around us. It's like... we breathe nature. It gives us an amount of purity, I guess, within our spirit. Turning would corrupt that and turn some of the most pure souls evil. One of my ghost friends had a brother that was once a witch. He turned and supposedly is now a raging psychopath."

"You died," Jenna tilted her head. "And severed your connection to nature. Why aren't you..."

"A raging psychopath?" I laughed. "Who says I'm not secretly one?"

She blinked.

"I –" I gave her a look. "I am kidding, you know. My spirit hasn't been corrupted. It's been stolen. I feel kind of... empty. Because of it. But once I manage to get it back I'll be okay."

"Right," she searched her memory. "From the First Witch."

"The Original Witch," I corrected. "Not necessarily the first."

She looked at me weirdly. "Why call her the Original Witch if she wasn't the first?"

That made me pause.

"Honestly? No clue," I frowned in thought, before hearing the steps of Ric returning downstairs. "I think we should probably head off to the kitchen to make sure Ric doesn't burn anything."

She nodded and gulped, afraid of Katherine's plans for her.

"But first, let's top you up on some vervain, yeah?"

***

Jeremy came home not too long after Elena did, and after setting up some candles and putting them on the table, Ric helped take the food out of the oven, ensuring that he didn't spill anything unlike what he did to the veggies (Jenna was reluctant to let him, but she had to answer a call).

Jeremy, for a moment, showed me some of his drawings, but he looked ill, making me touch his forehead with the back of my hand to check his temperature.

"Are you okay?" I had questioned, and he turned to me with a look. I couldn't tell if he was trying to tell me something, or if he was pleading for me not to question him about it, but after a moment he just shrugged and headed upstairs.

Weird, I had thought.

Elena came down from upstairs and immediately headed to both Ric and I. "Where's Jeremy?" she questioned.

"Uh, he pretty much went straight up to his room. Said he wasn't hungry."

"Probably overworked himself helping set up for the masquerade party," I studied Elena's face for her reaction. "Right, Elena?"

"Right," she breathed out slowly, averting her gaze, making me narrow my eyes. She frowned, as she watched Jenna talk to whoever was on the line. "Who's she talking to?"

"I don't know," Ric shrugged, setting up the plates and Jenna called me back into the kitchen. I could vaguely hear what Ric and Elena were saying, but the fearful expression on Jenna's face made me tense.

"It's for you," she whispered, handing me the house phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello Evergreen-Rose."

It was Elena, but it couldn't be. She was in the room. I immediately made the deduction.

"Just so you know, saying my full name like it's some sort of sacred knowledge, isn't all that impressive," I simply answered, careful not to let Elena know who was on the other end of the line. "Seriously, just call me Eva. Everyone else does."

"Right," her voice was slower, lower, and commanded more power than Elena's. It was like she held all the cards, knew everything about everyone, and was sure that no matter what we did, she would win. "How are you?"

"How am I?" Jenna frowned at the words I spoke. "Really? You're asking how I am?"

"Would you rather skip pleasantries?"

"I'd rather know what you want."

"Ah, but this is not about what I want," I frowned in confusion. "It's about what you want."

"I don't want anything from you."

"What about your birth parents?" I froze. "I mean, I can't threaten you with your brother anymore considering he's dead, and I heard that... who was it... Jo? Was that her name? She couldn't find your dad to give him vervain..."

No, my eyes widened. No no no no no.

"I mean, by now you would've thought she'd call you because you haven't been going to work, huh?" I could tell she was smirking. "Or did you just happen to forget she was compelled to kill herself?"

"Oh my god," I whispered, my voice breaking and tears making their way into my eyes. Jenna looked over fearfully, but I quickly turned around, my back towards her so she couldn't see my expression.

It felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Oh my, you did," god, she was a bitch. "Evergreen-Rose, too caught up in her own grief she allowed a friend to die. How pathetic."

I took the phone away from my ear for a moment, composing myself, before returning it.

"What the hell do you want you psychotic bitch?"

"I want to show Elena she cannot outsmart me," Katherine said simply. "She's my copy. Stefan was only attracted to her because she looked like me. Had she not've he wouldn't have even thought twice," I frowned at her specifically talking about Stefan. "Besides. If you don't do this for me, I will kill your family."

"Jokes on you, I have no one left."

"Well, there is Belladonna and William, but I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole," I could tell she was frowning thoughtfully, but I just frowned in confusion at her words. "There is Griffin, but I'd be doing you a favour. Oh! Oh, I know. Your birth parents."

"They're dead."

"Are they?" she tutted. "Did you even look into it? Or did you just convince yourself that they were, because you couldn't bear the thought that perhaps they didn't love you?"

I paused.

She was right. I never looked into it, never cared to, especially considering that everyone else was dead.

I just automatically assumed they were too.

"After all. If you're not a Price... what are you?"

I closed my eyes before rubbing my free hand over my face, rather frustratedly.

"One day, I swear to god, I will kill you for everything you've done."

"Luckily for me, today is not that day," Katherine sounded incredibly amused. "But, it is for you."

I frowned in confusion. "What?"

"I know you somehow got Jenna on vervain, I'm not stupid," Katherine quickly turned annoyed. "Believe it or not, I didn't want it to be you, you actually have some promise. You're like me. A survivor."

Yeah, I remember thinking. Wonderful that she thinks I'm like her. What a freaking honour.

"Unfortunately, I have to do something in response to what Damon and Stefan did today," she tutted, and I frowned in confusion. "So, I want you to stab yourself. Fatally."

My eyes widened. "You want me to–"

I looked around, realising I had raised my voice. "You want me to what?" I hissed, quieter.

"Either you do it, or the consequences will be worse," she mused. "You don't want to be responsible for another death, do you?"

I closed my eyes, and breathed out.

"Now. Be a good powerless little traveller and hand Elena the phone."

I took the phone away from my ear for a moment, contemplating, before turning around. As expected, Jenna was waiting, staring at me with an incredible amount of worry, but I just shook my head as she mouthed what happened?

I crossed the room and handed the phone to Elena. "It's for you," I mumbled softly, and she looked at me.

"Who is it?"

I turned around and refrained from answering.

"What did she want?" Jenna whispered hurriedly, and I closed my eyes.

"Get out, Jenna."

She blinked. "What?"

"Go to the living room," I whispered softly, and she opened her mouth to argue, before she saw the pleading look in my eyes. "Please. You'll know when to come out."

"Are you okay?" she shook her head. "What did she do to you?"

"Nothing," I cleared my throat. "Please... just do me this one favour."

She scanned my face, looking for any sign that would give her an explanation to what had happened, before she nodded softly.

"Okay," she whispered. "But... you're okay. Right?"

I nodded with a strained smile. "Of course I am."

She worriedly looked over my face once more before nodding, as if she was trying to convince herself, before leaving. I couldn't, unfortunately, get Ric or Elena to leave, considering it would look suspicious.

I closed my eyes, and grabbed one of the knives.

A stray tear ran down my cheek as I heard Elena scream my name.

And then there was pain.

HAPPY 100,000+ WORDS
&
HAPPY 280+ GOOGLE DOCS PAGES!!

⭐️⭐️⭐️

ɪ ʀᴇᴡʀᴏᴛᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3x, ᴏᴠᴇʀ 3000 ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ⵊ ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ
sᴏʀʀʏ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴍᴇᴀɴ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ xᴏ

WERE SO CLOSE TO THE MⵊKAELSONS GUYSSS

ᴀʟsᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴋᴀᴛʜᴇʀɪɴᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡs?
ɪ'ᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴇᴏʀɪᴇs :)
ᴀɴʏ ꜰᴇᴇᴅʙᴀᴄᴋ ɪs ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ! xᴏ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.2K 3.2K 45
| Ranked#1 | Caroline's life takes a big turn when she meets a killer vampire and ends up being in the middle of the Mikealson Family. Highly scrutin...
325K 8.2K 54
Rosalie Salvatore was the youngest Salvatore sibling, unfortunately she died due to burning at the stake in 1864. It's 2010 and the brothers look thr...
357K 5.9K 23
Their love is unconditional, bounded by hundreds of years together. An Original vampire and an Original hybrid put together makes the world a dangero...
983K 24K 55
๐€ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐›๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ž๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ ๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐ญ ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ง๐š ๐Œ๐š๐ž ๐†๐ข๐ฅ๐›๐ž๐ซ๐ญ...