MENACE || BWWM (BOOK #2 OF HI...

Per steezbeans

Everett Carter, formerly known as Adam Lancaster, was the son of psychopath. his other personality, Adam, had... Més

For Old and New readers.
Ciara-1
Everett-2
Ciara- 4
Everett-5
Ciara- 6
Everett-7
Ciara- 8
Everett- 9
Everett- 10
Everett 11 [M]
Everett 12 [M]
Ciara 13
Everett 14
Final chapter

Everett-3

170 16 3
Per steezbeans

"Got ya breakfast."

Kal walks past me into the small living room with a small brown bag in his hands. I stop him from walking and grab the bag from him.

"I knew you would be hungry." Kal smiles and sits on the couch.

Ciara comes and sits next to him with a serious look on her face, showing she means business. I quickly grab a kitchen chair and sit infront of them, with the coffee table separating us.

"You can start explaining now Kal." She crosses her arms and her once soft voice is more firm.

[ she's hotter when she's strict. ]

Ignoring my personal psychopath, I look to Kal and wait for him to start explaining himself.

"Okay here's the deal, I couldn't get you your own apartment, Ciara. Surprisingly this whole place is full of tenants, and you needed somewhere to stay," He turns to me, "Everett, your barley home and when you are you stay in your room doing god knows what. And all these apartments are two bedroom, it was a win win situation. You get what I'm saying?" Kal keeps a weary smile on his face hoping we don't go too hard on him.

"You have to  warn us about stuff like this. If you haven't noticed I'm a single female who had no idea a man, a stranger, would be living in the same home as me. A warning would have worked wonders." Ciara says in a stern voice that makes my eyes feel drawn towards her.

The look in her eyes stays clear and serious. She doesn't let a hint of amusement escape them showing how serious she is about this situation. She seemed mature, but also dominant. It was all making me curious about this girl I just met several hours ago.

"Well Everett looks like hes fine with it now." Kal says bringing my attention to him. I can feel Ciara now looking at me as Kal smirks at me, obviously noticing me making googly eyes at his niece.

"Ahem. I-Im not cool with it. I mean with you not telling us." I say stuttering slightly.

"Im sorry, okay? I didnt have enough time to prep you both, but I think you two will get along just fine."

I wasn't happy with the idea of living with some stranger, woman or not, but right now I don't care. As long as I get to keep living in this apartment for a discounted price, even more with a roommate, I'm fine.

[ it's cause your little pussy heart fell inlove at first sight.]

No. That's not it. Love at first sight isn't real. I dont think.

"Its fine, Kal. I have no problem staying here with Everett as long as he is okay with it." Ciara says looking to me. I look to her with bit of surprise expecting her to either refuse to live here or make Kal kick me out.

I just shrug in response instead of showing any eagerness to say yes. Why do I want her, a stranger, to live here.

"Alright then," Kal claps his hands together at the final decision,
"You two are officially roommates. I'll handle all the paper work and important things, dont worry about it."

Both Ciara and I stand up in acknowledgment that Kal is going to take his leave from our now shared apartment. He already knew we would say yes, I can see it in his eyes.

[ the man is predictable but not as predictable as your dumbass]

I'm literally trained to not be predictable. That's a crazy accusation.

[ it's crazy cause it's true. How are you so predictable, yet a trained assassin that no one can find or take down? Idiot]

Why did I get stuck with you.

[ Because your weak]

We're not having this conversation again.

[ fine by me. ]

"Everett is already spacing out, so I'll leave you guys with some money. You can use it for dinner tonight since the breakfast obviously isn't much of a peace offering." Kal says taking his wallet out of his pocket.

"Thanks Kal." Ciara says taking a 100 dollar bill from him.

"No problem kid. I gotta go, but you guys should get to know eachother. Your roommates now, act like it."

Kal finally leaves the apartment creating an awkward air in our apartment. We basically just sit back down, this time next to each other on the couch in silence. I'm not much of a talker, but she seems like she would be less shy. Dare I say outgoing?

"So...Did you grow up here?" She asks finally speaks up.

"No."

[ Really? Just one word answers? ]

Why should she know where I grew up?

"Am I allowed to know where you grew up?" Her curiosity Is definitely going to be dangerous.

I let out a little sigh before answering, "I grew up in New york."

She smiles and turns towards me with excitement, "so did I! What part?"

"That information is classified."

[ Freaking weirdo. ]

Ciara slightly pouts and looks away, much less excited than before. Now I feel like I have to tell her.

"You don't have to tell me if your uncomfortable I get it." She forces a smile to hide her pout but I already feel bad.

"No, I'll tell you. I grew up in [ REDACTED ]."

Her eyes widen again this time with an intimidated look, "That's a very wealthy area. Are you secretly a Millionaire?" She puts a hand infront of her mouth in shock.

[ so are we going to lie or tell the truth Pinocchio? ]

"No. My dad was though."

[ lie it is! ]

It's not fully a lie. That money was Al's and he left it to, well technically you.

I can tell my short answers are still intriguing the woman. She has the same look Dr. Cameron has after I say something that triggers her therapy talk.

She starts to talk more and ask questions but I get distracted by her features. Her brown eyes had a childlike glint in them, that made them shine with curiosity and wonder. She smiled as she talked showing a small dimple on her left cheek. Her smile reached up to her eyes even though it wasn't a prominent grin.

Her long eye lashes fluttered cutely when she blinked and her nose crinkled a bit with her smile growing wider as she found something interesting or humorous

Her skin was clear and looks smooth to touch. She didn't have a blemish on her face expect for a small beauty mark below her right eye.

[ What, did you memorize how many hairs on her head too? Damn. ]

I know, but it's proving to be very hard to focus.

"What's your middle name?"

Her question immediately pulls me out of my trance. My middle name? Who asks that to someone they just met ?

"Are you trying to steal my identity?" I say. She chuckles but I'm serious. She notices this and holds back a smile.

"I'm sorry, Im pretty talkative, but i don't usually get this comfortable with someone this quick. I tend to want to know as much as possible." She looks away obviously now feeling a bit embarrassed by her questioning.

She's comfortable with me?

[ Maybe she's into being man handled ]

I didn't man handle her. I just didn't know who she was and needed answers, so I calmly blocked her from running away.

[ Yea, calmly. Okay. ]

"My middle name is Adam." The words leave my mouth before I can stop them. That was not me, I wasn't planning on telling her anything.

"That's a nice name. For some reason I thought it would be like Cornelius or something."

A small, but noticeable smile reaches my face, "Cornelius?"

Ciara grins and laughs at her self. She covers her face as she laughs and so badly, I wanted to remove her hands from her face so I could see her dimple.

"I don't know, I think you kind of look like a Cornelius." She laughs a bit while trying to get her words out.

[When will it be my turn? ]

To what? Exist? You're never going to take over again. I'm going to make sure of it.

Her laughter dies down and she gets up, "My uncle lines up a couple interviews to do today for staff at my store and then have some other things to do today. Maybe we can order in and have dinner together to get to know each other better."

Her confidence drops slightly as she suggest having dinner together. She looks as if she's preparing her self for rejection. I lean back on the couch and run a hand through my hair, "I got work at 8:30. I usually grab a bite to eat there..."

Ciara's expression shows a hint of disappointment, "oh that's fine." Her voice drops sadly.

"I was going to say,  you can come and hangout. Kal wouldn't mind."  I quickly say realizing I need to finish my thoughts.

The disappointment disappears at a hurried pace and is replaced with relief and joy. She nods her head in agreement.

"I'll be there by 9." She turns and goes to her room to probably get ready for work.

[ What is this a date or something? We just met her yesterday.]

It's not a date. Roommates can get aquatinted, especially when you are basically being forced to live together.

[ So it's a date ]

No?

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

Fix You Per paris mezzanotte

Literatura romàntica

13.2K 871 35
Emma Ayers suffers from PTSD from sexual abuse. From ages 8-13, she was raped, molested, and tortured by her Uncle Jack. Despite the fact that he is...
21.8K 812 8
❝ IF YOU'RE GOING TO RUN AWAY THEN.. I'LL JUST TIE YOU UP AND KEEP YOU HERE FOREVER! ❞ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ⁀➷ _______________________ In whi...
8.5M 290K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...
122K 3.8K 58
READ BEFORE STARTING After a lost career opportunity and a terrible breakup, going back home, to the town of your childhood, feels almost like taking...