The Samurai: Rising of The Sh...

Od Sword_Saint89

Reito, a young man who just turned 17. After taking victory in a kendo tournament, he finds a book that will... Více

The Book!
The Journey
Companion And Conflicts
The Wave
Upgrading
Familiar Faces
Truths Revealed
A Merchant's Tale

Spear vs Sword

2.3K 48 32
Od Sword_Saint89

Shortly after the end of the wave, Reito and Ahri were helping out with the starting repairs of Lute, the village where he and Naofumi had fought the wave. The starting began quickly, but after was a long process. The villagers that died.

A small burial was held with Reito putting his hands together and giving a prayer. After laying flowers on their graves, he exited the village with Ahri.

Ahri: It's not your fault.

Reito: I know. But just the thought of arriving late fills me with regret.

Ahri: No matter how hard you work, not everyone can be saved. You need to acknowledge that fact.

Reito: I do acknowledge it. But it just hurts.

They heard rapid footsteps behind them as they walked into the countryside. They turned to see a few knights and two others that stood out. One had a bow on his back and the other with a sword in its sheath. 

Reito: (A sword and a bow. Wait a minute...)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Reito: There are four Cardinal Heroes. One wields a spear, a sword, a bow, and a shield. Each of these heroes is summoned for one purpose: To fight off the Waves of Catastrophe.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Reito: (Now I remember. So these are the other heroes? Why did they have to show up now?)

He put his hand in front of Ahri as she stood behind. The knights and heroes stopped a few inches away. The knights surrounded them but had not drawn their weapons.

???: Are you Reito?

The one who asked him that was a teenager who looked younger than Reito. He wore clothing with light-brown coloring, and a green cape, and had some armor covering his left shoulder.

Reito: Why do you need to know?

???: We need you to come with us. The king has requested an audience with you.

The other hero spoke. Wearing black clothing with a blue scarf. His hand was hovering above his sword's handle.

Reito: That's bold coming from a few strangers with guards. You haven't even stated your names.

???: We were told about your bout with Motoyasu. We've been told by the princess to approach you with caution.

Reito: It seems that the princess is smarter than she looks. Backing up, you said you heard about what happened, right? Did they tell you what truly happened or was it just their side of the story? None of you had stated your names. It's best if you proceed with caution.

???: I'm Ren, the Sword Hero. This is Itsuki, the Bow Hero. 

Itsuki: Sup.

Reito: Likewise. Look, I don't care who it is, but somebody better tell me what the king wants, or we're out of here.

Ren: The king was notified about your efforts during the wave. You for the village of Lute.

Reito: And? I'm just doing my job. 

Ren: The king intends to reward the Heroes for their bravery. Since you risked your life, he would like to honor that with a reward of your own.

He didn't respond. He got a tap on his hand and looked back at Ahri. He thought long and hard before coming to an answer.

Reito: Fine. I don't care much for money. We'll go. But if any of you end up on my bad side, you're going to regret coming to this world.

He said as he eyed down the knights. They took a few steps back in fear, Ren didn't seem to care, and Itsuki just gave a shrug and shook his head.

Itsuki: Well then, shall we go?

Reito: You can lead the way. After the little scuffle the Spear Hero and I had, I'm not sure whether to trust any of you. I'll give you a chance.

Both of the other heroes nodded as they walked towards Melromarc with the knights around them.

Ahri: Are you sure about this? You that what they tried to do was...

Reito: I know. But I promise I'm not going to let anything happen to you. If they do take you, I'll get you back at any cost.

He kept his eyes peeled for any change in the movement of both the knights and heroes. He kept what Naofumi said about them in the front of his mind. With the setting sun, they walked towards the city.

*TIME SKIP*

When nightfall came, the castle was filled to the max. All who attended were drinking and partying. The three heroes were being praised by everyone in the hall. One hero, in particular, sat in the corner. Just endlessly gazing into the night. Thinking about his encounter with Reito and his job as the fifth hero.

Naofumi: So he's a Samurai-type Hero. He's wiser than the other heroes here.

His thought was broken when the gates opened and he saw a woman with 9 white-colored fox-like tails and ears. Next to her was a young man wearing samurai armor without his mask and helmet.

Naofumi: He actually came. I'll be dammed. It'll be entertaining as hell watching him explain that he's the fifth hero.

Raphtalia: Master Naofumi?

Naofumi: What is it, Raphtalia?

Raphtalia: I was wondering if you would want to eat with me. The food here is really good! You should try it.

Naofumi: No thanks. Don't let me stop you. Enjoy yourself.

Raphtalia: But-

Unfortunately, she was cut off, the doors revealing Reito and Ahri. She was shocked to see them here, along with a few others.

Man: Who is that?

Woman: And why does he have such a beautiful woman with him? His hair is wrong and he's covered in a disgusting outfit. Why does she look happy to be with him?

He got a tick mark on his forehead.

Reito: (Samurai drip is amazing! Better than your lame-ass armor and tunics!)

He thought in his mind. Ahri was starting to freak out a little bit. Her hearing was enhanced, so she could hear everything they were saying.

???: Ah, it seems my guest has finally arrived.

A few guards went ahead and surrounded them with their weapons. When Myne saw them, her eyes went wide. She was about to shout something, but the king had stopped it.

???: Now now, is that a way to treat an honored guest? Put your weapons down. I am King Aultcray of Melromarc, the thirty-second. What is your name?

Reito: I'm Reito Takahasi. I am honored to meet you.

He said as he turned to the king and slightly bowed.

Reito: (Screw this! Why do I have to put on this act?)

Aultcray: I've been informed about your efforts during the wave. The people of Lute speak highly of you and your partner.

He knew what the king was trying to do. He shook his head and looked back at the king.

Reito: You're wrong. I'm not the only one who saved the town. That credit belongs to Naofumi and his accomplice. All I did was slay a few monsters. I know none of you are fond of the Shield Hero, but you have to give credit where credit is due. As a warrior, I cannot take the glory of another man's victory.

He said as he looked over to Naofumi before giving a nod.

Reito: Besides, you're knights nearly killed us by shooting fireballs into the air. If it wasn't for us, they would've destroyed the whole village.

Myne: How dare you talk to father like that! This man right here is a criminal, daddy! He threatened to kill a few of our knights in the forest!

Reito: Your knights were the ones who instigated the attack. They didn't give me a chance to explain. If it wasn't for me, this woman here would've been killed!

The king was growing irritated.

Motoyasu: I'm getting this now. Reito fought the knights off because he wanted to take Ahri for herself. It all makes sense now! You're keeping her hostage!

Reito: That's bullshit and you know it! Besides, where I come from, there's a little thing called "evidence" which none of you have!

The king was about to say something, but the Spear Hero came down the stairs and took off his glove before throwing it at Reito. It hit his chest before dropping to the ground.

Motoyasu: I can speak for the king now. You have some nerve coming here after all the crimes you've committed! I challenge you to a dual. For keeping that poor girl hostage and abusing her power!

He pointed his spear at Reito, smirking. Everyone was silent as they expected a fight to commence. But instead, they heard laughter. Reito was laughing non-stop. Nearly on the verge of crying.

Motoyasu: Just what's so funny?

Reito: Oh, you have to excuse me. I find it too funny. This whole scene you're putting on, are you so desperate for a fight? It's sad how much you're begging me for this fight!

Motoyasu: Why you...

Reito: The dual's tempting, but it's not worth my time. I have better things to do than fight against a child.

He went to leave and as he was heading towards Ahri, guards grabbed her arms and began to drag her away. He gripped his sword but was also surrounded.

Aultcray: You have some nerve for someone who's fighting a Cardinal Hero. Your actions are unacceptable. As king, I order you to accept the challenge. If you refuse, your partner will not return to your side and your crimes will be taken to the highest level.

He looked and saw Ahri getting her hands tied behind her back and her mouth covered with a cloth. He was getting angry. So angry that he wanted to rage out. But if he did that, he would only make the situation worse. He loosened his grip on his katana. He stomped on Motoyasu's glove and looked at him with a deathly stare.

Reito: You wanted a dual, well you got one.

He looked over and saw a small goblet on the table and walked over to it. He picked it up and walked right up to Motoyasu. He was able to identify the drink as wine before swirling it around and taking a sip. He gave a few nods before...

The crowd gasped as Motoyasu was soaked in wine. His hair ruined and his clothes stained, Reito swallowed his sip before throwing the goblet away.

Reito: I'll be waiting in the courtyard.

He bumps Motoyasu's shoulder as he exits the room. Meanwhile, Motoyasu was having a fit. Demanding a new set of armor and some to fix his hair.

Everyone made their way into the arena. The seats were filled with nobles and diplomats. Myne was standing on the edge of the arena

Announcer: The dual between Reito Takahashi and the Spear Hero will now begin. This dual will end only when one of the combatants is pinned or admits he's been defeated. 

From the opposite ends of the arena, a set of doors opened. Both fighters walked out and onto the arena.

Myne: You got this, Sir Motoyasu! 

She said, waving her hands in the air while giving a small wink.

In a faraway corner, Naofumi and Raphtalia were sitting together. He didn't want the attention 

Raphtalia: I had no idea that Reito could snap like that. I don't have a good feeling about this, master Naofumi.

Naofumi: If it comes to it, we'll help them escape. He's earned some of my respect, but I still don't completely trust him. Even if he means well. But they're doing him like they're doing me. Wrong. I hope he kicks Motoyasu's ass.

Announcer: This dual will take place in the presence of King Melromarc and the Pope. Thus, making it ligament and official.

As Reito stepped further into the arena, he looked up to see Ahri tied to her chair and her mouth gagged. Her seat was behind the kings and a few guards around her. He met Motoyasu face-to-face.

Reito: You made me wait just so you can change clothes and fix your hair?

Motoyasu: I'll make you pay for that. I'm surprised you even bothered to show up.

Reito: Why would run away from a chance to crush you? All in front of a live audience, too. How lucky I am.

Announcer: Fighters, take your positions.

They walk away to each end of the arena. The tip of Motoyasu's spear morphs into a sharp end that resembled the shape of a spade on a card.

As Reito went to grab something in his coat, Motoyasu raised an eyebrow when he pulled out something unexpecting. And small.

He grabbed the sheath and exposed his weapon. A small dagger that was 1/3 the size of his katana.

There was silence, followed by laughter from the audience. Motoyasu, however, wasn't laughing. He looked disappointed.

Motoyasu: So then... That's it? That little weapon. What kind of fight are you hoping for?

Reito: I'm no beast that goes all out when fighting a rabbit. Unfortunately, I'm not carrying a smaller sharp instrument on me. So this will have to do. For now, at least.

Motoyasu: (This guy! He has the nerve to shame like this?!)

Announcer: May the dual commence! Begin!

In less than a second, Motoyasu charged toward Reito. Reito placed his left foot back. Motoyasu thrusts his spear forward before the sound of metal clanking echoes. Everyone was left speechless. Motoyasu's frontal attack was stopped by Reito who just did a single thrust. He did get pushed back a bit, but still stood tall and stopped his attack.

Naofumi: Unbelievable.

Raphtalia: How'd he do that with such a small weapon?

There was a slight struggle before Motoyasu pulled back. He rushed Reito again and did all sorts of attacks. Thrusts, jabs, and a few swings. Only taking a few steps back, he deflected them all before doing an angeled slash and pushing Motoyasu back.

Myne: (What's going on?! Sir Motoyasu's spear is one of the legendary weapons. Not only is he a Cardinal Hero, but he's also levels above Reito. How is he doing this?!)

Motoyasu: You think you're so tough?! Well, take this! Hrrraaaghhhh!

He sprints toward Reito again and strikes with a faster speed, but his attacks kept getting deflected. Each deflects sent sparks flying.

Reito: Such ferocity your spearplay has... Just who are you trying to impress during this match?

He swings with all his strength and sends Motoyasu back again.

Ren: He's not a Cardinal Hero but he's able to be of the same power as Motoyasu.

Itsuki: Now I understand why he was acting so cocky before.

Motoyasu: Let's see how you handle this! Lightning Spear!

A beam of electricity forms around the tip of his spear before shooting it at Reito. He gritted his teeth as the tanto started morphing.

Reito: Bear style: Grizzly claw slash!

He swings his tanto down as red slashes in the shape of claw marks hit Motoyasu's attack. His attack managed to destroy Motoyasu'sattack, but he wasn't clear. Pieces of electricity were still traveling as Reito got hit and pieces of his armor broke. He watched as half of his chest piece was destroyed and his right sleeve was ripped and bruises appeared on his arm.

Motoyasu: So you can deflect regular attacks, but you're useless against special attacks. Now be a man and admit defeat!

Reito: That wasn't bad. That's a strong attack. Even though my attack destroyed it, it still hit me. I think it's time for me to take this more seriously.

He sheathes his tanto and grabs his katana handle. He slowly unsheaths it and points it at Motoyasu.

Reito: I'm ready. Come at me!

They charge at each other as they traded blows. Motoyasu was beginning to get pushed back by Reito who kept up the pressure.

Reito: What happened? Is this all there is to the so-called Spear Hero?

Motoyasu twirled his spear around, hitting Reito's hand with the small spike at the bottom. He went to go stab Reito, but he reacted fast enough to sidestep the attack and pin Motoyasu's spear on the ground with his foot planted on the pole. He jumps forward and knees Motoyasu in his jaw. A line of blood flies out as Reito twirls his sword around. Motoyasu regained his posture and wiped the blood away.

Motoyasu: Chaos Spear!

His spear gave off a golden glow and multiple spears started to appear. They all attacked Reito who used his flash-step ability to avoid them all. Each makes a slight crater in the ground.

Motoyasu: Now what will you do, huh? Please show me that smug look you're so proud of as you run away!

Reito: No one's running away.

He stops in an instant as the spear flies towards Reito.

Motoyasu: Say what?

The spears hit Reito as smoke covers the area. Some members of the audience were laughing. Naofumi and Raphtalia gasped as they couldn't believe what had happened.

Raphtalia: Did he just let them hit him?

Naofumi: He may be strong, but he's not invincible. Even for Cardinal Hero.

Myne: *Laughs* How embarrassing! He realized Motoyasu's power a little too late!

Motoyasu: Self destruction? That's how he's chosen to end the battle? How pathetic.

Reito: This battle isn't over yet, pal.

The crowd went silent as a tornado spun around, clearing the smoke. As the tornado vanished, it revealed Reito standing in the same spot without getting a single scratch. Small craters near his feet appeared where the spears made contact.

Reito: All of those spears and you still couldn't hit me.

Motoyasu: Damn you! How are still standing after that?!

He looks at Reito and sees that his katana had changed. The blade was green and black and his tsuba was abstract and had 8 points with an overlapping pattern; each plate has a forest green core with a silver border.

Motoyasu: Your weapon changed. What did you do?!

Naofumi: It's like what happened in Lute village. Only his was red and flame-like.

Reito: Before your spears made contact with me, I was able to muster up enough mana to change my sword. This sword allows me to control the wind. Right at the last second, I formed a small layer of wind around me. Using the wind's current, I threw off your attack.

Motoyasu: You're as stubborn as you are annoying.

Reito: It's my turn. Be ready, Motoyasu. I won't pull my punches.

He places his sword above him to his right and takes in a deep breath.

Reito: (Wind style first form: Dust whirlwind cutter!)

He dashes forward at blinding speeds and slashes continuously in a horizontal cyclone pattern. Motoyasu was able to counter enough to withstand the attack, but his clothes were torn in places and he had scratches on his body. Reito ran up to him and started unleashing many precise strikes. He pulled Motoyasu's spear close to him before leaping off the pole and into the air. He raised his sword above his head.

Reito: (Wind style fifth form: Cold mountain wind!)

He swings his sword down and creates several circular arched slashes that increase in size from above Motoyasu.

Within the wind slashes, Motoyasu was still able to stand strong. Though, parts of his clothes began getting to a higher degree.

Motoyasu: I won't let you defeat me! Lightning spear!

He summons lightning around his spear and stabs it into the ground. The sudden attack threw off Reito's momentum and sent him flying as his wind slashes began to fade. As he landed on the floor, Motoyasu charged again. Reito was quick to respond and got back to his feet and spun to the left. Making a fist, he drives it into Motoyasu's side ribs. His armor limited the damage inflicted, but he was still hurting. Lying on the floor and coughing, Reito pointed his katana at him.

Reito: I'll admit, you gave me some trouble there. But your luck just ran out. Admit you're beaten.

Motoyasu: *Cough* And why would I surrender now?

Reito: Fine. Guess I'll just make concede.

He lifts his sword and prepares to swing down, but he gets an alert and looks to his left. He sees a magic spell heading towards him as he slashes it. He looks over to see Myne's hand giving off a purple glow. He gave her a deathly stare.

Reito: You can't even have fair fights! Shameful.

Seeing this chance, Motoyasu thrusts his spear upwards and knocks Reito's katana out of his hand and on the other side of the arena.

Motoyasu: Let's see how tough you are without your sword!

He rushes in, but Reito smirks. he dodges Motoyasu's attack and holds onto the pole, holding him in place.

Reito: Funny thing about spears, no matter how big or the number of tips it has, spears can be parried the same way!

He knees Motoyasu in the chest before turning around and throwing Motoyasu over him. He kneels as Motoyasu flies over him and lands on his back. He gets on top of him and starts to punch repeatedly as Motoyasu covers his face.

Reito: Don't let her control you! You're better than this! You have all this power, yet you refuse to think about others! 

He keeps punching him before Motoyasu shoves him away with the pole and gets back to his feet. Motoyasu went to stabReito again, but Reito did something unexpected and grabbed his sheathed to block his attack.

Raphtalia: I can't believe Reito's this powerful. He's able to take on a Cardinal Hero, even without a weapon.

Naofumi: Be ready. Something tells me that this isn't going to end the way we want it to.

Using his sheath was his only way of defending himself from Motoyasu's attacks. He was getting pushed back without a way to deliver real damage. He found an opening. Dodging another one of Motoyasu's stabs, he avoids and pins his spear. Motoyasu goes to punch Reito but is blocked by Reito's sheath. He jabs the sheath in Motoyasu's face before sweeping his legs and slamming his sheath on Motoyasu's shoulder. He lets out a loud grunt as Reito plants his right foot on his back.

Reito: You showed strength in this fight. Be proud. Don't live so hastily. Remember, strength without knowledge is nothing. You'd better wise up.

He looks to the audience and lifts his fist into the air.

Announcer: The Spear Hero has been pinned. The winner is Reito Takahashi!

Instead of cheers, he received silence. He expected this and laughed. he did gain the attention of a powerful figure in the country. The Pope was intrigued by Reito's performance. Reito stepped off of Motoyasu's back and walked towards his katana laying on the ground.

Myne: Sir Motoyasu!

She shouted while running out and helping him to his feet. Reito bent down and picked up his katana as it returned to its normal form. He sheathed it as he stuck it in his belt.

Reito: I've defeated your challenger, King! You better hold up your part of the deal and return Ahri to me or I'll take her away by force!

Myne: You fiend! How can a non-Cardinal Hero obtain so much power?! it's obvious that you cheated!

Ren: Actually, you're the one who cheated. You fired a magic spell at him, which is a clear interference and violation of the rules. Motoyasu would've been defeated earlier.

The Sword Hero said with Itsuki following behind him.

Itsuki: Reito's skills and abilities may be unknown to us, but it's clear that Myne'sthe one that cheated.

Myne: I- I did no such thing! The audience didn't see anything.

Itsuki: The king saw it and ordered everyone to keep their mouths shut. Reito won this dual fairly. 

This earned a small fit from Myne as a few guards came down to help Motoyasu. Reito gave a nod in response to Itsuki and Ren.

Aultcray: If your abilities are unknown, then explain it! How is it that you have the strength to rival that of a Cardinal Hero?!

He shouted. Reito rested his arm on his katana.

Reito: I suppose there's no time like the present. I was planning on saving this for later, but I'll go ahead and tell you. I'm this strong because I'm the fifth hero that's been summoned from another world. One equipped with weapons and armor completely different from yours. Does that ring any bells, King?

Upon hearing this, the king's eyes widened.

Aultcray: No. Impossible! Who summoned you here?! Tell me!

Reito: You'll find that out soon enough. I'll give you a hint. She's close to you. Very close.

Aultcray grunted in frustration as he and Reito just stared at each other. It was broken when the Pope stood up.

Pope: It's clear that Reito is the winner. I believe it's time you release the girl, just look at how frightened she is.

He turns around and sees Ahri on the verge of crying. And the cloth was nearly making her hyperventilate.

Aultcray: Fine. Release her.

The guards took out their knives and cut off Ahri's ropes and removed her cloth. She instantly ran down to the arena where Reito was waiting for her. Their reunion came with a hug as she wrapped her tails around Reito's waist and part of his back.

Ahri: I was so worried! 

Reito: Are you hurt?

Ahri: I should be asking you that! You got your armor torn and your right arm is bleeding!

Reito: What, this? Meh, I've experienced worse. Believe me. 

Ahri: I'm sorry. You got hurt because of me!

Reito: Stop it, none of this is your fault. I promised you, remember? I told you I'd get you back. Let's get out of here. I think I'll have to report this to a certain someone. 

Before he was about to leave, he turned to Itsuki and Ren.

Reito: Thanks for that. You were able to clear things up.

Ren: You fought well. We'd like to know about those weapons you have. They're different from ours.

He said with interest while Itsuki didn't care much.

Reito: We can leave that to another day. We deserve a little peace after what just unfolded. I suggest you help tend to Motoyasu. Maybe he'll think more clearly after this match. See ya.

He said with a wave as he exited the arena. Ahri was glued to Reito's side, not letting him go.

Itsuki: The way he's acting, he's like another Naofumi.

As he said that, ren just shrugged it off. They ran to offer assistance to Motoyasu.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As Reito and Ahri walked to the city, they were met by Naofumi and Raphtalia.

Naofumi: That was a nice ass-kicking you gave to Motoyasu. Thanks for that. I would've enjoyed it better if I could've done that, but seeing what you did to him was just as good.

Reito: I think he needed it. But I was a bit worried about what would've happened if Ren and Itsuki hadn't stepped in. Same with the Pope.

Naofumi: I know the other two are stuck up. I have no clue about the Pope. I'm glad someone was able to put Motoyasu in his place.

Reito: I'm the fifth hero, remember? That's my job. Even if that includes kicking your ass, too.

He said as the two laughed. Raphtalia gave a small chuckle.

Raphtalia: What do you plan on doing now?

Reito: I plan to rest. This fight took a lot out of me. And after I rest, I plan to get new armor. I can't fight the waves looking like this. What do you two plan to do?

Naofumi: I don't know. We might travel toSiltvelt. We haven't been there yet.

Reito: That's not a bad idea. That's where I found Ahri. The people worship the Shield Hero there. It could be a good visit.

Naofumi: Thanks for the info. What about you? Well, after getting your armor fixed?

Reito: After I'm healed and got new armor, I'm going to focus on leveling up. We still have more waves to fight.

Nodding his head in approval, Naofumi seemed to have agreed. He wished them luck on their journey as they went their separate ways.

Reito: He's seemed to have warmed up to you now.

Reito: That's my job. Although, after our dual, I think the gap of reaching out to Motoyasu got larger. He's a hard one to reason with.

he scratched his chin as they continued walking through the streets at night. When reaching the forest, they sat under a tree with a fire near them. Ahri used her magic to heal Reito's right arm. After that, they lay down on the ground next to each other. Ahri rubbed her head against Reito's cheek as he patted her head.

Ahri: Good night, Reito...

Reito: Back at you, Ahri.

She let out a yawn before laying on her side and falling asleep. Reito was about to follow but felt her tails lay on him. Some moved up and down his body and brushed against his face gently.

Reito: (So soft! It's like heaven.)

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

13.8K 147 11
There are four cardinal heroes, the hero of the spear, the hero of the bow, the hero of the sword, and the hero of the shield...but there's one more...
8.9K 94 18
(Based from Rising of the Shield Hero) One day, A Teen named Talon was transported to the world where the Four Heroes Of Ancient Myth are summoned...
14.6K 363 7
For as long as you can remember you have served under someone whether it be a king or queen general or captain or even a master you have served under...
1.3K 60 23
She thought this was the end, that she would die in battle against Orochi. But, fate would later grant her a second chance at life as the Cardinal Sw...