The Seawitch's Regret: A Litt...

By legendaryfever

(COMPLETED) A Little Mermaid Retelling through the Seawitch's eyes like never stated before. Everyone always... More

🧜🏽‍♀️🧭 Tags and Promotion 🍄🦢
The Seawitch's Regrets (Aesthetics)
The Seawitch's Regret (0)
The Seawitch's Regrets (1)
The Seawitch's Regret (2)
The Seawitch's Regret (3)
The Seawitch's Regret (4)
The Seawitch's Regret (5)
The Seawitch's Regret (6)
The Seawitch's Regret (7)
The Seawitch's Regret (8)
The Seawitch's Regret (9)
The Seawitch's Regret (10)
The Seawitch's Regret (11)
Seawitch's Regrets (12)
The Seawitch's Regret (13)
The Seawitch's Regret (14)
The Seawitch's Regret (15)
The Seawitch's Regret (16)
The Seawitch's Regret (17)
The Seawitch's Regret (18)
The Seawitch's Regret (19)
The Seawitch's Regret (20)
The Seawitch's Regret (21)
The Seawitch's Regret (22)
The Seawitch's Regret (23)
The Seawitch's Regret (24)
The Seawitch's Regret (25)
The Seawitch's Regret (26 B#1)
The Seawitch's Regret (27 B#2)

The Seawitch's Regret (25 Continued)

5 1 0
By legendaryfever

Weddings of Tearful Goodbyes continued..

I saw Agatha smile in the distance.

"She got it all wrong we aren't-" Levy put her hands on my shoulders.

"Alehkzir." She stated firmly, "You are blushing."

I jumped and turned away, "No I'm not."

She laughed, "I'm just messing with you."

I sighed, "I hate this.  I'm pretending everything is going to be fine and I'm alright.  But no, I'm not okay!" I sudden exclaimed.  "In only a few hours you'll be gone.  I don't care, why don't we just kill Lucino at this rate!"

Levy looked at me, "Alehkzir, we can't.  I won't let you do that."

"You'll thank me later," I told her.  "Remember how you said you wish it was Laiken's wedding?  You'll get to see it like you wanted..."

"And a wedding of my own will never happen.  I feel sad..." Her eyes soften, "But we can't do that.  I made my choice when I asked you to make me like this.  I knew what I was getting myself into and I knew the consequences."

I stared at her.  "No.  I won't let you.  You'll thank me afterwards," I then walked off.

Levy stared at me in horror.

I walked towards Zestrella and Lucino with flames in my eyes.

"Lehz!" I heard Levy called.

I didn't respond.

But Lucino and Zestrella turned towards me.

"Alehkzir..." Zestrella muttered.  I saw her slowly moved out of Lucino's grasp.

Lucino turned towards me with an amused smile that was arrogantly displayed on his face.

"Alehkzir!" Levy called again, "Stop!  It's not right!"  I said nothing, "ALEHKZIR!"

Lucino and Zestrella were surprised by her voice.  Maybe they thought the singing was someone else too.

"No.  I'm sorry," I turned to her one last time giving her a sad look, "I can't not do anything."

"But why are you doing this?  I thought we both agreed we wouldn't do anything now and it's too late..." She whispered, but her voice and me doing this caused quite a scene.

But I didn't care.
Let them stare and watch as a poor girl's plea gets washed away like the dried up tears of rain.

"We?" I shook my head, "I didn't agree.  I hated that I felt like I was trapped and couldn't do anything anymore.  Don't you see I... I don't want you to die?!" I then felt myself start crying.  "I don't.... You can't die on me."

Levy stood there frowning, "It makes no difference if someone does in my place.  I don't want any deaths for me to live!  I don't deserve that."

I scoffed, "Why not after what he did to you?!" I took a hold of the helm and pointed the knife at Lucino.  "Give me 5 good reasons why I shouldn't do this.  Why should he live instead of you when you're way more important on any day?"

She stared at me, "I don't get it... Why can't you just-"

"What, let you die?  I caused this to you, so I must fix it.  And I don't care of the price!" I cried out, "If I could I would take your place millions of times for you to live because unlike you, I have a soul."

Zestrella stared in confusion and many more watched in wonder.

"You didn't cause it.  I did.  I choose to be one of them.  I choose to give up my voice, I choose to feel as if I was walking on knifes with every step, I choose to feel as if a sword was cutting through my flesh, and I choose to die if the circumstances meet where I could."

"Since when did we do things not together?  If you're gone, where am I supposed to go?" I stood there in stance still with the knife out.

No one was arresting me.

  "What am I supposed to do.  Who am I to be?  You're the only one that's ever believed in me, Levy Levias Levithias..."

Levy stared at me and shook her, "Be your own person.  You aren't nothing without me like you seem to believe.  You silly Ardizevepa, " She smiled lightly, "Live and be free.  Be free without me and it's okay because I never truly leave you."

I took a step back and held fear in my eyes, "I.... Must... I'm sorry.  Forever."  I was about to run off, but Levy grabbed my arm.

She shook her head and smiled lightly.  "It will be okay, you'll see."

In front of me Lucino stared with widen eyes, "You can speak?!" He looked almost annoyed at that.

"My voice has returned, aren't you happy for me." She said with her eyes gleaming.  I knew what she was doing.

"Oh... Uh... Yes of course.  Congratulations," he told her with a forced smile.

"I'm leaving forever." Levy told him before walking away.

I narrowed my ears before, I too, followed her.

"I'm sorry," my words only said.

~~~

No one said a thing for a long time and I could only think of the life that would be soon taken away.

I didn't know how, but Levy somehow made the best of it.

Did death not scare her?
Was the fact she was leaving not frighten her?

I did his best to remain calm and try to get through everything, but she would no longer be with me in the next few hours.

I'd be all alone.
And it would always be all my fault.

I offered my hand and we dance together once more.

It was our last dance, her last dance.
A dance of goodbye, a dance of forever sadness.

"Levy," I suddenly stopped.  I closed my eyes and sighed.  However, our hands were still together.  I looked at the sky whose stars glowed with light and the moon looked just as bright. 

"What happens after death? Where do you think you go?" I sighed dreamily, "I was always told your soul becomes free from your spirit and you turn into stars watching everyone by the moon's side?"

Levy smiled and shrugged and didn't know how to answer.  "I have no idea what will happen.  I might disappear and won't remember any of it or I might disappear with the knowledge of what had happened."

I looked down, "Wherever it is, I heard the life after death is filled with wonder.  You watch those in living.  You can greet them with special dreams.  And you live there forever unless..." Her voice trailed off and I didn't hear what she said. "When I leave this world, tell my father and Laiken and everyone I love them.  I'll miss them so much and even though sometimes we all never understand each other, they did mean a lot to me."

She looked down and I felt a tear roll off my cheek.

Her words make me tearful.

"And you're sure you don't want to do anything to save yourself?" I asked her once more in almost desperation.

She smiled sadly, "No Lehz, I don't want Lucino to die."

I sighed, "Alright... I.." I turned away, "I just don't understand why you're doing this to yourself.... I... I mean you.. you're just going... going to let yourself die.. without trying?" I began exclaiming as tears continued to fall down my cheeks.

I was crying now.

"I'm sorry, please I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me," she looked away.

Hatred was in my eyes, not for her, but for the situation.

I could never stay mad at her nor could I stay upset at her.

"Levy I..." I only had under an hour till sunrise.  "Don't go!  I can't live without you!  I'm nothing without you.  Don't you see, you made who I am today.  You're the only one who was ever there for me, on my side."

She lowered her head, "And I'll still be on your side until the end.  And even after the end I'll still be on your side."

"I... I can't stay here." I muttered and suddenly I was running off before I could stop myself.  My "feet" were running on its own.  I ran into a different halls and courtiers.

Suddenly I was in a room, my illusion faded from stress and there was a single balcony.  I stared down from it.

"Heh... He.. ha... Who am I kidding?!" I exclaimed to no one.  "What am I doing?!"

"Alehkzir..." Levy's whispered with concern.

"Leave me!  I can't... I just.. I just-"

"Lehz... Hey it's going to be alright."

"I can't help it.  You destroy me.  I was warned to stop so many times, I didn't listen.  I was warned it would cause disaster and doom.  Nor did I listen then either." I told her meeting her eyes.

Levy's eyes softened, "I didn't try to.  You were just the closest one to me..." She told me softly.

"Levy!  I.. I always loved you!" I suddenly exclaimed without meaning to.

ABYSSSSSSSSSAL

Why did I say that?

Uhhh

Abyssal.

I don't....

I'm jumping off.

Then Levy grabbed my arm, "What in the abyssal are you doing?!" I grit my teeth.  "Let me go!"

"No."

"What do you mean I..."

"Don't kill yourself over this.  I actually loved you for awhile too I just didn't realize it until recently."

Pause.

Deep breath

ABYSSAL WHAAAAAT?!

"Wait... What?!" I gave her a dumbfounded look.

She smiled, "Before I became human, I felt different about you.  I didn't understand it and I avoided that by being with Lucino and mixing that up with him." I stared at her, "But then it came back again and I realized it was you not him at all."

"Well Abyssal... I never said anything because I was nervous and kind scared.  Don't tell anyone!  But I... abyssal ocean... I thought you were better than me, alright?" I told her nervously, "And anything between us would never be allowed.  Keth Zykrula constantly reminded me to," Levy frowned in confusion at my last words.  It seemed to say, how did the Keth know but not me?
     "Keth knows all."  I answered her question.

"I wouldn't care about that.  You know.." she whispered again.

I looked down, "But now you're leaving forever and I don't know what to do.  I wish I said something sooner.  Abyssal...." I sighed one more time.

"Just let me for once..." She whispered softly, "For once in my life, let me be in love."

"I'll never get over you..." I allowed my head to lean over her shoulder, "I'll never love anyone else like I love you.  I loved you since so long ago, I was about 16."

Levy held me.
I held her.

I kissed her.

Don't ask me how cause I wasn't sure myself.
She kissed me back which made it a whole less awkward.

I had no idea what I was doing.

We were two individuals who weren't good at this, clearly-- especially with both of us being in love with the other before and never said a thing.

Not to mention we have zero experience what's so ever.

It's not like we magically have the perfect experience and know what to do.  Besides magic doesn't work that way.  Even if there was magic for it, you'd probably give up your lips afterwards.

We don't have any of that experience, but despite that it was okay.  It was awkward and weird at first but then it got better.

It became nicer and easier.
And sweeter.

I held her but I felt sadness within her.
I felt my tears fall down my cheek an onto hers.

"Lehz... I." She paused, "I'm glad I met you." We leaned in each other's arms.

Slowly but surely she became lighter.

She gasped.  I watched her in horror.
Sunset was slowly rising.

"Levy wait!  Not yet," I told her.

She smiled sadly, "I'll always remember you."

"I'll never forget you..." I whispered as I felt her getting lighter and becoming see through.

"I cherish all these memories I made..." Sea foam slowly stared to form among myself where her hand or arm touched.  "with you.."

"I love.. you," soon she was almost no more.  I had to tell her one more thing, "Remember that time you saw me at the surface for the first time, well I blame myself because I actually-"

"Alehk.....z..." She whispered until her voice faded off and disappeared.

And I just stood there.

I wasn't able to tell her.

"I actually caused the ship to sink." I looked up at the stars, "I'm sorry Levy.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry, I caused all of this!"

But she wasn't there.

Only ocean particles and sea foam.

The only left of Levy was just the seafoam and all of her memories.

I stood there and wept as the clouds turn dark and dull as a grey atmosphere filled the sky. For, she was finally free and the mermaid's spirit was at peace.

I open my eyes but she was still gone.

This has to be a dream, yes.

Then if I wake up we will be back in the sea.
Yes! Yes!
Then I'll tell her, I love her.

I can't believe any of this happened

She isn't gone!

She just took a break and will be back!

She will be!

She has to.... Cause I killed her.

It's all my fault, I caused all of this...

There is nothing more left for me.

I stared deeply from the balcony's edge and suddenly I saw my life to flash by through my own eyes.

Levy... May we meet again in a different life

~The End~

//Legend here, the chapter had to be split up because it was really long.

But okay so it's the end but it has 2 Bonus/ Post chapters of what happens next to Alehkzir in the following years and things.

It also kinda like a "true ending" if you play games and there are secret endings yeah that's this.

But I really love this story.
I can't say this enough.

It's also my birthday sooo

Happy birthday to me.

I'll probably enter this into the Wattys next year 😆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.4K 3.2K 36
"You're a what.?" He asked in disbelief. "I'm a mermaid. That's why I brought you here. To the place where I became one." I explained. "Avery, I don'...
20K 1K 35
*Completed* He stares down into the princess's stormy grey eyes. He smiles at her, though on the inside; he wants to kill her right now and be over i...
17.6K 446 12
Storms bring love. Sacrifices make friendships. Anything would come in the way of love. And that all started with a little mermaid. A/N: Requeset...
275K 6.7K 19
"Well, what do we have 'ere?" A hoarse voice stated above me, making my eyes glaze upward in the direction of the culprit, only to freeze at the icy...