Running Red: Lost Moon

By shadelostwolf

-Slow Burn- -Slow Build- Levi Sharpe just wanted to get out of high school without causing trouble for his mo... More

Chapter 1: Get Started
Chapter 2: White Ceiling
Chapter 3: Wake Up
Chapter 4: Blue Smoke
Chapter 5: What Are Friends For
Chapter 6: Autoshop
Chapter 7: Hot Cocoa
Chapter 8: Records
Chapter 9: Concentrated Dream
Chapter 10: Light In The Dark
Chapter 11: Walls Have Ears
Chapter 12: Congrats It's A Werewolf
Chapter 13: Patch
Chapter 14: Breathe
Chapter 15: Recover
Chapter 16: Find Answers
Chapter 17: Loss
Chapter 18: Human Element
Chapter 19: Echo
Chapter 20: Snowfall
Chapter 21: Circles
Chapter 22: Take a Turn
Chapter 23: Watch Your Step
Chapter 24: Fall
Chapter 25: Photos
Chapter 26: Time
Chapter 27: Just A little Broken
Chapter 28: Leaving
Chapter 29: Split Paths
Chapter 31: Impressions
Chapter 32: Scars
Chapter 33: Contacts
Chapter 34: Lookout
Chapter 35: Hidden
Chapter 36: Tunnels
Chapter 37: Jump
Chapter 38: Panic
Chapter 39: Underground Damage
Chapter 40: Dirty Skin
Chapter 41: Protection
Chapter 42: Heart Shield
Chapter 43: Backlash
Chapter 44: Darkwater
Chapter 45: Anchors
Chapter 46: Mirrored
Chapter 47: Endure
Chapter 48: Stone Explosion
Chapter 49: Will That Burns
Chapter 50: Before The Storm
Chapter 51: Cold Rage
Chapter 52: Broken Sparks
Chapter 53: Good New, Bad News
Chapter 54: Healing

Chapter 30: Home Trouble

2 0 0
By shadelostwolf

Andrew was sitting, dejected, on a bench when Tate found him. Tate sat down next to him. "She said no?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes."

Andrew flopped his head onto Tate's shoulder. "She's so pretty."

"She also threatened to shoot you if you didn't stop trying to step in her line of sight."

"I thought she was in trouble."

"I don't think she was."

"But she's so pretty."

"I'm worried for you."

"How so?"

"She threatened you, and your gushing about how pretty she is."

Andrew grinned. "We have to leave tomorrow. I guess... I can apologize for scaring off the deer she was hunting."

"At this point, it's about all you can do." Tate shoved at Andrew's shoulder. "Come on. Kevin invited us to dinner."

"Okay."

Andrew mournfully shuffled after Tate. Tate looked over his shoulder with amusement before he shook his head at his friend's antics. This was the first time Andrew showed an interest in someone. "Apologize. You never know. It might change her view of you."

"Okay."

They walked to Kevin's house and were greeted at the door by Marrisa. "What happened to Andrew?"

"Rhea said no to a date."

Andrew pushed past as he rolled his eyes. "Have fun at my expense."

Marissa gave an amused smile just as two young kids came barreling out of the living room yelling. "Andrew!"

Andrew quickly perked up. "Flint, Gale. Look at you two!" He ended up with both kids hanging off of him as Marrisa waved Tate inside.

"You made it in time. Mom just finished cooking. She wanted to wait till you two showed up."

"What did she make?" Andrew asked as he was being dragged to the dining room.

"A large spread. Bryce got into his first choice."

"That's amazing!" He was finally pushed into the kitchen by the two excited and hungry children.

Tate snickered as he followed after Andrew. He looked at Marissa, "Where's Cole?"

"He had to go back home. The alpha over there is being unreasonable now. Things are getting too heated over there between the tri packs."

"Should we come help?"

"No. The alpha is against help from mediators. He'll send you two home before you could introduce yourselves."

Tate frowned. "That's a first."

"Yeah. But we can talk more about that after dinner. It's Bryce's night for problems."

Andrew waved Tate over, and he took a seat next to Andrew. Tate leaned over to mutter, "We should talk to Marrisa after dinner."

"Alright." Andrew grinned as he looked over the food. "Oh man, I always miss eating here!"

"Probably because you have a hollow leg to fill," Bryce called out from where he was sitting next to True.

"I have to make sure I get my fill somehow!"

Kevin walked over with a large bowl of salad. "There is plenty to go around. Just be glad we didn't invite the whole pack tonight. That said, we are having a potluck this weekend to celebrate with everyone. You two should join us."

"If nothing comes up," Andrew said as he excepted plates from Marrisa. He passed the stack to Tate, who grabbed one and passed the pile along. "I'm surprised someone saw past Bryce's inflated ego to see his smarts."

"Careful Andrew. I'm pretty sure you're the only one here who hasn't gotten a diploma of some stage," Bryce called out in retaliation.

"Bah, who needs to learn how to multiply letters with numbers."

"Might help with impressing some people," Tate muttered under his breath.

"Hey!"

"Settle down, boys. You can eat in a few seconds." A woman called from the kitchen.

Andrew stuck his tongue out at Bryce, who rolled his eyes.

00

Levi let out a yell as he was tossed down onto a thick mat. He let out a groan and rolled onto his feet. "That one hurt a little."

Nas rested his hands on his hips and looked at Laik over his shoulder. "He's a lot more resilient than I expected." He ruffled his short dark brown hair making it stand up more as he watched Levi regain his footing.

Laik looked up from the book he was reading with a laugh. "I said the same thing."

Nas arched a brow when he shot Laik a questioning look. His dark brown eyes turned back to Levi when he called out. "I need a small break."

"Okay, we're working at your speed here."

"I think my arm joint popped when you tossed me."

Nas waved off Levi's worry with his deeply tanned hand. "It's fine. I didn't hear it dislocate." Levi had to look up at Nas since he was a hand full of inches taller than him. "We're here just to get you used to being tossed around first. Then we'll work on fighting."

"Don't hurt him too much, Nas. He's still human." Bryce called out as he descended the stairs with a cooler in one hand and snacks piled on a plate. "I bring food from the missus."

Laik sat up real quick, sniffing the air. "Is that her peanut butter bars?"

"Yes." When Laik took five waxpaper covered bars, Bryce flicked him in the forehead. "Save some for everyone. You also need to eat something else. You can't live off peanut butter, granola, and snack food."

Laik stuck his tongue out before taking a bite of one of the bars, "I do what I want."

"Your mom would hang you by your feet if you did that in front of her."

Laik took another bite and made sure to wrap himself tightly in a thick blanket. "She's not here."

Bryce rolled his eyes as he turned to Levi, who was slowly eating the bar. "I let Myrna know about the dairy. She wanted to know if you could eat baked goods?"

Levi answered around his bite of that bar, "I can."

"I'll let her know."

Bryce handed a snack bar to Nas. "I'm glad you could make it. I know you're on your holiday right now."

Nas waved it off. "It's fine. I was probably going to end up pestering Demitiri once I was done unpacking my bags."

"That name is familiar," Levi muttered.

"Nikky's son." Laik called out."

"Oh, the gloomy to her positivity."

Nas coughed and let out a laugh. "He is gloomy."

Levi gave a sheepish grin at Bryce's raised brow. He looked at Nas, "I'm just curious, but what is Nas short for?"

"My initials. When I was in high school, my last name was complicated to say, so they used my initials on my jersey."

"What kind of last name did you have?"

"Nas is not because of his initials. Some of the kids couldn't pronounce his name right, and he got stuck with it." Laik called from the couch. "His middle name doesn't even start with an A."

"My first name starts with an N A and the last name with an S."

Bryce sighed when Nas flipped off Laik, and Laik copied the motion. "Boys."

They both huffed and looked away from each other. Levi was watching in amusement and enjoying the break from being tossed around. Nas looked at him, "We'll get back to the practicing when you're ready."

Levi let out a sigh. "How much longer do I have to be tossed around?"

"When you can bounce onto your feet without hesitation?" Nas grinned when Levi gave a grumble. "We'll get you there. I have all winter to teach you how to get on your feet. And then we'll work on footing in the snow."

"He's already good at that," Laik called from his spot stretched out on the couch. He was currently trying to wrap himself in a woven blanket while trying not to drop the peanut butter bar.

"Huh, I thought he slipped off a roof?"

Levi covered his face as he turned away from the amused look on Bryce's face. "When will it go away!?"

"About the same time that the rumor of Laik being here is because he had an illicit affair with a rich bachelor-"

"Heiress and her pool boy."

"It's changed?" Nas asked with amusement.

"Oh, yeah."

Bryce rolled his eyes, "I wonder if you encourage them just to entertain yourself?"

"Gotta find amusement where it counts."

"I don't understand why you have to entertain the rumors," Bryce muttered. His phone chimed, and he pulled it out of his pocket. "I have to go to the hospital. There's an emergency. You guys good here?"

"We'll be fine," Laik answered around the bar he was eating. "When are Declan and Drystan showing up?"

"They were just waking up. Something about movies in Dad's rec room."

"I'll set the projector up."

Nas looked at Levi. "You still have an hour left with me."

Levi sagged with a grumble as Bryce gave his back a consoling pat. "Good luck."

"Thanks."

Nas gave a grin as Levi walked over. "Let's get this over with."

"Don't worry. You'll be bouncing back on your feet in no time."

"It's the bouncing I'm worried about."

Nas waved his worry away. "You'll be fine. Come on." He gave a little wave beckoning Levi to charge him. Levi came at him, ready to deliver a kick.

When he found himself on his back again, he let out a groan as the pain registered and rolled to his knees.

"See, you're already getting faster."

Levi huffed out an aggravated breath. He shoved himself to his feet and rushed Nas again.

0

Levi found himself on his back in the small recreational room. The first two days, he'd been subjected to being tossed around. Then there was the actual hand to hand that Nas was starting to incorporate into the lessons every time he moved faster or got back up quicker. By the end of the week, his body ached. He was pretty sure Nas was pulling his punches, but he was still hitting hard.

Drystan leaned over him. "You okay?"

"I'm feeling great. My bruises are singing with joy."

"Nas is tough on all of us when we start learning to defend ourselves, but he means well."

"I think he's being tougher because I already know how too."

Drystan sat down next to him. "At least you're learning."

"I'll tell you. It's different in real life."

"What do you mean?" Drystan was looking at him in question.

Levi propped himself up on his elbow and shrugged. "At times, I meet someone in my dreams who's been helping me."

Drystan frowned but looked away at his bare feet. He wiggled his toes, "Have you told Michael?"

"I did. But in the confusion, it kind of got swept to the side. He doesn't seem dangerous, but he knows a lot about weres. Like he grew up with them. Or knows some."

"You should tell Michael."

"I'll bring it up after everything settles down. Michael doesn't need anymore to worry about." Levi folded his hands together to rest on his chest. "I hate that I'm out of shape. My endurance used to be better."

"You did mess up your leg."

Levi looked at Drystan before he sat up. He kept forgetting everyone here didn't know about what happened to him back in the city. "Is Brian bringing Hannah? I need to ask her something."

"I think he said he was."

"Distract Declan for me? I would like to ask her without people hanging around."

"What are you guys going to talk about?"

Levi pulled his feet closer to him and rested his hands on them. "Something I need help understanding." His fingers curled up as he gave a grin. "I think I might have figured out who my real dad is. I want to talk to Michael about it but... he's been stubborn over talking to me about him."

"Maybe he's not ready."

"Maybe."

Declan showed up then with a table. Nas and Laik were right behind him with bowls of food to snack on. "Hey, help me set this up so Laik will stop trying to help."

"I can still carry things with my right hand."

Levi stood up and jogged over to take the bowl from Laik. "Bed rest is bed rest." He ducked away from Laik when he tried to swipe the bowl back.

"I'm not invalid. I have a broken bone."

"Which hasn't healed." Levi shot back as he sat the bowl down on the table. "I heard Bryce talking to you. It's healing too slow even for you."

"I bet you didn't even stay off your foot the whole time."

"Kind of hard when the bastard that caused it to happen was still chasing me."

Nas hooked his arm around Laik's arm and steered him over to the large fluffy couches. "We all need some relaxation. It's been a hellish few weeks."

"You've been away at school. Hellish my ass."

Nas gave Laik his best unimpressed face, "Not all of us have big brains and remember everything they've read."

Laik shrugged him off as he eased himself onto the couch with a grumble. "I don't remember everything I read. Everything would be different if I did."

The sound of Brian's voice had Levi looking over, and he quickly cut off Declan before he could get to Hannah and caught her arm. He pulled her off to the side just as Drystan hooked Declan in a headlock to stop him from following after them. "Remember that favor you offered me?"

Hannah looked at him, "Are you ready to talk about it?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." She looked over at Drystan and Declan. "Is there any food still left upstairs?"

Drystan catching on, quickly covered his brother's mouth as he answered. "Yeah, if you need help, give a shout."

"Okay." Hannah walked out of the room with Levi following after her. "I don't know if I can help you figure everything out, but I can help by listening."

"Thanks."

Once they were up in the kitchen, Levi asked, "Were you mad when you found out?"

Hannah opened up the pantry to pull out a bag of chips and a box of unpopped popcorn. "Yes and no. I think a part of me knew, but another part of me felt like I lost something. Granted, I could have found out in a different way, but I can't change how I found out." She passed him the popcorn. "Heat this up. We'll need at least three bags. True will be by with Skylar, and she's a popcorn fiend. How did you find out?"

"A letter that was never given to me."

"Have you talked to your mom about it?"

"Yes, and the counselor, and the therapist, and," He trailed off. Taking a deep breath, he slowly let it out. "And my best friends back in the city."

Hannah handed him a large bowl as she asked. "You're still mad."

"Yes, and I'm also mad that I can't let it go. I'm mad because the one with answers refuses to say anything, and the one who was supposed to tell me is gone and can't answer my questions."

When she calmly asked him, "Tell me about Michael?"

"Why?" When the microwave went off, he tugged the bag out and ripped it open.

"Tell me about him."

Levi let out a huff. "He's an asshole who gets grumpy if I ask about our dad and would rather talk about anything else. It's like he has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to him. But he absolutely loves talking about magic with anyone who'll listen. Is a complete dork for cartoons. His music taste is questionable at times. Can talk your ear off about anything he's into but clams up when I ask about my parents."

Hannah let out a little hum as she smiled, "You care about your brother a lot."

"He's my brother, pisses me off, but still my brother."

"I just wonder if your brother is mad at your dad for something?"

"What do you mean?"

"If it was me, and I was mad at my parents. I would want my sibling to find out about our parents from someone else. My angry opinions could sway their opinions of them. Maybe he's got the same thought. But this is hypothetical and it could quite possibly be something else."

Levi paused and looked at Hannah. "I guess. He did mention an oath he took. Something about not telling anyone about who my parents were."

Hannah raised her brow in question. "Oaths are important in this world." She turned to the bowl and sighed. "Levi, a family can be anyone. It can be found, it can be made, or it can be blood. It's got different shapes."

"Thanks."

She bumped his arm, "Good?"

"For now. Might need to talk more when I finally get all those answers."

"I'll be waiting. Now, let's see how long we can stall before Declan comes up here."

00

The next day found Levi back at Kevin's house to practice with Nas. The practice went just as it always did. With him on his butt or back in pain. Levi rolled his arm after having had it yanked about by Nas. "I need to ice my shoulder when I get home."

Laik looked up from his phone to find Levi slowly pulling his coat on. "You going home?"

"Yeah, mom is making dinner tonight."

"What is she making?"

"Meatloaf."

Laik made a face and looked back at his phone. "Do you need a ride home?"

"Brian is staying the night. So he's giving me one."

"Okay. I'll make my way over later tonight."

"I'll let mom know. Brian should be here soon. I'm gonna wait upstairs."

As Levi climbed the stairs, Laik called out. "Night."

"Night. See you later."

Levi was heading down the hall when he heard muffled talking coming from Kevin's office. The door was closed as he neared it. Pausing, he leaned forward to try and hear something, but everything was still muffled. He frowned. Kevin's office would be the best place to have a private conversation. Leaning away, he walked further down the hall when the office door swung open, causing him to jump. He looked back over his shoulder to see Nas looking at him.

"Leaving?"

"Yeah. Brian is picking me up."

"Take tomorrow to rest. Demitri asked me to help him with something."

Levi gave him a confused half smile, "Uh, okay."

"Next day, we'll start working on making your stance sturdier."

"Oh, joy."

Nas laughed and waved, "Night."

"Night."

Levi slowly waved back as Nas turned to head back to the basement before continuing down the hall. He dropped onto the bottom step and pulled his phone out. There was a message from Brian saying he was on his way. So Levi opened a game on his phone to pass the time.

His character had died three times before Brian opened the front door to find Levi. "Ready?"

"Yeah."

"Sorry I'm late, had to pick up Hannah from her date."

Levi shoved his phone into his pocket as he stood up. "It's good. We dropping her off?"

"Yeah." Brian was turning to head back out the open door when Hannah shoved her way inside. "Han-"

"Shhh!" She shoved the door closed and quickly locked it as she whispered. "I saw someone creeping near an odd van in the rearview mirror. Then they bolted across the road to this side." She passed the keys to Brian. "We should get to the basement. Brian, lock the back door."

Brian calmly took his keys and headed for the living room back door. "Hurry downstairs. We need to let Laik know." Hannah grabbed Levi's arm and tugged him along.

"Wait."

"No, we need to get downstairs." Hannah hissed.

Just then, Brian came running out of the living room. He scooped up Hannah as he grabbed Levi by the hand. "Run."

Levi picked up his feet at the panic in Brian's voice. Brian set Hannah down so she could run down the stairs with Levi after her. Levi turned to watch as Brian closed the basement door and tugged down a thick plank of wood and metal to barricade it. Hannah was running for the recreation room when Levi heard the sound of glass shattering. Both Brian and Levi looked at each other. They rushed down the stairs in time to see a canister fall into the basement from one of the windows.

"Fuck."

Levi was already running for the canister, it bounced once, and when it was about to bounce again, Levi kicked it up to catch it. He quickly tossed it back through the window just as a hiss started sounding from it. Brian grabbed him by the back of his coat and dragged him away. Levi grinned as he heard a shout of surprise from the window. What he and Brian didn't expect was Laik rushing past them and jumping at the window. There was a scream of pain, and they watched as Laik tugged a person through the basement window. He dropped the person to grab at his shoulder. "Nas!"

Nas came out of the rec room and made his way toward Laik. "Get in the rec room. You're injured and need to keep from moving around."

"They attacked the Alpha's house!" Laik growled, he moved towards the hunter, but Nas pushed him back.

"And your job is to protect them." He pointed at Levi and Brian. "Hannah is in the rec room already. She's sending out an SOS to anyone who can come help."

Laik snarled at the person on the ground, and they flinched away from him. He glared at Nas before walking towards the rec room. "Brian, get Levi in here!"

Levi looked at Nas, "But... what about you?"

"I'll be fine." Nas gave him a grin and a thumbs up. "You need to hide for now. We don't know why they're here."

"But-"

"Hide. You'll get a chance to fight back. Just not today."

"Levi!" Levi jumped at the anger in Laik's voice.

"Go."

Brian grabbed his elbow and tugged him along just as banging started at the door of the basement. Nas grabbed the hunter to toss into one of the rooms. Laik closed the rec room door as soon as Levi was inside.

"Brian, lock the door."

Levi looked around the room to find Hannah on the phone. "The Alpha's house is under attack! Send help immediately!" Once Levi was beside her, he looked at her phone to see her posting the voice message to a message board. She quickly exited out of the app to call Kevin. The phone picked up, and her words were in a rush, "Your house is under attack. We don't know why. It's me, Levi, Laik, and Nas. How fast can," She looked at her phone in worry, "I lost signal."

Laik pulled his phone out to look at his signal. "Did you send it out?"

"Before calling Kevin."

"Hopefully, someone saw it. If not, grandpa will make calls." Laik looked up. "Levi, get away from the door!"

"I'm not going to do anything!"

"I don't care! They're after you!"

"We don't know that! They could be after you!"

"I don't care! Get away from the damn door!"

Levi shuffled away from the door, not used to the anger that Laik was displaying. "Is Nas going to be all right?"

"He'll be fine." Laik walked over to the furthest wall from the door and pulled books off of a shelf. He dropped them on the table near him. "We need to make contact with the outside." He opened a false back on the shelf to pull out a landline phone. "Hannah, anything?"

"Working on it."

"Fuck it! This is my home, and I'm not going to let hunters storm it!"

Brian caught his good arm to try and keep him from rushing out. "Wait till there's back up! You only have one arm!"

Laik yanked his arm away and growled at Brian, who jerked back away from Laik. Levi pushed himself forward to shove himself into Laik's space. "You don't get to go out there injured! Not after saying I can't fight! Don't you need to protect us?"

Laik growled and shoved Levi away, turning to head for the door. "You'll be fine with Brian."

Levi stumbled and caught himself on a table. Someone had to keep Laik from going out there with only one arm to use. He saw the large book and grabbed it. Without thinking, he rushed after Laik, who was too busy trying to open the door. Brian tried to stop him causing Laik to look back.

"Echo."

Echo popped up and rushed at Laik with a shout. "Sorry!" He tried to headbutt him, but Laik stepped out of the way, turning in time to find Levi behind him. Levi closed his eyes as the book connected with Laik's head. He watched as Laik crumpled against the door and slide to the floor.

Levi dropped the book in shock. He was surprised that he even managed to hit Laik. "I... is he okay?"

Brian quickly moved to Laik's side to check on him. Levi gripped at his hair in panic. He should have thought it through. What if Laik died because of his poisoned state? Hannah was standing with the phone pressed to her ear in shock. She turned to the phone. "I'm calling Bryce. Laik will need medical attention in his state."

Brian looked up at Levi, who was still in a panicked state. "Levi."

Levi looked at him, still looking panicked. "He's alive. Unconscious but alive. Help me move him to the couch."

"I didn't-"

Brian forced his voice to stay calm. "His collarbone is still broken. We need to lay him out."

Levi nodded, "Okay."

"Grab his legs." Levi stepped forward to grasp his legs, and Brian gently lifted Laik. They carried him over to the couch. Brian managed to adjust Laik when there was a loud bang against the door.

All three of them looked at the door just as a series of knocks sounded on the door. Brian bolted for the door and started to yank at the locking system.

"What's going on?"

"Someone needs in. They used the knock."

"What knock?"

"It's a knock everyone is taught to use on that door," Hannah called out. She quickly turned away when her attention was pulled back to the phone. "Hello? Bryce, we need help. You saw the message?" She gave a sigh of relief. "That's good. Laik is unconscious, and Nas is fighting. Is there anyone on the way?"

Levi moved over to help Brian. They managed to get the door unlocked and opened enough that Nas tumbled inside, wheezing and coughing. "Nas!"

Brian tried to shove the door closed when a large werewolf hand shoved its way inside. Levi caught sight of an odd shaped gas mask on the wolf's head. "He's wearing a mask! Brian, get the door shut!"

"I can't with his arm in the way!"

Levi saw a flash of orange eyes, and he knew who was under that gas mask. He climbed onto Brian's back, yanking out a throwing knife and shoving it into the wolf's shoulder. There was a yelp, and Levi gave it a twist before hooking a finger in a hole at the end to yank it out. Blood arched out as the wolf snarled and tried to reach for Levi.

Levi caught a sweet scent, "What's that smell?"

"I don't know!" Brian yelled.

When the arm refused to move, Levi shoved his hand up against the elbow and shoved down hard on the forearm. There was a snap and a howl of pain. "Echo, help Brian!"

Echo shoved his shoulders against the door just as Levi shoved the arm through. He yanked his arm back, but not without feeling claws hook into his coat. The pain was sharp and burned. Levi jerked back off of Brian's back and hit the ground hard. He curled around his arm as he screamed through gritted teeth. His lungs seized up soon after, causing him to start gasping for air just as Brian slammed the door shut and collapsed against it to gasp for air.

Echo managed to lock the door with Brian weakly trying to help him. Brian slumped over on the ground, causing Hannah to call out his name in panic. "What's going on?"

Nas let out a wheeze. "Gas... it's made to," He fell into a coughing fit. "Weres! Warn... others."

Brain wheezed.

Levi sat up. He sucked in a breath and held it, counting before slowly letting it out. He repeated the steps until his breaths evened out. He shoved himself to his feet. Just then, there was a loud bang against the door. Levi grabbed Brian and tugged him away from the door with the help of Echo. Moving over to Nas, who was looking at him in question.

"You... the gas..."

"My birth mom has weres in the family."

Nas fell into a coughing fit as Levi leaned him against the couch. He looked at Laik's unconscious form. "Laik?"

Levi made a sheepish face. "I knocked him out."

Nas gave him an incredulous look in between coughing.

Another bang had Levi and Nas looking at the door. A hand grabbed Levi's arm, looking at Nas. "Wait... come inside. Keep on... feet."

Levi looked at Brian, who shook his head and gave a wet hack. He shook his head again before getting his feet under himself. "Fuck," His legs gave out, and he dropped to his knees. "Legs... numb."

Hannah called out, "Bryce is on his way. He's ten out! True is five out! Brian, dad is on his way!" They soon heard the sounds of sirens. "That's Gray. Hopeful they have some humans with them."

Levi watched as the wall cracked. "Is that door made to keep weres out?"

Nas shook his head. "Only hunters." He was gulping air, trying to wiggle his fingers. "Weres... this is an Alpha's house... that's war... if attacked."

Levi looked at the throwing knife in his hand. He saw Echo looking at him. "Echo?"

"Yeah."

"How fast can you run?"

"Just need to keep out of the wolf's reach."

Levi knelt and looked at Echo. "Can you outrun him?"

"Yes."

He started to pull his coat off and handed it to Echo, standing next to him in his human form. "When the door brakes, get ready to run." Echo pulled the coat on before passing the knives to Levi. "Don't do anything to get hurt."

"Just need to run fast."

Levi ducked behind the couch next to Nas as Echo knelt next to him. He flipped the knife in his hand as the door gave another shudder. The wall around the door frame cracking and growing worse. Hannah ducked with the phone still in her hand, trying to appear small and less noticeable. Brian moved over to her side. His breaths were still wheezy, and Hannah placed her hand on his back.

The door broke after two more thuds, and the orange eyed wolf stepped in, growling. His orange eyes landed on Hannah and Brian, huddled together. Brian pressed himself closer to Hannah, a growl starting to form as his teeth and nails grew sharper. The werewolf started for them when Levi threw the knife. It sank into the werewolf's leg, causing him to snarl and yank the blade out of his leg.

He looked around in time to see Levi running out the door, and he let out a snarl. The werewolf took off after him on all fours. A few hunters shouted and followed the werewolf out of the basement.

Once it was quiet, Levi poked his head up enough to see over the couch before running to Hannah. He snagged the phone from Hannah, and he opened his phone looking for a number. Quickly dialing the number, he waited for someone to answer. "Gray, follow the person who looks like me. It's Echo. The werewolf who chased me through the woods is hot on his tail."

Just then, a hunter walked into the room. They stopped to stare at Levi, and then he whirled around to look at the stairs before looking back at Levi. Levi didn't think as the knife flew from his fingers to sink into the hunter's shoulder and screamed in pain. Tossing the phone to Hannah, he ran at the man. His feet left the ground as he lept and swung a foot around to let his heel slam into the hunter's head. The hunter hit the floor and groaned before Levi delivered a swift kick to his stomach. When the hunter finally went still Levi knelt to yank his knife from the man's shoulder. He wiped the blood off of the man's chest.

Nas slowly clambered to his feet. He shook himself and quickly shifted. His breaths were still wheezy as he lumbered forward. Brian stood up. He tugged his coat and shirt off, his body already going through the change as he kicked his shoes and pants off. Hannah caught his arm. He looked at her. "Be careful."

Brian grabbed his shirt and ripped it so he could tie the fabric over his muzzle. He passed the rest to Nas. Levi looked at the two. "Someone needs to open the windows and air out the house."

Nas rushed past Levi, and Brian looked at Levi. Levi looked over his shoulder at Laik. "I'll watch him. Make sure no one sneaks past to grab him."

Brian gave a nod before running out the door. Levi sat down on the edge of the couch and took a deep breath before standing. He could smell the sweet scent of the gas slowly making its way into the room. Turning to Laik, Levi pulled his shirt up over Laik's face. Then Levi turned to the door and waited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 18.4K 136
"Why are you doing that!" she whisper-screams while her eyes flit to the other guys, who are now immersed in something else that isn't us. I kiss th...
13.8K 696 32
Despite Briar's carefully laid plans, she finds her life in shambles. One fateful night something terrible happens to her and Noah has to step in...
6.2K 220 12
Have you ever had to make a choice? One that you knew would hurt not only you but so many others you loved, that it would never be forgiven? Not so l...
167K 4K 53
A simple mute girl who lives in a world of silence and serenity with her grandmother. A ruthless cruel mafia who lives in the world of women,drugs an...