My Werewolf Neighbours

Galing kay MissLulu004

When Melissa and her mother move into a new town, they do not expect to have such otherworldly neighbours. We... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 18

109 7 0
Galing kay MissLulu004

A flinch filled my ears as Damian closed his eyes in what looked like pain.

"Honey, wolves are sensitive to noise. Sharpened senses, and all do that." Mom softly explained.

I immediately felt guilty as I profusely apologised in a quieter tone," I'm so sorry." I didn't want to anger him one bit.

"All is well, Princess." He forced a smile, though it looked more like a grimace.

"Well, I'm so happy for you guys," I smiled at them, feeling genuine happiness at the news. I've always wanted to be a big sister, and at my age, I should be able to spoil my little sibling rotten. I should start looking for jobs. "When did you find out?"

"Last week," Mom said with a weak smile that had me worrying. "When I think of those heavy boxes I lifted when we moved in, I can't help but feel guilty. It could have hurt the baby." She took in a shaky breath as tears welled up in her dark eyes.

"You didn't know, my Love," Damian softly smiled at her as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her impossibly closer to her chest so he could comfort her. A small kiss on the forehead and a few sweet nothings had her sobbing. "They'll be fine, my sweet. They wouldn't have been wolves if they couldn't handle that."

"Besides, you went to the doctor, right?" I softly asked her to which she weakly nodded, " If she or he gave you the green light, trust them, Mom. The baby is okay, I'm sure of it."

"I know," She sniffled," It's just that the thought of having almost hurt them worries me. I'm sure it's the hormones as well, though." She weakly smiled at him before smiling at me.

"I'm happy for you guys, I really am," I smiled, even as a small part of me felt a bit sad. I'm gonna be the black sheep of the family. "If I may ask you guys, do I have to come live in the Alpha's house with you? I mean, I don't wish to intrude or anything." I awkwardly shuffled in my seat.

"You won't be intruding, Melissa. I promise," Damian smiled at me as he looked at me with a genuine smile. "We're a family."

I don't know why I felt so insecure about myself. Maybe it's because I never saw myself having a stepfather or having a family aside from my grandparents and Mom. I don't know. It all feels strange. It feels like I'll be the awkward stepdaughter forcing herself into his family.

"Mel Honey, tell me. How do you feel about Grace?" She asked.

My face immediately lit up as I thought about that cutie.

"She's so adorable, and I simply can't resist her cuteness. My heart always swells in happiness after seeing her." I happily gushed as the image of the little Cutie came to my head.

"Do you ever feel this need to nurture her, be there for her, and be the person she comes to to tell stories about school, about her good days and bad days?" Mom smiled with genuine glee.

I had to think that one through, and to my surprise, the image of it all made my heart thump in happiness. It felt like a good dream.

"I guess so." I responded.

"Well, that's how a parent always feels for their child. In Damian's case, he's overprotective and would do anything for his loved ones. Aren't you surprised that you were accepted by Denford University on such short notice? Especially when you were a late applicant?" She giggled.

Suddenly, everything made sense.

"You did it, didn't you, Damian?" I curiously asked.

"Yes, I couldn't let m-you not have a school." He quickly corrected himself with a quick clearing of his throat.

"Thank you," I warmly smiled at him with what I hope was a smile that conveyed my sincere gratitude. "I really can't thank you enough for it."

"It's my job and with time I hope to be a father figure in your life that is if you'll have me," Damian humbly spoke, his eyes connecting with mine and speaking pure, unfiltered truth. However, as much as his words touched me, I didn't have a response to them. Not yet, at least. "Please don't feel the need to respond. I just wanted to have the words out there for you to know my intentions." He quickly said.

I genuinely appreciated his understanding nature that I showed my appreciation with a smile.

"Thank you," I sighed. The sudden sound of a knock on the door had us all snapping in its direction. "I'll get it." I offered, already getting up and placing my cup on the table in front of me.

I hurriedly made my way to the door and pulled it open to see my favourite cutie in the arms of a person I now identified as my 'mate'.

"Heyy," I enthusiastically greeted the pair. They looked very relaxed in their matching outfits. Grace had her black locks flowing down her back with the front locks being pulled back and held by a clip on the top of her head. Her outfit consisted of a pair of navy blue jeans shorts and a white T-shirt with Moana's face and Disney written in blue at the bottom. Nolan, on the other hand, had on a plain white tee and a pair of matching blue jean shorts. His black hair was ruffled to perfection as it mainly went back to the nape of his neck. Their feet were both adorned by white sneakers to complete their matching looks, but Grace had on a pair of silver stud earrings as a touch-up." Fancy seeing you two around this morning." I grinned as I took an excited Grace into my arms.

"Meli! I missed you." Grace pouted at me.

"I missed you too, Munchkin." I cooed, pressing a sweet kiss onto her cheek.

"What about me?" Nolan cutely pouted.

"Maybe a little," I feigned a nonchalant shrug. "The person I mainly missed was the little miss in my arms." I gently squeezed Grace against me.

"Well, I missed you a lot just so you know." He pouted. That's when I took notice of the small princess bag on his shoulder, making me raise my eyebrow at him in question as Grace placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

"My Meli." She cutely muttered as she cuddled herself against me.

"We are on our way to the grocery store to buy some things we need, so I just thought that we could pass by and say hi," Nolan answered my silent question." In fact, we were wondering if you could join us. That is if you're free and willing." He quickly added as a pink hue painted his cheeks.

"Just keep her safe, Nolan." A deep voice suddenly uttered from behind me. A voice that made me feel safe and cared for in a parental way.

"Of course, Alpha." Nolan bowed his head.

"I guess that's a yes," I shrugged," Let me me go grab my things quickly, then I'll be back."

He nodded at me in understanding before pointing at the car that was already parked at the curb of our driveway.

"We'll wait for you in the car." He said as he stretched his arms over to me as an offer to take and already passed out Grace.

"Thank you." I whispered as I gingerly handed him the sleeping toddler.

*****

Nolan's POV

"Thanks for agreeing to come with us," I nervously cleared my throat as I finished buckling a now awake Grace in the 'driving' area of the trolley.

"It's okay, I had nothing better to do anyway." She reassured, giving me a soft smile before she gently asked," How are you feeling?"

I sighed as I pushed the cart forward, "I'm still kind of unsteady, but I'm feeling better. Having you here helps." I admitted.

"I'm glad," She warmly smiled at me as we stopped in the breakfast aisle. "How's...." She trailed off as if the mention of his name broke her.

"He's a bit aloof, but he's responsive enough. He only responds in short intervals and barely ate breakfast this morning, but I hope things get easier with time." I sighed at the heavy weight that suddenly burdened my shoulders.

"I'm sure they will, and if they don't, I won't hesitate to feed him like I did you." She cheekily teased, but I could also sense the honesty.

"Papa, can we get Snap, Crackle, and Pop this time?" Grace asked as she pointed to the blue box on the shelf.

"Why not?" Nolan replied as he grabbed the biggest box and threw it into the still empty cart. "What about you?" He directed his question toward me.

I shrugged but responded," I'm still mulling over everything, but I'm feeling better than yesterday. For one, I am now convinced that my probable soon to be stepdad is not human. It's just that," She paused as a sad look shot through her eyes for a second before disappearing," I don't think I'll fit in quite well with their growing family, you know? Not only am I fully human, but I'm a teenager and an almost fully grown one. He gives me those parental feels that I always thought fathers gave their children, but something inside me is very unsure. I mean, I'm not his real daughter or anything. I know he means well, but I just can't help but to be a bit insecure about our new dynamic." She softly muttered.

The mate part of me felt genuine sorrow at seeing my mate hurting so much, but the loyal pack member in me knew better. It knew that his Alpha didn't care about Melissa not being his biological daughter, in fact, he yearns to have a close relationship with her not only because of her mother and their shared bond, but because he genuinely loves children. Alpha Damian has always wanted to have his own children, and finally, after so many years, he meets him, mate, and his mate has a child who he immediately adores. Anyone could tell that he already cared for Melissa, except for herself, it seems.

"Mel, have you seen how I look at Grace? How I see her as my own daughter even if she's not?" I asked as we suddenly stopped in the middle of the luckily not busy aisle.

"Yeah, anyone can tell you love her more than anything." She immediately chirped as if my question was ludicrous.

"That's the same way the Alpha looks at you. He cares for you, Baby, and I'm sure he'd like more than anything for you to allow him to have a relationship with you. His wolf is already protective of you and acknowledges you as his pup, and to him, it doesn't matter that you aren't blood related. All that matters is that you are his child, blood or no blood." I explained with as much softness as I could.

"I want to have a relationship with him," She whispered," I just don't know how. These insecurities aren't helping either, but I know that he emits this aura of fatherly care that I can't help but trust him and feel comfortable in his presence. I'm just scared, I guess."

I gently tilted her head up to face me with my pointer finger to see dark eyes marred with turmoil. Many emotions swam in her chocolate swirls that my wolf whimpered in pain for his mate.

"Just take it one step at a time, Baby. One baby step at a time, and I promise, everything will fall into place with time." I reassured as I leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Thanks, Nolan." She softly smiled.

"Meli, look! I did it!" Grace excitedly called as she pushed Mel's phone in her direction to show her how she had won the game she was playing.

My relationship with my mate is still uncertain. Zane's problems are still unsorted, and his bond with our mate is strained.

Everything will take one thing...baby steps because baby steps are all we can take.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

818 4 22
What happens, when someone is left with a broken heart, then someone comes and fills in the pieces with his love? Well, it's hard to explain. Espical...
102 0 16
A werewolf love story with a sweet little kiss.
1K 44 21
Lena is a normal girl, with a not so normal life. She had a family, a job, and a house. Then it all abandoned her. Then she was homeless, fired, and...
4.5K 209 31
Carine had no complaints about living with werewolves. After all, they took her in, a tiny, helpless human baby, when her parents didn't want her. Th...