Like A Phoenix ➳ Cobra Kai

By Spookyhookah

Katherine Mills is the newest student at West Valley High. She's beautiful, bold, badass, and above all, the... More

𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽: Season One
Cast: Season One
Fresh Meat (1)
Like Mother, Like Daughter (2)
Library Drama (3)
Oh, Eli's Dead. It's Hawk Now (4)
The Arcade (5)
All The Bright Places (6)
The Pre-Party From Hell (7)
Another Day At West-Valley High (8)
Party Crashing Teens (9)
Drunk In Love (10)
All-Valley Tournament (11)
All-Valley Tournament; S1 FINALE (12)
𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽: Season Two
Applebee's After Party (13)
A LaRusso Sleepover (14)
Welcome To The Dollhouse (15)
There's Always A Rich Friend (16)
Did Someone Order the XXL Sausage Pizza? (17)
In Malibu, Next To You (18)
Beauty And The Beach (19)
Trouble in Paradise (20)
Cuz Darlin' I'm A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream (21)
The End Of An Era (22)
Shedding The Snake Skin Once And For All (23)
Hello, Darkness! My Old Friend (24)
I'm Trying! But, He's Hot... (25)
I'm Wet, Ask Me How (26)
This Side Of Paradise (27)
I Came, I Saw, And I Left (28)
Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks (29)
Breaking Dawn (30)
Until Death Do Us Part (31)
80's Night (33)
The Night Before The Storm (34)
Eyes Wide Open (35)
Somewhere Only We Know (36)
I Can't Save Us (37)
When She Loved Me (38)
𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽: Season Three
Bloody Hell (39)
Into Open Arms (40)
Letters to Kat (41)
Lost and Found (42)
Tough As Shit (43)
New Sensei In Town (44)
Fight For What's Right (45)
Jailhouse Rock (46)
Money, Money, Money (47)
Aw, Damn. I Chose The Wrong Side! (48)
Fairy Godmother (49)
She's My Collar (50)
Pom-Poms And Pessimists (51)
Black Out Days (52)
Two Birds, One Throne (53)
See You On The Other Side (54)

That Escalated Fast (32)

285 9 2
By Spookyhookah

In the hospital room, Robby sat on a chair inches from Kat, still holding her hand as she rested her eyes. Upon hearing the door creak open, Kat became alert to her surroundings.

A few minutes after Hawk stormed out of the hospital, the doctor, along with two police officers, entered the cluttered room. The doctor, an older female, was the first to speak.

"Hi, Miss Mills. I am happy to inform you that the injuries sustained to your neck are non-lethal, nothing life-threatening or long-lasting. You will notice bruising for weeks and slight, tender bruising of your vocal cords. Other than that, you are discharged so that you can leave at anytime today!"

The doctor addressed while flipping through her clipboard. "And regarding how you sustained these injuries...." She sighed, then pointed to the two officers on her side. "This is Officer Winslow and Officer Brown, and they are here to ask you a few questions. Please let the nurse know if you need anything," she stated before leaving the room.

The chubby African-American man, Officer Winslow, cleared his throat. "Katherine Mills? As I'm sure you guessed, we are here about what happened in, uh, Coyote Creek."

"Right..." Kat sighed.

Officer Winslow frowned. "You're okay now, Kat. Nicholas Bates will never touch you again. We will make sure of it. Now, what was your relationship with Mr. Bates?"

"Oh, I've heard that one before," Kat laughed somewhat hoarsely.

"Wait, should he be in here?" The other cop, Officer Brown asked, pointing to Robby.

"I want him to stay. He makes me feel safe." Kat asserted.

"Very well then," Officer Winslow nodded as he continued to ask questions. The other cop, who was slightly taller, jotted down notes on a small notepad.

Kat never removed her eyes from the chicken shit writing, but she could only make out a single word: disgruntled. She paused before speaking, "Nick is an ex-boyfriend of mine back in Texas."

Officer Brown hummed, "Got it. Do you feel comfortable retelling exactly what happened in Coyote Creek?"

The girl rolled her eyes but nodded. "I got distracted during a game of capture the flag, and he came behind me and held me in a chokehold. I managed to escape his grasp, then we talked, and he strangled me."

"Why do you think he did that?" Officer Winslow asked.

Chuckling, Kat turned her head slightly to look at the officers. "I'm sure you already have his criminal record, and maybe you two are here to corroborate my story. That sick fuck should've been kept in prison. He's an arsonist-a fucking killer! The justice system failed me more than once, so please, what more do you want from me?!" Kat snapped.

As Kat grew more irritated, Robby rubbed circles on the palm of her hands to calm her down. "It's okay, Kat."

The sentiment put Kat at ease, and she resumed answering the cop's questions. "Nick wants me dead. Isn't that obvious? First, he burned my house five years ago and killed my stepfather, who only got five years. Then, he follows me to a completely different state, and only a few weeks back, he drugged me at the Valley Festival while disguised as a popcorn concession worker."

Officer Brown raised his eyebrows and exhaled sharply while writing down each detail Kat mentioned. Next to him, Officer Winslow shook his head.

"Right, uh. Doctor McCall, I believe her name is, mentioned that you have a few scars. Are they self-inflicted?" Officer Winslow asked.

Kat grit her teeth and shakes her head. "I have a bullet wound underneath my collarbone on my right side. That happened a decade ago. The most recent scar was caused by my dead stepfather, Matthew Barlowe."

"So, that's completely unrelated to Mr. Nick Bates?"

"Yes, sir."

"Final question, Miss Mills. Do you have any family we can reach out to about this?"

"No. I don't."

"Uh-huh. You are still underaged, so we must inform at least one legal guardian about what happened today."

"My mom doesn't care. I have no idea who the sperm donor was, and my grandma, with whom I live, is mentally disconnected. So, pick your poison, officers."

"We will inform your mother. Again, on behalf of the LAPD, we thank you for your diligence and cooperation, Miss Mills."

"Have fun with that."

As the police officers left the room, Robby turned to look at Kat, visibly distressed. "Oh my god, Kat."

"What? Do I have split ends or something?" She laughed.

"How are you so casual about this? Kat, you could've died. You never told me about any of that stuff!" Robby sighed.

"But I didn't, did I?"

"You're crazy, Mills. But I like that."

An hour later, Kat left the hospital. Being there repulsed her because she hated doctors, needles, and everything about hospitals.

While driving back to her house, her phone rang.

Ring, ring, ring... MOM (Ali) appeared on the screen.

She cleared her throat before putting it on speakerphone. "What's up!"

"Oh my god, Kat! Are you okay? I've been worried sick. I called thirty times. What happened?"

"Yeah, yeah. Everything's fine. It was a little accident, nothing major."

"Where is Enzo? He's supposed to be there with you?" Ali's voice trembled.

"No idea. I thought you fired him or something." Kat deadpanned.

"I can't reach him. I'm flying back to see you and grandma. Okay?"

"Uh, when?"

"A few days. Until then, stay home-oh, and no boys!"

"Too late," click.

Kat rolled her eyes. "What a damn mess."

Again, her phone rang. This time, Kat pulled into the parking lot of a local mall.

Ring, ring, ring-Miguel lit up across the screen.

"Fucker..."

Kat swiped to answer the phone. "Kat! I'm so glad you're okay. I visited you today, but you were asleep. So I stayed for a bit, then left. Uh, anyways. I have Mr. LaRusso's medal of honor that Hawk stole from Miyagi-Do. I'm going to LaRusso's house to deliver it. Do you want to come? I know it bothered you a lot, so I thought you might want to see how this plays out."

"You're right. It bothered me, every little thing about stealing and vandalizing a dojo, only to take an old dead man's medal of honor."

"I know how you feel. I'll talk to Hawk about it. Maybe he can see how fucked up that was. Meet me at the LaRusso's house in ten," click.

"This is going to be awkward." Kat groaned, pushing on the gas pedal.

After about twenty minutes, Kat met with Miguel outside the LaRusso house, but neither noticed Daniel or Amanda's cars in the driveway.

"This feels shady. We should've come together." Miguel whispered.

"Oh, shut up!" Kat chuckled. "Can I see it?"

"The medal of honor?" Miguel asked with a slight frown.

Kat nodded. "I've seen my biological dad's medal of honor. I want to see the difference between them."

Unlike her dad's medal of honor, Mr. Miyagi was older than his and appeared from the WW2 era. Kat's father earned his sometime during the Vietnam War.

"Thanks. Now let's give it back."

The two knocked at the door, and not-so surprisingly, Robby answered it.

"Kat!" Robby's eyes lit up. He turned to Miguel but wasn't as happy to see him. "Miguel..."

"Miguel got the medal of honor back while I was getting choked out by Nick. Here," Kat smiled, handing it to Robby.

"Why did you say it like that? I didn't know you were getting choked!" Miguel exclaimed. He sighed, "Look, Robby. I know you think we're all douchebags at Cobra Kai, but I promise you, most of us aren't."

"Especially not me!" Kat confessed.

"Thanks. Mr. LaRusso's going to be stoked to see this again. See you, Kat!" Robby beamed, then looked at Miguel with a straight face, "Miguel...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

794K 31.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
960K 16.5K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
237K 5.7K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
856K 33.3K 81
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...