the boy on the bridge ✔️

By fragmented-

"Are you going to jump off the bridge now or not?" "Are you going to stop me if I said yes?" "Of course not... More

info
0. 'perfect' boy
1. bridge boy
2. jump boy
3. school boy
4. golden boy
5. doubt boy
6. confused boy
7. smile boy
8. ex boy
9. skip boy
10. song boy
11. cage boy
12. dumb boy
13. room boy
14. family boy
15. alive boy
16. oh boy
~playlist~
17. caught boy
~thank you~
~q&a 1.0(part uno)~
~q&a 1.0 (part dos)~
18. lonely boy
19. bakery boy
20. talk boy
21. confront boy
22. friends boy
23. cry boy
24. out boy
25. diner boy
26. sneaky boy
27. tell boy
28. advice boy
29. like boy
30. nervous boy
31. date boy
32. cookies boy
33.1. boyfriend boy
33.2. boyfriend boy
34. movie boy
35. father boy
36. cinderella boy
37. where boy
38. ready boy
39. meet boy
40. proud boy
41. gay boy
42. dinner boy
43. aunts boy
44. hurt boy
45. forget boy
46. flashback boy
47. comeback boy
48. okay boy
49. sorry boy
50. left boy
51. work boy
52. go boy
53. dance boy
54. forgive boy
55. back boy
56. finally boy
~q&a 2.0~
~thank you, one last time~ & ~sequel announcement~
BONUS CHAPTER II
BONUS CHAPTER III
BONUS CHAPTER IV
BONUS CHAPTER V

BONUS CHAPTER I

6.2K 186 7
By fragmented-

a/n: first bonus chapter !!! .5 indicates between chapters (ie: chapter 14.5 means chapter takes place between (or somewhere between) chapter 14 and chapter 15)

⋘⋙

BONUS CHAPTER I
Chapter 14.5

It has been a few days since the bridge boy last saw the golden boy. He tries not to worry — maybe the latter's busy, surely, he has other things to do than visiting the bridge every night. The bridge boy doesn't know why he expected for the golden boy to be at the bridge every night in the first place. But also, they have been meeting every other day, haven't they? So, he figures he just unknowingly started to look forward to it.

There was that one day when Josh didn't show up and the bridge boy left trying not to be disappointed but was disappointed anyways. But then the blond showed up the next day and everything was fine again — at least for a while.

They talk every night, about nothing in particular really, just whatever that came to their minds at the moment. It is all about being in the moment itself whenever he is with the golden boy at the bridge. He doesn't think of anything else, but being there with him.

It is strange the way he feels. The bridge boy has never taken a liking to someone in such a short amount of time before. This is definitely a first for him, and it's also strangely reassuring that Josh happens to be one of the nicest people he's ever meet. And he's not saying this only because he likes him.

From the short amount of time, he's known the golden boy, he can tell how kind and thoughtful and sensitive and shy he is — all of the qualities which just happens to be the bridge boy's type as well. It's too hard to believe that's it's only by mere coincidence that he met this boy — he has been waiting to meet someone like him practically his whole life.

And as he said, it really was going great between the two of them, despite the nature of their first meeting, or at least that's what the bridge boy thinks when Josh suddenly stops showing up at the bridge. At first, he tried to not think much of it. An important work must have come up; he must be buried with assignments and homework; he must be preparing for a test or an exam; he might be tired.

But then two days pass and still no sign of the blond. Three days, four days. The bridge boy starts to get worried. He can't help it. It doesn't help that every now and then flashes of their first meeting intrudes the bridge boy's mind.

The bridge boy didn't think much of it then. Something about Josh's stance and his reaction assured the bridge boy that he won't be trying that again, and the bridge boy didn't ask him anything about it because he didn't want to seem nosy. He believes that if Josh wanted to talk about it, he would.

But now, the bridge boy can't help but wonder if he should have asked about it, and not appear as nonchalant. It's not like he doesn't care; he does. He just didn't want to press the blond to talk about something he probably wasn't prepared to talk about and risk not seeing him again. The bridge boy was biding his time really until the golden boy felt more comfortable and at ease with him.

And if he is being honest, he didn't really know how to broach the topic with him. It's not the most convenient of topics, and Josh looks like he is ready to dash away at the minute sign of awkwardness or discomfort. The bridge boy doesn't want that — he wants to be the person Josh can talk to anything about. Maybe Josh already has that person, just the thought of it elicits a sour feeling in him and so he's not going to entertain it anymore.

This is definitely pointless; he decides at last. He is not going to know anything, just wondering and thinking and waiting for Josh to show up at the bridge which may or may very well not happen. And he is the one who wants to see him now; he doesn't know about the golden boy; he can't speak for him. So, he has to put in his own efforts.

Taking in a deep breath, the bridge boy nods to himself, coming to a decision. As much as he likes coming to this bridge every night, he has to admit it's not nearly as splendid as it is with the company of the golden boy. He has to see him, he wants to see him — just to see if he's alright at least, as a friend if that's all they can ever be.

So, the next day, he sets to visit the town of Willowcreeks, the main area — he stays in the outskirts of the town with his aunts. From the little information he knows about Josh, he knows that the golden boy is a senior at Willowcreeks High School, and that he is probably still at school for his soccer practice. He gets a little curious glance now and then as he walks in the town but he doesn't think much of it. He is new to town after all; he smiles back at them.

It's not too hard for him to find the golden boy's school —-it is the only high school in town, and with a little look around he finds the field, and as he hoped for, there are a few boys on the field. He doesn't have to ask for the golden boy, not when he is the first person that catches his eyes. The bridge boy wasn't kidding when he said that his hair is golden. There are other blonds too on the field, but Josh particularly stands out, you just can't miss him.

The bridge boy stands at the side of the bleachers, not making himself known just yet. He isn't entirely sure how to introduce himself either, so he waits patiently until he can approach the golden boy alone. Initially, his plan was to just see him. And he's seen him; he seems fine. He is playing soccer with his friends. But now that he's seen him, he can't just leave like that. He has to talk to him, say hi, at least.

The bridge boy can't bring himself to care if it's weird that he sought out the golden boy all this way just to say hi. And it doesn't matter anyway, he wants what he wants and right now he wants to talk to Josh.

It takes about ten minutes for their practice to end and another five minutes for everyone to leave the field, save for a man who he assumes to be the coach, Josh and another tall guy with tanned skin and black hair. Fortunately, the bridge boy manages to stay out of sight that is until the blond approaches the bleachers by himself.

He waits another couple of minutes just to be sure that no one's around and it's only them. It also gives him an opportunity to properly see him, and unknowingly a smile makes its way to his lips. The bridge boy shakes his head at himself and pushes a couple of hair strands that's managed to come loose from his hair bun away from his face.

He steps out from under the bleachers, and lets out a small contented sigh — all the worries he felt over the past couple of days disappearing. "So, you're still alive, huh?" 

⋘⋙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 227K 38
[BXB] in which a boy leaves his love letters in the wrong person's locker. ↬ Kairo Alden has been pining for fellow classmate Alexandria Miller for a...
1.1K 273 63
Why does life come with so many different possible answers to the same question? Which answer is the correct one and how do you know for sure? Findi...
370 15 16
*COMPLETED* Jeremiah has always been a model student until an early onset of a psychosis related illness sees his grades plummeting and his depressio...
155K 6.9K 28
When Milo returns home from college for winter break, he's surprised to discover that his brother brought more than luggage and dirty laundry. Milo i...