Once upon a December - The in...

By rose_sparrow17

10 years ago you woke up all alone, covered in snow and in pain; now you're living in new york with your now... More

In my dreams
A rumor in St. Petersburg
something there
Evermore
No good deed
once upon a December
It's all coming back
Friends on the other side
Why does my heart cry?
I see the light
Underground
Extras - art and moodboards
A wolf in sheep's clothing
Ain't no doubt about it
Ma Belle Evangeline - SMUT
deleted scene!
here have more content
Scrapped OUAD plots/ideas
deleted/alternate ending

Paris holds the key to her heart

7.5K 213 36
By rose_sparrow17

a/n; I don't know how people talked in the past so shut up about dialogue it's a fanfic let me have my fun

=

Paris holds the key to her past. Yes, Princess, I've found you, At last.
No more pretend, You'll be gone, That's the end...

-

"This? Is my room?" you asked, jaw dropped as you stepped into the grand bedroom. Walter nodded from the doorway, the butler, not Mr. Fields, setting your bags inside the room. He looked very confused for a moment at the setting, as if he didn't know the room had existed before bowing out at Walter's side-eye.

"Yes, Harrison had it commissioned for you just-just before he died, in hopes you would return one day...I guess it wasn't for naught eh?" Walter said, stuffing his hands in his pockets as you spun around to look at the room; sunlight illuminated every detail of the elegant, almost regal, bedroom.

"I feel like I got shoved into princess diaries" you muttered to yourself, pressing your lips together as you spotted the, very soft-looking, queen-sized bed. You glanced between it and Walter, and he gestured to it "it is yours" he said softly, holding back a smile as you grinned and ran towards the bed, jumping and turning mid-air to land comfortably in the middle "This is so cool" you laughed, the soft bedding and pillows surrounding you.

Walter couldn't help but smile, one of his hands trailing up so he could bite his thumbnail "Glad it's to your liking, Harrison had practically lost sleep over the design, didn't want it to be as dark as the rest of the manor...said it didn't suit you" you hummed, agreeing with that notion sitting up and looking around again.

"Well, anywhere in the manor is free to explore, including the grounds; just be careful around the gardens...I hope you enjoy your stay, (y/n)" Walter said with a smile, one that didn't reach his eyes and he bowed his head slightly before walking out of your room, closing the doors behind him. You stared at the doors for a moment before sliding off the bed and exploring the room further, now feeling much more comfortable not being watched.

Though this, Walter, didn't make you feel uncomfortable, not in the slightest, instead it felt...better, when he was around. You huffed at the thought, opening the closet as you shook it away. Maybe he felt that way because he was Harrison's brother?...though that idea didn't...sound right?

You sighed, letting yourself hang off the closet doors for a moment. It felt like he wasn't telling you everything, like...only half-truths. "Whatever, at least I know something now" you muttered to yourself, happy you had at least found out who had given you the necklace, and in fact they did love you-very much. So much it was almost as if they died from heartbreak after you disappeared from their life.

Walter hadn't exactly been able to explain what had happened to Harrison, only that soon after your disappearance, and after the room had been designed, Harrison had died from mysterious circumstances; unknown to the family and practically alone.

You wondered what he looked like, what were his eyes like? Did he look similar to Walter or did he look completely different? You sighed, closing the empty closet, hands intertwined behind your back as you walked around the room, glancing into the mirror as you passed it.

You paused, breath catching as you saw a shadow behind you, the brightest ocean blue eyes just over your shoulder, hands edging around your shoulders. You turned, seeing no one. You closed your eyes, holding your hand to your chest "Just my imagination" you said to yourself, shaking your head as someone knocked on your doors "Come in!"

Evie stepped inside, her eyes widening at the sight of your room "Holy fuck! This is as big as our entire apartment!" you laughed, spinning around and nodding "That's what I thought!" you said, fully in agreement with Evie as she copied your movements form earlier while exploring the room. "Apparently, Harrison had this built for me just in case I ever came back, sweet isn't it?" Evie nodded, drawing her fingers against the soft sheets of the bed as she passed it.

"Very," Evie said, almost to herself as she looked about the room "This is-very grand (y/n), you sure you weren't royalty or something?" you laughed, waving the idea off; it was ridiculous, you? Royalty? As if, it was clear you had just found love in a wealthy lord and he made sure you would be taken care of.

At least that's how your memory-lost mind made sense of it.

Evie just smiled at you, clearly teasing before she stopped, her eyes catching into something behind your head "(y/n)?" you hummed, turning to look where she was, eyes widening when they locked with...your own?

It was a painting of you, beautiful and grand. You walked closer to it, examining it closely, at the bottom; your name was engraved into the golden frame. 'Lady (y/n); may she return just as kind'

You reached up, running your fingers along the engraving "Just as kind?" you whispered, wondering what your past self was like to be granted that kind of wish. A whisper played in your mind, it was your own voice, taking to the one in your dreams 'have courage, and be kind' the whisper said, laughing as the other rolled their eyes, kissing your hands before kissing your forehead.

'for you, always'

You were ripped out of the sudden....memory? with a knock at the door. Evie walked over, opening it gently to see her lady's maid, Mrs. Swift. "lunch is ready ma'am" said Mrs. Swift, bowing slightly as you came into view. "it is out in the garden" you nodded, taking Evie by the elbow and walking with her as Mrs. Swift led you out to lunch.

"I trust everything is to your liking?" Walter asked as you and Evie walked up to the garden, a long white table in the middle with a selection of food decorating it. You nodded, eyes drifting along the food as Evie hummed with a nod, glancing between you and Walter as Walter watched you with a smile that she couldn't exactly place.

It almost looked sad.

She knew that look; she had worn it far too many times now. Longing. Something told her there was more to this 'Harrison Deville' than either of you were told. But for now, she kept quiet, holding your arm as you grabbed the very... fancy-looking lunches, sitting near the fountain as you ate.

"Anything jogging any memories?" Evie asked as she bit into her roast beef sandwich, you shrugged taking another look at the manor as you tried to dig deep within the trenches of your mind. Only to find nothing, nothing but Harrison's, or Walter's, voice. "No" you muttered, looking back down at your food and picking at it. "Walter's voice was familiar though, that's the only thing"

Evie hummed, not seeing Walter peeking at you over his shoulder, his arms crossed as Oliver chattered away to him. "Well, I'm sure it'll come back to you soon, from how he looks at you; you were, or are, very important to the family" you hummed, a small smile growing on your lips at the thought of having someone that cared about you that much to have an entire room be made for you just in case you returned.

An entire room, on the small chance you came back, on the dream that you would be found. Whoever Harrison was, he had hung onto the idea of you for as long as he could; just hoping one day he would see you again.

"Just sucks the one who was waiting for me died before I could ever see him again" you muttered to yourself, Evie frowning a bit, tilting her head "I'm sorry what did you say?" Evie asked, leaning slightly into your space; you had spoken so quietly she couldn't hear a word. You shook your head, putting on another smile. "Nothing, nothing. I'm fine...at least I found something eh?"

Evie slowly nodded in agreement, looking over to see Walter staring at you, his eyes meeting hers and he rose a brow; wondering what she was staring at. Evie almost smirked as she glanced between him and you, watching as his ears turned pink and he quickly looked away.

She knew it, there was a lot more to the story than either of you were told.

-

"Hold up, is that a four-poster bed? Wait E-take me around the room!" Evie laughed, sitting up from your bed and showing Grace your room through the phone camera "Holy shit that one room is as big as both of our apartments combined!" you and Evie burst out into laughter, Evie telling Grace you had both said the same thing upon entry.

"G, this place is insane, my room alone is as big as my living room, can you imagine what the rest of the manor is like? If this-" she showed the room again, making a point to capture you sitting up on the bed, watching her with a giddy smile. "-is (y/n)'s room?"

"Damn! Girly you got a whole ass palace to yourself? What were you this dude's wife or something?" you shrugged at Grace's teasing, messing with your necklace again as you tuck your chin into your chest.

That thought didn't sound...wrong? It felt...right? Maybe you weren't just Harrison's beloved, maybe you were even more? You sighed, pulling your legs into your chest and wrapping your arms around your knees, thinking about this Harrison, and what he was, or would've been like.

"But they got butlers, drawing rooms, maids, service bells, everything" Evie continued to prattle on to Grace about the manor, laughing as Grace interrupted her with well-meaning teasing "All right well don't get lured in. Next thing you know, you'll be posing for nude portraits" Evie snorted and rolled her eyes, moving to sit next to you on the bed and resting her head on your shoulder.

"uh-uh, oh! I made a total ass of myself with the lord of the manor" Grace winced at Evie's little fuck up, tilting her head at the two of you as Evie rolled her eyes dramatically "did you overdo it on the bubbly again?" Grace teased, laughing as Evie pursed her lips in thought, while you nodded your head, holding up your hand in a gesture to show that she did, just a little bit.

"Maybe" Evie muttered, glancing away "in my defense, the butler was being-a fuckin' asshole, all rude n shit to me n' the maids, only was nice when he learned I was an 'alexander~" Evie said, dramatically flaring her free hand as you and grace watched her amused "but then Lord Deville swooped in and-" Evie dramatically sighed with a hand to her chest "-saved the day~"

Grace waved her hand In front of the camera, her eyes wide "wait wait, Deville? As in-" you nodded with a smile, holding up your necklace "(y/n)!!! you found him! I'm so happy for you!" you shrugged slightly, messing with the leather cord "okay that is not a happy look what happened?"

"H. Deville, Harrison Deville, died just after I disappeared. The lord is his brother but...the one who gave me the necklace is gone" you muttered, feeling Evie's free arm wrap around you in a hug while Grace frowned. "im so sorry (y/n)...but-at least you found something eh?" you sighed, you had heard that for what felt like a thousand times today, both from yourself and Evie.

Your attention was driven to the door as someone knocked on it, and Evie handed her phone to you while she stood up to go see who it was. Her brows rose as Walter Deville turned to look at her, looking a bit confused before he remembered the two of you were friends "Ah, Evie" Walter said, tilting to the side to see you "and (y/n), uh-sorry to bother you so late" you looked at the clocked in the phone, damn almost 11 pm "but I saw the light on under the door."

Evie hummed, crossing her arms and leaning against the door frame, giving Watler the perfect view of you on the bed, staring right back at him with your head tilted just so. "What's up?" Evie asked as Walter licked his lips as he looked at Evie, forcing his gaze away from you.

"Well, I was going to go to your room to do this but since you're already here. I wanted to apologize again for Mr. Fields; he's a bit old-fashioned, I hope you weren't offended" Evie looked back at you and you nodded, just because he was a lord didn't mean she should keep quiet. Evie turned back to Walter and shook her head.

"um...I was, actually" Evie muttered, looking down at her feet as Walter frowned, rubbing the back of his neck as he glanced between you and Evie "oh...oh um, I'm sorry-I'll talk to him." Walter said, a bit flustered now. "is-is there any chance we can start over? Forget that-" he waved his hand about in a vague gesture down the hall "-happened?"

Evie hummed, tilting your head back as you held your head, a fuzzy visage coming to mind of someone standing at a doorway, smiling at you, their face almost...glitching out as they did the same gesture as Walter. "forget about them my love, their opinions do not matter to me"

You shook your head as the vision faded away, Grace muttering some words of concern as you pressed your fingers to the spot on the back of your head, where you hit your head all those years ago.

"(y/n)?" you looked up, seeing Walter standing in front of you, him and Evie looking concerned "Are you alright? You looked as if you were in pain?" you gestured to your head, handing Evie back her phone as you used your other hand to pat the back of your head where the small bump was.

"yeah, uh-my head hurts from time to time, especially when like-stuff starts coming back to me" Walter blinked rapidly, as if he hadn't considered you regaining memories was a possibility. "you remembered something?" Walter whispered, leaning just barely closer to you. Evie smiled behind her hand, giving Grace a knowing look; who did her best to keep quiet with the suddenly intimate moment between you and the lord Deville.

"Yeah uh-it was just-the gesture you did" you copied the movement he had done in the doorway "trigged something, uh-only a few moments though, and some words, not a lot of information gained" you chuckled, smiling softly as Walter nodded slowly, standing up straight with his arms crossed.

"All right, well...i-I think I'll let you two get some rest, busy day tomorrow...goodnight, (y/n)" Walter bowed his head a bit, bidding goodnight to Evie before he was stopped, Evie thanking him for apologizing again, he smiled; thanking Evie for bringing you back to the family. And then he left, closing the door behind him quietly.

"I think, this Harrison," Grace started, Evie turning to phone to you so you could look at Grace "had a bit of competition with his brother~" you rolled your eyes and waved off the idea "phhhsh, nah. No way, he's-he's just being a good host slash brother of my apparent dead lover" you muttered, messing with your necklace again as Grace and Evie hummed, knowing smiles on their faces "okay, yall both know something I don't, spill it"

Evie shook her head, dramatically making a zip and key lock gesture to her mouth, before throwing away the invisible key "you'll see it sooner or later, who knows, by the end of the week you'll remember the tiniest detail about your life before." Evie sang, kissing the top of your head before turning to leave "I'm gonna go on a jog, you get some sleep. Night (y/n)"

"night (y/n)" Grace said quickly before Evie went out the door, leaving you alone once more. You sighed, closing your eyes and flopping back on the bed, twisting the ruby and the leather cord between your fingers. "I hope I do, cuz if not this whole trip is for naught" you muttered, reaching your arms back and stretching "Damn that was a good one" you laughed, feeling your back pop wonderfully as you sat up and got ready for bed.

-

"Come on!" you breathed heavily as the hand in yours pulled you tightly behind them, their voice frantic "Come on! We must hurry my love!" your shoes cracked against the stone flooring, the snow outside falling harder than it had within the past fortnight.

"My lord! Out the cellar, they aren't guarding there!" the one holding your hand thanked the voice and he turned again, grabbing a touch off the wall and rushing through the cold and dark halls to the cellar.

"Be careful, watch your step darling" the voice whispered, looking behind their shoulder frantically as their face was disturbed by the torchlight, the only thing visible was their bright blue eyes. You carefully lifted your dress as you slid into the cellar, reaching out blindly for your love's hand before it caught yours, their callused thumb rubbing the back of your hand gently.

"This way" they whispered, leading towards the back doors of the cellar that led to the forest surrounding your castle. With one swift push the cellar doors burst open, and the voice poked their head out to check for anyone. "it's clear" they took your hand again and then your waist, pulling you up and through the steep stairway before bolting for the woods, leaving the torch behind in the stone cellar.

You screamed as you were suddenly separated from the voice, their hand ripped away from yours as fire exploded between you. "THERE THEY ARE, GET THEM, GET THE WITCH!" the voice, the blue eyes, turned to you before they turned pitch black, a pair of sharp fangs making themselves known.

"GET AWAY FROM HER" the voice snarled, voice demonic and demanding, poisoned with blood lust and rage. You could feel cold and cruel hands wrap around your arms before they were ripped away, familiar hands that were now clawed holding yours and pulling you in another direction, away from the fire and cruel voices.

Hardened snow crunched under your feet, the falling snow blurring your vision until you were stumbling over your dress, panting heavily as the hand gripped yours tightly "just a bit further darling, we're almost there!"

You screamed as an arrow shot into the voice's shoulder, their hand leaving yours as you both hit the ground. "Harrison!" you called out, your voice shot and cheeks soaked with terrified tears as the voice, Harrison, gasped for breath, baring his fangs as the townsfolk ran down the path towards you.

"(y/n), run-NO!" you screamed again as someone grabbed you, picked you up, and slammed your head into a tree, not hard enough to knock you out, but enough to lose your sense for a moment. You fell to the ground, your hands shaking and feeling numb as the cold sunk into them.

Your ears rang for what felt like hours, but soon those comforting hands took yours again and you were running down the dark forest path, the feeling of danger licking at your heels as your vision went in and out. "Lord Deville!"

There was a cart, with some of your butlers and maids on it, reaching out towards you and Harrison "Come!" Harrison, being closer, was pulled onto the cart, his hand still tight in yours as he turned to pull you onto the moving cart with him. "(y/n) come on! I can't lose you!"

You tried to pull yourself into his arms, but you felt yourself slip and the cart jump. You lost your grip on Harrison's hand and you hit the ground, body slumping as your head hit a sizable rock, hard.

"(Y/N)-NO-(Y/N)!"

You sat up with a gasp as sweat dripped down your back and neck, gasping for breath as you came back down to earth from the nightmare...no...memory.

You have had this, dream, multiple times now, but this was the first time it had played out so-detailed. Usually, all you could see was fire, those eyes, and hear his...Harrison's, voice; him screaming your name.

But-gods for it to be so detailed this time, to see everything to hear everything, to feel it, to feel the fear you had felt from-back then. You sighed, moving to sit up against the pillows as you rubbed your face.

"I need a snack" you muttered, tossing the covers away and sliding out of bed; glancing at the clock as you did. Almost 3 am. "witching hour" you joked to yourself as you walked over to the bedroom, sliding on your hoodie as you did so.

You trailed your hand on the dimly lit manor walls as you made your way to the kitchen, very much in the mood for something sweet. "But not fake sweet, like-natural sweet...that makes no sense" you muttered to yourself, tilting your head as you made you way into the main hallway, seeing Mr. Fields and the five maids that had arrived with you and Evie standing at the bottom of the stairs, seemingly waiting for something.

You watched them for a moment, perking up as Evie came out from the other end of the hallway, holding a small cup in her hands. She smiled as she saw you and joined you at the rails, looking down at the butler and maids "What are they doing?" Evie whispered, and you shrugged, about to make your way around to go to the kitchen when you felt a presence behind you.

You turned, tilting your head at the eyes in the shadows "Walt?" you whispered and Evie jumped, closing her eyes and holding her hand to her chest as Walter stepped out of the shadows, his brows furrowed and his hair no longer combed back "what are you two doing up this late?" he asked quietly, coming to a stop just behind you, leaning on the rails.

"Hungry," you said at the same time Evie held up her glass "Thirsty," she said, the two of you sharing a look before looking back at Walter. He hummed, licking his lips as he looked down at the maids and butler "Mr. Fields" he looked up, very surprised to hear the lord's voice instead of the service bell "have one of them clean the library, the rest are dismissed." Mr. Fields slowly nodded, watching confused, for some reason, as Walter gestured back down the hallway where you had come from.

"Come, I have a personal kitchen just down the hall" he whispered, and you smiled, nodding as he led the way. Evie curled her hand around your elbow, the two of you walking side by side as Walter opened a door and nodded for you to go inside.

You did and hummed, it wasn't a big kitchen, clearly a personal one either just he or his help for the day used. It matched the rest of the house, yet had more of an...older vibe to it. Evie quickly started to pour herself a cup of water while Walter turned the lights on, gesturing to the fridge and cabinets and then to you. "Have anything you'd like."

You glanced at him, twice, and then practically skipped over to the fridge, Evie laughing as you threw the doors open and scavenged for whatever it was you were craving.

Then you saw them.

Strawberries~

You carefully pulled them from the fridge, grinning at the bright red fruit "knew you would go for those" Walter chuckled, leaning against the counter with his arms crossed, watching you with a smile as you grabbed a small knife and washed several strawberries. "you knew?" you asked, pausing in your mission to cut up the strawberries to look at Walter, a bit confused.

He just nodded "yeah, you've always loved them, I think you actually pushed me out of the way one time to get to them" he chuckled at the memory, a fond smile on his lips "the Deville family has gotten their strawberries from the same vendor for—gods more than seven centuries now? So-" he watched you bite into one of the berries, holding back a laugh as your eyes fluttered. "-I think you'll find them to be quite good"
"Oh damn these are good" you muttered, they were the best you had ever tasted, at least in your current memories. But as you took another bite, another vision, a memory, came to mind. You were eating strawberries, sitting out in a garden as Harrison sat across from you, watching you with that same smile Walter was looking at you with.

The vision faded away and you shook your head, unable to keep the smile off your face as you felt your chest flutter with butterflies. Walter and Harrison had the same eyes, the same smile... "How close were you and Harrison in age?" you asked, surprising Walter with the sudden question as he jumped a little.

"oh uh" Walter stuttered over himself, Evie watching with an amused smile as she had seen Walter just-staring at you, with a look of fondness and longing. "we were uh...twins, actually" he coughed into his fist, and something told you he was lying but how could you know that? What did you know that could tell you he was lying?

It also didn't feel like a lie, more like...a half-truth. So you nodded, pushing your hair behind your ear as you ate another strawberry, the juice running down your chin "oh" you muttered going to wipe it up when Walter beat you to the punch, his callused thumb brushing away the juice from your chin "there you go" he muttered, his eyes catching yours before his ears turned pink and he looked away. "well uh, you both know where this is now, and you both know where your rooms are;" he let out a nervous laugh as he backed away, hands tucked neatly behind his back. "so this kitchen is open whenever you need it, just-don't blow it up?"

You groaned, stomping your foot a bit as if that was what you had been planning to do, both Evie and Walter laughing at your reaction. "fineeee" you muttered, a suppressed smile on your lips as Walter bowed out "goodnight ladies, I'll see you at breakfast."

As soon as his footsteps disappeared, Evie slid up to you on the other side of the counter

"did you see how he looked at you?" she whispered, an almost excited smile on her face as she patted the counter. You frowned, tilting your head and shaking it. Evie leaned closer, taking your non-strawberried hand "he looks at you as if you're a lost dream come to life" she whispered, her eyes sparkling with something you didn't understand, it was the same look she had when she watched those older Disney movies.

You blinked at her, then shoved her face away, snickering as she sputtered "uh-uh, considering I was basically dead to him and the family for the last 10 years, I would expect him to look at me with a certain" you made a vague gesture "je ne sais quoi, ya know?"

Evie just hummed, giving you another knowing look before she walked out of the kitchen to head back to her room. "Why does everyone seem to know more than me?" you muttered, tapping your finger on the counter before collecting the last of the strawberries you had taken out and putting the remaining ones away for later.

-

Walter sat out on the master bedroom balcony, the room practically empty behind him except for a desk, a lamp, and a painting. He looked back at it, his eyes meeting with yours, looking back at him with the same kindness you finally had graced him with after so many years.

He licked his lips, tapping the paper in his hand to his palm, before standing and fetching something from his desk, the silver metal smooth against his fingers. "one last try Harrison" Walter told himself, turning swiftly on his heel and making his way out of the manor, taking the practically abandoned path into the forest, holding the folded paper and pocket watch tightly in his hands.

"One last hope"

-end of part 3-

im having too much fucking fun~~~~ also, as yall can probably see, some of the lords...kindness, is coming back out, since his heart has returned, so has his more-human-side. aka no, #2 maid/ Imogen did not die in the library~ (i wish we got to know all the maids names, would've humanized em even further also fuck the butler for calling her number 2, racist mf at least Walter had the decency to fake being nice to the maids) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 30 14
As a young girl I was sent away to an agency so they could protect me because of the dangers within my powers. My powers were so resourceful and magi...
3.3K 185 33
"I'm sorry, James. The tests were positive. You have cancer," the doctor said. In that moment, I felt my entire world crumble. Everything I knew, eve...
40.1K 1K 89
Out of the blue y/n receives a wedding invitation for people she doesn't really know, soon enough she meets the brother of the bride the two quickly...
200K 14.7K 37
β—¦β€’β—β—‰βœΏ While searching for true friendship, she found her true love. However, she was let down by her best friend when she needed her the...