The Art Of Having No Idea ~ H...

By ItsAFanThingOk

Life for Sophia takes a sudden turn when Harry enters it. Shes older than him, a single mum and not into the... More

~ CHARACTERS ~
~ BACKGROUND INFO ~
~ ONE ~
~ TWO ~
~ THREE ~
~ FOUR ~
~ FIVE ~
~ SIX ~
~ SEVEN ~
~ EIGHT ~
~ NINE ~
~ TEN ~
~ ELEVEN ~
~ TWELVE ~
~ THIRTEEN ~
thank you!
~ FOURTEEN ~
~ FIFTEEN ~
Freezy Five!
~ SIXTEEN ~
~ SEVENTEEN ~
~ EIGHTEEN ~
~ NINETEEN ~
~ TWENTY ~
~ update & stuff ~
~ Twenty One ~
~ Twenty Two ~
~ Twenty Three ~
~ Twenty Four ~
~ Twenty Five ~
~ Twenty Six ~
~ Twenty Seven ~
~ Twenty Eight ~
~ Twenty Nine ~
~ Thirty ~
~ Thirty One ~
authors note ~ 26/07/21
~ Thirty Two ~
~ Thirty Three ~
apologies
~ Thirty Four ~
~ Thirty Five ~
~ Thirty Six a ~
~ Thirty Six b ~
~ Thirty Seven ~
~ Thirty Eight ~
~ Thirty Nine ~
Happy New Year!
~ Forty ~
~ Forty One ~
~ Forty Two ~
~ Forty Three ~
author's note 07/08/22
~ Forty Four ~
~ Forty Five ~
~ Forty Seven ~
~ Forty Eight ~
~ Forty Nine ~
Happy New Year!
~ Fifty ~
~ Fifty One ~

~ Forty Six ~

2.6K 72 33
By ItsAFanThingOk

Wednesday 23rd January 2020

"Good morning guys, it's currently..." I look down at my watch, my eyes bulging at the time. "It's exactly five, twenty three am. And you may be wondering why I'm up at this time, and believe me, if I had the answer I'd tell you. But I don't. I haven't the foggiest why I'm awake at this time. I've been up for about fifteen minutes, pottering around doing jack shit." Sitting down on the sofa, I turn my head towards the camera once again.

"I'm feeling a little lost with content this week, so I thought I'd do another Q&A segment to the vlog, you lot seem to like them. I get questions in my comments and what not all the time, so I'm going to answer some of them now whilst I have some free time."

"So... Without further ado." Unlocking my phone, I pull up a list of questions that I spent the past five minutes finding. "Okay, so first question is... If I could like anywhere, where would I live? Great question, something I think about all the time." I shuffle a bit, getting myself comfortable in the corner of the sofa.

"So here's the thing, I don't technically have a place I'd like to live, like, a location. I just know what I would like for my house... So it needs to be somewhere with great views, like country side but with some sea views too. I'm not a city person... Which sounds absolutely crazy considering I basically live in London. Can't get much more city than that can you?" I laugh a little, probably looking like a delirious person.

"So yeah, I want a farmhouse, or a converted barn, with plenty of land. Not too much that it's hard to control, but enough to grow my own veg, have some animals - plenty of dogs, obviously - with room for family and friends to stay, football space for Cor and Harry and then god knows what else those two would think of as well."

I shake my head, knowing I've just waffled on with my answer, but this is apparently what my viewers want to know.

"Next question... What did I want to be when I was younger? Well, first I can remember, I wanted to be an ice cream truck lady..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

The day continues to go on pretty slow, I finished my Q&A segment, I sorted out everything needed for the school run and my work day, breakfast for Cormac when he woke up, and then took him to school. After that, I made my way to the student accommodation block that I'm opening at the end of this month.

Which is where I currently am right now.

"Miss White, it's great to have you back with us, especially now that everything is complete." I shook Jamie's hand. Jamie is the head of 'Operation Student Digs', the project name we somehow came up with. He and his team been with me since the start of this process in march of last year. They've done an amazing job so far.

When I first took on the building, getting it pretty cheap at auction, it was basically falling apart. Many of the windows having been broken, meaning that there was a lot of water damage, animal waste and god knows what else, everywhere.

The floor plans of the flats were ridiculous bad, the flow between rooms just wasnt it. They didn't make any sense, what so ever.

So... I hired Jamie and his company to help fix it up, eventually getting to the point that they just partnered with me to finish the whole project. They have decorated and built furniture for all of the flats, with only small bits needing to be added before it's complete, ready for students to move in from next week.

"Jamie, how many times do I need to tell you to call me Sophia?" I shot him a pointed look, one that made him laugh. "Anyways, I have my notebook, ready to take a walk through all the flats? We need to make sure everything is in working order and they have everything they need. I'll make note of anything that needs buying."

"That's the plan, I have a phone charger to test all the plug sockets, and have the tool box for any quick fixes we can do today."

"Perfect, shall we make a start then?" A curt nod from Jamie, and we walked into the main reception area, flicking on light switches, checking all cupboards, plug sockets and anything else we could think of or see.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling again, I need a pick-me-up. I've been calling you friend, I might need to give it up-" the music cut out, being replaced by the call tone sounding throughout my car. Harry name popped up on the small screen on the dashboard. I answered the call, a smile taking over my resting bitch face.

"Hi bub, you okay?"

"Ello ello, I'll be more than ok when you get home, I forgot my keys, so I'm locked out of yours, in shorts, freezing my balls off." His laugh flowed through the speaker, followed by chattering teeth.

"I still have about twenty minutes left until I get to hackney... I thought you were filming today anyways?" I let out a small, quiet chuckle, concentrating on the road ahead.

"Oh fuck... Really? Yeah we managed to finish early, so I thought I'd come here straight away. Completely forgot you were going to the flats today... How'd it go?"

"There's a bit more to be done, but I'll tell you about it when I get home."

"Okay bub, drive safe, I'll be here wa-" I stop him before he can carry on with what he's saying, by telling him something he's not going to approve of in the slightest.

"Uhmm... You don't need to wait outside. If you go down the steps to the kitchen door, look under the plant pots, you'll find a spare key. I can't remember which one it's under, bit it's there." I chew on my lip, stuck at a red light, waiting for his response. I'm not waiting long, as he lets out a heavy sigh.

"Really Sophia? Under a plant pot?" He let out a stressed chuckle at my cliché way of hiding the key, but it's come in handy now hasn't it?

"I wouldn't complain if I were you Mr. Lewis, I could've left you sat in this steps until I get home..." It's my turn to laugh now as he grumbled, calling me a 'little bitch'. "Yeah, that's what I thought." If I were with him right now, I would've pulled my tongue at him, like a child.

"Alright alright... Please get a- just find a better place to hide the key, I don't want the wrong hands getting hold of it, bub."

"I will, I promise." He made a sound of approval, over the noise of his shuffling trying to find the key.

"Good. Have you had lunch yet?"

I shook my head no, it taking me a second to realise that he can't see me. "I haven't, no. Want me to pick something up?"

"No no, I'll make us some lunch, I'm assuming you've got foo- AH HA! Found it! Sorry, as I was saying-" the sound of the key going into the lock of the kitchen door sounded, letting me know that he's now inside the house.

"Yes, there's food in the fridge, obviously. I'm good with anything, thanks bub."

"Right ok, I'll let you go then, drive safe, I'll see you in about fifteen then."

"I will do, see you shortly."

"Ok, I love you." I don't think I'll ever tire of hearing him say those words.

"I love you too, bye bub."

As stated, I got home within fifteen minutes, just walking down the steps to the kitchen, rather than go through the front door. I see Harry standing at the cooker, stirring something in a pot on the hob. Walking up behind him, placing my bag on the kitchen island as I go, I wrap my arms around his waist, snuggling my face into his shoulder.

"Hello, how was your drive?" One of his hands closing around mine, warming it up slightly.

"Hey, the drive was alright, listened to The Neighborhood, saw many concrete buildings... The usual." He turned his head to look at me, a smirk on his face as he held in a chuckle.

"Glad to see you didn't lose your sense of humour on the drive home." I rolled my eyes at him before shoving my hands into the pocket of his hoodie, trying to warm them up. "I've made Mac and cheese for lunch, it should warm you up before we pick up little man."

"Sounds perfect to me, thanks bub."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV

"How long do you think your mum will be?" Cormac peered at me through the rear view mirror, his eyebrows raised.

"Ages! Actually ages!" I laughed at his outburst, shaking my head. Cormac and I are waiting in the car for Sophia as she does a food shop. She's been in there for about forty minutes now, making me regret waiting in the car for her, but Cormac said he was too tired for shopping

"Shall we play a game? Make the time go a little faster?" He nodded his head, the bored expression still on his face. "How about we play eyespy?"

"Ok, you go first." I turned in the seat slightly, looking out the windows to see what's in the Asda car park.

"I spy, with my big beady eye, something beginning with.... T."

"Oh that's so easy! Tree!" I faked a gasp, looking at him with wild eyes.

"Wha- how did you get that so fast?"

"I'm smart!" I can't help the smile forming on my face, a genuine happy smile.

"That you are mate, go on, your go." He took a look around, a thoughtful expression taking over him.

"Ok... I spy, with my little eye... Something begins with... Curly c."

"Car?"

"Yep!" We played a few more rounds, before deciding that Cormac will do the last one. His confidence shining as he speaks.

"I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with, D." I look around, noticing how dark the sky is getting.

"Hmmm... Something beginning with D you say?" He nodded in response, a smile present on his face.

"Dog?" With a short shake of his head, he told me no. "Dress?" Again, no.

I turn in my seat a little more, really taking a good look around now. I haven't a clue in the slightest.

"Do you need a clue?" Tapping my chin, pursing my lips a little.

"Go on lad, give us a clue."

"It's very close." What on earth is he seeing that I'm not? I thoroughly look around, very close to giving up.

"Alright, last guess... Is it drivers seat?" I shrug my shoulders as I say my guess.

"Wrong! You're so wrong! Ha." His little laugh, almost a giggle makes me laugh too, as I shake my head in confusion. "Can I tell you now?"

"Yes, go on mate."

"Dad " huh? Dad? I frantically start looking around, searching for the somewhat unfamiliar face that belongs to Cormac's biological father. However, this causes Cormac to laugh at me, leaving all the more confused.

When I finally look at him, I notice that he's pointing in my direction. I can only imagine the picture that is my face.

"Me? Are you calling me Dad, Cormac?" With a small nod, he confirms what I'm thinking. I feel a twinge of a tingle within my nose, as my eyes start to tear up, a lump forming in my through and my chest feeling a bit tight. "Really?"

"Can I... call you dad?" His voice is quiet, almost as if hes expecting me to say no. I nod my head, a few years escaping at the action, but a huge smile taking over my face. Cormac's slightly nervous reaction changes to a smile too once he sees how happy I am to accept the title of "Cormac's dad".

"You can call me what ever you want to mate, and if you want to call me dad, then I will wear that title with a whole lot of pride."

I let my tears fall freely in this moment, looking at Cormac, who's chin is starting to tremble.

"Come here, climb over into the front mate." He moves out of his seat, climbing over, reaching his hand out to me for help. Cormac sits down on my knee, resting his head on my shoulder. Taking a deep breath, I talk to him.

"I want you to know that I will forever be proud to call you my son, and I will do my absolute best to make you proud to call me your dad. I promise that I will always be here for you, just like my dad is for me. Anytime of day or night, if you need me, I'll be there. I will continue to provide you with all the love, safety and support you need. Okay?"

Cor lifts his head from my shoulder, pulling away from me slightly, only to wrap me into a hug. We sit like this for a few moments, just letting this moment be.

"Thank you for trusting me to be your dad Cormac, it means the world to me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count ~ 2253

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.1K 691 50
❝Harry makes me feel something others don't, or should I say, can't. I feel different. New, confident, free, hopeful, strong. Everything I want to be...
139K 2.2K 55
After getting her heart broken by the only person she had left, Remy Madison gets taken in by an old friend. She now has to live with YouTube's most...
159K 5K 50
Tami, 21 years old She has a secret but also a past that's been hidden She meets a member of the Sidemen but doesn't know who he is since she has nev...
223K 5.6K 40
Tami is the shy nerd in school who gets bullied She has that to deal with but also her abusive father at home She lost her mum at the age of 10 in...