HIDDEN

By Elvywrites

Transferring to a different school was the most difficult thing for Mia, or so she thought until a little cur... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Message from Elvywrites
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 21

7 2 0
By Elvywrites

"No. I've already decided", Mia said sternly, ".... I'm not joining you".....

Everyone was quiet as if they were trying to process what she had just said.

Dale was surprised. He knew that he told her not to join them but he didn't actually expect her to listen.

Roxanne then spoke up.
"Are you sure?.... You know you still have a lot of time to think about it."

"I already have", Mia said averting her eyes from their gaze, "B-but I'll still join you in sealing the gate, two years from now."

"You know, if you join us, we can teach you how to use the power that you obviously don't know how to control", Nathan pointed out blankly, "Don't you think going there powerless will put you in danger?"

Mia hesitated, "Umm- I– I'm not..."

"We can protect her", Dale suggested as he cut in, "We'll be more powerful than we've ever been so we can easily keep her safe. All she has to do is just transfer most of her power to seal the gate."

Nathan glared at Dale as if he was suspecting something. He then gave out a sigh. "Heh. I'm fine with it."

"What?!" Roxanne exclaimed in confusion, "This is really risky. Why are you guys so calm about it?"

"I've made my decision", Mia stepped in, "Honestly, for the past fifteen years of my life, I've lived a pretty normal life. If you're worried that a teras will come after me, I highly doubt it. I never knew about them or saw them until two days ago. I'll be fine."

Roxanne saw how the rest were okay with it and realised she was standing alone. She then took a deep breath.
"Ok", Roxanne replied softly, "But always know that you can come to us if you ever change your mind."

Mia gave a light smile, "Yeah, thanks."

~■~
"MUUM! I'm off!" Mia exclaimed as she approached the door of her house, all dressed up, ready to meet up with Chimamanda, as today was Saturday.

"Already?" Mrs. Sarah asked as she came out of the kitchen, "It's still 8:30, why are you in a rush?"

"Mum, I already told you that we wanted to go as early as possible so that we won't have to wait in line for a ride", Mia reminded.

"You can atleast stay with me a bit longer. Its been so long since we sat down and talked. I wonder what's been happening with you in school?" Mrs. Sarah whined.

Mia laughed nervously and changed the subject, "Mum, you still have to go to work around nine, so we don't really have time."

"(Sigh) Ok, when you get back then. We always have Sunday" her mum's tone swithched and became stern and serious, "Make sure you come back before I do. Before five, I mean. Ok?"

"Ok", Mia replied reassuringly and left the house.

~■~
She arrived at Chimamanda's house who was waiting outside. They spent a few minutes talking before they went to the park.

They passed the big entrance sign which wrote in a fun-sized text, 'GOHOME PARK'.

They were marvelled at the sight of so many varieties of rides both big and small with benches adorned everywhere incase one gets tired, and food shacks at each corner selling a different varieties of snacks. There was a restaurant nearby incase one wanted to eat proper food.

"Where have you been all my life", Chimamanda gazed in awe.

"Why are you still standing? Let's go", she said enthusiastic as she went in.

"Are you sure about this? Some of the rides look kind of intense", Mia voiced out a little worried.

"We'll be fine. This is going to be so much fun", Chimamanda reassured happily.

"Whatever you say", Mia responded as she followed behind.

~■~
2:15pm
"That last ride was soooooo exciting. Should we do it again or should we try something else. Where are we going to next?" Mia asked quite enthusiastic.

"The bathroom", Chimamanda replied as her slumped frame rested one arm on Mia's shoulder and the other on her mouth. She was feeling uneasy and nauseous.

"Hey, don't throw up on me!", Mia exclaimed as she shifted her body from Chimamanda.

"I won't, I promise, just please take me to the bathroom", Chimamanda pleaded.

"You know, its your fault for choosing all those fast rides", Mia mentioned as she led Chimamanda to the restroom.

"They looked really flashy. I didn't know it'll be that bad", Chimamanda responded as they arrived at the restroom, "
"I think it was a bad idea to eat before the ride."

She then went towards the door. "You don't want to use bathroom?" Chimamanda asked Mia as she was about to go in.

"Nah. I'll just wait for you outside".

Chimamanda hummed in response, then went inside.

Mia went to the nearest bench, sat down and used her phone as she waited.

After a while, she began to look around to see which ride they'll go on next.

"We've only been on two rides so far, why's Amanda already nauseous. I also ate something before I entered the ride", Mia thought, "Well I've never really been afraid of heights or had motion sickness before.... I guess I'll look for something slower."

She looked back to the ride they came from and was immediately surprised at what she saw.

"What are they doing here?!" she panicked as she saw The Three going towards the ride she came from.

"It's going to be so awkward if they see me", she said as she instinctively went towards the restroom.

"Haa. I feel a lot better", Chimamanda said refreshed as she began to come out from the restroom, "Let's go to another...."

"ACTUALLY— O-on second thought... I want to use the toilet", Mia said as she pushed Chimamanda inside.

"You don't need me here!" Chimamanda reacted as she tried to remove Mia's hands.

"J-just wait for me inside here, pleeaase" Mia begged.

"Fine, whatever. Just hurry up."

Meanwhile, Dale heard a familiar voice, looked and saw Mia as she pushed Chimamanda inside the restroom.

"What are you looking at, Dale?" Roxanne asked completely unaware as they had already entered the restroom when she turned.

"...."
"Nothing", Dale replied.

~■~
Throughout the rest of the day, Mia tried her best to avoid The Three at all cost. Only going on rides that were far away from where they were, dragging Chimamanda along with her.

Chimamanda knew that something was up but never got the chance to ask. Anytime she'd want to ask, Mia would fill her face with food or take her to another ride. They did this for a while.

~■~
"That was fun", Mia said as they sat on a bench.

"Easy for you to say. You weren't  the one being dragged all day. I almost threw up... twice", Chimamanda complained, "What was up with you today?"

Mia sighed then replied,  "Nothing really. I... I was just trying to avoid someone."

"Well looks like you did a really good job in avoiding them", Chimamanda said as she rested on the bench.

"(Phew) Thank God she didn't ask who", Mia thought. She then brought out her phone looked at the time.

"4:30!" she exclaimed as she stood up, "I've got to get going."

"Already", Chimamanda complained without moving from her position.

"My mum told me to come back before 5. If I catch the bus now. I'll be there in 20 minutes. So I need to get going. The bus leaves in 5 minutes."

Chimamanda bent her head then sighed. "Ok, ok. I get it. Atleast let me walk you to the bu–", she raised her head to see that Mia was no longer there.

"This girl", she said as she stood up and left hoping to catch up with her.

She had already left the park. She saw a similar frame pass behind her. "Mia, why did you just lea–", she turned to see no one there.

She then saw a frame that looked like Mia a close distance away, entering into a dark alley.

"Hey! I thought you said you were going to the bus!", Chimamanda exclaimed grudgingly as she went towards there until she stopped a safe distance from the alley.

She then saw Mia's frame enter deeper.

Chimamanda looked at the alley confused.
"Nah bruh. I'm not going in there. Maybe I got the wrong person", she said as she turned to leave.

Immediately, something grabbed her and pulled her into the alley.

"AAAHH—"
There was silence.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25 2 16
Mia Tao's life in small-town South Carolina is ordinary. She dreams of studying fashion design in New York, and, occasionally, of kissing her best fr...
14K 635 39
This is basically a book where I put all my funny scenarios of mythology. By that I mean like oneshots except with a new spin :D Some are actual myth...
74.8K 10.6K 70
By accident rather than design, Trueth - one of the last European witches - finds herself in an ancient Egyptian civilisation. It isn't quite what sh...
12.6K 258 43
[18+ MATURE CONTENT] This story focuses on a nymph in Ancient Greece, when Greek gods and goddesses, and other mythological creatures, walked the Ear...