broken promises- druig x read...

By simpforharrington

ETERNALS- what happens when two eternals with completely different personalities grow fond of each other. and... More

intro
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 20
chapter 21 | post credit scene
ONESHOT: stuck with ikaris
ONESHOT: thena its me
ONESHOT: spooky

chapter 19

1K 39 5
By simpforharrington

──────────────────
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
──────────────────

PRESENT DAY
THE EMERGENCE

sersi was up on the cliff, avoiding the hot rocks as they fell from the sky.

she ran and jumped over the cracks of exposed lava.

"sersi!" the familiar voice called for her. sersi looked up to see ajak standing on a rock. "you're not powerful enough to do this. and you won't. you're not a killer" ajak spoke sternly.

"maybe i've changed" sersi shrugged. "and is this really who you are, sprite? are you really willing to let everyone on this planet die?" sersi smirked. but her smirk was wiped off her face when a blade protruded into her back. out through her stomach.

ajak disappeared as sprite appeared behind sersi. holding the blade.

"im sorry, sersi" sprite said as she let go of the blade. sersis breath shook and she dropped to her knees. "i've always envied you sersi. you, and y/n. cause you guys get to live as one of them. and i never could. you know why i hated living with humans? because they reminded me of things i didn't even know i wanted. because of them, now i wanna know what it feels like to grow up. to fall in love. to have a family. and to know, in the end, i've lived" sprite said. she crossed her arms out and created an illusion of many more volcanos behind her.

sersi backed up. i'm shock. "it's all over now. we get to start somewhere new" sprite said as a tear fell down her cheek. but suddenly, something hit her on the back of the head, knocking her out cold.

druig straightened up and looked to sersi. "well that was, very moving" he sarcastically nodded as he threw the rock behind him.

"druig" sersi said. druig extended an arm out for her to take. he helped her up.

"where's y/n?" he asked. there was a roaring noise heard in the sky.

"avenging you. she thinks you're dead" sersi pointed to the sky. druig looked up and saw ikaris flying away as y/n chased him. druig smirked proudly. but quickly remembered the current events and looked back to sersi.

"i cant do this. i promised her, and i can't break another promise. cause, i'm afraid this time i'll lose her for good. this is your fight now, sersi" druig said. she nodded as she turned the blade impaled in her, into water.

"just, don't distract her. stay out of her way. stay here" sersi said as her and druig looked back up to see y/n and ikaris fighting in the sky.

"i couldn't possibly dream of stopping her from killing him" druig smiled at the sight of y/n throwing flames at ikaris and throwing him around im the air.

below you. you were unaware of the ground shaking.
you had a grip on ikaris' face and elbow as you dragged him through the sky.

but you caught a glimpse of a golden lump emerging from the ocean. you and ikaris paused to look at it.

"no" you whispered. he smiled.

"i win" he menacingly rubbed it in.

"sersis not done yet. i wouldn't be so confident" you said as you slammed into him and flew around.

the both of you now tangled in each other's arms as you both fought for the upper hand. hitting and punching each other.

druig watched pretty much the whole thing.

you were oblivious to the hand and head emerging from the ocean.
or the fact it was being taken over by a white material.

as ikaris spotted sersi, he grabbed your throat and threw you towards the beach with all his force. using his cosmic lasers to push you down.
druig watched in horror as you disappeared out of sight down the cliff.

you sat up with a groan as makkari and phastos rushed over to you and helped you stand up. and just as you did. you, along with makkari and phastos, started floating as you reconnected to the uni-mind.

she was doing it.
sersi was killing tiamut.

tiamut screamed as the white stone overtook him.
and then suddenly. the world went quiet.

you dropped to the ground with a thud.

it was over.
the emergence was stopped.
tiamut was dead.
you all did it.

it was over.
earth was saved.

you looked over and saw sersi approaching the group.
and although this was suppose to be a moment of happiness. you weren't.

you were numb.
heartbroken.
he was gone.
druig was dead.

the others hugged each other, but you stayed behind.
a tear slipping down your face. then another. then another.

memories flashed through your mind.

he was gone.
you'll never see him again.

that was when you felt a hand tap your shoulder. you turned around and looked up.

and there he was.
druig was stood in front of you. looking down at you.

now, you couldn't help it. you let out a sob as you pulled him into a hug.
your arms wrapped around his torso and his arms wrapped around the back of your neck. resting his chin on your head.
you involuntarily let out a whimper of exhaustion and relief. which absolutely melted druigs heart and only made him want to hug you even longer.

he squeezed you so tightly and he let out a sob.
he was also crying.

you pulled away and brought his face down to kiss you.
the kiss was usually lustful and rough. but now, it was desperate, longing, pleading.

his lips moved against yours as he cupped your face.
however the kiss didn't last long.

he rested his forehead against yours.

"im okay. i'm okay" he whispered as you closed your eyes, forcing the tear that was edging your eyes to fall.

"is he gone?" a sad voice was heard from
behind you. you and druig pulled away to see sprite looking lost. her eyes spilling with tears.

"yes" sersi confirmed. your eyes widened.

ikaris was dead.

"i win" you mumbled. druig looked down at you with a raised eyebrow.

"hm?" druig questioned. you looked up at him work realisation on your face that your inside thought became an outside thought.
quite insensitive considering sersi just lost her husband. whoops.

"nothing" you quickly defended with a sheepish smile. he narrowed his eyes at you suspiciously.

"his last words were to you, actually" sersi looked to you. this piqued your interest, you stood up straight.

"what'd he say?" you asked curiously.

"he told me to tell you that he's sorry" she said. you cocked an eyebrow.

"he literally threw me to the ground from one-thousand feet in the air two minutes prior?" you said. sersi shrugged. druig shifted uncomfortably.

you heard a sniffle and looked over to sprite.

"im sorry. im really, really sorry" sprite looked around to everyone. but her eyes fell on you. "and i'm so sorry. i told him to kill druig so you'd be distracted trying to avenge him. that whole time ikaris wasn't trying to stop sersi, he was only trying to distract you. and it's my fault" she sobbed. your grip around druigs bicep tightened as sprite stepped towards you with her arms out. but you shuffled back a little.

"don't touch me" you looked down at her. her eyes grew wide and she let out another sob. druig pulled you into his side protectively.

"im sorry" sprite said beggingly.

"yeah i heard you the first time" you quickly replied as you avoided eye contact with her.

you couldn't possibly stand to look at her. druig looked down at you as you disengaged in conversation.
your chin resting on his shoulder.
he kissed your forehead and interlocked his hand with yours.

"im okay now. darling. no one can hurt me" he reassured. you nodded.

you felt sick to the stomach at the thought of losing druig again.
and he felt so regretful that he left you all those years ago. he felt as though he wasted so many potential memories.

he knew for sure that he was never leaving you again. ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 1.4K 27
An MCU Eternals and Druig x fem!oc book, meaning I make a character, you play them, your love interest is Druig and this story takes place in the mov...
126K 3.3K 28
Time heals all wounds or so they say. Druig felt at peace with his choice, eventually. The anger turned numb and he created a safe space for those th...
49.6K 847 21
In the beginning... with the chaos of the Deviants Cora never failed to protect the humans from the pain, the fear, nor the dangers. A telepathic e...
50K 1.6K 14
A love like theirs was something ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด "๐——๐—ถ๐—ฑ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ฒ?" โค– After being separated for many centuries, two eternals reunite and...