⋆𝐃𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠⋆ - 𝐓.𝐌.𝐑

By Demoness555

❝ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐓𝐨𝐦 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 isn't the only Londoner in Hogwarts, dreading summers under the German... More

۞𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞۞
۞𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐭.𝟏۞
𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟗, 𝟏𝟗𝟑𝟏
𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫
𝟎𝟎𝟏 - 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐳𝐤𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐠 𝐁𝐨𝐩
𝟎𝟎𝟐 - 𝐌𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟎𝟑 - 𝐀𝐧 𝐎𝐝𝐞
𝟎𝟎𝟒 - 𝐓𝐨𝐢𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞
𝟎𝟎𝟓 - 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐠 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬
𝟎𝟎𝟔 - 𝐀 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐤
𝟎𝟎𝟕 - 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 | 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝟎𝟎𝟖 - 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝟎𝟎𝟗 - 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐎𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐎𝐧
𝟎𝟏𝟎 - 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝟎𝟏𝟏 - 𝐍𝐨 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝟎𝟏𝟑 - 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐍𝐨 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟏𝟒 - 𝐄𝐧𝐯𝐲 | 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞
۞𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐭.𝟐۞
𝟎𝟏𝟓 - 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧
𝟎𝟏𝟔 - 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐢𝐥
𝟎𝟏𝟕 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐞𝐢𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐬
𝟎𝟏𝟖 - 𝐆𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟏𝟗 - 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐢
𝟎𝟐𝟎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐄𝐫𝐚
𝟎𝟐𝟏 - 𝐖𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡 | 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟎𝟐𝟐 - 𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟐𝟑 - 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐘𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐞!
۞𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐩𝐭.𝟏۞
𝟎𝟐𝟒 - 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐔𝐩 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝
𝟎𝟐𝟓 - 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐞
𝟎𝟐𝟔 - 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐖𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐀 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞
𝟎𝟐𝟕 - 𝐏𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟐𝟖 - 𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐡 | 𝐃𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟎𝟐𝟗 - 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲
𝟎𝟑𝟎 - 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝟎𝟑𝟏 - 𝐍𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟑𝟐 - 𝐏𝐚𝐰𝐧, 𝐁𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩, 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟎𝟑𝟑 - 𝐎𝐧 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞
𝟎𝟑𝟒 - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐧 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝟎𝟑𝟓 - 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝 | 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝟎𝟑𝟔 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭
𝟎𝟑𝟕 - 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫
𝟎𝟑𝟖 - 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟎𝟑𝟗 - 𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐎𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝟎𝟒𝟎 - 𝐏𝐚𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬
𝟎𝟒𝟏 - 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐚𝐬 𝐈𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐭

𝟎𝟏𝟐 - 𝐍𝐨 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐬

436 26 2
By Demoness555

𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟳, 𝟭𝟵𝟰𝟰

Professor Merrythought's poison for the day was dueling - not against herself, thankfully - but rigid, classic duels between randomly decided pairs, because "the battlefield is full of surprises, my darlings!"

Mulciber seemed to be in for a particularly nasty one.

The fates had apparently heard out her plea for a plaything to rip into, a request spoken through the bleeding tongue that she had gotten so tired of biting over the last few days, and allowed the madwoman to pair Elizabeth up with her previous victim.

He strutted unto the wide platform relegated to them - one of several conjured into the gymnasium, because Merrythought liked efficiency - with all the arrogance expected of someone who thought they were getting their well-earned vendetta against an inferior opponent who only bested them by chance.

They bowed to each other stiffly, she obviously going lower than him because rules were rules, no matter the idiot in front of you - the miniscule tilt of the head she received in return only served to discredit him, rather than her.

She loved it when they doomed themselves.

Despite the twenty steps expected of them before wands were drawn, his was out and aimed at her back on the eighteenth - the bitch. She felt it, of course; over the magical charges emanating from the other duels, over the beginnings of scandalized murmurs, she noticed the air currents reforming around her to account for Mulciber's early release.

So, she turned around too - fair's fair, isn't it? - twirling as she subconsciously went on her tippytoes to add momentum, as though she was dancing. Her ire flared and tainted her choice of retaliatory spell, zipping down her veins and through her roughly hewn wand.

Ollivander skimmed in details on the monstrosity he handed her, but the books didn't - banshee hair cores were lethal in duels.

Mulciber left the gymnasium under a stasis spell, so as to prevent the shards of his pulverized ribs from perforating his lungs, his dazed expression frozen onto his face.

Something within her hoped it would get stuck like that.

It was only a 5 second duel, by the end of which she had earned herself 10 points to Ravenclaw for justified arsekicking - as Merrythought had so giddily put it, the woman had clapped her hands like a child before sending a hyena Patronus to Madame Goodacre for evac.

It was the highlight of the period, which didn't bode well for her plan to remain unnoticed until she decided on how to approach Riddle.

So, she changed the plan.

Instead of some conniving scheme that felt far too green tied for her taste, she decided on her own brand of simplicity.

Which explained why she was now on her way to the same seventh-floor corridor that she had opted to avoid for the last three days, dearly cherished burlap sack in hand.

Her oxfords played a melody of evenly paced clicks against the tiled floor. Braids lapping at the air behind her as she forced herself to walk with the conviction she lacked - this was fine, she wasn't doing anything illegal, for once. They couldn't do shite to her for just walking.

Right?

She made the turn and Riddle's choice of guards for the hour came in to view - Bulstrode and Dolohov, the poor sods - the two were arguing over a previous quidditch match in the African League between the Tchamba Charmers and Sumbawanga Sunrays, the heated debate centering on whether the Sunrays' win due to their keeper catching the snitch should've been counted or not.

She didn't lend much thought to quidditch, only knowing the context of their argument due to her inane habit of reading any newspaper front to back - she did however think that the win being counted was right, if only for the discord it sowed in the community.

Chaos unraveling was as good an entertainment as any.

Their head snapped towards her at the same time, eyes widening as they took in what they surely considered to be a suicide mission on her part - did they feel bad for her? How sweet. Bulstrode kept staring at her dumbly while Dolohov - the smarter of the two, clearly - eyed her burlap sack with thinly veiled suspicion.

She came to a halt in front of them, nodding her head respectfully, before she started marching up and down the corridor unabashedly.

Give me a place to practice ballet.

They sprang apart at the sound of the stones shifting behind them as the door appeared, both looking at her as though they wondering if they should have her involuntarily committed into the Janus Thickney ward at St. Mungo's.

Perhaps they should.

They didn't stop Elizabeth, however, as she marched through the gap they left in between them and opened the heavy door, ignoring how they both childishly tried to take a peek inside.

Her hand was on the handle as she turned her head to face Dolohov, tilting her chin up at the mongrel - "call him", slightly squeaky - but at least her voice didn't break.

With that she closed the door in their bewildered faces.

There was no need to specify who's him.

When Riddle came in, she was sitting on the floor with the journal documenting the upkeep of her previous pointe shoes floating in front of her. She was just finishing up with copying down a diagram of the shoe's parts into a new journal when the old one slammed shut in her face and dropped to ground with a thud.

Someone's angry.

She flinched at the sudden noise before tsking, and turned her head to level him with an annoyed expression - she watched him take in the room around them; the standard studio conjured for her practices, a muted color pallet of greys and plenty of mirrors that granted their confrontation a more ominous feel.

"Are you going to continue sitting on the floor like a savage?", his voice was haughty - and infuriatingly smooth.

"You've sat on the floor with me, before."

His face turned livid - such a stark difference to his usual façade that she nearly got whiplash - and his magic started emanating from him again, bloody and beautiful and choking. There was no Merrythought here to keep his radius in check, and the saccharine tendrils filled up the room rapidly, swirling around her as they inched closer.

It seemed he didn't appreciate the reminder.

When his magic got too close for comfort and she could feel it warming her up again - it was so enticingly cozy, and her bones were so cold, wouldn't it be so nice to just give in - she batted away at it with her hand. The motion made the tendrils retract for a second - like scolded puppies - before they were retracted entirely and she could breathe again.

Riddle was looking at her as though she was a new star he had discovered, eyes shining greedily with notions of glory and renown and power.

Did he get off on being thwarted? Interesting.

She watched him stalk over to her until he was in her space, she looked up at him only to notice him scrutinizing the yet closed burlap sack resting in her lap.

"Interested?" - good, make it seem like you don't care he's staring there.

He made a humming sound at the back of his throat that had her occluding until her world narrowed down to a pinprick - she took a deep breath before her fingers reached to slowly unravel the sack and pull out the lilac satin box inside, opening that too, she then pulled out her shoes.

It might have appeared to be an error on her part, to divulge such a secret to someone who ran in circles where muggles - and thus, the muggle arts - weren't particularly appreciated. Sure, there was Wixen ballet, but that mattered little when her shoes clearly weren't magically crafted.

But Elizabeth had a plan here. Riddle was the quintessential Slytherin; who bartered in secrets and blackmail, to offer him a secret on a silver platter was her key to a peace treaty.

And if she ever planned to gamble on her chances, his shrewd smirk meant she hit jackpot.

"That explains quite a bit Warren," his smirk widened at her apparent confusion and he continued - "so, you come here to dance? Is that all?"

She hummed in confirmation before biting her chapped lip, "my ballet practice is done here, yes". If he took the bait, she might even have him in her debt for future favors - pretty boy had power.

"I see, I suppose we could create a schedule to prevent future misunderstandings, if you find that agreeable Warren?", he looked predatory, daring her to decline. He also skipped over her bait and didn't return the courtesy of stating his own business with the room - bitch.

The conversation was not going in her favor and she needed to disorient him, so she pulled out shrunken kit from her robes pocket and enlarged it - it contained all the trinkets she needed to break in her shoes. Elizabeth hummed in confirmation again, so as to not seem like she was ignoring him.

"What are you doing?", and he's annoyed again.

"Well," - she threaded a needle with pink twine - "your little foot soldiers prevented me from breaking in my shoes" - the sound of her scissors snipping away at the ribbons of one shoe - the standard placement didn't provide enough ankle support for her taste - was deafening as it rang around the studio - "so I'm doing it now."

"They are not my foot soldiers."

Touchy.

She finished sewing one ribbon before deigning to answer him, "sure, they aren't" - another snip echoed as she moved on to the other ribbon - "they simply do your bidding because they love you."

He spluttered indignantly and she felt the room clouding with his angsty magic again, "they do it", he seethed, "because they respect me, Warren." His tone turned arrogant and self-assured, "you'll do well with learning to emulate them."

She checked the security of her stitching by tugging on the ribbons, allowing herself a second to be satisfied with her work before she looked up at him and raised a brow. His magic thickened around her like a visible cloud of miasma, before receding again in the face of her indifference.

Sure, she was occluding so hard she couldn't feel her skin on her bones but as long as she didn't embarrass herself, that was fine.

"Oh, I'm good" - she pulled out a roll of elastic, wrapping it around her ankle before adding an inch for seam allowance and then doubling it - "about that schedule, when would you like it?" - another snip echoed as she cut the elastic strips.

Circe forbid that she let him have control of the schedule, she wasn't stupid enough to trust him not to fuck her over.

Riddle chuckled at her impudence; a deep, dark and menacing sound that had her cheeks heating up. "Your generosity is noted, but unnecessary" - her scissor blades made a particularly harsh sound that cut him off and he cleared his throat in blatant vexation - "I'm certain I can come up with an agreement that will serve us both well."

"Oh?"

A/n. Writing dialogue scares the shit out of me, but research on pointe shoes is fun so there's that. The African quidditch groups are legit btw and I'm banking on the assumption that Africa wasn't terribly affected by Grindelwald for why there are still games there. Credits for the title once again go to Leigh Bardugo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497K 14.2K 54
―𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦 (𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯) 𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤 �...
149K 5.1K 22
𝐕𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐲 / (νιяι∂ιту) (n.) ᴛʜᴇ ǫᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴏʀ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ; ɢʀᴇᴇɴᴇsᴛ; ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴄᴇ, ʏᴏᴜᴛʜ ᴏʀ ғʀᴇsʜɴᴇss. 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ⤵ Antheia Iliana Po...
207K 4.7K 28
⤷ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝘢 24 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘶𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘻𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘢...
38.5K 914 27
. . . Apart from the constant death threats and curses, Tom Marvolo Ri...