𝟎𝟑𝟑 - 𝐎𝐧 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

𝗙𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝟰, 𝟭𝟵𝟰𝟱

"-and this is for you, and this is for you..."

Walburga finally retrieves a crystalline box from her magically extended luxury leather handbag. The faceted box holds a bottle of sloshing golden liquor, sealed in ruby red wax – no labels.

Fae wine.

"-and this, as promised, is for you Ghostie."

She takes hold of the box gently, tilting it back and forth so it'd catch the light of the chandelier overhead – no tanins or cork debris float up to the surface, as Fae wine is known for uncomprising sumptuous quality.

"But when I asked you for faerie wine, you said you wouldn't have access to their cellars!" Abraxas whines, huffing petulantly as Tibs pats him on the shoulder in comfort.

Ah, fuck.

Is this going to become an entire discussion?

"Well, while I was on an important diplomatic mission – you were off watching dragons fuck. Obviously you don't deserve the wine," Wally retorts haughtily.

"Excuse you! Don't you dare compare a centuries old mating cycle to just plain old fucking – and what did Lizzie do that entitled her to the wine? She stayed right here!"

Confusion might be setting in, so she'll explain. Fae wine or Faerie wine or Fairy wine – truly, with the Fair Folk, any word that started with the letter F and proceded to vomit up various vowels, worked – was considered an utmost delicacy in the Wizarding World, like a properly aged bottle of high-shelf Cognac in the muggle world. 

"Ghostie doesn't need to do anything, her existing is enough." Wally throws her a sly grin as she speaks, grey eyes glinting with humor.

It got you drunk quickly and efficiently, without the heinous side-affects of intoxication – what person could withstand the allure of hours of ambrosial euphoria and hedonism, with none of the consequences?

"Oh, I missed you too beloved," she lilts, setting the box at her feet and leaning forward to take hold of Walburga's hand in a mockery of romantic gesture; until she is pulled back by Thomas' hand at her waist.

Possessive much?

"This is ridiculous, I was nearly burnt alive – I deserve the wine!" the Malfoy heir didn't seem to be letting up.

Considering the Fae enclaves had isolated themselves from the world since before medieval times – with the disappearance of their favored witch, Morgana La Fay – and had only seldom made contact with Wix kind in the centuries that passed, Fae wine was in very, very poor circulation.

"If I recall correctly," Orion came to his cousin's defense, pulling a stack of sooty letters from his robe and waving them in the air – the boy came prepared with receipts! – "You wrote to me that it happened because you got too close to the breeding grounds."

"Wanted to see dragon minge up close and personal, did you 'Braxas?" Reinhard chimed in. "Have you sent out word to Ramona, hm? You'd best let her know the courtship is off the table because you've finally found your soulmate in an overgrown winged serpent in heat", He snarked.

"I'll sue you so hard that even your great-grandchildren will live in squalor, Lestrange, try me." Abraxas' face reddened drastically, which in combination with his platinum blond locks – made him look like a moldy raspberry. "And for your information, Mona would've done the same thing."