The Neighbour

By Rebecca-Jade

When Ana confronts her new neighbour after being kept up all night by his sex noises, she's mortified to disc... More

✨Introduction✨
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
EPILOGUE
ONE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWO: FREDDIE'S POV
THREE: FREDDIE'S POV
FOUR: FREDDIE'S POV
FIVE: FREDDIE'S POV
SIX: FREDDIE'S POV
SEVEN: FREDDIE'S POV
EIGHT: FREDDIE'S POV
NINE: FREDDIE'S POV
TEN: FREDDIE'S POV
ELEVEN: FREDDIE'S POV
TWELVE: FREDDIE'S POV
THIRTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
FOURTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
FIFTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
SIXTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
SEVENTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
EIGHTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
NINETEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY ONE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-TWO: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-THREE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-FOUR: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-FIVE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-SIX: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-SEVEN: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-EIGHT: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-NINE: FREDDIE'S POV
THIRTY: FREDDIE'S POV
THIRTY-ONE: FREDDIE'S POV
Deleted Scene #1: Charlotte Gets a Cold
Deleted Scene #2: Pregnancy Tests & Takout Food

EIGHTEEN

35.2K 1.1K 467
By Rebecca-Jade

🌷Ana🌷

Nan and Helen meet us out and—living up to expectations—provide us all with hilarious entertainment. At one point, Helen has every one of us on the dance floor, insisting we all—and I quote—move our arses! I somehow end up being dance partners with one of Sloan's friends from University—Jeremy. He's halfway through pulling me onto a table when a song I recognise, and love comes on.

"Oh my God!" he yells, pulling on my arm. "QUICK! I love this song."

"Jeremy, babe!" I plead, finally clambering onto the table. "You can't manhandle me like that. A boob might fall out."

"Well, you know what they say... it's not a night out without at least one nip slip."

I instinctively hold onto my chest. "My nips will not be slipping tonight, thank you very much."

He bursts out laughing and throws his hands in the air to the beat of the music. I follow suit and before long, the pair of us are five songs in and just about dying from thirst.

"I need a drink," I tell him, attempting grace as I remove myself from the table.

Thankfully, I manage the manoeuvre with ease. Nic is dancing with Nan in the centre of the room and Lara is at the bar, chatting to some guy. I try locating Freddie, but can't spot him amongst the many bodies.

"Looking for someone?"

My body instantly reacts to the sound of his voice.

"Yes! My extremely handsome neighbour. Have you seen him?"

I twist in my stance and am greeted by his grinning face.

"There you are," I say, kissing his nose.

He returns the gesture. "Having fun?"

I nod, looking towards Jeremy who—in my need to hydrate—has replaced me with another dancing companion.

"You?"

He nods, sipping from his bottle of beer. "Yeah, I've not danced with you yet, though."

I love that he even wants to.

"Let me grab a drink and then I'll dance with you," I suggest, pulling him towards the bar.

He orders me a glass of wine and—before I can even so much as reach for my purse—pays for it.

"Cheers," he offers, clinking my glass with his.

He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me towards him, lightly kissing my forehead as I drink.

"Is Sloan having fun?" I ask, having not seen much of her.

Freddie smiles. "Yeah. I think she's tired though."

I search for her and find her sat at a table talking to her mum and Helen.

"I think Jamie will take her home soon."

"Where is he?" I ask.

Freddie gestures towards the other end of the bar. "Socialising."

I don't know how he's managed it, but the man has somehow snuck a book into his own stag party.

"That's hilarious."

"That's Jamie," corrects Freddie, smirking. "Are you ready to dance yet? I can't wait to get my hands on you."

I abandon my drink, very much liking the sound of that.

"I'm all yours," I tell him, offering out my hand.

He pulls me onto the dance floor, and I swear the DJ deliberately switches the track to a much sexier one. Freddie's hands are immediately all over my body, exploring my shape in a way I've never experienced before. His gaze is heated as we move our bodies together and it reminds me of our first date. Salsa dancing is quite similar to club dancing in the sense that two people are grinding against one another. Though, with the lights much dimmer in this place, you're free to get away with just about anything.

"I'm going to bend you over my kitchen counter tonight," he promises, speaking directly into my ear.

I shiver the second his words register.

"I'm going to fuck you so hard; you won't know what's hit you."

I instinctively bring my body closer to his, needing more of his filthy words in my ear.

"You're going to come for me, then you're going to get on your hands and knees and suck my cock."

I'm practically panting.

"Does that sound good?" he asks.

I nod.

"How good?"

I slyly position my hand between our two bodies and squeeze his cock through his jeans. "Very good."

He smiles through gritted teeth and continues to rock his hips back and forth, enjoying the fiction there. We're surrounded by people so I'm confident no one can see what we're doing. Not that what we're doing is any different to what others are doing. This place is a breeding ground for one-night stands and casual hook-ups. I'm not sure Freddie and I fit into either of those categories now, but I do know this... I want this man with every fibre of my being. And I want him now.

"Meet me at the bathroom in two minutes."

His eyes widen at the same time a sinister smirk appears on his lips.

"Public indecency. We could get arrested for that," he insists.

I press my breasts into his chest and shove my words down his ear. "Aren't I worth the risk?"

He nods. "Oh, absolutely!"

I exit his comforting hold and walk away, making sure to add a slight bounce to my step. I have it on good authority that my arse looks good in this dress, and I want Freddie to experience that for himself.  

"Where are you going?" asks Nan, catching me on my way out.

"Toilet!" I shout, kissing her on the cheek.

She nods, happy she now knows about my whereabouts. 'Okay!"

I continue towards the back of the club, hoping the area isn't too busy. This place has individual toilets and they're actually rather luxurious, which makes what Freddie and I are about to do a little less scandalous.

"Ana?"

I turn around and almost lose my footing at the speed in which I do so.

Oh, shit!

"Josh..."

What are the fucking chances?

"You look... great," he insists, eyes exploring my body.

I squirm in my skin.

"Thanks."

I don't return the gesture.

"Do you want a drink?" he asks, gesturing towards the bar.

"No, thank you."

I try to walk away but he reaches for my arm and I immediately clench.

"Let go!" I warn.

He loosens his grip, but keeps his hand wrapped around my elbow. "Can we talk? Go somewhere quiet?"

"No, we can't," I say, attempting to free my arm.

He doesn't like that answer.

"Why are you being a bitch?"

"Because I want to be," I retort. "And I can do what I want now without you hanging over my every move."

He clenches his jaw and squeezes my arm, that familiar look present in his eyes. I've seen it countless times. He wants to hurt me. It's like he can't control his anger. I've said something that hurts him, and he'll respond in the only way he knows how. Violence.

"Take your hands off her now."

Freddie's demand is as calm as it is terrifying. Neither Josh nor I expect it and for a brief second, I'm sure he'll relent. Hell, Freddie's firm gaze and powerful stance is enough to have me frightened and he's not even aiming it at me.

"Fuck off, pig!"

My insides twist as fear descends over me in waves. I don't want to cause a scene at James and Sloan's party. I don't want Nan and Helen to have to see Josh again.

"Josh, please," I plead.

I fucking hate that he's making me beg.

"Now, Josh," repeats Freddie.

He doesn't listen. In fact, the smirk on his face would suggest he's enjoying yielding all the power. Freddie—seeing this—is forced to physically infiltrate. He positions himself in front of me, acting like a human shield and places one hand on Josh's arm and the other on his chest. He applies enough pressure to have Josh lose his grip without causing either of us any injury. I immediately take a step back, ignoring the pain in my arm. I don't want to give Josh the satisfaction of hurting me.

"You need to keep your nose out of our business," snarls Josh, entering Freddie's personal space.

"Ana is my business," he replies.

Josh side-eyes me, furious. "You're fucking him?"

I say nothing.

"It didn't take you long." He tuts. "God, you're such a slut."

Freddie clenches his jaw but manages to keep his cool. I, on the other hand, do not. I know he's only saying this to get a reaction out of me. And I know I shouldn't entertain his childish behaviour. But I also know if I don't say what's on my mind, I'll regret it for the rest of my life.

"Oh, I waited, Josh. I waited six years," I explain, stepping closer. "Six years for you to get your shit together."

He says nothing which means I've finally got his attention.

"There's isn't an area on my skin that you haven't bruised, bitten or burned."

Freddie subconsciously moves closer, no doubt needing to feel close to me as I detail the years of abuse I put up with for the first time out loud.

"So, go ahead and call me a slut. Judge me for moving on within a month of finally leaving your arse because I. Don't. Care. I don't care. I don't value your opinion. Your words don't touch me anymore. You don't matter to me anymore."

By the time I'm done, I'm practically in his face and I feel fucking fantastic. The weight that shifts in indescribable. Finally getting that off my chest is better than any therapy session. Josh looks full of rage, but I don't let it dampen my spirits. I won't let him take this moment away from me. For once—however—he doesn't direct his anger towards me. Instead, he turns to Freddie and decides to pick a fight with the man trained to handle these very situations.

Idiot!

"Does she scrunch her nose when she comes for you too?"

How pathetic he feels the need to stoop so low.

Freddie ignores him.

"COME ON!" he goads, shoving Freddie's shoulder. "I once made her scream by fucking her from behind."

I have no idea how he does it, but Freddie remains collected and simply takes hold of my hand in an attempt to walk away. Josh—however—has other ideas. He pushes Freddie from behind, causing him to leave go of my hand in order to address the situation.

"You need to stop now," he warns.

"Why? Are you going to hit me, pig?"

Freddie says nothing but clenches his fists.

"Go on, hit me!" he challenges. "FUCKING HIT ME!"

Freddie steps into his personal space, towering over him by at least a foot. "I'm not going to hit you, Josh."

"Why?" he asks, squaring up to him.

"Why?" repeats Freddie, looking at him like he's the dumbest man alive. "Why won't I hit you?" He looks at me, briefly softening his gaze for my benefit. "Because that woman there deserves nothing but the best from me. And thanks to you, she's seen enough violence to last her a lifetime."

Wow!

"Goodbye, Josh," he states, power striding towards me and leading me back towards where the others have all congregated around a table of cocktails.

I'm in shock as Nic puts a glass of strawberry daiquiri in my hands. Freddie's response was perfect. He was perfect. I've never thought about it properly, but I don't know how I would react to seeing Freddie violent. He's right. I've experienced enough of it to last me a lifetime. And as much as he wanted to punch Josh in the face, he didn't. Because of me. Because of what it would've done to me.

"Are you okay?" he whispers, snaking his arm around my waist.

I lean into the embrace, a little overwhelmed by my feelings for him.

"Ana?"

I nod.

"I'm so fucking proud of you," he states, aiming his declaration down my ear.

My eyes fill with moisture, and I can't contain the tears that spill over. "I'm proud of me too."

I look up at him and he quickly kisses away my tears, tucking me under his arm. I have no reason to feel unsafe when Freddie is holding me like this. I've no doubt Josh has left with his tail between his legs. I hope I never have to see him again. I hope he got the message.

"Freddie?"

"Hmm?"

He looks down at me with nothing but fondness in his eyes.

"Take me home."

At first, he's concerned so I elaborate, hoping he understands my intentions.

"Take me to your home."

✨✨✨✨

Hello, lovely! 💕

DRAMAAAAAAA!!!

I just LOVE how Freddie responds to this situation! Ana doesn't need another violent man in her life.

And I highly recommend you read this chapter in his POV... you'll thank me later! 😉

Nan and Helen were tame in this chapter. But just wait until they get to the wedding... OH HELL! 😈

Speak soon,

Rebecca xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 212 31
"If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer to her, encircling her in his arms, h...
49.8K 791 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
21.6K 1.5K 100
Four strangers from different walks of life meet on a cruise and spend an unforgettable week together. All of them on their own self-discovering jour...
635K 21.4K 53
"Do they not say that a good friendship builds on a ground of lies?" I joke, lightening the mood immediately as his green eyes glint in humor and a s...