The Neighbour

By Rebecca-Jade

When Ana confronts her new neighbour after being kept up all night by his sex noises, she's mortified to disc... More

✨Introduction✨
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
EPILOGUE
ONE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWO: FREDDIE'S POV
THREE: FREDDIE'S POV
FOUR: FREDDIE'S POV
FIVE: FREDDIE'S POV
SIX: FREDDIE'S POV
SEVEN: FREDDIE'S POV
EIGHT: FREDDIE'S POV
NINE: FREDDIE'S POV
TEN: FREDDIE'S POV
ELEVEN: FREDDIE'S POV
TWELVE: FREDDIE'S POV
THIRTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
FOURTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
FIFTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
SIXTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
SEVENTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
EIGHTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
NINETEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY ONE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-TWO: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-THREE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-FOUR: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-FIVE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-SIX: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-SEVEN: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-EIGHT: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-NINE: FREDDIE'S POV
THIRTY: FREDDIE'S POV
THIRTY-ONE: FREDDIE'S POV
Deleted Scene #1: Charlotte Gets a Cold
Deleted Scene #2: Pregnancy Tests & Takout Food

THIRTEEN

43.4K 1.2K 231
By Rebecca-Jade

🌷Anastasia🌷

I end up fucking loving it!

Freddie gave nothing away in the ride over here, but one look at this place and I'm in love. It's a huge building tucked away in one of Oxford's many side streets. The deco is gorgeous and the music, insane. Stepping through the doors feels like entering Spain itself. The smells, the sights. Everything. Wall murals of picturesque Spanish landscapes line the entire perimeter, accompanied by tiled floors. The space isn't too big, but it's big enough to create the perfect atmosphere. Some people are situated at their table, eating but majority are up on their feet, salsa dancing.

"This is amazing," I insist, being shown to our table.

Freddie's hand has somehow found its way to my lower back again.

"It's great, isn't?" he responds, smiling. "Nikki told me about it."

I love that he got recommended tonight's location from his little sister.

"Nice!"

Our table is tucked away in one of the far corners, giving us both ample view of the dancefloor, yet the opportunity to talk without having to shout over the music.

"I have no idea how to salsa dance, by the way," I warn.

He waits for the waiter to leave before scooting his chair next to mine.

"Me neither. We can be terrible at it together."

I love that we're both experiencing this first together. That it doesn't matter if we're completely terrible at it. As long as we're having fun and we are together, nothing else should matter.

"Can I get you guys any drinks?" asks our waiter, returning.

Freddie cuts his gaze across to me. "Wine?"

I nod.

"A bottle of red, please."

The man shoots off with our drinks order, leaving us with the food menu. Everything looks amazing and I'm struggling to choose what I want.

"I took Charlotte to the doctors today."

I immediately place my menu down, far more invested in Charlotte-talk.

"Oh, yeah? How did that go?"

"Great!" He beams "She had two injections."

I cringe. "How did that go down?"

"As expected. She cried. A lot."

"Aww, bless her."

"Jamie came with me," he shares.

I like that he didn't have to go alone. That his family are showing their support by attending small appointments like these.

"The doctor thinks she's roughly seven weeks old."

That adds up.

"I did the maths," he explains. "Seven weeks ago today was when I got your call."

I flip my hair to one side and offer him my gaze.

"Charlotte was possibly born the same day you came into my life again."

"Wow."

My smile says it all. I don't know why, but I like that his mind works in this way. It's like he's always trying to see the best in a bad situation and I appreciate that attribute.

"They've registered her birth on that day."

"So, Charlotte's birthday is the same day I left Josh?"

He nods.

"I like that," I tell him. "Two good things happened that day."

He relaxes a little, as though he was worried my reaction would be of the negative kind.

"Do you miss her?" I ask.

His shoulders sag. "Like crazy. It's taking every ounce of restraint not to Facetime Jamie and Sloan right now."

I laugh. "Why don't you text him and ask for a picture?"

"Won't that make me look desperate?"

"I don't care how it makes you look. I miss her and want a picture."

He throws his head back and laughs, simultaneously reaching for his phone. "Done!"

Our waiter comes back with our wine and some glasses, smiles on show. "Are you ready to order some food?"

I quickly pick up my menu, having not given it much attention.

"I can recommend the sharing platter. It's a popular choice. A variety of different dishes and you can have a little dance between each bite."

Freddie and I share a smile.

"We'll have the sharing platter then," I say.

Once again, we're left alone, and Freddie doesn't even try to hide the fact he's checking me out.

"What made you want to become a nurse?" he asks, unscrewing the wine and pouring us both a glass.

I bring the drink to my lips and take a sip before responding. "I guess I just wanted to help people."

It's a vague answer and the little voice in the back of my head yells at me for half arsing what is a genuinely nice question.

"Actually, that's bull shit," I insist.

He laughs. "Okay..."

"I know exactly what made me want to become a nurse."

He leans forward in his seat and rests his chin in his hand. Our knees touch beneath the table and we're so close, I can smell his aftershave.

"I was thirteen, my mum was dying and Jenny—her nurse—made everything... bearable."

Freddie's free hand instinctively reaches for my thigh, comforting me with a gentle caress.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," he shares. "I didn't know your mum passed away when you were so young."

"Breast cancer," I explain, placing my hand on his jawline. "She would've liked you."

"Yeah?"

He beams at the thought.

"She was exactly like nan, but crazier."

"Crazier than your nan? I don't believe it!"

I giggle, figuring he has a point.

"Do you keep in touch with Jenny?" he asks.

"Yeah, she still works at the hospital."

He smiles and I can tell he's genuinely happy that we're still in contact.

"She has grandkids now."

"That's nice," he shares, still drawing invisible circles on my thigh.

The area he's touching burns with intensity and in an attempt to distract my mind, I avert the attention onto him.

"What about you? Did your upbringing make you wanna be a cop?"

"Yup. Pretty much."

He takes a sip from his glass and smirks.

"I think we've done alright for ourselves, all things considered."

"I think we've done more than alright," he insists, bumping his arm with mine.

I would believe that had I not stayed in an abusive relationship for six years.

"Hey," soothes Freddie, likely guessing my every thought.

It's freaky how well he can read my mind sometimes.

"I mean that. I bet your mum would be so proud of you."

I gaze into his gorgeous green eyes, wanting so badly to believe him.

"One day, you'll see it," he assures. "For now, shall we make fools of ourselves trying to salsa dance?"

I jump at the opportunity. "Absolutely!"

I'm glad that despite getting to know each other on a deeper level, Freddie and I can still rely on our playful personalities to inspire a little fun. I'm happy he knows about mum. In a way, telling people about her keeps her memory alive. And I meant what I said. She would've loved him.

"I'm warning you now," he begins, pulling me out of my seat. "If my erection pokes you in the stomach, it's not my fault. You look far too good in that dress."

I laugh and decide to wind him up even further. "If you like me in it, wait until you see me out of it."

I have no idea what prompts me to say that. Never in my life have I said anything so intimate. So sexy.

"Careful now," he replies. "Keep talking like that and we won't make it through dinner."

I allow him the pleasure of leading me towards the dancefloor, the atmosphere now charged. Not only are we surrounded by strangers grinding on each other, Freddie is looking at me like he's moments away from ripping my clothes off. Like I suddenly became the meal he ordered two minutes ago.

"How do we do this?" I ask, looking towards a rather experienced pair a few feet away.

They look great together, dipping and swaying in all the right ways. I have no way of knowing if they're a couple or not but judging by the heat in his eyes and the longing in hers, I'd say they were.

"Let's just copy them," I suggest.

Freddie nods and positions his hand on my lower back. I gently place mine on his shoulder and accept his other one in a salsa-like stance. Once there, we both sway our hips a little, starting off slowly.

"This isn't so bad," he admits.

As he says this, he accidently stands on my toe, and I immediately burst out laughing. "You were saying?"

The current track stops playing, and a much sexier one kicks in. Freddie quirks his brow and pulls me closer so that our bodies are touching. I can immediately feel his warmth through his shirt and my dress, and I love how secure I feel in his hold. His strength never ceases to amaze me. Even now, with his arms wrapped tightly around my body, I can't believe how strong he is.

Our faces are inches apart and I'm focusing on his lips again. They're so plump and soft-looking. I want nothing more than to know what they feel like against my own, but I resist. I must.

It's the rules.

His knee finds its way between my legs, and I gasp at the motion. It feels wonderfully intimate, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the friction it's causing. I position my mouth next to his ear and moan, needing him to know just how much he's affecting me. His grip on me tightens and I swear that's his erection I can feel pressing into my lower stomach. Soft kisses are littered across my neck and jaw as his lips find my skin. I throw my head back, gifting him greater access. He works his way down, stopping only when he reaches my breasts. In my haste to have his lips on me, I've bent almost all the way back and I don't care that we're in public. Everyone is practically doing the same thing.

"Freddie—"

I can't help but moan his name as he buries his face in my cleavage. At the beginning of the night, I hated the way my boobs looked in this dress. Now, I'm beyond glad I wore it. Freddie soon helps me regain my usual standing position and I find myself standing nose-to-nose with him. His gaze is fire, and I can only imagine mine is matching his intensity. My body aches for him. Heart racing, blood pumping. I run my hands across his chest and do to him what he did to me earlier. I position my knee between his legs and deliberately move it back and forth. He instantly brings his forehead to meet mine and growls.

"I want you so bad, Anastasia."

I love it when he uses my full name in this context. It's shows just how truly aroused he is.

"How bad?" I ask, pressing my breasts into his chest.

"This bad," he replies, shoving his erection into my core.

Every ounce of air rushes from my body as his cock teases my libido.

I wish we weren't in a room full of people. I wish my body didn't ache for him so bad. I wish—

"Food's here," he announces, gesturing behind my shoulder.

I keep my gaze locked firmly on his. "Okay."

Neither of us attempt to move.

I wish I'd met Freddie instead of Josh.

As that realisation slaps me across the face, the sexy song transitions into a much slower melody. Couples abandon their sexy dancing for slightly more reserved movements. Freddie instantly adjusts his stance and repositions his hand so that it's now in the middle of my back.

"Do you like dancing?" I ask him.

"I like dancing with you," he insists, blinding me with that signature smile of his.

I match his expression and nuzzle into his chest, enjoying the steady beat of his heart. We remain in this position for another two songs before the band announces a short intermission. Freddie and I take that as our cue to leave the dancefloor and eat some food.

"What's your favourite colour?" he asks.

I grab my glass of wine, needing it to cool off. "I'm not sure? I like yellow."

He laughs.

"What's yours?"

"Green, I guess."

"Green is your eye colour," I share.

"And Charlotte's."

That's true.

"And yours," he adds.

I smile at him, liking that the three of us have this thing in common. Something so insignificant shouldn't have this much effect on me but it does.

And I have no idea what that means?

✨✨✨✨

Hello, lovely!💕

Date night was such a VIBE!

I hope you're prepared for what is about to happen...

🔥🔥🔥

BRING HOLY WATER! 💦

And don't forget to read this chapter in Freddie's POV for some EXTRA spice!

Speak soon,

Rebecca xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 213 31
"If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer to her, encircling her in his arms, h...
417K 2.9K 20
| EDITED & FULL VERSION IS OUT ON KINDLE NOW | Young Alexandra Lowell is head over heels in love with Marcus Torres-her brothers best friend. He's a...
2.6M 80.5K 41
He's undercover. She's under him. All the pieces to Carrie's life were finally falling into place. She had a great career, a handsome fiancé, a house...
21.6K 1.5K 100
Four strangers from different walks of life meet on a cruise and spend an unforgettable week together. All of them on their own self-discovering jour...