The Neighbour

By Rebecca-Jade

When Ana confronts her new neighbour after being kept up all night by his sex noises, she's mortified to disc... More

✨Introduction✨
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
EPILOGUE
ONE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWO: FREDDIE'S POV
THREE: FREDDIE'S POV
FOUR: FREDDIE'S POV
FIVE: FREDDIE'S POV
SIX: FREDDIE'S POV
SEVEN: FREDDIE'S POV
EIGHT: FREDDIE'S POV
NINE: FREDDIE'S POV
TEN: FREDDIE'S POV
ELEVEN: FREDDIE'S POV
TWELVE: FREDDIE'S POV
THIRTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
FOURTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
FIFTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
SIXTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
SEVENTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
EIGHTEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
NINETEEN: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY ONE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-TWO: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-THREE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-FOUR: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-FIVE: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-SIX: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-SEVEN: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-EIGHT: FREDDIE'S POV
TWENTY-NINE: FREDDIE'S POV
THIRTY: FREDDIE'S POV
THIRTY-ONE: FREDDIE'S POV
Deleted Scene #1: Charlotte Gets a Cold
Deleted Scene #2: Pregnancy Tests & Takout Food

TWELVE

46.6K 1.1K 241
By Rebecca-Jade

🌷Anastasia🌷

Amy had another bad encounter at work, so I send her a quick text with a love heart emoji. Kimberly and I had done everything in our power to cheer her up at the time, but sometimes the only cure is a time away and a good night's sleep. My shift was fine and even I'm ready for a four-day break.

Within seconds, I have a reply.

Amy:

I LOVE YA!

I change out of my scrubs and tie my hair back, debating whether I want to bake or sleep? I saw a great recipe online for lemon drizzle cake and ever since then, I've been craving it. But I'm also exhausted and would benefit from a two-hour power nap. In the end, my decision is made for me when I check my cupboards and realise, I don't have any lemons in.

"Sleep, it is," I mumble to myself.

Moments away from my bedroom, a quiet knock sounds at my door, forcing me to change course. I already know who it is. My body has become so accustomed to him that whenever he's near, I can sense it. And I'm so fucking excited to see him.

"Freddie!"

"Hey!"

He beams at my slightly overenthusiastic greeting.

"You seem happy," he comments, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning against my doorframe.

I can't help but pay close attention to the way his arm muscles expand. "I am."

"Any particular reason why?" he asks, knowing fine well what brought my happiness on.

"I just finished work for four days."

"Anything else?" he questions.

I respond by pulling on his collar and pressing my mouth to his neck. His stubble is rough against my lips, and I love the way it scratches against my sensitive flesh. He immediately throws his head back, gifting me greater access and I don't waste my opportunity. I work my way up his jaw, along his cheekbones before finishing with a sweet kiss on the tip of his nose. His reaction is blinding, much like his smile. He physically couldn't look any happier if he tried and I relish the thought of being the one to have done that.

"Where's Charlotte?" I ask.

"That's actually why I'm here," he explains, positioning both hands on my waist. "Jamie and Sloan have taken her from me."

I laugh. "You make it sound like kidnap."

"It is!" he insists. "They made me do it. I didn't want to leave her."

I gently caress his jaw.

"I'm suffering with major separation anxiety right now."

I smile before kissing his nose again. "I'm sure she'll have a great time with her auntie and uncle."

He nods, resting his forehead against mine. "So, I was wondering if you wanted to go out? Maybe dinner and dancing, then back to mine for some mind-blowing sex?"

"Well, if the sex is mind-blowing..."

We both laugh.

"I'd love that, Freddie."

He smiles and bumps his nose with mine. "Pick you up at seven?"

I nod, suddenly inundated with nervous excitement. I've never planned having sex before but something about doing so feels rather thrilling. I already know the anticipation is going to be a killer, though in the most beautiful way imaginable. Then comes the self-doubt of course. That will be a killer and not in a good way.

"Hey," interrupts Freddie, whispering. "I can hear you over thinking from here."

I laugh. "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry," he says, drawing invisible circles on my hips. "Embrace the overthinker in you."

"Isn't that a bad thing?"

"Not if what you're thinking about is good."

Hmm?

"Why don't you think about how tonight is going to be incredible. Lots of food. Dancing. Lots of me kissing your beautiful body."

He tickles my waist, and I can't help but laugh.

"We deserve a little fun, Ana."

"Yeah, we do," I agree, squeezing his biceps.

He kisses my cheek and pulls back, running a nervous hand through his hair. "I need to go."

"Where?"

"I have a hot date tonight. I need to get ready!"

I giggle. "Freddie—it's only lunchtime. Our date isn't for another seven hours."

He gawks at me like I've lost my damn mind. "Only seven hours?"

I grab a cushion from my sofa and throw it at him. It hits him in the chest, and he pretends to fall over, in one of his silly moods.

"Falling for me, Freddie?" I tease.

He sits up and returns the cushion to its rightful place.

"Of course."

I help him up and smile, in awe of how good this feels. How—for the first time in almost two months—I woke up this morning and didn't think about Josh straight away.

"Seriously, I need to go. I need to call Jamie."

"Didn't you just come from seeing him?"

"Yeah, but that was forty minutes ago, and a lot can happen in that time."

"Like what?" I ask.

"I dunno. Maybe Charlotte learned how to talk, and I missed it."

I pinch his bottom as he leaves and smile when he gasps. "See you at seven, then!"

"Can't wait!" he shouts, entering his apartment.

I close the door to mine and quickly climb into bed, figuring sleep is my best option if what Freddie has planned for date-night includes a strenuous workout. My thoughts slowly creep back in, so I grab my phone in a last-minute attempt to take control of the situation. Kimberly is my oldest friend and will know what to do.

Ana:
Hey! So, there's a big chance
I'm having sex tonight.
It isn't too soon, right?

Kimberly:
Only you can answer that, babe.

Dammit!

I begin typing out my reply when she calls.

"Hello?"

"You know what your problem is..."

"I'm good. Thanks for asking," I tease, laughing.

She ignores my comment.

"You're so worried about what other people think that you hardly ever do anything for you."

She's right.

"Do you wanna sleep with him?"

I filled her in on all things Freddie last night.

"Yeah."

"Then there's your answer."

I laugh.

"There's no timeframe on this, Ana. Days, weeks, months... You do you, babe."

"I feel..."

Kimberly says nothing, allowing me a moment to gather my thoughts.

"I feel as though I wasted a big chunk of my life on Josh."

"Hmm."

"And I don't want to waste anymore by denying myself what I want."

"I totally understand, babe," she says.

"Plus, Freddie is perfect. At first, it was hard. I kept thinking I wasn't worthy of him but now that we've established this casual agreement, it takes the pressure away, ya know?"

"So, what's the problem?" she questions.

I wrack my brain for a response. "I guess there isn't one."

Kimberly laughs. "I should become a therapist."

"You should. You're good at it," I say.

I relax into my pillow, feeling thankful for having friends like Kimberly. Progressing this way with Freddie feels right to me, but sometimes society likes to make us feel like shit. Some people might think I'm moving on too fast, but who are they to judge? I'm not hurting anyone and for the first time in a very long time, I'm making a huge decision based on what I want.

I want Freddie Hudson.

I deserve this.

"I am strong, successful and worthy of love. I am not a reflection of my past."

***

Once showered, shaved, and scrubbed within an inch of my life, I remove the towel from my head and allow my wet locks to tumble around my shoulders. While the oils are working their magic, I moisturise my legs with my favourite strawberry body butter. Freddie hasn't said but I often catch him sniffing my hair and can assume from that he likes the smell of my strawberry shampoo. I decide to add a slight curl in my hair for tonight's look and keep make-up relatively light. Smokey eyes and pink lipstick is about as adventurous as I'm prepared to go and by the time 6.45pm rolls around, I'm happy with the look. I slip into my little black dress, changing it a total of four times before putting it back on again. If I'm being honest, I don't like the way it makes my boobs look, but I dare myself to wear it tonight regardless. I tell myself that if I can wear this dress out, I can achieve anything. The best way to remove self-doubt is to challenge it. So here I am, challenging it.

"You've got this, Ana!"

I smile at my reflection, feeling good about myself. Proud, even. I'm excited to go out dancing with Freddie. He made it sound so fun earlier and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been thinking about his body being pressed into mine all day. I have no idea if Freddie can dance, but if his rhythm is anything like his fingers', we've got nothing to worry about.

I blush at the thought of him touching me there again. It's been a few days since we had any sexual interaction, and my body feels ready for it. For him.

I spray some perfume on my neck and wrists and loop in the pair of silver earrings Kimberly got me for Christmas last year. I'm moments away from reapplying a fresh layer of lipstick when a song I vaguely recognise blares in from Freddie's bedroom wall. I've heard it on the radio a few times and know he's sending me a message through the lyrics.

"I'm good, yeah I'm feeling alright. Baby, I'mma have the best fucking night of my life."

I quickly reach for my phone and send him a text.

Ana:
Ready for the best
fucking night of my
life when you are ;)

The music stops and seconds later, there's a knock at my front door. I practically sprint across my living room floor to answer it, beyond excited. I throw my purse over my shoulder as I unlock the door and give my dress one last rub down before I open up for him. He looks incredible stood on my doorstep, holding a bunch of red roses. Dark jeans cover his brilliant, thick legs and I must admit, they suit him well. Accompanying them is the softest looking silk shirt in the colour white and—I'll be honest—he looks good enough to eat.

"Wow!" he speaks, breathless. "You look..." His gaze travels the length of my body. "Incredible."

"So do you," I insist, returning the gesture.

For a moment, neither of us move. We simply stare at each other on my front doorstep, in awe of the other's beauty. Eventually, Freddie thrusts the bunch of roses under my nose, as though suddenly remembering their existence.

"You're pulling out all the moves tonight, huh?"

"Oh, absolutely," he replies, running a shaking hand through his hair.

He's nervous and it makes me feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one.

"I'll just put them in some water before we go," I explain, heading towards the kitchen.

I soon locate my vase and fill it halfway with water. I then position the roses inside and place them on my coffee table, figuring they deserve the attention of being in the centre of the room.

"Perfect," I say.

Freddie—smiling—lightly takes hold of my arm and pulls me against his chest. "Yeah, you are."

I nuzzle into his neck, offering his skin a sweet kiss.

"Ready?" he asks.

I pull back and quickly shove on my heels. "Ready, Freddie!"

He smiles and leads me to his parked car, never once letting his hand fall from my lower back. He's inches away from touching my arse, but he doesn't dare cross over into that territory. Right now, Freddie is being nothing but gentlemanly, escorting me to the car. I spot it instantly. It's the only one in the entire carpark with a baby seat in the back. I imagine it was once the perfect car for Freddie and his bachelor life. Black exterior with leather seats and cruise control for when things got a little heated. Now, upon entering, I instantly notice a spare pack of nappies and a toy unicorn I'm sure is bigger than Charlotte herself.

"Nice ride," I tell him.

He smirks. "You'll be saying that later."

I throw my head back and laugh, obsessed with his light-hearted ways. The gentleman act is slowly slipping, and I can't say I'm too bothered about it. In fact, I can't wait for Freddie's dirty side to shine through.

"Where are we going?" I ask, adjusting my seatbelt and looking out the window.

It's still light outside, the sun barely showing any signs of setting soon.

"It's a surprise," he replies, positioning his hand on the back of my headrest to back out of his space. "I think you'll like it."

✨✨✨✨

Hello, lovely! 💕

I hope you're ready for date night.

It's going to be FIRE!!!

Be sure to check out this chapter in Freddie's POV. A certain character you all know and love from The Professor may appear. 😉

Enjoy!

Speak soon,

Rebecca xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 887 70
"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everything she could've imagined in her boyfrie...
21.6K 1.5K 100
Four strangers from different walks of life meet on a cruise and spend an unforgettable week together. All of them on their own self-discovering jour...
53.8K 828 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
3.5M 154K 74
"We need to start from the beginning. We need to find out who actually did it." ••• Alexandra Black's new found perfect life turns upside down when h...