A Journey From Germany

By IAmARandomPersonNow

This is a fanfiction of Anne Blankmans The Prisoner Of Night And Fog and it's sequel The Conspiracy Of Blood... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
My notes for the Fanfic

Chapter 15

19 2 0
By IAmARandomPersonNow

I felt my face heat up, I let out a small nodded "Well, I'll let you two be on your way" The doctor said. I looked up slightly, I saw that Daniel was buttoning his shirt and putting on his overcoat.

We left shortly after we paid, and we walked to Daniels apartment.

______________________

1/01/1933

I woke up to a knock on my bedroom. I was shocked since no one wakes me up, mainly since it was news years. I looked up at the time "I'll be there in a few minutes" I called out to the person who had knocked. I heard the sound of a faint a chuckle. I could recognise that chuckled from anywhere, Daniel.

I quickly got changed and went to Daniel "Happy new year's" I said once I got out.
Daniel let out a slight laugh "I guess so. Speaking of which, I can't be with you on your 'birthday' my editor informed me I'll be covering a country dance there. I know I've managed to work as a society reporter, but I really don't like it. I want to make a change, like I did in Germany. Speaking of which... Hitler is raising to power, and at a quick rate from what my parents said in a telegram" Daniel said.

I let out a laugh "It's fine, it's not my real birthday, so I don't feel that hurt. Although in regard to uncle- Hitler, I'm not that surprised. The reason why he's raising to power is the same as why my family supported him so much. He solves all our problems. We were in dept, we were poor, and often starving. He promised to solve this, since lots of people were in a similar place..." I said quietly.

"I can't pretend to understand. But what you're saying make sense. Enough about Hitler, it's pointless to talk about. Everyone is trying to hold on to this uneasy peace." He sighed.

It wasn't the first time I had heard that. He had told me this the first time we kissed, when we got together. We had just heard some SS soldiers talking about some plans for Jews. I remember how angry he was when he had heard what they had said. I remember he had said that no one would believe him and his fellow reporters at Munich Post about Hitters plans for Germany. He had been slightly surprised when I stood by his side.

We got down to the dining room and had breakfast. Once we finished breakfast, Daniel and I went out for a date for the day. We had walked to a park and sat on a seat.

"So, what are your plans for new year's?" I asked him, lightly placing my head on his shoulder.
"I don't have much, mainly spending time with you. I have to send my family a telegram while I can. There were elections in November for chancellor, I have little doubt Hitler will win. So, I need to send a message as soon as possible" Daniel sighed. "However, the life of a society reporter sucks. I have a new year's event to attend, although my editor is a slave driver. I had to stay up all night on a New Year's Eve report last night, and another tonight" he said.

I looked up to him. He did look drained "You should try to get some sleep. I understand why. Sleep is important" I scolded.
Daniel chuckled "People are meant to spend time with loved ones" he said.
I let out a frustrated sigh "You need to sleep. You would've been up all night, or almost all night for your report, and you have another one. If you want to have a good report, and not be nodding off mid-event, you should get some sleep, it's completely fine, Daniel" I argued.

Daniel shook his head "Let's make a small compromise, we spend till lunch together, and after I get some sleep till 7:30 so I can make it to the party in time?" He offered. I thought about it for a second; he'll get enough sleep, and we'll spend some time together.
I nodded "I suppose that'll work" I said.

"Do you want to go to a café?" I asked, Daniel nodded. I knew that he didn't like public places due to his arm injury. We walked to a café that we had been to for serval dates in the past.

I almost changed my mind due to how muck Daniel hated the place, but he had been very reassuring. Once we got there, we sat in a small corner, hidden from others.

There were lots of couples in the café, sitting over tea and scones. Daniel had asked what I had been up to recently. I had told him that I had been reading a book called The Magic Mountain.

"It's set in Swizerland, not where we stayed. It's rather interesting since it's commonly written and printed in German. Although I'd love to have my old copy of Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse" I said. I really did miss the book.

I noticed Daniel had perked his attention at the end, but didn't think much of it. The waitress came and asked for our orders "We'll have four scones with jam and cream, and we'll have one Iced Coffee and a Black Tea" I said, telling the waitress what we normally get.

A few minutes later we got our food. "So, Gretchen, is there any way you prefer your books? I remember you liked leather backings or something?" He asked.
I thought about it for a second "Yes, leather backings are nice. It's hard to explain" I said. Daniel nodded.

Once we finished and paid the waitress Daniel and I left and walked around Oxford. We found ourselves in the green fields behind the medical clinic of which Alfred worked.

Daniel and I walked hand in hand. I hated this uncomfortable silence. Daniel seemed to have noticed my uncomfortableness "You know if there is anything you want to say, you can say it" He said, lightly placing his hand on the small of my back. It had been something that he does to comfort me.

I remind silent for a while, not sure what to really talk about "Gretchen, is there any reason for your silence?" He asked "I know you have lots to say. It's who you are, and you have talked lots, numerous of times" Daniel added, slightly concerned.

"I not used to the silence of a male. I've been told that I'm, as a child, and a girl, am meant to be seen, not heard. I was raised in such an environment" I said, quietly and slowly.

I saw Daniel go into deep thought. He opened and closed his mouth a few times before finally speaking "I'm not that surprised, now that I think about it, since you were raised in an environment that greatly values men over women. But Gretchen, this is different, you don't need to be silent, I'm here to listen to you. It's about time you had your voice get heard" He said, moving his hand to my waist to pull my closer.

He gave me a look, asking if this was ok, I nodded slightly. "Well, I know I've asked before, but what was your childhood like? Or the house you lived in? I've found I'm always telling you about my past" I said, stopping slightly to look at Daniel, to make sure he's ok.

"Well, I've told you about my house. It wasn't a large house, but it was enough for my family. I have three younger sisters, the two oldest have recently tried to have beaux, since our parents are, in other words, not wanting us to be in a romantic relationship until we are legal adults. My sisters are more against it than I was...." Daniel said, trailing at the end.

"Are you ok, Daniel? It's not like you to go this quite" I asked, worried.

"Well, shortly before I became a report, I must've been 16 or 17 when this happened, I was romantically involved with a girl. She went to school with me. You see, I'm not going to go into to many details, but before I was a reporter, I wanted another profession, it earns good money too. The girl, let's call her.." he thought for a few seconds.
"Jen" he said at last
"Jen knew about what I wanted to do. She had asked me out a few times before I said I would be her beau. The oldest of my younger sisters hated her, and warned me that she was using me. She's only a year younger than me, so she knew Jen. Anyway, she would go to me for money, which, due to Germany's dept, I didn't often give. Whenever I brought up being a reporter, Jen would silence me. When I told her I would be a reporter, having made up my mind, she flipped out, calling me slurs. She was toxic, although I didn't really like her that much, especially compared to you. We were only in a relationship for a few months. I wasn't in the best place at the time. Jen didn't care in the slightest. I wouldn't hurt her if I saw her, but I'd not beg for anything. I really hate her now" Daniel said, taking me by surprise.

"I didn't realise that you have a history, but I shouldn't be surprised" I said. Daniel seemed put off by my comment. "I just don't know the history of your love life. Again, I'm not to shocked since most people get involved in romance around that age. It could be because I've never had a beau...." I added.

"It's fine, she's from the past, besides, if I had to choose between the two of you, I'd choose you, every time, Gretchen. You aren't as controlling or anything. And you don't use me. Looking back, it wasn't a good relationship, Jen was using me. She was controlling. You are supportive. You don't care about money or status, you care about personality, it's one of the many things I love about you" Daniel told me. He turned me around lightly he placed his hands on my shoulders.

He looked deeply into my eyes, asking if we could kiss me. I leaned in slowly, and our lip connected for a few short seconds.

(This is the start of the second book The Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke, so it's rushed so there is a context for the second book)
Time skip 21/02/1933

I woke up early had left for 'school' earlier than normal. I went to a store and found a revolver (Webley Mk IV) and a box of .455 calibre bullets with the money I earned from babysitting. I had to hid it in my bag since everyone else would freak out.

Few days later

After my surprise birthday party and Daniel had to leave since he got a telegram from his parents.

Few days later
I had just packed my bags and was on the boat to Germany to find Daniel. How dare he be so carless!? I know he would be careful not to be seen by the SS and SA (Nazis) I knew he hadn't killed anyone.

A/N
Well this is the last chapter of this book!
AT LAST!!!!
I have a second book and have a few chapters. Just check out my profile for it

The amount of effort we are going through to make up Jen (She isn't in the books, and we don't know anything about his previous love life before Gretchen), we have her history and looks, it's crazy, however this isn't the last we'll see of Jen. She'll be in the second book, getting brought up in.... I'm not going to tell, only co-author knows😉

Please read the notes and some facts about the story in the next chapter, if you have any questions, please just ask and co-author or me will get back to you as soon as we can

co-a/n: SERIOUSLY '...I SAID. I REALLY DID THE BOOK!?' I THOUGHT GRETCHEN WOULD DO DANIEL

My friends (co-author ShadowHunter1349)are writing an original story
Poly-Dimensional Love,
It's a love story between Demons, Elves (light and dark), Merfock and Humans. There are a few tw which get mentioned, there is also going to be threesomes at some point (Clearly hinted)It is also a gay love story, so if you aren't comfortable with it you can skip

My other friend is also writing is own story, Fates.

Word Count: 1988

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
3.8M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
2.1M 112K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
652K 32.6K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...