Alive bond

By EyaggeliaSklaveniti

Humans have always had the privilege of building and protecting their bonds themselves. Well,they haven't don... More

Introduction
Enemy part 1
Enemy part 2
The rough start of something eternal
The meeting
Long Ago
The "ally"
An unexpected tragedy
A new challenge
The plan
The danger continues
First months
The complication
Deal
Secrets
The ball
The birth
When doubts break souls are reborn
Leaving
Finding a way home
Police Station
Shadows'Palace
The Fallout
Dead End
"Weakness"
Family Problems
Cracks that leak the truth
Discussing the plan
Trip to the past
Healing
Fighting
Running
A visit from the past
Prisoners of the past

Crashing

1 0 0
By EyaggeliaSklaveniti

-Are you insane? Who puts Caesar sauce in a tomato salad?,Angelica was practically yelling

-A lot of people,actually, Anthony responded just as angrily

-People with no food taste and no taste buds. Wait,how do you know there are people who violate food like that? Do you associate with them?

-As a matter of fact,I consider myself one of them. One time I mixed magionese with ketchup and dipped my french fries in there.

-Okay,that's it. I too have my limits. Eve,can we switch places?

Eve was sitting in the seat in front of Angelica's and she was getting more frustrated by the second. She even started to miss the council meetings. And her sisters. She was planning on relaxing a bit during the flight and organise her thoughts but that seemed to be impossible. The flight from England to France had a duration of approximately 1,5 hours. It has been only thirty minutes since they took off and Angelica hasn't stopped arguing with Anthony about insignificant things. Their most recent discussion about salads and dressings was their most serious so far. Before that they talked about cat's meow and dog's grooming. So it was reasonable to assume that Eve's nerves had started to reach a breaking point.

-No,Angelica,you cant.I kept asking you to the airport if you wanted me to sit with Anthony but you replied that it was a marvelous opportunity for extra communication time.Now you must suffer the consequences.

Angelica pouted and sank in her seat. Sometimes she acted like a spoiled child who didn't get what she wanted.

-I know but please....he is intolerable.

-I'm sorry miss but your friend is right. We are experiencing some turbulence so I would strongly advise you to remain at your sea

The flight attendant rescued Eve from a long and tiring conversation. The truth was the steward was keeping an eye on them for sometime now. Angelica and Anthony were really annoying and noisy at times,especially now and some of the other passengers had discreetly complained about the noise numerous times but after a while it became obvious that these two were not going to stop so everyone would just have to be patient. A few passengers were actually enjoying eavesdropping on their peculiar conversation so the atmosphere had lightened up significantly

The steward however was feeling sorry for the friend of these two noisy passengers and was taking extra care of her, keeping her eyes and ears open for anything she could do to help. She really was a big help but Eve didn't feel comfortable about this at all.After all,a few days ago was the Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse and now she was just a regular 20 year old girl,being tormented by her two companions. It was demoting to say the least.

Just as she was finishing that thought,she was shaken up again. The flight attendant wasn't lying. Turbulence had started a few minutes ago and it was only getting worse. Everyone was growing concerned but she was trying her best to calm everyone. As time passed Eve noticed that she was entering the pilot's cabin more and more frequently and each time she came out more stressed. Now she returned again and she was close to a panic attack.Eve didn't want to use that ability of hers but she had no choice. There was no way she would willingly admit anything that could cause full-blown panic to the passengers but Eve had to know what was happening.

She turned around to Anthony and Angelica.

-Whatever you do, do not look me in the eyes until I say you can.Okay?

They were both confused and a bit afraid but they nodded at the same time.

-Miss? Can you come here for a second?

-Of course ma'am.How can I assist you?

-Can you approach?

As she leaned forward and looked Eve in the eyes,the former Queen's eyes changed color and from dark brown they became gold. The pupil,now gold,expanded dramatically and was now occupying the whole eye.

-Now,I want you to take me somewhere private and explain to me what is going on.

-Certainly. Please follow me.

The attitude of the steward didn't change at all even though she was now following Eve's commands.She hadn't lost her free will,that was against the universal law,she had just temporarily lost the ability to think things clearly and thoroughly.

The attendant led Eve to the back of the plane and started talking calmly and clearly as she was simply explaining safety regulations. Thats why Eve hated that ability.It made people look stupid.

-We are going to crash,miss. A while after we took off,the pilots discovered that the course we were following was not the right one. They tried to bring the plane back to its original course but to no avail. They tried to notify the control tower but they were unsuccessful.Not only that but after they activated the autopilot,it locked on the given course and then they couldn't turn the autopilot off.Our crashing was inevitable,in the end,and we decided not to inform the passengers. We are all going to die,anyway. These people don't deserve to live their last moments in the midst of panic and fear. Please,don't tell them.

-How much time is left?

-The mountain is right in front of us. In five minutes,maybe ten we will hit it.

Despite her being under the influence of Eve's ability,tears started to fall from her eyes,a clear sign of how scared she was.

-Go take a nap.

-A beg your pardon,miss?

-You gave these people the gift of a peaceful death.Some may say that ignorance is not true peace but I don't think that is important right now. You don't have to worry. I won't tell them anything. I promise. But you also deserve a serene passing. So now....

Eve touched her forehead and she immediately fell unconscious. After that,she gently laid her on the floor.

-...you will say goodbye to this world the only way it deserves. With no words.

As she was returning to her seat,people noticed the flight attendant wasn't with her so they kept asking her where she was.

-Where is she? I wanted to ask when we were going to land. I can't miss my only grandson's graduation ceremony.

The old lady grabbed her arm and asked her sweetly. Eve didn't dare to meet her eyes.

-We should be landing soon. I take this flight twice a month to visit my children. They live with my ex-wife.

-Soon is a relevant thing. I am visiting my girlfriend. I hadn't seen her in a while but now that I have finally graduated,I'm planning to ask her to marry me so we will never be apart again.So I can't wait until we are there.

Eve kept listening to the hopes and dreams of the other passengers and she remembered what she said to the unconscious steward a few. moments ago "The only way the world deserves to be said goodbye is with no words". Right now,these people are saying goodbye to the world. But it was more than the world deserved.But,in the end,the flight attendant was right. These people will have the most tragic,unjust and blissful death.

As she returned to her seat,practically running,Angelica and Anthony looked at her concerned.

-Eve what happened?

-I don't have time to explain. I need you both to grab my hands and whatever you do,don't....

She didn't have time to finish that sentence because a loud noise was heard and everything went black after that.

As I slowly regained my consciousness, I was surprised to find out that I wasn't feeling any pain at all. Of course I knew that I wouldn't die. I may have given up my position as Queen but I still was in universe's good grace. That's why I grabbed Angelica and Anthony. To make sure they will also be protected. But I certainly wasn't expecting not to be injured. Either the universe loved me more than I had anticipated or....

'Eve, my beating heart, are you alight?'

The voice of Erica inside my head was usually something I always welcomed and craved but not when I had just survived a plane crush and I had a splitting headache. I had little to no energy to respond through our bond and, truth be told, it was a bit painful. But I knew she would panic If I didn't respond, I could already feel the anxiety building up inside her.

'Yes, Erica. I'm fine. But I feel a little dizzy so can we not talk right now?'

'Certainly. I apologize for the dizziness, its not due to the crashing. A few moments before the plane collided with the mountain your highly sensitive instincts sensed the danger and sent a distress signal through the bonds with your sisters and I responded to it. I didn't have time to communicate with you so I simply took over control of your body and maneuvered it out of the way when it was necessary. You probably don't remember it, you were in a state of shock at that time. So that's why you are feeling a little faint.'

'Did you also change temporarily the chemical structure of my skin so it will withstand the heat from the flames?'

'Yes, exactly. You probably still have a crawling sensation on your skin.'

'Are Angelica and Anthony injured?'

'Fotini protected Angelica so she is unharmed. I don't know about Anthony. Where are you? We need you back here. I don't know why you left?'

'You know well enough. How are things back home?'

'......That is not something to be discussed while you are under a pile of debris. Just come back as soon as you finish what you are involved with. We can maintain control here. For a while, that is. Can you lift the metal bars? I can strengthen your body, If you like.'

'No, that wont be necessary. I see a hole in my left. I think I can crawl my way out.'

'Okay, just be careful. I love you'

Once the connection was cut off, I took a deep breath to calm my mind but I couldnt.Something dreadful has happened in the capital. It was to be expected,however. After all I had abandoned the throne after seemingly committing treason without leaving an heir. But I couldnt do anything about it from here.

I slowly moved towards the hole on the side of the plane being very careful not to disturb the debris too much in case something falls on me or blocks my way out. In a few minutes I was free and I started searching for the others.

The remains of the plane had fallen on the valley below the mountain.I could see the mountaintop right above us but in front of me there was a thick forest.It seemed it will be quite difficult to reach civilization again,let alone reach our original destination.

-Angelica!Anthony!

The impact of the collision was massive and before the plane hits the ground it was already on fire so I considered it highly unlikely for anyone else other than the three of us to have survived.

-Here,Eve!

I followed the voice and I found Angelica sitting on what used to be a part of the wings. She had just freed herself and she was full of dust and smoke but I didnt see any injuries on her.

-Thankfully,you are ok. Where is Anthony?

I was worried because after the crash Angelica and Anthony got separated from me and even though I was protected by Erica and Angelica by Fotini,Anthony let go of his only protection. Me.

-He is okay. He is unconscious but alive and well. I may suffer from energy depletion at this time but I can still spare some energy to protect my source.

I didnt want to comment on the definition of "energy depletion" and instead I started helping her remove the metallic debris on top of Anthony. It took a few hours but in the end we managed to pull him out.He didnt have his senses but apart from a few cuts and bruises he seemed unharmed.

By the time he woke up it was already nighttime. Me and Angelica had managed to set up a campfire so we would be warm at least during the night. We haven't heard or seen any animals but we remained alert.The pilot's cabin was totally destroyed so we had no way of communication with anyone and by the time they found us Anthony will have died of hunger. Angelica could stand days,even months, without food using only the power from her sources.I also could use the cosmic power to keep my body in a healthy and active condition for as long as it took. But Anthony would need food. And quickly. This seemed to be one of our biggest problems right now.

At that time,Anthony woke up. He tried to stand up but he felt dizzy and he lied down again.It was obvious how shaken up he was from the plane crash and the impact of Angelica's energy on his body was greater than she had anticipated. He would fall asleep soon so we decided not to talk to him but before he fell unconscious again he turned to Angelica who was standing in front of the fire

-Keep away from the fire. Its not your element and you know it.

After that he fell asleep again. Me and Angelica looked at each other puzzled. Angelica decided not to pay much attention to what he said because he was already half asleep at the time and go to sleep. I followed her example soon after but what Anthony said dominated my thoughts the whole night because if I interpreted it correctly it leads to a problematic conclusion which was the last thing we needed right now.

At the same in the Autonomous Port of Paris

-Sorry Im late Eric

-Its okay,Raphael I was just starting to worry you wouldnt show up.

-Did you hear about the missing plane? Everyone said it crashed but I dont want to even think about it. There were over 300 people in there. And just die like that....its unthinkable.Maybe the is a glitch on their instruments,thats why they cant find it.

-I would worry so much Raphael. There is nothing you can do to help simply by worrying,only hurt yourself.

-You are right. Still,it would be a tragedy if the plane crashed, wouldn't it?

They were having this conversation while they were embarking the ship so Raphael had his back turned on Eric and didnt see the faint smirk on his face.

-Yes,a tragedy indeed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Undead By RA

Vampire

107 13 17
Being trapped inside one place most of your life is suffocating. So I took it upon myself to go behind my mother's back every chance I got to leave...
24.4K 1.5K 70
BOOK 1 Mage Chronicles: The Beginning. New world, New family, New friends... and enemies, Multiple mates? Kidnap, murder. A crown she wasn't ready...
40 5 37
My story begins with Eva, a 15-year-old girl, living a normal life. On the evening of her 16th birthday, she finds out, in a tragic way, that she is...
159 12 41
Nyrrea is the daughter of the king. The citizen of their lands are different than others, they have spirit animals. Nyrrea was not like them, she did...